PDA

View Full Version : How much do you value winning?

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Just curious.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 04:38 AM
You mean a title?

thenetslegend
09-30-2011, 04:54 AM
the same amount as charlie sheen

TrueFan420
09-30-2011, 05:10 AM

this

heatbb
09-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Winning is everything!

JEDean89
09-30-2011, 05:16 AM
winning>losing

stawka
09-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Pretty silly question. Is this another one of your attempts to try and show that Wade is better than LeBron because he has a ring?

Supreme LA
09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Pretty silly question. Is this another one of your attempts to try and show that Wade is better than LeBron because he has a ring?

Wade is better. Lebron is just bigger and stronger. I can argue this down to the end.

juno10
09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Wade is better. Lebron is just bigger and stronger. I can argue this down to the end.

what exactly is wade better than lebron in?

thenetslegend
09-30-2011, 08:55 AM

thats like me saying luke walton is better because dwight is just bigger and stronger

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM

winning

JNA17
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Damn you Ninja!

sep11ie
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Winning is for doo doo heads.

JNA17
09-30-2011, 11:44 AM

But my dog loves doo doo. :(

sixer04fan
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Winning is important because if you don't win then you lose.

king4day
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Then Dallas is full of poo..

I sense the OP has a reason behind why this was asked. I don't care about stats. I want my team to win a ring. Even if Nash isn't part of it.

MrfadeawayJB
09-30-2011, 01:34 PM
this much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

WVNowitzki
09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Winning is the only option.

Orrrr.....you can be like Ric Flair " Win if you can, lose if you must...but always cheat!" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

COOLbeans
09-30-2011, 01:56 PM
winning is the American way. it's almost everything when it comes to competition.

CB29
09-30-2011, 01:57 PM
winning>losing

i never knew that. :speechless:

Cal827
09-30-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm guessing the OP means when looking back on one's career.... It has a big impact, but It's not exactly necessary when it comes to whether or not a player was a star in his career. There are some stars that Never won (E.g. Malone, Stockton, Barkley) but they still are HOFfers. Winning the title usually depends on your team (well except for the 2006 NBA finals when Wade basically beat the Mavs single-handedly). If winning was everything, then why isn't there any statues of Robert Horry, who won 7 championships... I also guess that Mark Madsen is better than Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Amar'e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, and Blake Griffin combined lol

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
winning

I guess Adam Morrison is better than Lebron because he's won 2 ring and Lebron is 0-2 in the Finals.

JNA17
09-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I guess Adam Morrison is better than Lebron because he's won 2 ring and Lebron is 0-2 in the Finals.

Don't forget the stache. Adam Morrison's stache>>>Lebron's Hairline

Brooklyn Mets
09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
more important than anything else

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 03:11 PM

Except Wade is an MVP candidate on a season to season basis and won the Finals MVP in 2006. :rolleyes:

MackShock
09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
not highly..im competitive yes..but if we lose its not a big deal...big then again i mostly play pickup games

gwrighter
09-30-2011, 03:19 PM
In what context OP?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Except Wade is an MVP candidate on a season to season basis and won the Finals MVP in 2006. :rolleyes:

And Morrison was the teams #1 cheerleader. :rolleyes:

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 05:04 PM
And Morrison was the teams #1 cheerleader. :rolleyes:

Oh you got nothing? Nothing new there .

Supreme LA
09-30-2011, 06:05 PM

Ball handling, footwork, shooting, help defense, slashing, playing the passing lanes, penetrating, and he is better in clutch situations because he has more than 2 moves offensively. Why does everyone here think Lebron is the greatest. He's not even polished as a player yet. Wade is better.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Ball handling, footwork, shooting, help defense, slashing, playing the passing lanes, penetrating, and he is better in clutch situations because he has more than 2 moves offensively. Why does everyone here think Lebron is the greatest. He's not even polished as a player yet. Wade is better.

LeBron is better because it says so in the constitution of uneducated basketball fans. I am sure most people would take LeBron over MJ or think LeBron will end up being greater than MJ which is idiotic either way.

Supreme LA
09-30-2011, 06:07 PM
thats like me saying luke walton is better because dwight is just bigger and stronger

Umm...no it's not. The only thing Luke is better at would be passing.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:09 PM
i never knew that. :speechless:

If you are a LeBron fan I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

Heediot
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Money over winning all day everyday! I would rather leave a legacy on something that is more important than sports. I would use the money to help out others. The importance of winning in sports is socially constructed and exaggerated.

Supreme LA
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
The only thing Lebron had over Wade is rebounding, passing, man to man defense, and finishing at the rim. 3 of those 4 are all due to his size and strength. Wade is better and Lebron knows it. That's why he jumped on Wade's coattails hoping Wade will bring him a championship.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Oh you got nothing? Nothing new there .

:laugh2: Please.

You rank Wade better than Lebron because he had a better team and won. Winning doesn't guarantee you better than a player. Given the same supporting cast and same opponents, Wade can't accomplish as much as Lebron could have. Put Wade on the 2007 Cavs instead of Wade and they wouldn't even touch the finals. Put Lebron on the 2006 Heat and Lebron would already have 1 ring.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:17 PM
The only thing Lebron had over Wade is rebounding, passing, man to man defense, and finishing at the rim. 3 of those 4 are all due to his size and strength. Wade is better and Lebron knows it. That's why he jumped on Wade's coattails hoping Wade will bring him a championship.

The constitution of uneducated basketball fans (which is about 80% of this site) says LeBron is the best player in the league and the GOAT though.

juno10
09-30-2011, 06:20 PM

ball handling: lebron is the better ball handler and less prone to turning it over when handling.
shooter: not by alot imo can't beleive people actually think bron is a bad shooter
foot work: its hard for a 6'9 250lbs guy to have better foot work than a 6'3 guard
slashing: true almost no one is better than wade at that
clutch situations: umm... imo no. i know your probably someone who doesn't like advanced stats so not going to go there
playing the passing lanes: yes because wade gambles more often which is way he isn't as a good defender as bron.
also lebron owns him in::rebounding,passing,defense.

i don't think lebron is the greatest but i don't go around discrediting and underrating him,im assuming you hate bron because some sort of rivlary with kobe because deep down inside you know he will catch your boy up in all time rankings

juno10
09-30-2011, 06:25 PM

this makes no sense, okay wade is more skillful right? not better but skillful or else i would say monta ellis is better than dwight, dwight is just bigger taller stronger

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 06:32 PM
:laugh2: If I wasn't given a warning, I'd still be at it. But whatever. It's all good.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
this much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

Too bad LeBron and his fans don't know about this.

juno10
09-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Too bad LeBron and his fans don't know about this.

is this why you made this thread dude you honestly need to grow up.

