PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Ruskell, i thank you for......

chad311k9
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Drafting Red Bryant. Without him our defense would be a shell of what it is now. I know you drafted him intent on playing him at DT. But I remember the day I opened up that Madden game, started a franchise, and made "Big Red" my starting DE. I was on big red's jock before any of y'all youngsters knew he was on our depth chart.

What would you like to thank Ruskell for?

Seattle4Ever
09-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Why would you be "on his jock" over a video game? He wasn't even good on Madden.

ChosenReject
09-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Why would you be "on his jock" over a video game? He wasn't even good on Madden.

Isn't he only 79 overall or something?

Seattle4Ever
09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Isn't he only 79 overall or something?

Now he is. But he's saying he knew about him "before we knew he was on the depth chart and before he moved to DE." So that must mean about Madden 09.

furmat60
09-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Hipster.

Seattle4Ever
09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Hipster.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this :laugh2:

ChosenReject
09-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Hipster.
Made me think of this article.

It's pretty funny. lol
http://www.cracked.com/funny-4573-hipster/

NateyB24
09-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Thank him!? Ruskell destroyed our team.

Seattle4Ever
09-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Thank him!? Ruskell destroyed our team.

Yeah....

This....

chad311k9
09-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah I'm just saying I was hyped about Red Bryant and knew he was going to be good. Even while he was battling his injuries I was praying we stuck with him.

Just expressing how bad *** he is and will be, to all you younguns that think you know a lick about the Seahawks.

kyuss275
09-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I thank Mr. Ruskell twice.

Once for bringing in the couple of players that got us over the hump the year we went to the Superbowl ( should be thanking for contributing to winning the Superbowl, but the refs screwed us, yes i am still bitter).

The other time for a thanks was the day he realized he screwed up the team so immensely that he stepped down. You screwed us for years you bastard.

ztilzer31
09-28-2011, 10:57 PM
I like Big Red, but I'm really impressed with the safety play. I was one of the people that thought we should look in free agency or even resign lawyer Milloy at SS. I thought Kam was too young and we were putting to many high hopes on him. Boy was I wrong... He hits hard and is extremely quick. Plus "so far" he doesn't bite hard in order to get the big hit like we use to get out of Ken Hamlin. Great fire and ice at the safety positions.

Seattle4Ever
09-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah I'm just saying I was hyped about Red Bryant and knew he was going to be good. Even while he was battling his injuries I was praying we stuck with him.

Just expressing how bad *** he is and will be, to all you younguns that think you know a lick about the Seahawks.

Why are you talking to us like we're 49er fans?

drew_ellis_23
09-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Why are you talking to us like we're 49er fans?

LMAO, good question!

Baller1
09-29-2011, 02:38 AM

You disappeared for a long time...

It was nice.

ChosenReject
09-29-2011, 08:35 AM
What's the point of this thread? Not trying to rude or anything, but it seems like it might as well be the "Red Bryant is awesome, and no one else realizes it" thread.

Seattle4Ever
09-29-2011, 10:49 AM
He's a hipster.

Big Red was cool... but then people found out he was good.

Hawk Deez Natz
09-29-2011, 02:12 PM
You young guns......He is probabely 13 years old messing with you guys....lol

SDBearsFan
09-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Ugh, this thread has me worried because Ruskell runs our drafts nowadays...

ElFuturoDeESPN
09-30-2011, 12:40 AM
lol at his 2006 draft class:

1. Kelly Jennings CB
2. Darryl Tapp DE
4. Rob Sims OG
5. David Kirtman FB
7. Ryan Plackemeier P
7. Ben Obomanu WR

most of his '07 class was trash too, save for Mebane.

ccg34
09-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Somebody delete this thread or rename it to The Red Bryant Appreciation Thread. Ruskell deserves no praise for what he has done in Seattle. While Ruskell was here, all he did was waste draft picks and sign up aging vets that were over the hill. He never got us our qb of the future. He set us back a couple of years. We went from Super Bowl contenders to a sorry team under his leadership.

Seattle4Ever
09-30-2011, 08:03 PM
lol at his 2006 draft class:

1. Kelly Jennings CB
2. Darryl Tapp DE
4. Rob Sims OG
5. David Kirtman FB
7. Ryan Plackemeier P
7. Ben Obomanu WR

most of his '07 class was trash too, save for Mebane.

Bolded are good picks. Kirtman might be a little high.

I always liked Tapp but I don't think he had value as a 2nd rounder.

alexander_37
09-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Obomanu is probably our 3rd best receiver as a 7th rounder.

Seattle4Ever
09-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Obomanu is probably our 3rd best receiver as a 7th rounder.

We're pretty set at WR.

ztilzer31
09-30-2011, 11:06 PM
We're pretty set at WR.

I like our WR's, but I wouldn't say we're quite set. I'd like a more consistent slot guy then Tate.

steelie
10-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I like our WR's, but I wouldn't say we're quite set. I'd like a more consistent slot guy then Tate.

Let's bring back Housh. Just kidding!

ElFuturoDeESPN
10-01-2011, 02:19 PM
T.O. once he's 100% :drool:

Who am I kidding, I just wanna see some shenanigans at the Link. (Cool if we start calling it that, yet?)

