PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Players in the '10-'11 NBA season

PinnacleFlash
10-02-2011, 01:25 AM
This is just solely on the 2010-2011 season, not as individual players and not taking account for seasons prior. I have made, viewed, and posted on many top 5 players in the NBA threads this off-season but it was taking into seasons prior into account. ITT? We are just judging solely on the 2010-2011 season.

1. Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk not only had a dominating post-season run but he also had a severely underrated regular season run. He finished 6th in the MVP voting when he definitely should have finished higher (Durant and Kobe finished above him and that shouldn't have happened). He was one of the legitimate candidates and one of the favorites to win it before his injury where he missed 9 games and the Mavericks went 2-7 without him. He was the best player in the 2011 playoffs and his run was simply legendary. I honestly don't think he was the best player in the 2011 NBA finals, I actually think Wade was. But looking at the overall body of work Dirk put in I am going to have to put Dirk ahead of him. Nobody had a more dominant regular season and post-season performance than he did in the '10-'11 season.

2. Dwyane Wade

Wade had a great regular season run but an even more dominant post-season run as usual. I felt Wade and LeBron were pretty much neck and neck in the regular season and I felt like I could have been able to determine who was the better player and who had the better season of the two on their post-season runs, Wade was better. The two toughest teams the Heat faced in the post-season were the Celtics and the Mavericks, and Wade was the star/best player on the Heat for those two series. I also don't think Wade's ECF performance hurt him as much as LeBron's finals performance did.

Wade was better in the ECF than LeBron was in the Finals. Wade although struggled for the most part in the ECF, found other ways to contribute. He would grab rebounds, play great defense, make clutch plays, continue to attack the basket, draw fouls, and keep constant pressure on the Bulls defense. LeBron? He didn't do that in the NBA Finals, he was just a peripheral and invisible player. He made countless swing passes that led to nowhere when he could have just attacked the basket, created his own shot, or something, but he decided to play hot potato instead. He didn't bring pressure nor did he bring any fear to the defense. You can say he attempted to defer to him but that doesn't explain why LeBron continued to do nothing and stay invisible when Wade sat out the beginning of the 2nd half in Game 5 due to an injury.

I can accept a star playing poorly (Wade) more than I can accept a star turning himself into a role player to the detriment of his own team (Lebron). All LeBron James needed to do was play like a struggling LeBron James and the Heat would have won the 2010-2011 NBA championship but he didn't.....so they lost which is why Wade is ahead of him.

3. LeBron James

Fantastic regular season as usual and had a great post-season run up until the finals. He is ranked third because of his inexplicable and unacceptable finals performance. If he were to just have played average or just struggling, not only would LeBron have been ranked #1 but the Heat would have been the 2010-2011 champs but he didn't, so they weren't, so he isn't ranked 1st. You probably wouldn't have found many people that didn't have Lebron as the #1 player after the ECF but the Finals did enough to change all that. You can say, well it was just one series, well it was just 6 games. Well 6 games and an entire series isn't an outlier like 1 game is(a la, Game 5 in the 2010 Playoffs vs. Boston Celtics). I have to dock him and I have to dock him hard for that so LeBron finishes at #3.

4. Dwight Howard

Fantastic regular season and a great individual post-season performance. Many argue that Dwight should have been the 2010-2011 MVP but I am not one of those people. I feel kind of bad having Dwight ranked at 4th when it was not his fault that his team had an early 1st round exit to the Atlanta Hawks in the 2011 playoffs. He gave it everything he got and he played great but he wasn't able to get it done and win them the series by himself. I am not punishing Dwight by ranking him 4th but I am just not rewarding him like I am with those other three guys for getting so deep in the post-season.

5. Derrick Rose

The 2010-2011 MVP. I am sure there are people that would argue that Durant should be ahead of him for that fifth spot but I don't agree. Durant may be the better player but he did not have the better season in my opinion. Rose was the '10-'11 NBA MVP for a reason. He led the Bulls to the best record in the NBA with a record of 62-20 and he didn't just do that, but he also got his team to the ECF. Durant didn't get any further than Rose did. Durant may have performed better in the post-season but I don't think that is good enough for him to overcome Rose's entire body of work especially since Rose had a great series against Atlanta too. Simply put? Rose's regular season was significantly better than Durant's regular season while Durant's post-season performances was better but not enough to overcome Rose's regular season body of work. Durant was the favorite coming in to win the '10-'11 MVP too so you could very well say that Durant underachieved the expectations he was given while Rose certainly overachieved his.

