PDA

View Full Version : Any other midwesteners and westcoasters tired of seeing the same east coast teams?

cooters22
10-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Any other mid-west and west coast fans sick and tired of seeing the same couple of teams on ESPN and game of the week? I'm of course talking during the season. I really can't stand watching the Yanks vs. Red Sox anymore. It could be a great series during the week to follow, but its way way over done. On a typical weekend I don't wanna see New York-Boston play all three games of their series. But instead a Oakland A's-Angels occasional match up would be great. Before the playoffs started I couldn't name probably two players on the Angels roster or Seattle Mariners. And I still can't. My team the Brewers does play in the mid-west and National League, so I do get to see them play all the mid-west and west coast NL teams, but not the AL ones. I'm not just talking about an east coast bias, but they only put on I swear 4 teams, Philly, Yanks, Red Sox and Atlanta, and very rarely a Cubs-Cardinals match up. I have a friend that lives in Seattle that knows nothing hardly about Ryan Braun because he says he's rarely on any tv out there. And thats a shame. I guess thats what I love about the NFL, they sort of show case all the teams unless you are just god awful. And then you are still on at some point and time. I know ESPN is east coast bias, but it goes further than that, they only show the good east coast teams. I wanna see all the teams and not the same ones. Yes, ratings I'm sure have everything to do with it, but I personally would watch more games if all the teams were on. And Yank fans, Red Sox fans this question isn't posed to you so no need to answer. Its for a Brewers fan, Giants fan, Mariners type fans.

Havoc Wreaker
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM
No. This issue has never been brought up on these boards. I think your next thread should be about realignment or a salary cap.

CostanzaNumba0
10-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Yankees Red Sox make by far the most money via ratings, if you want to see other games buy the extra innings package. Baseball is doing well largely thanks to the big market east coast teams, something the NBA should pay attention to, NOONE CARES IF OKLAHOMA CITY IS GOOD

Pinstripe pride
10-05-2011, 09:30 AM
netowrks put on what gets ratings. thats bthe yanks and the sox. simple as that

sexicano31
10-05-2011, 09:37 AM
The reason the yanks, phils, red sox, etc are always on is because of money

sexicano31
10-05-2011, 09:48 AM
No. This issue has never been brought up on these boards. I think your next thread should be about realignment or a salary cap.

:laugh2:

TheRuckus
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
This won't go anywhere productive. Closed.