PDA

View Full Version : Your Team Prediction for Players if Cut in the Amnesty Clause 2.0

ewmania
09-30-2011, 01:18 PM
well nobody is fully sure if this amnesty clause will take place and no one is sure about which players would be cut if a deal is finalized... (even though we have a 90% guess)

what overpaid players do you think will get cut and what team do you think they would go to for a vet min

my first guess is Portland, Brandon Roy... sadly due to his problem I think he has the biggest contract with no trade value so Portland will rid of him

If so i see him going to Chicago for a vet min.. he's someone chicago needs and chicago is a team he basically needs.. a team where he doesn't get the most attention and it will also allow korver to play roleplayer minutes and also give roy's knee's some rest... Plus chicago is also a contender and he can leave from the brutal west

my second guess is Miami, Mike Miller the big 3 isnt going anywhere and chalmers is young with trade value and everyone else contract isn't really a bother so I see him taking the fall

If so I see him going to OKC.. best possible answer for him since its a contending team and he can be the starting 2 guard. Plus its a big difference since Miami really rely'd on him being the only real pure shooter on the team... in OKC kevin durant is also a pure shooter plus scorer so his touches will be limited which would be a good thing. Plus OKC has more of a better offensive system than MIA so i believe Miller game will look a whole lot better there since he's more of a offensive than defensive player

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Sixers- Elton Brand. And a pretty decent player hits the open market.

The obvious- Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis, Richard Hamilton, Antwan Jamison, and Baron Davis

Sadds The Gr8
09-30-2011, 01:31 PM
probably Calderon for us.

llemon
09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Sixers- Elton Brand. And a pretty decent player hits the open market.

The obvious- Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis, Richard Hamilton, Antwan Jamison, and Baron Davis

One per team, so Baron over 'Tawn to get cut.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 01:35 PM
One per team, so Baron over 'Tawn to get cut.

ah true. And yes, Baron would be gone to make room for Irving's minutes and Sessions as the backup.

God, looking thru the league payrolls, there are so many ridiculous deals. I would guess you guys would ditch Outlaw

juno10
linas kleiza

DoMeFavors
i wonder who will be picking up Travis Outlaw?

Pierzynski4Prez
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
The more I think about this clause, and the types of players who will be Free Agents, and the amount of teams who will have just enough cap space to sign the top guys for still minimal salaries (since they still get paid for original contract), the more I think its going to be worse for the NBA.

Guys like Arenas, Brand, Roy, Baron, Lewis, etc. No these guys aren't great, but they're all going to be signing with the top teams just making those guys even deeper and the bottom feeders possibly worse off.

DoMeFavors
09-30-2011, 01:41 PM
The more I think about this clause, and the types of players who will be Free Agents, and the amount of teams who will have just enough cap space to sign the top guys for still minimal salaries (since they still get paid for original contract), the more I think its going to be worse for the NBA.

Guys like Arenas, Brand, Roy, Baron, Lewis, etc. No these guys aren't great, but they're all going to be signing with the top teams just making those guys even deeper and the bottom feeders possibly worse off.

I think Brand signs with Spurs

ewmania
09-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I think Brand signs with Spurs

i think any top team that signs roy have a good 95% chance of making it to the finals

small market OKC, or big market bulls and dallas... dont really matter

Pierzynski4Prez
09-30-2011, 01:46 PM
i think any top team that signs roy have a good 95% chance of making it to the finals

small market OKC, or big market bulls and dallas... dont really matter

If all it took was to offer a minimum contract I would **** myself if the bulls got him. This clause just makes it too easy though. For a minimum contract I would tell Roy not even to suit up until 50-60 games into the season.

DoMeFavors
I dont know if Celtics will use it on Jermaine they dont have a center right now.

Hawkeye15

as I stated eariler, NEVER underestimate the power of money. Many think athletes play a sport to win championships. Money comes over winning for most of them.

xnick5757
09-30-2011, 01:48 PM
boston celtics - KG if they can't trade him

beasted86
09-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I doubt the Heat cut Mike Miller.

He is still the exact type of shooter that would thrive with the team once healthy. Quality rebounder, friends with Haslem, LeBron, and others...