Honorable Mention: Kevin Durant.

Note - if we were to just rank the top 5 players in the NBA, and not specifically the '10-'11 season, Rose would fall out of the top 6 and both Chris Paul and Kevin Durant would be ranked ahead of him.

thenetslegend
10-02-2011, 03:24 AM
lebron
dwight
rose
dirk
durant

MagicBucsSox
10-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Anyone over Dwight but lebron is a jokey joke. Wade never carried a team and dirk always had a team

PinnacleFlash
10-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Anyone over Dwight but lebron is a jokey joke. Wade never carried a team and dirk always had a team
2006 must have never existed in your mind and this is just based on the 2010-2011 season. It's a bit difficult not having Dirk as the best then again I doubt you read anything other than the player's names.

MagicBucsSox
10-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Ok dirk scores.........well else is he dominate at?

Dwight get 20 and leds a top5 def BY HIM DAMM SELF. holla at that

SaimuKala
10-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Dirk
LeBron
Dwight
Rose
Durant

poleandreel
10-02-2011, 03:57 AM
quite possibly the worst list i have ever seen. notice how wade's explanation is 4x longer than the others. Obviously he wants us to suck wades nuts

The Prodigy
10-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Being a fan of the Heat and Dwyane Wade being my favorite player in the league and Lebron being one of my least favorite star players Im going to try and put any bias-ness aside.

1. Lebron James-Dominated the season and was statistically better than everyone else night in and night out. Accompanied by his great post season despite his abysmal performance in the finals he still has the top spot on my list.

2. Dwight Howard- Anchor of the Magic defense and not many players if any have the same impact as him on the defensive end.

3. Dwayne Wade- An elite player on both ends of the court, only a handful of players impact the game like him on both ends of the floor in so many different ways. Had a great season and a great post season including another one of his great final performances (spoiled by the mavs and lebron)

4. Dirk Nowitzki- He gets the job done. Doesnt play with any other "superstars" and still competes at the highest level. Won the Finals and Finals MVP, that itself should say enough.

5. Derrick Rose- Not a big fan of Rose but its hard to argue that he wasn't a top 5 player last year. He won the MVP and led a team that not much people had much faith in besides bulls fans.

Honorable Mention- Durant couldve easily replaced Rose for the 5th spot, Kobe should also get some recognition even though his game has regressed slightly.

Baller1
10-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Regular Season:
1. Dwight Howard
2. Lebron James
3. Derrick Rose
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Kevin Durant

Playoffs:
1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Kevin Durant
3. Lebron James
4. Dwight Howard
5. Zach Randolph

Overall:
1. Lebron James
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kevin Durant
5. Derrick Rose

LakersIn5
10-02-2011, 05:09 AM
LeBron
Dwight
Dirk
Rose
Durant

Knicks21
10-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Didn't we just complete one of these recently?

Knicks21
10-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Regular Season:
1. Dwight Howard
2. Lebron James
3. Derrick Rose
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Kevin Durant

Playoffs:
1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Kevin Durant
3. Lebron James
4. Dwight Howard
5. Zach Randolph

Overall:
1. Lebron James
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kevin Durant
5. Derrick Rose

Melo should be in your playoffs.

Chill_Will_24
10-02-2011, 05:37 AM
1.Lebron James: One playoff series doesnt take away what he did the rest of the post season and thru the reg season.

2.Dwight Howard: I considered putting him first simply because of his sheer domination in the season AND the playoffs. Dwight is simply unstoppable right now.

3. Dirk Nowitzki: As the OP said, he had a solid reg season campain and his playoff performance was simply phenomenal.

4. Dwayne Wade: Not much to say here. He was amazing in the playoffs and was the closer for the Heat.

5. Derrick Rose: His regular season numbers were good; overrated but good nonetheless. He was the "MVP", whatever that means these days. He was ok in the playoffs but the Heat showed why Rose is overrated.