KnicksorBust
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
It's a shame this thread is already turning into **** because of baiting. I like the topic because I value winning a lot. I believe certain players, like Tim Duncan for example, help produce winning teams and have certain intangible aspects that their stats don't recognize.

The ultimate cop out is people who then turn this into a "I guess Horry is better than Malone and Adam Morrison >>>> LeBron! LMAO!" type of response.

Titles are important but also you need to look at the context in which they win a title (Dirk's title win is infinitely more impressive than say Gary Payton's title win) and their career resumes as well.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
is this why you made this thread dude you honestly need to grow up.

Quick question, how many rings does LeBron have??

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:43 PM
It's a shame this thread is already turning into **** because of baiting. I like the topic because I value winning a lot. I believe certain players, like Tim Duncan for example, help produce winning teams and have certain intangible aspects that their stats don't recognize.

The ultimate cop out is people who then turn this into a "I guess Horry is better than Malone and Adam Morrison >>>> LeBron! LMAO!" type of response.

Titles are important but also you need to look at the context in which they win a title (Dirk's title win is infinitely more impressive than say Gary Payton's title win) and their career resumes as well.

Hilarious because you are the same guy that says this.....

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18928443&postcount=15

It's easy to argue Kobe's never been the best. LeBron is supported by statistics. He's led the league in PER the last 4 seasons. Kobe's never finished in the top 2 in PER. Rings are more indicative of having a strong team whereas PER is more an individual metric.

:rolleyes:

juno10
09-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Quick question, how many rings does LeBron have??

none, point?

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:50 PM
none, point?
Zero? LOL, yeah thats what I thought, best player in the league? Yeah, no.

Winners > losers.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 06:53 PM

Winners > losers.

With your reasoning, that's like saying Kidd or Payton better than Stockton because he has no titles.

juno10
09-30-2011, 06:53 PM

Winners > losers.

so... kobe>wade?

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:55 PM
With your reasoning, that's like saying Kidd or Payton better than Stockton because he has no titles.

How many finals MVPs do Payton and Kidd have? Why don't you take things into context? Then again you LeBrick fans just do whatever it takes to defend and justify for your boy's pathetic play.

Fact: LeBron James has lost 3 straight playoff appearances with HCA.....wouldn't be surprised if that was some record just like his biggest drop off from regular season scoring to finals scoring.

so... kobe>wade?

all-time? yes. now? no. but then again, Dirk was the champion not Kobe.

KnicksorBust
09-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Hilarious because you are the same guy that says this.....

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18928443&postcount=15

:laugh: You are so proud of yourself but have done nothing. The question was "Who would it be easier to argue was never the best player in the league?"

It didn't even ask my opinion on the two players.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
:laugh: You are so proud of yourself but have done nothing. The question was "Who would it be easier to argue was never the best player in the league?"

It didn't even ask my opinion on the two players.
Good point, I'll admit my mistake there.

Who do you think was the best player from 2006-present then?

juno10
09-30-2011, 06:58 PM
How many finals MVPs do Payton and Kidd have? Why don't you take things into context? Then again you LeBrick fans just do whatever it takes to defend and justify for your boy's pathetic play.

Fact: LeBron James has lost 3 straight playoff appearances with HCA.....wouldn't be surprised if that was some record just like his biggest drop off from regular season scoring to finals scoring.

no,now. 5 rings>>>1, back to back finals mvp >one time finals mvp. kobe>wade deal with it.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 07:00 PM
no,now. 5 rings>>>1, back to back finals mvp >one time finals mvp. kobe>wade deal with it.
all-time, yes. Now? No because Kobe isn't close to the player he was in 2009 or even 2010. Wade on the other hand looks no different from 2011 than he did in 2006.

Deal with it.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 07:00 PM

So first you just make the argument that it's just the title and now that someone gives a good comparison, you add more stipulations? But fine.

What about Tony Parker over Steve Nash? or CP3? or Rose? Tony Parker has been a top 5 PG in the NBA like all the guys I listed. Does that make him better?

Or James Worthy over Lebron and Charles Barkley?

& where did I justify his pathetic play in the finals? I was dogging him like everyone else. I'm just not judging his whole career and talent over 1 final series.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 07:02 PM
What about Tony Parker over Steve Nash? or CP3? or Rose? Tony Parker has been a top 5 PG in the NBA like all the guys I listed. Does that make him better?

Or James Worthy over Lebron and Charles Barkley?
Too bad they aren't consistent MVP candidates like Wade is which negates your entire pathetic argument.

juno10
09-30-2011, 07:03 PM
all-time, yes. Now? No because Kobe isn't close to the player he was in 2009 or even 2010. Wade on the other hand looks no different from 2011 than he did in 2006.

Deal with it.

what dude, one full year removed from winning finals mvp your saying he dropped offf that much that quick? no sir. kobe wouldn't make errant turnovers in the close finals games like wade did in game 4, sorry black mamba is better. deal with it. also kobe all nba first team wade all nba 2nd team DEAL WITH IT.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 07:05 PM
what dude, one full year removed from winning finals mvp your saying he dropped offf that much that quick? no sir. kobe wouldn't make errant turnovers in the close finals games like wade did in game 4, sorry black mamba is better. deal with it. also kobe all nba first team wade all nba 2nd team DEAL WITH IT.

good point, kobe>lebron.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Too bad they aren't consistent MVP candidates like Wade is which negates your entire pathetic argument.

My argument is pathetic yet you act as if yours is foolproof? You know it's bad to argue when you're just going to add more stipulations every time.First it's just titles. Then you need to have an MVP ring. And now it's MVP candidate. Do this. List every stipulation that I need to match and I can still find a good comparison assuming it's reasonable stipulations.

But either way it doesn't matter. When you look at the end of both players careers, Wade will have 1 more ring than Lebron. But the individual talent and accomplishments Lebron has will overpower 1 more ring Wade has.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 07:07 PM
But the individual talent and accomplishments Lebron has will overpower 1 more ring Wade has.

Yea......nah, you fail again, not surprised to say the least.

juno10
09-30-2011, 07:08 PM
good point, kobe>lebron.

yes, kobe is 2nd to dirk. than third is pierce, 4th is parker, thats how its goes sir, im glad your dealing with it.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Yea......nah, you fail again, not surprised to say the least.

:laugh2: Forget arguing with you.

Lebron will have like 4 MVP's by the end of his career.

That will surely be better than Wade's 0.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
yes, kobe is 2nd to dirk. than third is pierce, 4th is parker, thats how its goes sir, im glad your dealing with it.
Naaaaaaaah homie.