Yendil
10-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Ruskell didn't have much to do with drafting Bryant, Jacob Green did.

NateyB24
10-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Ugh, this thread has me worried because Ruskell runs our drafts nowadays...

Ruskell doesn't run the draft for the Bears he is the advisor to your GM although i sure as heck wouldn't want him giving my GM advise. Guy missed on almost all of his draft picks i think theres like what 2 or 3 still around? Awful just awful.

Seattle4Ever
10-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Ruskell doesn't run the draft he is the advisor to your GM although i sure as heck wouldn't want him giving my GM advise. Guy missed on almost all of his draft picks i think theres like what 2 or 3 still around? Awful just awful.

He had a lot to do with the draft.

It's no coincidence that he was hired in 2005 and we've been **** since then.

NateyB24
10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
He had a lot to do with the draft.

It's no coincidence that he was hired in 2005 and we've been **** since then.

No i meant for the Bears i know he was our GM my bad lol should have worded that differently.

Ruskell should have been fired the day he took the tag off of Hutchinson and used it on Shaun Alexander which was right after the SB.

Seattle4Ever
10-01-2011, 03:53 PM
No i meant for the Bears i know he was our GM my bad lol should have worded that differently.

Ruskell should have been fired the day he took the tag off of Hutchinson and used it on Shaun Alexander which was right after the SB.

****ing Transition Tag :facepalm:

furmat60
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM

You can't be ****ing serious. He was the NFL's leading rusher and he rushed our team into the SB, and you're upset he got the franchise tag? I bet you wouldn't have been upset if he stayed healthy and played another 3+ seasons. We could have worked out a deal for hutch, but we didn't.

Hindsight is always 20-20 my friend. When you realize this, you will have different view points.

I was pissed that we didn't get a deal done with Hutch, but I wasn't upset that Alexander received the franchise tag.

NateyB24
10-01-2011, 05:24 PM
You can't be ****ing serious. He was the NFL's leading rusher and he rushed our team into the SB, and you're upset he got the franchise tag? I bet you wouldn't have been upset if he stayed healthy and played another 3+ seasons. We could have worked out a deal for hutch, but we didn't.

Hindsight is always 20-20 my friend. When you realize this, you will have different view points.

I was pissed that we didn't get a deal done with Hutch, but I wasn't upset that Alexander received the franchise tag.

Hutchinson was still the guy we should have kept the tag on though Holmgren was mad when he found out what Ruskell did.

I never said we should have let Alexander walk though if we had used the tag on Hutch im sure we could have figured out a way to keep Alexander.

Caribou Lou
10-01-2011, 11:20 PM

I sure as hell was. We only had enough cash to keep one of them.

Hutchinson was still the guy we should have kept the tag on though Holmgren was mad when he found out what Ruskell did.

I never said we should have let Alexander walk though if we had used the tag on Hutch im sure we could have figured out a way to keep Alexander.

Definitely wanted this after he put on that Carolina Panthers hat at the pro bowl.

Ian.
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Chad is back? The same guy who went out of his way to tell us he made so much more money than weebs and I did?

:laugh:

I see he's kept his style after all these years.

Seattle4Ever
10-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Chad is the best thread starter we've had since I've joined.

/sarcasm

chad311k9
10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
****ing Transition Tag :facepalm:

Beginning of the end right there. Then Walt's toe injuries. Tobeck retiring. Gray and Mack Strong with their neck injuries. Locklear hitting a wall. We would have never become the laughing stock of the league if the line stayed healthy/together.

chad311k9
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Chad is back? The same guy who went out of his way to tell us he made so much more money than weebs and I did?

:laugh:

I see he's kept his style after all these years.

Got tired of all you clowns. I left to give you guys time to grow up. Appears it hasn't happened. Ya'll punks STILL think you know more about football then me. :shame:

Seattle4Ever
10-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Got tired of all you clowns. I left to give you guys time to grow up. Appears it hasn't happened. Ya'll punks STILL think you know more about football then me. :shame:

Time to grow up? The majority of people on here are like 25-30.

hawks4life
10-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Who the hell is this guy and why does he think he knows so much about football??? What makes you think that your a better armchair athlete than any of us? Where were you when Big Red was drafted? Do us a favour and go to the 49ers forum or something. But then again, they would probably just kick you out of there too. Lol!

Seattle4Ever
10-11-2011, 06:16 PM
^

chad311k9
10-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Hooouuuullluugghhh

bmd1101
10-18-2011, 11:33 PM

And ya'll thought I was bad...

FWBrodie
10-19-2011, 03:35 AM

Bro. You're a ****ing moron.

seahawks509
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Bro. You're a ****ing moron.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:[

seahawks509
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
This kid is cluesless. Anyways I would rather have franchised Hutch instead of Alexander. Not because I know what I know now, but because I feel having a dominant line like that is harder than having a solid RB. I mean for the most part RB are made by what kind of line you have. There are players like Walter Payton, Sanders, and AP that come along, but it's very rare. Losing Hutch was step 1 of our rebuilding process.

shen
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Everyone thought Portis was a steel for Bailey when that trade happened. I remember what Mike said after made the trade "great RB's dime a dozen, can make great RB's, CB's are much harder to find". I bring it up because he was right, you can make a RB into a great RB with right circumstances. Hutch was one of those circumstances.