EDIT: I considered putting Manu in but i didnt feel like getting into it with any Bulls fans.

Chill_Will_24
10-02-2011, 05:37 AM

:laugh2: If his team hadnt gotten swept i would agree

NBA-GMaster
10-02-2011, 05:53 AM
LeBron,Wade,Dwight,Dirk and Rose

asandhu23
10-02-2011, 06:41 AM
1. Monta Ellis

and

everyone else.

Knicks21
10-02-2011, 07:05 AM
:laugh2: If his team hadnt gotten swept i would agree

So Dwight dominated the playoffs, but as well as Melo lost. And yet he gets recognition? :confused:

Chill_Will_24
10-02-2011, 07:38 AM
So Dwight dominated the playoffs, but as well as Melo lost. And yet he gets recognition? :confused:

1. Dwight impacts the game and dominates in ways that Melo could never with his volume scoring ways.

2. Dwight didnt get swept

Knicks21
10-02-2011, 08:27 AM
1. Dwight impacts the game and dominates in ways that Melo could never with his volume scoring ways.

It was the hawks...

The way he played against the celtics was dominant, and to the fact he lead a team of d leaguers in Game 2 to a 3 point loss. Im not saying he is better than Dwight, but he played damn good.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-02-2011, 08:27 AM

True but ur obviously Melo biased no matter how much u try n mask it: He was alright until he spurned the Nets 4 the knicks

justinnum1
10-02-2011, 08:37 AM

:facepalm:

justinnum1
10-02-2011, 08:38 AM

He couldnt even win a game vs. the celtics...wade won a playoff game all by himself vs the celtics in '10

Knicks21
10-02-2011, 08:58 AM
He couldnt even win a game vs. the celtics...wade won a playoff game all by himself vs the celtics in '10

q rich had 20.

Underrated Wade
10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
regular.
1.dwight
2.wade
3. lebron
4.rose
5. durant
playoffs.
1.dirk
2. wade
3.lebron
4.dwight
5. rose/durant

Chill_Will_24
10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
It was the hawks...

The way he played against the celtics was dominant, and to the fact he lead a team of d leaguers in Game 2 to a 3 point loss. Im not saying he is better than Dwight, but he played damn good.

The fact that you traded away your entire team for Melo is irrelevant because that was your own team's fault. Melo put up good numbers only BECAUSE he was the only option. Thats the style of ball that he thrives in. The pre Melo Knicks would have put up a better fight against Boston and against CHI too IMHO. Next year the Mike D has to come up with a way to better incorporate Melo the ball stopper into his free flowing offensive system while getting Amare his touches as well. Tough task.

Melo doesnt know how to play team ball so if stats are your thing then yes.. he played DAMN good.

JordansBulls
10-02-2011, 09:25 AM
This is just solely on the 2010-2011 season, not as individual players and not taking account for seasons prior. I have made, viewed, and posted on many top 5 players in the NBA threads this off-season but it was taking into seasons prior into account. ITT? We are just judging solely on the 2010-2011 season.

1. Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk not only had a dominating post-season run but he also had a severely underrated regular season run. He finished 6th in the MVP voting when he definitely should have finished higher (Durant and Kobe finished above him and that shouldn't have happened). He was one of the legitimate candidates and one of the favorites to win it before his injury where he missed 9 games and the Mavericks went 2-7 without him. He was the best player in the 2011 playoffs and his run was simply legendary. I honestly don't think he was the best player in the 2011 NBA finals, I actually think Wade was. But looking at the overall body of work Dirk put in I am going to have to put Dirk ahead of him. Nobody had a more dominant regular season and post-season performance than he did in the '10-'11 season.

2. Dwyane Wade

Wade had a great regular season run but an even more dominant post-season run as usual. I felt Wade and LeBron were pretty much neck and neck in the regular season and I felt like I could have been able to determine who was the better player and who had the better season of the two on their post-season runs, Wade was better. The two toughest teams the Heat faced in the post-season were the Celtics and the Mavericks, and Wade was the star/best player on the Heat for those two series. I also don't think Wade's ECF performance hurt him as much as LeBron's finals performance did.