:laugh2: Forget arguing with you.

Lebron will have like 4 MVP's by the end of his career.

That will surely be better than Wade's 0.
:whistle:

OGMarkWahlberg
09-30-2011, 08:44 PM
PinnacleFlash Lebron > Wade and always will ... get the **** over it

ManRam
09-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Winning requires a team effort. It's hard to fault players for not winning on teams that no one else could ever win on. A lot of players' reputations and fame boil down to circumstance. Imagine if Pippen was never in Chicago. Imagine if Kobe never had Shaq (or vise-versa), imagine if some of the great Celtic/Lakers teams didn't have 5-6 Hall of Famers...etc.

It takes a team to win. Winning matters, but it is FAAAAARRRRRR from the be-all end-all.

ManRam
09-30-2011, 08:48 PM

So physical talents should be ignored :laugh:

It doesn't matter WHY you are better at something, all that matters is that you ARE.

KnicksorBust
09-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Good point, I'll admit my mistake there.

Who do you think was the best player from 2006-present then?

Kobe Bryant. I have him higher on my all-time list than most.

netsgiantsyanks
09-30-2011, 09:27 PM
i don't value winning, winning values me

llemon
09-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Just curious.

Define 'winning'.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Kobe Bryant. I have him higher on my all-time list than most.
lol, what?

I meant every season.

like who was the best in....

05-06
06-07
07-08
08-09
09-10
10-11 a.k.a present

netsgiantsyanks
09-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Define 'winning'.

http://ecdn2.hark.com/images/000/204/422/204422/original.jpg

KnicksorBust
09-30-2011, 09:42 PM
lol, what?

I meant every season.

05-06
06-07
07-08
08-09
09-10
10-11 a.k.a present

What's the purpose of this?

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 10:17 PM
I am just curious......it will give me a lot of information, trust me.

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSJa1vBDPck:facepalm: Reason you guys had a chance.

Did u even watch the 06 finals?

llemon
09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
http://ecdn2.hark.com/images/000/204/422/204422/original.jpg

In that case, winning isn't very important.

Supreme LA
09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
So physical talents should be ignored :laugh:

It doesn't matter WHY you are better at something, all that matters is that you ARE.

No they should not. I take it you didn't read my post above this one. Lebron has the edge in rebounding, passing, and man to man defense. They are basically a wash when it comes to finishing at the rim because Wade can get to hole so much easier and is just as capable of finishing.

Wade, however, is a better ball handler, shooter, slasher, help defender, smarter in the passing lanes, he can get to the bucket at will with his penetration, his footwork is way ahead of Lebron but I guess that isn't saying much since it is Lebron, but Wade's definitely the better competitor between the two.

If you can see that then I don't know what to tell you. I think Wade is the better player but that is my opinion, and that isn't to say Lebron isn't great, he's just not as great as he should be to be getting all this praise. Lebron still lacks a lot of fundamental skills and is the least complete player offensiveley. If he develops a dominate postgame, I would swing my opinion in his favor to be honest. I personally just want to see more out of him and most importantly winning.

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I am just curious......it will give me a lot of information, trust me.

Guess what, wade is 29 lebron is 27. Wade is getting old, Lebron still has time to get better. When wade starts to slow down we all know who your gonna be rubbing.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Guess what, wade is 29 lebron is 27. Wade is getting old, Lebron still has time to get better. When wade starts to slow done we all know who your gonna be rubbing.
yeah because wade really got better from 2009 to 2011. :rolleyes: LeBron has already peaked and is past his prime, deal with it.

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
yeah because wade really got better from 2009 to 2011. :rolleyes: LeBron has already peaked and is past his prime, deal with it.

So ur saying that lebron, at age 27, is past his prime? Fail much:facepalm:

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I open up a thread about the most hated city in the nba and it gets closed the first couple of hours yet this thread doesn't get closed......

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 11:20 PM

Because if you don't have Wade there, he'll bait you like crazy.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:22 PM
So ur saying that lebron, at age 27, is past his prime? Fail much:facepalm:

Yes, LeBron will never be as good as he was in '09 and '10. That is a fact. Do you not think it is possible to be in your prime that early or something? Do you know who Tracy McGrady is? :rolleyes:

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Yes, LeBron will never be as good as he was in '09 and '10. That is a fact. Do you not think it is possible to be in your prime that early or something? Do you know who Tracy McGrady is? :rolleyes:

Do u know what blown knees is?

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Do u know what blown knees is?

Yes and that isn't what he suffered. :facepalm:

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Instead of using age, tell me how many players have gotten better after their 8th season instead.

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Yes and that isn't what he suffered. :facepalm:

LOL.. sooo your telling me Tmac didnt suffer serious knee injurious in the 2009 season?

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Instead of using age, tell me how many players have gotten better after their 8th season instead.

how many years did it take MJ to win a titile?

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:30 PM
LOL.. sooo your telling me Tmac didnt suffer serious knee injurious in the 2009 season?

Tmac was past his prime after '05.

how many years did it take MJ to win a titile?

7 years and people usually say his best seasons were in 90 and 91. Nobody thinks he got better from there.

WHODAT8o8
09-30-2011, 11:33 PM
I would take a 1 dollar salary if it guaranteed me a ring that year.

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Tmac was past his prime after '05.

7 years and people usually say his best seasons were in 90 and 91. Nobody thinks he got better from there.

Can i ask you this. LeBron has been working on his post game over the summer. If he polishes his 3 point shooting % and learns the art of the post game in only 2 years, is he better than wade?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 11:38 PM

But how could someone not get better?

Lebron got a better jumper and He stepped up his defense by a whole lot last season. Both he really developed that he didn't have as much in his MVP years.

Who's to say he doesn't become a more efficient shooter? Or an even better defender? Or develop a post game?

Not saying he will develop a shot or post moves but he's not declining from his MVP years and he still has time to develop before he does decline.

llemon
09-30-2011, 11:39 PM
I would take a 1 dollar salary if it guaranteed me a ring that year.

And then you'd sell the ring

Supreme LA
09-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Can i ask you this. LeBron has been working on his post game over the summer. If he polishes his 3 point shooting % and learns the art of the post game in only 2 years, is he better than wade?

WHEN he does he WILL BE. If Lebron's shot is more consistent and he develops a DOMINATE post-game then I wouldn't have a problem giving him the nod over Wade.

Nyc4You
09-30-2011, 11:43 PM
WHEN he does he WILL BE. If Lebron's shot is more consistent and he develops a DOMINATE post-game then I wouldn't have a problem giving him the nod over Wade.