I see Joel Anthony as the man out if we can get another Center.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-30-2011, 01:58 PM
as I stated eariler, NEVER underestimate the power of money. Many think athletes play a sport to win championships. Money comes over winning for most of them.

I do agree with that. Not saying these guys would or wouldn't go for the money, but most of these guys cut will be because of their outrageous contracts, the 120+ mil to rashard and arenas. Brand's contract, Roys huge one. They are still getting paid those contracts over the same duration.

llemon
09-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Last amnesty clause, waived players that signed with new teams had to kick back some of their salary to the team that waived them.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I do agree with that. Not saying these guys would or wouldn't go for the money, but most of these guys cut will be because of their outrageous contracts, the 120+ mil to rashard and arenas. Brand's contract, Roys huge one. They are still getting paid those contracts over the same duration.

sure, but for every Lewis, there are 2 Darko's, and they will be looking for money. That is my only point I guess. Not everyone will run to contenders. Money is more important than winning to most athletes.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Last amnesty clause, waived players that signed with new teams had to kick back some of their salary to the team that waived them.

right, as it should.

llemon
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
right, as it should.

But, as it limits the amount they can actually make on a new contract, this should lead more of the waivees to want to sign with contenders.

DoMeFavors
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
If there is amnesty the free agency pool this year is filled with a lot of good players, next season a lot of teams will look different.

crewfan13
09-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Can amnesty players resign with the same team?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-30-2011, 02:12 PM
i wonder who will be picking up Travis Outlaw?

his girlfriend

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM

lol:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
But, as it limits the amount they can actually make on a new contract, this should lead more of the waivees to want to sign with contenders.

well, we don't know if they will have that clause in there or not.

30 players will get released. There are around 5-6 contenders.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 02:17 PM

no way they allow that

Hellcrooner
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
walton or artest 50-50
i guess calderon.

will the grizz have the brains to relese gay?

llemon
09-30-2011, 02:20 PM

Contenders are not limited to signing one waivee.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 02:30 PM

of course not, but contenders are usually at the top of their cap space. Obviously this won't exactly deter some from going over, but it will limit it.

And lets be honest. How many real difference makers will end up on the market from the amnesty cuts? I mean Lewis is fine and all, but he isn't going to push a team over the hump.

Really, as I said, I am not in favor of the amnesty clause. It rewards front office mistakes.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-30-2011, 02:30 PM
walton or artest 50-50
i guess calderon.

will the grizz have the brains to relese gay?

why the hell they would release gay?:confused:

Hellcrooner
09-30-2011, 02:32 PM
why the hell they would release gay?:confused:

to resign both mayo and marc gasol.

last seasons specially in playoffs showed them they need gay for NOTHING,
memphis is not rich, if a hard luxury tax thing is aproved they CANT keep conley+gay+randolph and offer a fat contract to marc gasol

justinnum1
Heat have the chance to add

davis, lewis, and haywood for the min :)

-Kobe24-TJ19-

I hope the rule would be that you cant sign a released player with the vet min.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-30-2011, 02:34 PM

memphis is not rich, if a hard luxury tax thing is aproved they CANT keep conley+gay+randolph and offer a fat contract to marc gasol

mayo sucks dear lord

llemon
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM

That would make it more interesting, especially as they are talking about fiddling with the MLE.

ewmania
09-30-2011, 02:46 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

now why would they give up a stud like gay just to resign marc gasol and mayo... mayo a streaky shooter and marc who can barely rebound

gay improves every year and he's proving to be a clutch performer. skies the limit for gay and for mayo the limit might be the sky

ewmania
09-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Heat have the chance to add

davis, lewis, and haywood for the min :)

baron davis would be a great move for the heat... i sure hope knicks swoop haywood before heat does... we both are in need of a 5

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 02:59 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

now why would they give up a stud like gay just to resign marc gasol and mayo... mayo a streaky shooter and marc who can barely rebound

gay improves every year and he's proving to be a clutch performer. skies the limit for gay and for mayo the limit might be the sky

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gayru01.html

Gay hasn't improved in a while really. Certain facets have improved slightly, but Gay is what he is. An above average SF who likes to shoot.