Wade was better in the ECF than LeBron was in the Finals. Wade although struggled for the most part in the ECF, found other ways to contribute. He would grab rebounds, play great defense, make clutch plays, continue to attack the basket, draw fouls, and keep constant pressure on the Bulls defense. LeBron? He didn't do that in the NBA Finals, he was just a peripheral and invisible player. He made countless swing passes that led to nowhere when he could have just attacked the basket, created his own shot, or something, but he decided to play hot potato instead. He didn't bring pressure nor did he bring any fear to the defense. You can say he attempted to defer to him but that doesn't explain why LeBron continued to do nothing and stay invisible when Wade sat out the beginning of the 2nd half in Game 5 due to an injury.

I can accept a star playing poorly (Wade) more than I can accept a star turning himself into a role player to the detriment of his own team (Lebron). All LeBron James needed to do was play like a struggling LeBron James and the Heat would have won the 2010-2011 NBA championship but he didn't.....so they lost which is why Wade is ahead of him.

3. LeBron James

Fantastic regular season as usual and had a great post-season run up until the finals. He is ranked third because of his inexplicable and unacceptable finals performance. If he were to just have played average or just struggling, not only would LeBron have been ranked #1 but the Heat would have been the 2010-2011 champs but he didn't, so they weren't, so he isn't ranked 1st. You probably wouldn't have found many people that didn't have Lebron as the #1 player after the ECF but the Finals did enough to change all that. You can say, well it was just one series, well it was just 6 games. Well 6 games and an entire series isn't an outlier like 1 game is(a la, Game 5 in the 2010 Playoffs vs. Boston Celtics). I have to dock him and I have to dock him hard for that so LeBron finishes at #3.

4. Dwight Howard

Fantastic regular season and a great individual post-season performance. Many argue that Dwight should have been the 2010-2011 MVP but I am not one of those people. I feel kind of bad having Dwight ranked at 4th when it was not his fault that his team had an early 1st round exit to the Atlanta Hawks in the 2011 playoffs. He gave it everything he got and he played great but he wasn't able to get it done and win them the series by himself. I am not punishing Dwight by ranking him 4th but I am just not rewarding him like I am with those other three guys for getting so deep in the post-season.

5. Derrick Rose

The 2010-2011 MVP. I am sure there are people that would argue that Durant should be ahead of him for that fifth spot but I don't agree. Durant may be the better player but he did not have the better season in my opinion. Rose was the '10-'11 NBA MVP for a reason. He led the Bulls to the best record in the NBA with a record of 62-20 and he didn't just do that, but he also got his team to the ECF. Durant didn't get any further than Rose did. Durant may have performed better in the post-season but I don't think that is good enough for him to overcome Rose's entire body of work especially since Rose had a great series against Atlanta too. Simply put? Rose's regular season was significantly better than Durant's regular season while Durant's post-season performances was better but not enough to overcome Rose's regular season body of work. Durant was the favorite coming in to win the '10-'11 MVP too so you could very well say that Durant underachieved the expectations he was given while Rose certainly overachieved his.

Honorable Mention: Kevin Durant.

Note - if we were to just rank the top 5 players in the NBA, and not specifically the '10-'11 season, Rose would fall out of the top 6 and both Chris Paul and Kevin Durant would be ranked ahead of him.

Funny thing is is that this was my ranking as well on June 15

by JordansBulls on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:56 pm

With Dirk's performance in the playoffs and finals and upsetting teams that were the prohibitive favorites and being the only allstar on his team, I can't see how he isn't #1 right now.

Top 5 as of now.

