PDA

View Full Version : Big Z retires

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
link (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-09-30/zydrunas-ilgauskas-to-retire-cleveland-cavaliers-cavs-miami-heat)

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 02:05 PM
he retired 3 years ago, he just didn't know it

Hellcrooner
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
sad , one of the best euros ever in the league.

theheatles
09-30-2011, 02:20 PM
good, i was so mad when he said he wants to come back after he said during the year that 2010-2011 was his last season

CeeDub15
09-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, its prolly the best to do for him. IDK why he played another year last year.

IndiansFan337
09-30-2011, 02:26 PM
good, i was so mad when he said he wants to come back after he said during the year that 2010-2011 was his last season

I don't think he was truly going to come back. Agents often have their players pick up a player option in order to secure a buyout for their player (and their own commission). I believe that was the strategy behind him exercising his player option before the lockout officially began, even after already saying that he planned to retire.

The goods
09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
The heat are gonna suffer now lol but seriously he was always good and had a consistant shot and good post moves.
Enjoy the rest of your life big Z

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-30-2011, 02:52 PM
I like big Z . Even at his worst he's prob the third or fourth best big on the Heat roster. Glad he got to play after suffering thru so many foot injuries

Brooklyn Mets
09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
saw that coming.. all around good nba player.. i was never a fan of the cavs but i always liked big z

85BearsDefense
09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I thought this was Cubs Big Z and i started jumping for joy... then the thread loaded and i was disappointed

MackShock
09-30-2011, 03:22 PM
finally..he can stop shaving his head to hide his hairline

Chacarron
09-30-2011, 03:33 PM
he retired 3 years ago, he just didn't know it

:rimshot:

eugene
09-30-2011, 03:37 PM
injuries ruined this guy's career... he was really promissing during his first days in the nba... would have done much more on the court if stayed healthy

Ezio
09-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I thought this was Cubs Big Z and i started jumping for joy... then the thread loaded and i was disappointed

This. Title should be renamed.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Big Z was a pathetic player.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-30-2011, 03:59 PM

Lol... :rolleyes:

JasonJohnHorn
09-30-2011, 04:00 PM
This reminds me of Karl Malone playing all his seasons in one city, then wearing a new one for his final season to chase after a ring and fail. Though Big Z had more of a right to do it in my mind because the Cavs traded him. Still... I would like to have seen him retire in a Cavs jersey and WITH a championship ring.

mttwlsn16
09-30-2011, 04:24 PM
I thought this was Cubs Big Z

:laugh2: so did i

MrfadeawayJB
09-30-2011, 05:03 PM
they should call him big zzzzzz cause every time he was on the court he was sleep walking

Tanakid777
09-30-2011, 05:29 PM

they should call him big zzzzzz cause every time he was on the court he was sleep walking

You two must be 12 years old

NBA_Starter
09-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the Memories Big Z

LA_Raiders
09-30-2011, 05:37 PM
About time. He can thank LeBroom from not helping him win a ring...

netsgiantsyanks
09-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Big Z was a pathetic player when he played for the heat.

fixed

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 05:54 PM
lol at people praising this human condom.

Bruno
09-30-2011, 06:03 PM

When did you start watching him? Last season?

SteBO
09-30-2011, 06:17 PM

lol at people praising this human condom.
Great contribution as usual. I guess you haven't watched him play much because he was alright when he played for us. Remained a professional despite not getting consistent minutes, and if we're speaking on a career standpoint, he was a fantastic player in his prime.

Enjoy yourself Z, you had a great career despite your foot injuries.

smith&wesson
09-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I was never a big fan

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Great contribution as usual. I guess you haven't watched him play much because he was alright when he played for us. Remained a professional despite not getting consistent minutes, and if we're speaking on a career standpoint, he was a fantastic player in his prime.

Enjoy yourself Z, you had a great career despite your foot injuries.

Fantastic? :facepalm:

Z has been pathetic for the past 5 years. I saw this guy get dominated when Dwight Howard had no post moves in the 2009 ECF. I saw him miss every open jump shot that LeBron set him up in the playoffs. This guy is the reason why the Cavs never won.

I guess I'll appreciate the fact that he made LeBron never win.

SteBO
09-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Fantastic? :facepalm:

Z has been pathetic for the past 5 years. I saw this guy get dominated when Dwight Howard had no post moves in the 2009 ECF. I saw him miss every open jump shot that LeBron set him up in the playoffs. This guy is the reason why the Cavs never won.

I guess I'll appreciate the fact that he made LeBron never win.
Yeah, read my post again and you'll find that I said, "in his prime" he was a fantastic player. His prime wasn't 5 years ago dude, hate to break to you. Don't know how Z was the reason the Cavs couldn't win it all, but I won't bother asking how you came to that conclusion.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah, read my post again and you'll find that I said, "in his prime" he was a fantastic player. His prime wasn't 5 years ago dude, hate to break to you. Don't know how Z was the reason the Cavs couldn't win it all, but I won't bother asking how you came to that conclusion.

Define fantastic for me. You must use that word loosely. Is Joel Anthony fantastic too?

Punk
09-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Lol at the ignorance.

Z wasn't anything great but considering his size and shooting touch, he still was a problem to guard. I'm happy he rebounded from those foot injuries and made a career out of himself.

Hopefully Oden can do the same.

Bruno
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Lol at the ignorance.

x2. Younger fans would rather bolster petty points at the expense of a recently retired player than pay their respect. It sucks, but that's the reality of teenage internet trash-talk.

KingPosey
09-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah, its prolly the best to do for him. IDK why he played another year last year.

to go to Miami to try and piggy back a ring.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Define fantastic for me. You must use that word loosely. Is Joel Anthony fantastic too?

dude, how old are you? I read your posts on this site, and this is a serious question.