You do know hes been working on his post game over the summer.

Anyways im off to bed.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:49 PM
But how could someone not get better?

Lebron got a better jumper and He stepped up his defense by a whole lot last season. Both he really developed that he didn't have as much in his MVP years.

Who's to say he doesn't become a more efficient shooter? Or an even better defender? Or develop a post game?

Not saying he will develop a shot or post moves but he's not declining from his MVP years and he still has time to develop before he does decline.
His athleticism is already declining and his game is pretty much 99% predicated on it anyways. He will not age well, I am telling you this right now. He is clearly declining right now, if you can't see the difference from Heat LeBron to Cleveland LeBron then you just don't know much about basketball.

PinnacleFlash
09-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Um, does he still have mental breakdowns in the post-season? If yes, then no he isn't better. If no, then yes he is better, then again if LeBron doesn't have a mental breakdown last season, not a single person including myself would think Wade is better.

I believe LeBron is more talented than Wade already but what separates Wade from him is the mentality and intangibles.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 11:56 PM
His athleticism is already declining and his game is pretty much 99% predicated on it anyways. He will not age well, I am telling you this right now. He is clearly declining right now, if you can't see the difference from Heat LeBron to Cleveland LeBron then you just don't know much about basketball.

Lebron did drop from his Cleveland years athletically but barely by much. He's still way above the rest of the league athletically and he just developed better defense. So overall, I think he improved from his Cleveland year to Miami.

But I do agree he will not age well. Come 32, if he doesn't have a shot or post game, he's going to drop drastcially.

naps
10-01-2011, 12:48 AM

Winners > losers.

What does that have to do with being the best player? Was Tony Parker the best in 2007? Chauncey Billups in 2004?

The only reason this guy hasn't been parmabanned yet is because he is sponsored by anti-LeBron mods. I have never seen a guy who trolled and baited this much and not got parmabanned. He creates every single thread with the intention of bashing LeBron.

naps
10-01-2011, 01:01 AM
I open up a thread about the most hated city in the nba and it gets closed the first couple of hours yet this thread doesn't get closed......

Because most MODs love this guy since he carries their anti-LeBron phenomena.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 01:30 AM
What does that have to do with being the best player? Was Tony Parker the best in 2007? Chauncey Billups in 2004?

The only reason this guy hasn't been parmabanned yet is because he is sponsored by anti-LeBron mods. I have never seen a guy who trolled and baited this much and not got parmabanned. He creates every single thread with the intention of bashing LeBron.
Wade is a consistent MVP candidate on a yearly basis, those other two aren't. That just negated your only argument and that other guy's argument, that other guy is so smart I don't even remember his name nor do I care about his name.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 01:56 AM

Winners > losers.

What about Isiah Thomas?

Won Finals MVP and has been an MVP candidate for like 10 straight years.

Then there's John Stockton. Never won a title.

Yet Stockton a lot of people consider him to be 2nd best PG in NBA history. Or at least better than Thomas.

VillaMaravilla
10-01-2011, 02:38 AM
man you guys who start these threads are really super bored

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:09 AM
What about Isiah Thomas?

Won Finals MVP and has been an MVP candidate for like 10 straight years.

Then there's John Stockton. Never won a title.

Yet Stockton a lot of people consider him to be 2nd best PG in NBA history. Or at least better than Thomas.

LOL at Stockton being better than Isiah.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:20 AM
LOL at Stockton being better than Isiah.

A lot of people consider him to be better. :shrug:

What about Eglin Baylor over a lot of SF's and PF's.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:20 AM
here is what ESPN thinks of the top 10 greatest PGs of all-time, guess what? Isiah is ranked higher....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestPointGuards

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:21 AM

But what about Oscar Robertson then. No title either and better than Isiah for sure.
Yeah you really know your facts. :facepalm: He was in the 1971 Bucks team that won the championship. Best player on the team? Far from it, it was Kareem, but he has a championship and he played a role in it.

How many championships does LeBron have again?

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:22 AM

If people think Stockton is better than Isiah it is because they despise Isiah, never saw Isiah play, or are worshiping Stockton's all-time assists and steals record. Usually it is all three.

Most people at least most people with a brain and understand basketball would know that Isiah>Stockton.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:24 AM
here is what ESPN thinks of the top 10 greatest PGs of all-time, guess what? Isiah is ranked higher....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestPointGuards

These guys also rank Lebron the best in the league. But we both know you don't agree with that.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:25 AM
These guys also rank Lebron the best in the league. But we both know you don't agree with that.
Really? Show me where and my point was that most people do think Isiah>Stockton and you act as if its the other way around, you revisionist.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:29 AM
Yeah you really know your facts. :facepalm: He was in the 1971 Bucks team that won the championship. Best player on the team? Far from it, it was Kareem, but he has a championship and he played a role in it.

How many championships does LeBron have again?

:laugh2: I mistook him for Eglin Baylor for a second. Give me a break.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:31 AM
:laugh2: I mistook him for Eglin Baylor for a second. Give me a break.

Hilarious, you can't even spell his name correctly. :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:31 AM
If people think Stockton is better than Isiah it is because they despise Isiah, never saw Isiah play, or are worshiping Stockton's all-time assists and steals record. Usually it is all three.

Most people at least most people with a brain and understand basketball would know that Isiah>Stockton.

I notice that's always the case with you. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, they don't have a brain or are uneducated.

You can't expect people to take your arguments seriously when you do that. Then you bait like no tomorrow.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:32 AM
I notice that's always the case with you. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, they don't have a brain or are uneducated.

You can't expect people to take your arguments seriously when you do that. Then you bait like no tomorrow.
Cool. Are you going to post anything relevant now? I love how hard you have to try to push the subject away from the original topic just because your boy is not a winner.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Really? Show me where and my point was that most people do think Isiah>Stockton and you act as if its the other way around, you revisionist.

I'd find it but I'd have to go through hundreds of articles and I don't even know how to navigate ESPN too much. But they ranked Lebron as the best player in the league when the season started.

It was like their top 20 player in the league entering the 2010-2011 season crap. They do it for every year.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:36 AM
I'd find it but I'd have to go through hundreds of articles and I don't even know how to navigate ESPN too much. But they ranked Lebron as the best player in the league when the season started.

It was like their top 20 player in the league entering the 2010-2011 season crap. They do it for every year.
Cool, I am sure a lot of people had LeBron as the best before the 2010-2011 season, and I am sure a lot of people didn't expect LeBron to play invisible in the NBA finals so what's your point?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Cool. Are you going to post anything relevant now? I love how hard you have to try to push the subject away from the original topic just because your boy is not a winner.