1. Dirk
2. Wade
3. Lebron
4. Dwight
5. Rose

Chill_Will_24
10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
True but ur obviously Melo biased no matter how much u try n mask it: He was alright until he spurned the Nets 4 the knicks

This is always the less intelligent Knicks fans' cop out when debating with a Nets fan. I was a big advocate for the trade because Melo was the ONLY star that was available and the Nets needed a high profile player for the Brooklyn move; NOT because Melo is some uber talent that i absolutely wanted in my squad. Had i known that Deron Williams was available thats who i would have wanted the Nets to trade for, and dont try and deny thats who you would have wanted also. The Knicks got played into putting Melo in this high pedestal and overpaying for him. In fact the only way the Knicks save face on that trade is by landing CP3 (possible) who is better than both Melo and Amare together, or by becoming contenders with Melo and Amare next year (laughable).

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-02-2011, 11:20 AM
1. LeBron
2. Dwight
3. Dirk
4. Wade
5. CP3

KnicksorBust
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Funny thing is is that this was my ranking as well on June 15

Now we KNOW he's an idiot.

:p j/k.

Raph12
10-02-2011, 08:14 PM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. CP3
5. Durant
6. Dirk
7. Kobe
8. Rose
9. Pau
10. Melo/Stat

KnicksorBust
10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. CP3
5. Durant
6. Dirk
7. Kobe
8. Rose
9. Pau
10. Melo/Stat

Dirk 6th? Just trying to start an argument huh?

Stunner
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Why is Chris Paul 4TH?

MagicBucsSox
10-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Speak , men talk, not faces like teenage girl

Ovratd1up
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Regular Season:
Dwight, Rose, Lebron, Dirk, and Wade
Mentioned with Honor: Durant

Playoffs:
Dirk, CP3, Durant, Dwight, and Lebron
Mentioned with Honor: Wade

Overall, the top 5 would be along the lines of:
Dwight, Lebron, Dirk, Rose, and Wade/Durant for the fifth spot.

juno10
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
^no dwight for regular season had a better season than all those guys individually.

knightstemplar
10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
wade>lebron

he doesnt get outscored by bench players in the Finals

knightstemplar
10-02-2011, 09:35 PM
anyone over dwight but lebron is a jokey joke. wade never carried a team and dirk always had a team

TmacBryant
10-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Being a fan of the Heat and Dwyane Wade being my favorite player in the league and Lebron being one of my least favorite star players Im going to try and put any bias-ness aside.

1. Lebron James-Dominated the season and was statistically better than everyone else night in and night out. Accompanied by his great post season despite his abysmal performance in the finals he still has the top spot on my list.

2. Dwight Howard- Anchor of the Magic defense and not many players if any have the same impact as him on the defensive end.

3. Dwayne Wade- An elite player on both ends of the court, only a handful of players impact the game like him on both ends of the floor in so many different ways. Had a great season and a great post season including another one of his great final performances (spoiled by the mavs and lebron)

4. Dirk Nowitzki- He gets the job done. Doesnt play with any other "superstars" and still competes at the highest level. Won the Finals and Finals MVP, that itself should say enough.

5. Derrick Rose- Not a big fan of Rose but its hard to argue that he wasn't a top 5 player last year. He won the MVP and led a team that not much people had much faith in besides bulls fans.

Honorable Mention- Durant couldve easily replaced Rose for the 5th spot, Kobe should also get some recognition even though his game has regressed slightly.

you got a solid top 5 but...

I still think Kobe will surprise a lot of people this year. I think next season will be Kobe's last year where he will dominate, or if he doesn't dominate he will at least be better than his performance last year with all those injuries.

naps
10-03-2011, 02:27 AM
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Dwight
4. CP3
5. Durant

I have no doubt in my mind about my top 5.

Longhornfan1234
10-03-2011, 03:45 AM
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Howard
4. Dirk
5. Kobe
6. Rose
7. KD
8. CP3
9. Derron Williams
10. Melo

UPRock
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Kobe Bryant

Slimsim
10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
rose should be number 1 he is the mvp

Rose
Dwight
Lebron
Dirk
Wade

Hawkeye15
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. CP3
5. Durant
6. Dirk
7. Kobe
8. Rose
9. Pau
10. Melo/Stat

bingo. Anyone who doesn't say LeBron at this point has the memory of a goldfish honestly, and is basing their opinions on one series of 6 games, and ignoring 90 others.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2011, 04:39 PM
you got a solid top 5 but...