Big Z was top 10 in offensive rebounds 7 seasons, 1st once, and is 41st all time. He is a 2 time all star. Top 40 all time in blocks. He was a good defender, floor stretcher, offensive rebounder, and was one of the best centers in the league for nearly 7 years.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 08:13 PM
and was one of the best centers in the league for nearly 7 years.
I'm sure that holds weight with the Centers we have had this decade. :rolleyes:

Z is garbage, he is loyal and that's it. He is a garbage player and one of the biggest reasons why LeBron never got anywhere.

MrfadeawayJB
09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
You two must be 12 years old

no but i was referring to last season :rolleyes:

magic0320
09-30-2011, 08:16 PM

Z is garbage, he is loyal and that's it. He is a garbage player and one of the biggest reasons why LeBron never got anywhere.

haha I am sure Z is doing a lot better than you trash ***, who make what nothing and have not accomplished anything in your life haha. You sure act like 11 years old but I bet you are like what 50 years old who live in your parent basement like living trash hahaha

SteBO
09-30-2011, 08:32 PM

It's become a complete waste of time debating with you on this. You have no statistical backup to support your claims and when you get questioned you revert to silly hypotheticals and insult others at every turn. Yet here I am, trying to get an answer that actually has some value out of you. Shame on me.....

Bruno
09-30-2011, 08:39 PM
PinnacleFlash, you need to check yourself. You've practically ruined yet another good thread. Nobody wants to read your negativity 24/7. If you don't like Big Z, great. Don't post in his tribute thread.

KingPosey
09-30-2011, 08:48 PM
haha I am sure Z is doing a lot better than you trash ***, who make what nothing and have not accomplished anything in your life haha. You sure act like 11 years old but I bet you are like what 50 years old who live in your parent basement like living trash hahaha

GREAT trash talk. This would make you even better:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

http://www.whitesmoke.com/how-to-write-a-complete-sentence

http://www.spellchecker.net/grammar/

You're good, but with my help, you could be the best.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Good point Z is actually legend, after all he has the same amount of rings as LeBron does.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 09:26 PM

instead of throwing down your opinion as gospel, try and formulate an argument for your claims. Your sole argument is prime Z, with garbage, couldn't get an 18-19 year old LeBron over the hump? Hmmm

Again, I am interested in how old you are.

northsider
09-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Mother ****er man I thought that this was Zambrano when I first read it and I was about to start jumping for joy on the 18 million the Cubs would save.

Oh well Farewell other big Z.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 09:36 PM
instead of throwing down your opinion as gospel, try and formulate an argument for your claims. Your sole argument is prime Z, with garbage, couldn't get an 18-19 year old LeBron over the hump? Hmmm

Again, I am interested in how old you are.
What about from 07-10? I blame Z entirely for the '09 failure. He is the reason why LeBron failed in his peak, yes LeBron has already peaked and is already past his prime.

naps
09-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Good for the Heat. Big-Z finally realized they don't need him. Smart man doesn't wanna stay as a burden.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
What about from 07-10? I blame Z entirely for the '09 failure. He is the reason why LeBron failed in his peak, yes LeBron has already peaked and is already past his prime.

so we should evaluate a player on the twilight of their careers, and completely ignore their multiple prime years? Interesting...

Btw, the reason LeBron never won a ring in Cleveland is because its a completely inept franchise that couldn't surround him with anything but has beens (cough, Z at the time), or cast offs.

Again, make a case outside your pathetic notion that Big Z sucks because Bron didn't win a ring with him in his decline years. I would hold my breath, but I wouldn't make it long...

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 10:18 PM
LeBron James had HCA in '09 and '10 in Cleveland and he lost and he was the favorite in both. LeBron also had HCA in '11 and he lost. This has to be a record. Losing three straight post-season with HCA. Then again....it is LeBron.

RevisIsland
09-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Class act, but he couldn't play anymore. He had a solid career, I wish him the best.

Mishmin
09-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Big Z can sit at my table.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2011, 12:41 AM
LeBron James had HCA in '09 and '10 in Cleveland and he lost and he was the favorite in both. LeBron also had HCA in '11 and he lost. This has to be a record. Losing three straight post-season with HCA. Then again....it is LeBron.

ahhhhh, so after all this time, you are simply a Bron hater.

My b. I should have picked up on it sooner

LakersMaster24
10-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Good point Z is actually legend, after all he has the same amount of rings as LeBron does.

Can you please STFU with your ignorant comments? You sound like a ****ing 10 year old. Go back to watching SpongeBob.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Lets appreciate a guy who couldn't play defense, rebound, was soft, and choked in the post-season, HELL YEAH!!!!!

LakersMaster24
10-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Lets appreciate a guy who couldn't play defense, rebound, was soft, and choked in the post-season, HELL YEAH!!!!!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ilgauzy01.html

Look at his stats, and stop being so ignorant. :facepalm:

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:09 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ilgauzy01.html

Look at his stats, and stop being so ignorant. :facepalm:

Good point, lock to the HOF IMO. :rolleyes:

C_Mund
10-01-2011, 03:54 AM

I check this site every day but rarely post. I've never seen your posts before but this could have been one of the worst threads because of your input. I almost feel like an idiot by trying to talk sense in to you but please don't hate on somebody because they're not in the NBA's top-50 all time. If BigZ in his prime were on the Heat right now then the Finals may have had a different outcome.
Peace, big man. Real fans of the game of Basketball feel your contribution.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-01-2011, 03:57 AM

Are you cavs or heat fan?:confused: