PDA

View Full Version : Ryne Sandberg

ryansuydam26
09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Does anyone see Ryne Sandberg getting a job with a major league ballteam this year?He just left the Cubs minor league system for the Phillies after last season yet there could be a few very interesting jobs out there

keymax
09-30-2011, 03:30 PM
I think he's a lock for the Cubs job. After Wrigley was half empty for parts of the season they need to bring excitement back to the fanbase after 2 dismal years. And bringing in Sandberg might be an easier and cheaper way than a big splash in FA.

lvlheaded
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I think Sandberg gets a job some where. The Cubs, White Sox, Red Sox, and Nats(depending on Davey) are all gonna be open to name a few. I think he is a lock to get the Cubs job though.

fadedmario
09-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I love Ryne Sandberg. He was my favorite player outside of my Detroit teams growing up. When the Tigers weren't on when I was a kid, I would always watch the Cubs on WGN. Mark Grace and Ryne Sandberg were great. I hope someone gives him a shot.

MJ-BULLS
09-30-2011, 04:01 PM
I think Sandberg gets a job some where. The Cubs, White Sox, Red Sox, and Nats(depending on Davey) are all gonna be open to name a few. I think he is a lock to get the Cubs job though.

No way Sandberg goes to the white sox. :eyebrow:

Only possibilities i see...is he comes to the cubs, or becomes the manager for the phills later on in the future.

ShockerArt
09-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I love Ryne Sandberg. He was my favorite player outside of my Detroit teams growing up. When the Tigers weren't on when I was a kid, I would always watch the Cubs on WGN. Mark Grace and Ryne Sandberg were great. I hope someone gives him a shot.

I always loved the Shawon-O-Meter

lvlheaded
09-30-2011, 04:22 PM
No way Sandberg goes to the white sox. :eyebrow:

Only possibilities i see...is he comes to the cubs, or becomes the manager for the phills later on in the future.

Only reason I listed them was due to the open job. Just saying there is gonna be some jobs out there and Id expect him to find one some where. Most likely the Cubs

fadedmario
09-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I always loved the Shawon-O-Meter

:clap:

justndav
09-30-2011, 05:44 PM
I think once the Cubs have their new GM in place, whoever that might be, Mike Quade will be without a job and I would expect Ryno to be named the new manager of the Cubs. If the Cubs don't give him a shot as manager I wonder if he would accept the bench coach position for the new manager but I doubt it.

Speaking of the days of the Shawon-o-meter, I remember in one of those games on WGN in the 80s Harry Caray said "we finally get to see Marla Collins without shorts for the first time" classic line. Or the other time when the camera was focused on a young couple and he said "awww isn't that cute he kisses her on the strikes and she kisses him on the balls". Great lines.