I still think Kobe will surprise a lot of people this year. I think next season will be Kobe's last year where he will dominate, or if he doesn't dominate he will at least be better than his performance last year with all those injuries.

his finger is un-fixable, he has over 1400 games on his knees, and deep playoff runs for 12 seasons. At some point, we need to accept he has a ton of wear and tear, and its not just injuries at this point. Kobe's decline has begun. Still a top 10 player next season? Oh for sure. Top 3-4? Those days are probably over.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Dirk 6th? Just trying to start an argument huh?

unless you are putting a lot of extra weight into 16 games of basketball than all 100 combined. I can accept Dirk as high as 4th honestly, but no way he is better than LeBron/Dwight/Wade.

Slimsim
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
bingo. Anyone who doesn't say LeBron at this point has the memory of a goldfish honestly, and is basing their opinions on one series of 6 games, and ignoring 90 others.

I like how people try to down play Lebron game 6 performance in the NBA finals like just some other game.

mightybosstone
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
These "top" threads are getting out of hand. We've already done a top 10 current players. This is essentially the same thing, and I see no reason to rehash the exact same discussion over and over again. Come up with something new...

Jtatstarranch
10-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Dirk is the best and that's all that matters.

Soxsnation4life
10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't believe just because their team won the championship they should be the best player. Dirk is not the best in the NBA. basketball is a team game

naps
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
1. LeBon
2. Wade
3. Dwight
4. CP3
5. Durant

I have zero doubt about my top 5.

Jtatstarranch
10-05-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't believe just because their team won the championship they should be the best player. Dirk is not the best in the NBA. basketball is a team game

Would you believe that way if some other team won?

Jtatstarranch
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
1. LeBon
2. Wade
3. Dwight
4. CP3
5. Durant

I have zero doubt about my top 5.

your top two GOT BEAT in the Finals...

naps
10-05-2011, 06:35 PM
your top two GOT BEAT in the Finals...

Yea, two bad games doesn't negate 90+ games of clear supremacy.

PinnacleFlash
10-11-2011, 05:09 AM
I like how people try to down play Lebron game 6 performance in the NBA finals like just some other game.

LeBron can do no wrong to some people, pathetic really, but hey what can you do?

Andrew32
10-11-2011, 05:17 AM
I agree, its a team game so just having the best player certainly doesn't guarantee you'll win anything.

2011 Playoffs
1. Wade
2. Lebron
3. Dirk

2011 Finals
1.Wade
2.Dirk
3.Lebron

Teeboy1487
10-11-2011, 05:31 AM
1. Kobe
2. Dirk
3. Lebron
4. Wade
5. Dwight
6. Rose

Marlin234
10-11-2011, 04:20 PM
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Bosh
4. Haslem
5. Chalmers

/closethread =D

amos1er
10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Depends if your talking about the regular season or including the playoffs. If you include the playoffs than Dirk should be #1 for sure because he was the only true champion and did show up in crunch time. I would put Wade over Lebron because he was the best player on the Heat when it counted. Sure Lebron put up some meaningless stats in the regular season, but Wade carried them when it counted. Here is my list:

Regular Season:

1. Lebron - put up the best meaningless stats of all and his all-star studded team did make the #2 seed, but in the pathetic east
2. Dwight - the guy is a beast...nuff said
3. Wade - took a back seat to Lebron for the good of the team. Could have been the best player on his team if he wasn't trying to massage Lebrons ego.
4. Dirk - Had a great run and carried a good yet not great team to a 3 seed in the extremely difficult western conference.
5. Kobe - Rose was statistically weaker and played in a much weaker conference...sorry to all you Rose nuthuggers. His MVP was a joke.