:laugh: You post nothing relevant either. It's the routine "If you aren't a Wade fan, you don't watch basketball." "If you think Lebron is a good player, you need to commit suicide".

It's the same crap every time. You act as if winning defines a players career. That is nowhere close to the case. Titles is a factor but that doesn't make someone clear cut better.

thenetslegend
10-01-2011, 03:39 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3386301&stc=1&d=1306465885

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:39 AM
It's the same crap every time. You act as if winning defines a players career. That is nowhere close to the case. Titles is a factor but that doesn't make someone clear cut better.

I would say the same if my boy was a loser instead of a winner.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Cool, I am sure a lot of people had LeBron as the best before the 2010-2011 season, and I am sure a lot of people didn't expect LeBron to play invisible in the NBA finals so what's your point?

:laugh2:

They STILL had Lebron as the best player in the league in their opinion.

Why does it matter if it happened in the beginning of the season? Had we had this conversation in the beginning of the season, you'd have something against them.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:41 AM

They STILL had Lebron as the best player in the league in their opinion.

Why does it matter if it happened in the beginning of the season? Had we had this conversation in the beginning of the season, you'd have something against them.
Right.....go ahead and show me all the analysts that said that. :rolleyes:

You are no longer amusing to me.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:41 AM
I would say the same if my boy was a loser instead of a winner.

:laugh2: Since when was Lebron my "boy"?

I'd defend Lebron being bashed equally that if Wade was being bashed.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Right.....go ahead and show me all the analysts that said that. :rolleyes:

You are no longer amusing to me.

I would if the season would start. :shrug:

But since the season is cancelled, not too sure if they'll put it up this year.

I wasn't trying to be amusing. Though it's fun and annoying at the same time the way you bait and I get sucked into it. You are the smartest baiter I've seen in a while. I'll give you that. You avoid bans like crazy.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:46 AM
winning is the American way. it's almost everything when it comes to competition.

Nope, LeBron fans believe winning is not important.....at least until LeBron wins.

naps
10-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Wade is a consistent MVP candidate on a yearly basis, those other two aren't. That just negated your only argument and that other guy's argument, that other guy is so smart I don't even remember his name nor do I care about his name.

You are contradicting yourself. You are not at the same point anymore. You said winners are the best players, now why are you bringing up MVPs? Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups won finals MVPs. What is your point?

Now you wanna go to regular season MVPs? I thought you don't value that. LeBron has two MVPs and been ranked higher than Wade in MVP voting every year. How many times Wade hit top 3 in MVP voting? What is your point? You can't go both ways. Just pick one or the other.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:52 AM
You are contradicting yourself. You are not at the same point anymore. You said winners are the best players, now why are you bringing up MVPs? Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups won finals MVPs. What is your point?

Now you wanna go to regular season MVPs? I thought you don't value that. LeBron has two MVPs and been ranked higher than Wade in MVP voting every year. How many times Wade hit top 3 in MVP voting? What is your point? You can't go both ways. Just pick one or the other.

Right, because they have to be mutually exclusive. :rolleyes: How about take everything into context? OR does that not work for you because LeBron is missing the finals MVP and championship?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:57 AM
Right, because they have to be mutually exclusive. :rolleyes: How about take everything into context? OR does that not work for you because LeBron is missing the finals MVP and championship?

You say to take everything into context yet you base Lebron because he doesn't have a ring and Finals MVP.

Can't go both ways.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 03:59 AM
You say to take everything into context yet you base Lebron because he doesn't have a ring and Finals MVP.

Can't go both ways.

rings and finals mvp are more important than mvps, doesn't mean mvps aren't relevant and then take into context of the ring and finals mvp. wade to the 06 heat = what kobe was to the 09 lakers = to what MJ was to the 91 bulls. It's simple but LeBrick fans make everything complicated.

keithy19
10-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Winning is obviously the goal in sports. But if you're part of a market where you know you don't stand a shot at winning the title/championship/cup than your view of the game is a little different. Sure you want to be the best team in the game, but you try to find other positives before eventually ending your life.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Winning is obviously the goal in sports. But if you're part of a market where you know you don't stand a shot at winning the title/championship/cup than your view of the game is a little different. Sure you want to be the best team in the game, but you try to find other positives before eventually ending your life.
it would make complete sense since all the people that defend LeBron are the ones that are cheering for terrible teams and franchises like the Raptors.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:06 AM

How about you make a list of criteria and I still prove you are a troll?

C_Mund
10-01-2011, 04:06 AM
it would make complete sense since all the people that defend LeBron are the ones that are cheering for terrible teams and franchises like the Raptors.

I cheer for the Raptors and I think Lebron controls the game over a course of the season moreso that Wade. Having said that, I'd take prime Wade for three years over six years of prime Lebron.
Having said that, you're what's wrong with the internet.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:08 AM
rings and finals mvp are more important than mvps, doesn't mean mvps aren't relevant and then take into context of the ring and finals mvp. wade to the 06 heat = what kobe was to the 09 lakers = to what MJ was to the 91 bulls. It's simple but LeBrick fans make everything complicated.

Ok. So you said Rings and Finals MVPs are more important than regular season MVPs. What about Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups being better that Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose according to your logic? None of them has a RING or a FINALS MVP, which are the most important things according to you.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:11 AM
I would if the season would start. :shrug:

But since the season is cancelled, not too sure if they'll put it up this year.

They are doing it. Here's the link (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7029902/nba-player-rankings-91-100).

PinnacleFlash
Ok. So you said Rings and Finals MVPs are more important than regular season MVPs. What about Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups being better that Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose according to your logic? None of them have a RING or a FINALS MVP, which are the most important thing according to you.
You just don't get it and I'm seriously not even going to bother.

I cheer for the Raptors and I think Lebron controls the game over a course of the season moreso that Wade. Having said that, I'd take prime Wade for three years over six years of prime Lebron.
Having said that, you're what's wrong with the internet.

Interesting.... top 5 players in the NBA right now? Who ya got?

keithy19

I was thinking more along the lines of having players reach milestones in the their careers. Or have the franchise have a home winning record or have a 500 season after several of sub 500 play.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 04:13 AM

But at what point?

You honestly just have to play 4-7 great games to win it even if you aren't the most talented player to win Finals MVP. We've seen it numerous times.

Sure a ring is great but it's a team effort. Though I will give Wade credit for carrying that team himself to the ring because his team mates were ****. So I do value his ring and MVP by a lot.