I am not advocating that they should waive him, but I don't get why people still think he is a future superstar

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-30-2011, 02:59 PM

No way. A good stretch doesn't replace star power in the long run. if any1 goes it's Mayo. Gay is easily top 10 @ his position

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-30-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gayru01.html

Gay hasn't improved in a while really. Certain facets have improved slightly, but Gay is what he is. An above average SF who likes to shoot.

I am not advocating that they should waive him, but I don't get why people still think he is a future superstar

He look great last year b4 the injury.

sep11ie
09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
mayo sucks dear lord

Oh how grammar could changes that...

Shmontaine
09-30-2011, 03:07 PM
i would love to see the bulls use it on boozer, but i doubt they will...

Stack_NJNets
09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
I have a bad feeling Avery will have Petro waived instead of Outlawl.

MJ-BULLS
09-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Roy on the Bulls? I wouldn't be opposed to it, but if he's healthy enough to play and be productive, ok.

Stack_NJNets
09-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I'd like to see Baron go to Miami or Orlando. Maybe even LA.

DoMeFavors
09-30-2011, 03:40 PM

I could see the Lakers since he is from there.

lvlheaded
09-30-2011, 03:55 PM
The Knicks it will be Renaldo Balkman. If Roy gets cut I would love the Knicks to take a flyer on him. But Im pretty sure they arent gonna spend money this offseason.

Hellcrooner
09-30-2011, 03:57 PM
i wonder what the hawks will do with Joe Johnson.
I mean, his contract is atrotius both on wealth and time but at the same time, losing your franchise player for NOTHING......

Shmontaine
09-30-2011, 04:01 PM
i wonder what the hawks will do with Joe Johnson.
I mean, his contract is atrotius both on wealth and time but at the same time, losing your franchise player for NOTHING......

IF they amnesty JJ, he will be a bull... no question IMO...

i heard he wanted to come to chicago before he was offered that contract...

ewmania
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
man just imagine JJ coming to the knicks if that amnesty thing happens...

billups
joe johnson
melo
amare
???

plus he wont be our main scorer which is a good role for him, just someone to get rid of the attention off amare and melo

Sactown
09-30-2011, 04:27 PM
It'll be interesting to see how many teams are willing to double spend..

Lo Porto
09-30-2011, 04:31 PM

I agree. If a bunch of players are released and can only be signed for the minimum since they'd have to pay a team back if they more than that, then that's only going to push them towards contenders at least for a year. It doesn't solve the even playing field issue at all.

CeeDub15
09-30-2011, 04:33 PM

I think he would be a solid pickup for Miami or LA.

Shmontaine
09-30-2011, 04:49 PM
question: is this amnesty an 'all at once' type of a thing, or will it be a 3 day process, or what will it be?

i ask this because if JJ is amnestied by the hawks, i think the bulls should go after him and amnesty Korver or somebody on the bench, rather than on Boozer...

llemon
09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
question: is this amnesty an 'all at once' type of a thing, or will it be a 3 day process, or what will it be?

i ask this because if JJ is amnestied by the hawks, i think the bulls should go after him and amnesty Korver or somebody on the bench, rather than on Boozer...

The way it is handled could be done in a number of ways.

What I'm suggesting is not meant to break your chops, but use your imagination, then figure there are a few more options than you imagined.

Rocco Gandolfo
09-30-2011, 05:00 PM

There are more than that if this goes through. In the East, Miami, Orlando, Boston, New York and Chicago would all greatly benefit from this. Imagine Chicago adding a player from this pool that makes them a solid contender, What if Orlando added someone, or the Knicks, both would instantly be major contenders.
In the West, there are another 5-6 teams that could cash in. The question is what teams do the players WANT to go to. Los Angeles,Miami, New York and Chicago top that list.

shep33
09-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I hate the amnesty thing if it happens. I say teams should be penalized (cap-wise) for their atrocious signings. I've read a bunch of different versions of what the amnesty would be, but really it benefits contenders more than anyone. I'm a Laker fan, and the amnesty would be awesome for us, but I think its unfair, teams should own up to their mistakes, because a billionaire owner won't mind buying someone out to make their team better.

llemon
09-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I hate the amnesty thing if it happens. I say teams should be penalized (cap-wise) for their atrocious signings. I've read a bunch of different versions of what the amnesty would be, but really it benefits contenders more than anyone. I'm a Laker fan, and the amnesty would be awesome for us, but I think its unfair, teams should own up to their mistakes, because a billionaire owner won't mind buying someone out to make their team better.