Playoffs:

1. Dirk - Champion, finals MVP, best player in the clutch...nuff said :D
2. Wade - best player in the Heat when it counted...made it to the finals
3. Lebron - Made it to the finals and did have a few clutch moments in the Boston series, but was outdone by his own teammate Wade and Dirk completely owned him and showed him the true meaning of clutch.
4. Rose - His inexperience showed when it truly mattered in the ECF, but he did make it to the ECF...but did not have to play against good teams...I'll still give him the nod over Durant though even though a good argument could be made for Durant to be at number four instead.
5. Durant - Made it to the WCF and was the best player on his team, but Westbrook did look to be more clutch at times and bailed the team out more than Durant during the very competitive Memphis series. I'll give Durant the nod due to star power.

amos1er
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM

lol, and Lebrons team was much better than Dirks. What does that make Lebron? Dirk was the best player on a weaker team than Lebron and GOT THE JOB DONE! Lebron was the second best player on a team that underachieved when it counted...and had HCA. :facepalm:

juno10
10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
lol, and Lebrons team was much better than Dirks. What does that make Lebron? Dirk was the best player on a weaker team than Lebron and GOT THE JOB DONE! Lebron was the second best player on a team that underachieved when it counted...and had HCA. :facepalm:

what makes you think dallas is a weaker team miami just won one more game than them in a weaker confrence plus dallas swept them in the regular season. or are you one of those guys that think omgzzz wade brawn samee team they already won!!!

amos1er
10-11-2011, 05:36 PM
what makes you think dallas is a weaker team miami just won one more game than them in a weaker confrence plus dallas swept them in the regular season. or are you one of those guys that think omgzzz wade brawn samee team they already won!!!

Wow...if you really think that Dallas had the better team than you really don't know crap about basketball. LMAO

Miami has 2 players in the top five and Bosh is easily in the top 20. They also had some pretty decent supporting players.

Dirk is considered by most to be a top ten player, but where is is supporting cast? my guess is that you will not find one that is considered to be in the top 50. When the Lakers won three titles in a row in the early 2000's, Kobe and Shaq were in the top five for sure, but did not have a Chris Bosh or any players in the top 50 as well...the difference is that they got the ****ing job done and didn't choke like Lebron did and let his team down.

Miami also chocked with home court advantage

JordansBulls
10-11-2011, 05:37 PM

Dallas

57-25,
Coach: Rick Carlisle (57-25)

PTS/G: 100.2 (11th of 30) ? Opp PTS/G: 96.0 (10th of 30)
SRS: 4.41 (8th of 30) ? Pace: 91.3 (18th of 30)
Off Rtg: 109.7 (8th of 30) ? Def Rtg: 105.0 (8th of 30)
Expected W-L: 53-29 (8th of 30)

Miami

58-24, 1st in NBA Southeast Division (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Erik Spoelstra (58-24)

PTS/G: 102.1 (8th of 30) ? Opp PTS/G: 94.6 (6th of 30)
SRS: 6.76 (1st of 30) ? Pace: 90.9 (20th of 30)
Off Rtg: 111.7 (3rd of 30) ? Def Rtg: 103.5 (5th of 30)
Expected W-L: 61-21 (2nd of 30)

Miami had a higher SRS rating, Allowed Fewer PPG, Averaged more PPG, had a higher Expected W-L, had a higher Offensive and Defensive Rating and the Mavs were missing 3 players in Caron Butler, Rodrigue Beaubois and Brendan Haywood in the Finals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-heat

naps
10-11-2011, 05:40 PM

How was Dallas the weaker team? Are you out of your mind? Miami won only one more game than Dallas IIRC, and that Dallas played 8 games without Dirk. So if Dirk was available for those 8 games Dallas would have the best record overall. And more importantly Dallas won both regular season games against Miami. So yes, you are wrong!

juno10
10-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Wow...if you really think that Dallas had the better team than you really don't know crap about basketball. LMAO

Miami has 2 players in the top five and Bosh is easily in the top 20. They also had some pretty decent supporting players.

Dirk is considered by most to be a top ten player, but where is is supporting cast? my guess is that you will not find one that is considered to be in the top 50. When the Lakers won three titles in a row in the early 2000's, Kobe and Shaq were in the top five for sure, but did not have a Chris Bosh or any players in the top 50 as well...the difference is that they got the ****ing job done and didn't choke like Lebron did and let his team down.