Regular season MVP's measure a players performance as an individual. Lebron dominated the regular season both times and led his team to 60 win seasons. It's not his fault his team mates failed him in the post season.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:14 AM
You just don't get it and I'm seriously not even going to bother.

What? You just got OWNED right here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19337423&postcount=132). Tell me it doesn't feel sweet when you get caught with double standards.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:14 AM
But at what point?

You honestly just have to play 4-7 great games to win it even if you aren't the most talented player to win Finals MVP. We've seen it numerous times.

Sure a ring is great but it's a team effort. Though I will give Wade credit for carrying that team himself to the ring because his team mates were ****. So I do value his ring and MVP by a lot.

Regular season MVP's measure a players performance as an individual. Lebron dominated the regular season both times and led his team to 60 win seasons. It's not his fault his team mates failed him in the post season.
Yeah, It's not like LeBron had anything to do with the 2010 and 2011 losses.

Three years in a row LeBron has had HCA and he has lost all three times.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:15 AM
What? You just got OWNED right here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19337423&postcount=132). Tell me it doesn't feel sweet when you get caught with double standards.

What double standard, when did I say they have to be mutually exclusive? All I said was I value one more over the other. You are so dense right now it is just hilarious :laugh2:

naps
10-01-2011, 04:19 AM
What double standard, when did I say they have to be mutually exclusive? All I said was I value one more over the other. You are so dense right now it is just hilarious :laugh2:

Wait, don't skip. Explain this (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19337423&postcount=132) double standard instead of personal attack. I noticed you start personal attacks when you hit the wall and see nowhere to go. Since you value RINGS and FINAL MVPs over anything else when you compare two players then why not Tony Parker or Chauncey Billups over Deron Williams? Derrick Rose? Chris Paul? Steve Nash? They haven't done anything better than Parker or Billups according to your logic of ranking players. What's your take now?

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Wait, don't skip. Explain this (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19337423&postcount=132) double standard instead of personal attack. I noticed you start personal attacks when you hit the wall and see nowhere to go. Since you value RINGS and FINAL MVPs over anything else when you compare two players then why not Tony Parker or Chauncey Billups over Deron Williams? Derrick Rose? Chris Paul? Steve Nash? They haven't done anything better than Parker or Billups according to your logic of ranking players. What's your take now?

Right because If I value rings and finals MVP I don't take anything else into consideration. Because I actually said that. :rolleyes:

Talk to me when you don't put words in my mouth.

Supreme LA
10-01-2011, 04:26 AM
You do know hes been working on his post game over the summer.

Anyways im off to bed.

That's good he recognizes where he should be most effective with his size and strength. Still has yet to show it on the court so we'll see if he put in enough work to become dominate on the block.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Right because If I value rings and finals MVP I don't take anything else into consideration. Because I actually said that. :rolleyes:

Talk to me when you don't put words in my mouth.

I want to see what those anything else. Tell me how Deron Williams is better than Tony Parker or chanuncey Billups. What has Deron done in the post season? When was he in top 5 of MVP voting?

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Yeah, It's not like LeBron had anything to do with the 2010 and 2011 losses.

Three years in a row LeBron has had HCA and he has lost all three times.

Lebron averaged 39, 8 and 8 against Orlando in 2009. His regular season average was 28, 8 and 7. An improvement for all categories. There should be no blame on him whatsoever for this series.

Lebron averaged 27, 9 and 7 against Boston in 2010. His regular season average was 30, 7 and 9. Not much of a drop off for him to carry the burden he's given. Where was his team mates? Mo Williams did crap and the 2nd best player was Delonte averaging 12 PPG.

In 2011, I actually do blame the Heat loss on his collapse. But that's not going to blind me from the talent he possesses.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Alright, you are stuck. I let you have more time to come up with why is Deron better than Parker/Billups.

PinnacleFlash
I want to see what those anything else. Tell me how Deron Williams is better than Tony Parker or chanuncey Billups. What has Deron done in the post season? When was he in top 5 of MVP voting?
Never but I don't think if Deron would be ahead of either Parker or Billups in the all-time list if all three were forced to retire today.

Lebron averaged 39, 8 and 8 against Orlando in 2009. His regular season average was 28, 8 and 7. An improvement for all categories. There should be no blame on him whatsoever for this series.

Lebron averaged 27, 9 and 7 against Boston in 2010. His regular season average was 30, 7 and 9. Not much of a drop off for him to carry the burden he's given. Where was his team mates? Mo Williams did crap and the 2nd best player was Delonte averaging 12 PPG.

In 2011, I actually do blame the Heat loss on his collapse. But that's not going to blind me from the talent he possesses.
Using stats to determine his 2010 play, yep, you really saw the series. :rolleyes:

PinnacleFlash
Alright, you are stuck. I let you have more time to come up with why is Deron better than Parker/Billups.

I'm stuck because I didn't give you a response within 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Using stats to determine his 2010 play, yep, you really saw the series. :rolleyes:

I actually saw the series and Lebron didn't drop off enough for someone to blame anything more than 15-20% of the blame on him.

I'd watch it again to bring up more points but it's 4:30 in the morning. I'm out.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:49 AM
Never but I don't think if Deron would be ahead of either Parker or Billups in the all-time list if all three were forced to retire today.

**** all time lists. I am talking about today. Who is better?

naps
10-01-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm stuck because I didn't give you a response within 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

It's funny you took 15 mins (not 2 mins) to think and came up with all time lists when we are talking about today. LMFAO!

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:51 AM
**** all time lists. I am talking about today. Who is better?
Deron.....I bring up Wade's 2006 championship because he plays and looks no different in 06 than he does in present today. Parker is not the same the way he was in 07 and Billups is not the same the way he was in 04.

naps
10-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Deron.....I bring up Wade's 2006 championship because he plays and looks no different in 06 than he does in present today. Parker is not the same the way he was in 07 and Billups is not the same the way he was in 04.

Why is Deron better? He never went any far in the post season than Parker or Billups. They did it many times. And you said if you have a ring and finals MVP you are the better player.

You claimed Kobe is better than LeBron in another thread because Kobe has 5 rings. Kobe is not the same he was in his prime. Clear double standards?

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Why is Deron better? He never went any far in the post season than Parker or Billups. They did it many times. And you said if you have a ring and finals MVP you are the better player. You claimed Kobe is better than LeBron in another thread. Kobe is not the same he was in his prime. Clear double standards?
lol if you think I said Kobe > LeBron seriously.

naps
10-01-2011, 05:04 AM
lol if you think I said Kobe > LeBron seriously.

LMFAO! So now you were not being serious?? So you agree that you were trolling with these posts?

Give me the 5x NBA champion over the 0x NBA champion, thanks.

