PDA

View Full Version : Which Gm would you take?

Nyc4You
10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
If you were to start a team Which Gm would you hire. i would go with pat riley:shrug:

Evolution23
10-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Jerry Bus has a record of producing championship teams so i'll go with him.

Kevj77
10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I might go with Sam Presti.

Cal827
10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Anybody but Brian Colangelo lol :facepalm:

Pat Riley... that guys is like a freaking don

Raps18-19 Champ
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
^Brian Colangelo isn't a bad GM by any means.

Give me whoever runs the Spurs. They've been killing it.

Trades, signings, and drafting. They seem to get gems with whatever they have every time.

Baller1
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Sam Presti, Pat Riley, or R.C. Buford.

CB29
10-03-2011, 10:50 PM
riley...

bholly
10-03-2011, 10:52 PM

What makes you think Buss knows anything about being a GM?

naps
10-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Pat Riley---The Godfather, The Gangster. I honestly don't think anyone else is as much shrewd and dynamic. The man is a symbol of convincing power.

naps
10-03-2011, 11:00 PM

Jerry Buss is the owner not GM. Mitch Kupchak is the Lakers GM. Before him it was Jerry West.

RZZZA
10-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I like our GM. He may not be one of the "best" but we've done pretty well for ourselves. Our FO has got to be the most competent of any other team in Chicago, except perhaps the Blackhawks.

Cal827
10-03-2011, 11:09 PM
^Brian Colangelo isn't a bad GM by any means.

Give me whoever runs the Spurs. They've been killing it.

Trades, signings, and drafting. They seem to get gems with whatever they have every time.

He hasn't had any luck here in Toronto though lol

GodsSon
10-03-2011, 11:22 PM
He hasn't had any luck here in Toronto though lol

That's cause the FO was too intent on trying to please Bosh and get him to re-up.

Look at his past 3 drafts...DeRozan, Ed Davis and Valanciunas are all solid prospects, plus he's made some nice, underrated moves by acquiring Amir Johnson, James Johnson and Bayless. That's a nice cast of young players with upside.

Overall he's done a pretty good job all things considered, especially the last 2 years.

Cal827
10-04-2011, 12:06 AM
That's cause the FO was too intent on trying to please Bosh and get him to re-up.

Look at his past 3 drafts...DeRozan, Ed Davis and Valanciunas are all solid prospects, plus he's made some nice, underrated moves by acquiring Amir Johnson, James Johnson and Bayless. That's a nice cast of young players with upside.

Overall he's done a pretty good job all things considered, especially the last 2 years.

That is true, but I think it's fair to say that he's failed in what would have been his primary objective when he came here, since we were in the midst of a rebuild when he first joined here and he was supposed to form us into a contender. Hopefully, the trio of picks he made become something good.

For the injury problems to two key players, I think Portland's GM has done a good job too.

DoMeFavors
10-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Donnie Nelson seems like he always trades a bunch of vets for good players.

RevisIsland
10-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Sam Presti

Rego247
10-04-2011, 12:31 AM

Not to mention he's sooooooo well dressed.

SportsFanatic10
10-04-2011, 01:07 AM
gotta go with riley. hell i'd want him as both coach and gm if i could somehow convince him to start coaching again lol.

MTar786
10-04-2011, 02:41 AM
jerry west..... where miracles happen

kingsdelez24
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Geoff Petrie... He turned the lottery kings to a contender overnight, and he's gonna do it again with the talent he's brought in the past 2 seasons

smith&wesson
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM
spurs gm, I dont know his name but he is a beast of a gm

daleja424
10-04-2011, 07:34 PM
The don...Pat Riley. Guy has built at least 5 different contenders right?

pjstjkvc16
10-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I may be a bit of a homer on this, but Geoff Petrie. Guy is amazing at the draft and at one point made them contenders for a long stretch. But, I'd go with the Spurs GM, whoever he may be.

Team*Chicago
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Abe Forman because he's better than Pat Riley that didn't draft no stinking Michael Beasley that busted like the new Conan:The Barbarian movie.

Nyc4You
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Abe Forman because he's better than Pat Riley that didn't draft no stinking Michael Beasley that busted like the new Conan:The Barbarian movie.

LOL. beasely is good what are you talking about. he didn't have a spot on the heat. Besides it was either him or rose and the bulls got the first pick sooo the heat were screwed.

daleja424
10-04-2011, 08:59 PM

no secret that Pat wanted Rose...

GunFactor187
10-04-2011, 09:05 PM
RC Buford

el_primo_nano
10-04-2011, 09:29 PM
I would take Definitely Isiah Thomas over anybody in the league today

Team*Chicago
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
LOL. beasely is good what are you talking about. he didn't have a spot on the heat. Besides it was either him or rose and the bulls got the first pick sooo the heat were screwed.

:facepalm:Beasley is not that good, if he was then he'll still be in Miami instead of Lebron or Bosh being there and he would have played in the allstar game already. And the heat was never screwed, they could have drafted Russel Westbrooks, Kevin Love or Brook Lopez. Pat and the cryami heat suck at drafting. The reason people on here wants Pat has their GM is because he help acquire the big 3 Stooges.

no secret that Pat wanted Rose...

He wanted Rose because John wanted Rose.

naps
10-04-2011, 10:17 PM

:facepalm:

You must have started watching NBA after 2008. Michael Beasley was the consensus #1 pick at that time. Derrick Rose was the one one close to Beasley and Bulls picked the home town guy Rose with the #1 and Beasley would go as #2 by default. Not too many people thought Rose would better than Beasley. Even if Riley thought, he didn't have the chance to pick Rose.

And Riley also landed LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Forman pursued all three of them but Riley made him settle with Boozer as a consolation prize. You can answer Forman, there's nothing wrong here but you need to move on. It's been more than a year.

:facepalm:Beasley is not that good, if he was then he'll still be in Miami instead of Lebron or Bosh being there and he would have played in the allstar game already. And the heat was never screwed, they could have drafted Russel Westbrooks, Kevin Love or Brook Lopez. Pat and the cryami heat suck at drafting. The reason people on here wants Pat has their GM is because he help acquire the big 3 Stooges.

Clearly you are mad. Pat Riley has one of the most brilliant minds in basketball history, if not the most. He has a glorious history of building contenders and nurturing gigantic egos. Go figure!

Nyc4You
10-05-2011, 07:13 AM

Im not sure but wasn't he the gm/coach when you guys won a chip in 06?