Miami also chocked with home court advantage

calm down bro i know your obessesed with lebron but chill out.

anyways, the big threes supporting players are not decent outside of haslem and maybe chalmers.

bibby seems to forgotten how to shoot,james johnson was injured,joel anthony is a huge liability on offense,mike miller is inconsistent,eddie house is nearing dleague status,ilgauskas injured,dampier injured.

dallas even from the regualar season you could tell had too much depth and mismatch problems thats where the whole real teams > super teams came from.

marj987
10-11-2011, 05:58 PM

marj987
10-11-2011, 06:07 PM

I think you need to put the pipe down.

PinnacleFlash
10-11-2011, 07:12 PM

There was not a thing he said that was false.

amos1er
10-11-2011, 07:12 PM

If you could see past your Le "boner" you could not deny that Lebron let his team down in the finals. 15% shooting in the final 5 minutes is a choke job is I ever heard one. Dirk showed him up big time and took his ***** *** to school.

Miami Heat: 2 players in the top five, 1 player in the top 20 and a supporting cast of decent veterans...not to mention HOME COURT ADVANTAGE!!!

Dallas Mavricks: 1 player in the top ten, a supporting cast of good veteran players that compliment Dirks game well. They also were missing three players in Caron Butler, Rodrigue Beaubois and Brendan Haywood during the finals.

PinnacleFlash
10-11-2011, 07:18 PM
lol at Dallas being superior to Miami all of a sudden, I guarantee most people said Miami would sweep them or win in 5, and now all of a sudden Dallas was better all this time? LMAO.

Wade > LeBron, DEAL WITH IT.

amos1er
10-11-2011, 07:25 PM
lol at Dallas being superior to Miami all of a sudden, I guarantee most people said Miami would sweep them or win in 5, and now all of a sudden Dallas was better all this time? LMAO.

Wade > LeBron, DEAL WITH IT.

I concur. Its hilarious to see the excuses that these Lebron nutthuggers come up with all the time. They are always contradicting themselves and sounding hypocritical. In their eyes Lebron can do no wrong. Anyone with out a Le "boner" can admit that during the finals, Wade was the "go to guy" for the Heat and easily their best player as well. In fact, during the playoffs, Wade was the clutch player that the Heat turned to, that was the reason for their success. During the regular season, Lebron wanted to be "the man" and as a result, the Heat underachieved. Finally, when they realized that Wade was their guy, they started winning and were able to overcome the Celtics and the Bulls; two teams that owned them in the regular season.

juno10
10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
^ you two checking by your sigs are more obesseed with lebron than anyone on this site maybe you guys should root for own teams instead living vicriously through lebron.

amos1er
10-11-2011, 07:47 PM
^ you two checking by your sigs are more obesseed with lebron than anyone on this site maybe you guys should root for own teams instead living vicriously through lebron.

I would rather be rooting for my team believe me, but thanks to this lock out BS, I really don't have a choice.

I will admit that I do get a kick of how much these Lebron fans ride his dick no matter what. I still can't believe that they call him the "King" even though he hasn't won a ring yet.

avon_barksdale
10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
bron
dwight
dirk
wade
kobe

basketfan4life
10-12-2011, 09:53 AM

well it's good for lebron actually, people base their negative opinions about kobe on one game where he was the top scorer of the game while putting 10points in the 4th q and getting more rebounds than his opponents sg,sf,pf combined.

unless you are putting a lot of extra weight into 16 games of basketball than all 100 combined. I can accept Dirk as high as 4th honestly, but no way he is better than LeBron/Dwight/Wade.

how can you not put a lot of extra weight into those 16 games?it's the real deal.

Soxsnation4life
10-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Lebron
Dwight
Wade
Dirk
Durant

period

GhostfaceDrilla
10-12-2011, 11:08 PM
1. Dirk
2. LeBron
3. Howard
4. Wade
5. Rose

RZZZA
10-12-2011, 11:13 PM
5. Derrick Rose: His regular season numbers were good; overrated but good nonetheless. He was the "MVP", whatever that means these days. He was ok in the playoffs but the Heat showed why Rose is overrated.

All the Heat showed is that Rose can't single-handedly beat the two best basketball players in the NBA in his 3rd year in the league.