Yep, LeBron is the better player alright, lets go compare their rings and finals MVPs.

Kobe: 5 rings, 2 finals MVPs
LeBron: 0 rings, 0 finals MVPs

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 05:06 AM
LMFAO! So now you were not being serious?? So you agree that you were trolling with these posts?
Wasn't the question asking who I would rather have as a franchise player and during their primes? If so, um yes, I would take Kobe, who wouldn't? It's not like I would take Kobe now over LeBron now.

naps
10-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Good, now why is Wade better than LeBron? What does Wade do better than LeBron? Again, I don't wanna hear just one or two specific things. I want every aspect of the game to be explained and NOT ANY OPINIONS. I want a statistically rich post because I am a diehard Wade fan (But not a blind homer) and I will be glad to see how Wade is better than LeBron.

naps
10-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Wasn't the question asking who I would rather have as a franchise player and during their primes? If so, um yes, I would take Kobe, who wouldn't? It's not like I would take Kobe now over LeBron now.

Who would you have as your franchise centerpiece? Chauncey Billups or Deron Williams/Chris Paul?

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Good, now why is Wade better than LeBron? What does Wade do better than LeBron? Again, I don't wanna hear just one or two specific things. I want every aspect of the game to be explained and NOT ANY OPINIONS. I want a statistically rich post because I a diehard Wade fan (But not a blind homer) and I will be glad to see how Wade is better than LeBron.
LeBron is more talented than Wade but not by a lot. Wade has more intangibles and is better mentally and by A LOT. There is your difference.

LeBron has 100% of MJ's talents and has Scottie Pippen's Mentality. Wade has about 90% of MJ's talent and he has MJ's mentality.

Who would you have as your franchise centerpiece? Chauncey Billups or Deron Williams/Chris Paul?

Chris Paul.

naps
10-01-2011, 05:24 AM
LeBron is more talented than Wade but not by a lot. Wade has more intangibles and is better mentally and by A LOT. There is your difference.

LeBron has 100% of MJ's talents and has Scottie Pippen's Mentality. Wade has about 90% of MJ's talent and he has MJ's mentality.

These are NOT statistical arguments. Again, I don't wanna hear these opinions. These %'s you are putting here are just your opinions, not facts. Tell me what does Wade do better than LeBron?

Chris Paul.

Why? You always take the player who has already won over the one that hasn't won (Example: Kobe over LeBron or Wade over LeBron). Why in this case CP3 over Billups?

And how about Deron Williams?

What has Chris Paul done better than Billups?

Through his six years with Detroit, Billups made six straight conference championship series, two NBA finals, and won an NBA Championship. He was an All-Star three times, made the all-NBA team twice and All-Defensive second team twice.

In Billups first year with the Nuggets, the Nuggets accomplished a number of franchise milestones. Their 54–28 record matched the most wins the franchise had gotten since their induction in the NBA, their 27–14 start was also a record for wins in the first half of a season. This also marked the first time in the franchise's history the team had gotten 50 wins in back-to-back seasons. They led the Northwest division for much of the season, eventually winning the division and gaining the number two seed in the Western Conference, matching the highest the team had ever been seeded for the playoffs. In his first year with the Nuggets, Billups led them back to the NBA Conference Finals for the first time since 1985. This was Billups' 7th straight conference finals. He joined Magic Johnson, Michael Cooper, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Kurt Rambis as the only players to accomplish this feat since the Boston Celtics of the 1950s and 1960s led by Bill Russell.

^^These seem like exactly why you would take Kobe over LeBron to build your franchise with OR exactly why you think Wade is the better player than LeBron. So why take Chris Paul over Chauncey Billups AND not take LeBron over Wade or Kobe?

Andrew32
10-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Wade is a better Finals performer.

That matters when your trying to win Championships.

He is also much better at getting between defenders and drawing fouls around the basket when the defenses tighten up.

Belmonts
10-01-2011, 11:03 AM
You play. To win. The Game.

Nyc4You
10-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Lmao naps took a shyt on the troll:clap:

Nyc4You
10-01-2011, 11:56 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01.html

After the 08-09 season. wade's stats are on the decline. How did he miraculously stay the same from the 06 season, and btw you said it urself, he didn't improve on anything over a spawn of 4-5 years? Your argument is not even statistical to begin with. Daily serving of trolls:facepalm:

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 02:07 PM
These are NOT statistical arguments. Again, I don't wanna hear these opinions. These %'s you are putting here are just your opinions, not facts. Tell me what does Wade do better than LeBron?
Right because everything has to be a stat.

K, let me ask you this, who is better, Wilt Chamberlain or Michael Jordan? Oh and use a statistic argument, not accomplishments, no rings, no nothing.

Wilt Chamberlain scored more points, rebounded the ball more, had more assists, impacted the game more since he was a big man, definitely blocked more shots if they had counted it back them, what makes MJ better?

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 02:11 PM

You had nothing for me in the other post, you had to rely on some guy who is unbelievably dense to argue for you. :rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
10-01-2011, 02:16 PM
For most reasonable fans winning is a measure of a players greatness. For fans of players that never win, then winning is not really a big deal because "it takes a whole team to win a championship, not just a great player."

MrfadeawayJB
10-01-2011, 02:20 PM
pinnacleflash is ****in annoying

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 02:20 PM
For most reasonable fans winning is a measure of a players greatness. For fans of players that never win, then winning is not really a big deal because "it takes a whole team to win a championship, not just a great player."

Sounds right, LeBrick fans do not value winning.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Wilt Career: 30.1 ppg, 22.9 rpg, 4.4 apg, 54% FG

MJ Career: 30.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.3 apg, 50% FG

Wilt's career bests - 50.4 ppg, 27.2 rpg, 8.6 apg, 73% FG

MJ's career bests - 37.1 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 8.0 apg, 54% FG

Wilt > MJ and its not even close....according to LeBrick fans.

juno10
10-01-2011, 02:28 PM

yes for measuring when their careers are done, its important than what does wade winning a championship 6 years ago have to do with whos the better player now?

juno10
10-01-2011, 02:32 PM

I am really not insulting anyone, I won't lie, I am baiting because it is hilarious messing with these LeBrick fans's head. Wade is better than LeBron though, too bad you are fake.

