PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA dream-team would win hypothetical 7-game series?

Longhornfan1234
09-30-2011, 03:03 AM
C- Hakeem
PF-Tim Duncan
SF-Larry Bird
SG-Kobe Bryant
PG-Magic Johnson
6th man: Ray Allen

C-Shaquille O'Neal
PF-Kevin Garnett
SF-Pippen
SG-MJ
PG-LeBron James
6th Man:Reggie Miller

Ebbs
09-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Stockton guarding Magic is the biggest mismatch in the series but I'd still take the 2nd team.

TheRazorboy
09-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Give me team A.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 03:16 AM
That's not even fair.

Place Lebron at PG to match up with Magic. Then get a SF like Durant.

Longhornfan1234
09-30-2011, 03:20 AM
That's not even fair.

Place Lebron at PG to match up with Magic. Then get a SF like Durant.

I changed it..

Knicks21
09-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Team A for me, KD isn't on the same level as Bird.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 03:30 AM
I changed it..

Cool. I was just thinking off my head though. You could probably think of someone better. Prime T-Mac maybe?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Team A for me, KD isn't on the same level as Bird.

Would a Prime T-Mac do you better?

Antipod
09-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Damn, ppl are boooored :D

1st team for me .. and a poll would be great ;)

Longhornfan1234
09-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Cool. I was just thinking off my head though. You could probably think of someone better. Prime T-Mac maybe?

I think Pippen will do..

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 03:43 AM
I think Pippen will do..

Even better. Would do major damage to Bird, Kobe or Magic.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-30-2011, 03:44 AM
With the change of lineups to Team B, give me Team B.

I think Pippen can limit the clutchness of Kobe and Bird.

Meatmypet
09-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Poll please; team B btw.

TrueFan420
09-30-2011, 05:18 AM
the first team would kill. lebron cant handle playing pg and the only reason he is there is cause noone can handle magic at pg. mj might be the best player but his greatness means less when the team is full of hall of famer's.

ChiTownPacerFan
09-30-2011, 05:31 AM
C-Shaquille O'Neal
PF-Kevin Garnett
SF-Pippen
SG-MJ
PG-LeBron James
6th Man:Reggie Miller

I dare anyone to construct a team that could beat that group in a 7 game series.

naps
09-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Team A and it's not even close.

LeBron-Jordan-Pippen would make the greatest perimeter defensive tandem of all time. They will just stifle the other team's perimeter. And at their respective primes Shaq+KG>Hakeem+Duncan. Hakeem+Duncan would make a great defensive duo but Shaq was virtually unstoppable in his prime and would destroy anyone in the history. On the other hand, team A has no one to guard Jordan, LeBron, and Pippen.

Raph12
10-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Prime LBJ-MJ-KG-Shaq would rip the league apart, each one of those guys were the best at their position in their prime so easily team 2.

Lebron would outplay Magic
MJ would outplay Kobe
Pippen could guard Bird well enough
KG could play TD
Shaq would outplay Hakeem (don't bring up 94, Shaq hit his prime in 99-02)

C_Mund
10-01-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm not so sure. Who won titles when MJ retired? Not Shaq. Who's won more titles at the 4? Not KG.
I will have a super hard time betting against MJ in any circumstance, but I'd probably go with A. I think big men win titles and Hakeem and Duncan in their prime will be a slight bit better than Shaq and KG. All four were defensive dynamos, but KG was never really a go-to scorer so he's the odd one out. Also, Bird was pretty much like a big white MJ when it came to competition.
Man, this is tough. In a seven-game series these teams would go to best-of-nine.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm not so sure. Who won titles when MJ retired? Not Shaq. Who's won more titles at the 4? Not KG.
I will have a super hard time betting against MJ in any circumstance, but I'd probably go with A. I think big men win titles and Hakeem and Duncan in their prime will be a slight bit better than Shaq and KG. All four were defensive dynamos, but KG was never really a go-to scorer so he's the odd one out. Also, Bird was pretty much like a big white MJ when it came to competition.
Man, this is tough. In a seven-game series these teams would go to best-of-nine.

I consider KG in his prime to be a go to scorer. He just doesn't have the accolades when he was a go to scorer because he was always out a bit earlier in the playoffs compared to TD.

KG basically scored as much as Tim in their primes and both had what was basically an automatic mid range.

C_Mund
10-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Prime LBJ-MJ-KG-Shaq would rip the league apart, each one of those guys were the best at their position in their prime so easily team 2.

Lebron would outplay Magic
MJ would outplay Kobe
Pippen could guard Bird well enough
KG could play TD
Shaq would outplay Hakeem (don't bring up 94, Shaq hit his prime in 99-02)

Team A and it's not even close.

LeBron-Jordan-Pippen would make the greatest perimeter defensive tandem of all time. They will just stifle the other team's perimeter. And at their respective primes Shaq+KG>Hakeem+Duncan. Hakeem+Duncan would make a great defensive duo but Shaq was virtually unstoppable in his prime and would destroy anyone in the history. On the other hand, team A has no one to guard Jordan, LeBron, and Pippen.

I consider KG in his prime to be a go to scorer. He just doesn't have the accolades when he was a go to scorer because he was always out a bit earlier in the playoffs compared to TD.

KG basically scored as much as Tim in their primes and both had what was basically an automatic mid range.

I think we may have to agree to disagree on that one. This whole thread has so many debates that could go on forever and a day, but when it comes down to it, I see a prime Duncan being able to have his way in the post with a prime KG but not quite the other way around.
But that's what I'm saying....no amount of reasoning will ever get to the bottome of this. There's a million reasons why either of these teams would win.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2011, 04:59 AM
I think we may have to agree to disagree on that one. This whole thread has so many debates that could go on forever and a day, but when it comes down to it, I see a prime Duncan being able to have his way in the post with a prime KG but not quite the other way around.
But that's what I'm saying....no amount of reasoning will ever get to the bottome of this. There's a million reasons why either of these teams would win.

I actually do think that about Duncan and KG.

But Duncan will struggle to get his against KG.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Team A would kill. You have a team of great players already with a leader who was probably the best ever at making everyone even better. Magic and Kobe on the break with Bird or Ray spotting up for the 3? Or Magic getting the ball to Dream or Duncan in perfect position? Unstoppable!