Someone suggested that the amnesty players could not be signed with the Vets Min, which would be a good start.

jacobwilson222
09-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Utah Jazz - I say we would Let go Mehmet Okur due to a log jam of bigs, coming off a season of injury and it would free up over 10 million dollars. The down side is he wouldnt be there as a mentor for Kanter, being from Turkey as well.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 05:31 PM
There are more than that if this goes through. In the East, Miami, Orlando, Boston, New York and Chicago would all greatly benefit from this. Imagine Chicago adding a player from this pool that makes them a solid contender, What if Orlando added someone, or the Knicks, both would instantly be major contenders.
In the West, there are another 5-6 teams that could cash in. The question is what teams do the players WANT to go to. Los Angeles,Miami, New York and Chicago top that list.

I just don't think the players hitting the market will be all that good. Sure you will get Lewis, who used to be good, and maybe Brand or Davis, who can be alright, but you will be flooded with Darko, Outlaw, Calderon, Jamison, and a bunch of other players who are nothing but possible role players on good teams.

Many get all big eyed over thinking their team is going to sign Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson. These types won't be waived.

Heediot
09-30-2011, 05:58 PM

Is the clause a one time thing, annual, bi-annual or what?

Cal827
09-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Kleiza (Toronto)

beasted86
09-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Someone suggested that the amnesty players could not be signed with the Vets Min, which would be a good start.

Players won't agree to that in the deal. Only thing possible I could see is them extending the waiver wire length. Instead of three days they might extend it to maybe a month... or the December 15th date like done on new signee trade limits.

Knicks21
09-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Balkman is the only one i can think of for the Knicks.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Balkman is the only one i can think of for the Knicks.

yeah, the Knicks are probably a team that wouldn't even use it honestly.

llemon
09-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Players won't agree to that in the deal. Only thing possible I could see is them extending the waiver wire length. Instead of three days they might extend it to maybe a month... or the December 15th date like done on new signee trade limits.

You might be right. But maybe not.

beasted86
10-01-2011, 12:02 AM
You might be right. But maybe not.

Think about it, there are a lot of players where their value is now the minimum.

I doubt if the Rockets amnesty Brad Miller, he can get more than the minimum from a team, and surely no contender would sign him for more than the minimum. It would just be looked at by the players as another attempt at controlling player movement in free agency. If Miller or others like him want to go to a contender for the minimum, they should have that ability.

llemon
10-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Think about it, there are a lot of players where their value is now the minimum.

I doubt if the Rockets amnesty Brad Miller, he can get more than the minimum from a team, and surely no contender would sign him for more than the minimum. It would just be looked at by the players as another attempt at controlling player movement in free agency. If Miller or others like him want to go to a contender for the minimum, they should have that ability.

Again, anything could happen. I'm not ready to concede anything to either side.

When the deal is done, then we'll know.

John Walls Era
10-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Bye Bye Rashard.

I wonder who the magic keep: Arenas or Hedo.

Sadds The Gr8
10-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Bye Bye Rashard.

Prolly Hedo since they have Jameer as their PG. And his contract is even worse than Turkoshit

Sactown
10-01-2011, 02:11 AM
The Maloofs are to cheap to pay anyone more than minimum wage so we won't be using it..

llemon
10-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Bye Bye Rashard.

I think Magic release Arenas, and Hedo goes in the Dwight Howard trade.

gilly
10-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd hope the Sixers would amnesty Brand but he isn't actually doing too badly, he's just hugely overpaid. Could just amnesty Nocioni...

THE GIPPER
10-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Hopefully Al Harrington for the nuggets.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Bye bye Luke Walton, its been real!

Also don't think the Magic would waive Agent Zero. Not only is that Otis Smiths boy but Dwight Howard has already been publicly lobbying this summer for him to have a bigger role on the team. If anybody it'd probably be Hedo, though I'd love it if it was Jameer.......