^^ yes he is trolling.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 02:34 PM
yes for measuring when their careers are done, its important than what does wade winning a championship 6 years ago have to do with whos the better player now?
How much different is Wade in 06 compared to Wade right now? Answer the question

and answer this, how many rings does LeBron have?

juno10
10-01-2011, 02:36 PM
How much different is Wade in 06 compared to Wade right now? Answer the question

and answer this, how many rings does LeBron have?

he was more explosive(first step) athletic,less injury prone,

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 02:37 PM
he was more explosive(first step) athletic,less injury prone,

well doesn't' surprise me that you still don't know what you're talking about.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2011, 02:38 PM

I wasn't really talking Wade/Lebron just more in general but If I had to choose a better player now I would still go with Wade. I believe his overall game is better, his decision making in the clutch is better, and he's a better leader.

As far as him winning before I would just factor that in as he has proven he can get it done on the big stage whereas Lebron has had a couple chances and came up short so that does play into it IMO. Just like if you were comparing Karl Malone to Tim Duncan for example......

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I wasn't really talking Wade/Lebron just more in general but If I had to choose a better player now I would still go with Wade. I believe his overall game is better, his decision making in the clutch is better, and he's a better leader.

As far as him winning before I would just factor that in as he has proven he can get it done on the big stage whereas Lebron has had a couple chances and came up short so that does play into it IMO. Just like if you were comparing Karl Malone to Tim Duncan for example......

Thank you, you are the man. :clap:

Perfect analogy too, LeBrick = Karl Malone, a player that never won a championship and failed every time he got to the championship game. Wade = Duncan, CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER AND SINGLE HANDILY WON HIS TEAM A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2006 JUST LIKE DUNCAN DID IN 2003.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you, you are the man. :clap:

Perfect analogy too, LeBrick = Karl Malone, a player that never won a championship and failed every time he got to the championship game. Wade = Duncan, CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER AND SINGLE HANDILY WON HIS TEAM A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2006 JUST LIKE DUNCAN DID IN 2003.

That's not a perfect analogy. You have the better player in Duncan with a ring comparing to a guy who's not as good and without a ring. With Lebron and Wade, it's the complete opposite.

Duncan is the best PF of all time. Karl Malone doesn't match up to him talent wise.

Lebron is the best player right now. Wade isn't on par with him talent wise.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:16 PM
That's not a perfect analogy. You have the better player in Duncan with a ring comparing to a guy who's not as good and without a ring. With Lebron and Wade, it's the complete opposite.

Duncan is the best PF of all time. Karl Malone doesn't match up to him talent wise.

Lebron is the best player right now. Wade isn't on par with him talent wise.
Nope. Tony Starks was on the money, you are usual are not.

beasted86
10-01-2011, 04:22 PM
pinnacleflash is ****in annoying

:clap:

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Nope. Tony Starks was on the money, you are usual are not.

So if I'm not close, I wouldn't wanna know how wrong you are. :laugh2:

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 04:39 PM
So if I'm not close, I wouldn't wanna know how wrong you are. :laugh2:
I am right though like always so I don't know what you want to know.

KnicksorBust
10-01-2011, 09:26 PM
lol, what?

I meant every season.

05-06
06-07
07-08
08-09
09-10
10-11 a.k.a present

05-06 - Wade/Kobe
06-07 - Duncan
07-08 - Kobe/Paul
08-09 - Wade/Paul/LeBron
09-10 - LeBron
10-11 - Dirk

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 10:21 PM
say whaaaa with paul/wade/lebron in 08-09??? I agree with most of it though. Good job bruh

KnicksorBust
10-01-2011, 10:33 PM
say whaaaa with paul/wade/lebron in 08-09??? I agree with most of it though. Good job bruh

Maybe it's a cop out to name all three but I don't care. It's the right answer. Your turn.

PinnacleFlash
10-01-2011, 10:41 PM
05-06 - Wade
06-07 - Duncan
07-08 - Kobe
08-09 - Kobe
09-10 - Kobe/LeBron/Wade - rock paper scissors that argument
10-11 - Dirk

Raps18-19 Champ
10-02-2011, 12:00 AM
I am right though like always so I don't know what you want to know.

I don't even know how to respond anymore.

It's like arguing with Floyd Mayweather.

PinnacleFlash
10-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Wade is the best player in the NBA and you are the best poster on PSD

Wow I can't disagree with that, awesome post.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Wow I can't disagree with that, awesome post.

Ignorance at it's finest.

PinnacleFlash
10-02-2011, 12:08 AM
intelligence at it's finest.

+1.

LakersMaster24
10-02-2011, 02:18 AM

Shooting...skill...clutch...mentality.

juno10
10-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Shooting...skill...clutch...mentality.

their shooting looks pretty much even,skill?? umm no, maybe on the offensive end lebron is a point forward with amazing passing ability and still can be as dominate scorer as wade, mentality thats subjective i have a different opinion. clutch? its pretty close.

i can say bron is better on defense,rebounding,passing,running a team, and overall impact on the game.

sventhedog
10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
i dunno but i definitely value it more than lebron. i'm pretty sure about that.

knightstemplar
10-02-2011, 10:17 PM
how was duncan the best in 2007?

20/11/3 in the reg season
22/12/3 in the playoffs

?

naps
10-03-2011, 02:03 AM

Yea, he got stuck into his own arguments. I just had to be consistent and a little patient to put him in the net of his double standards. Good thing he lives on a different planet (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653500) now. This forum will be a much better place without him, that's for sure.

BigDiesel32
10-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Yea, he got stuck into his own arguments. I just had to be consistent and a little patient to put him in the net of his double standards. Good thing he lives on a different planet (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653500) now. This forum will be a much better place without him, that's for sure.

Really? Because it seems like YOU have no response for him/her and are stuck.

Right because everything has to be a stat.

K, let me ask you this, who is better, Wilt Chamberlain or Michael Jordan? Oh and use a statistic argument, not accomplishments, no rings, no nothing.

Wilt Chamberlain scored more points, rebounded the ball more, had more assists, impacted the game more since he was a big man, definitely blocked more shots if they had counted it back them, what makes MJ better?

Wilt Career: 30.1 ppg, 22.9 rpg, 4.4 apg, 54% FG

MJ Career: 30.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.3 apg, 50% FG

Wilt's career bests - 50.4 ppg, 27.2 rpg, 8.6 apg, 73% FG

MJ's career bests - 37.1 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 8.0 apg, 54% FG

Wilt > MJ and its not even close....according to LeBrick fans.

naps
10-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Really? Because it seems like YOU have no response for him/her and are stuck.

Haha. Is this just a coincidence that you came back after a 2 year hiatus right after a supreme troll (Pinnacleflash) got banned and started defending his trolling? And that troll was getting smacked by swascuff in a different thread and you started personal attacks on swascuff as well in that very same thread.

Coincidence?

Yeah right!

SportsFanatic10
10-04-2011, 03:43 AM
more than life!