PDA

View Full Version : Knicks All Time Redraft FINALS: 1. NYC Hustle vs. 3. Brooklyn Knighs

roshan3ai
09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Over the last month your fellow Knicks Forum posters have been participating in a Knicks All Time Redraft. In this game, users act as the GM of a team and are given a pick in the draft randomly. The draft is done snake style, like in NBA 2k11 so each team is given an equal opportunity. Any player who played at least one minute in a Knicks uniform was eligible and the player should be viewed in his prime three years given by the team, not only by his time on the Knicks. We then voted on which six teams should make the playoffs, and now it's playoff voting time. Please read the writeups prior to voting and vote for who you think has the best team.

Keep in mind that NYC has Home Court Advantage

NYC Depth Chart:
PG - Walt Frazier / Chris Childs
SG - Allan Houston / Cazzie Russell / Wilson Chandler
SF - Latrell Sprewell / Chris Mills / Wilson Chandler
PF - Buck Williams / Charles Smith / Maurice Taylor
C - Dikembe Mutombo / Charles Smith / Kelvin Cato

Brooklyn Depth Chart:
PG: Rod Strickland/ Gerald Henderson
SG: Michael Ray Richardson/ Richie Guerin/Tony Campbell
SF: Xavier McDaniel/ Dennis Scott
PF: Vin Baker/ Terry Cummings/Clarence Weatherspoon
C: Patrick EwingAndrew Lang

Neither team submitted a writeup. Please vote for who you think would win in a 7 game series

KnicksorBust
09-27-2011, 08:30 PM
NYC Hustle is the worst possible matchup for Brooklyn. I addressed this in a previous matchup that Brooklyn has fundamental flaws:

First of all, I don't agree with your assumption of having this world class lineup of mid-range shooters. That's a farce. Second of all, it may not be impossible to win a ring with no 3pt shooters in your starting 5 but it damn sure makes it easier to scheme against you. To answer your question your poor shooters are:

Rod Strickland - 27% 3pt shooter
Micheal Ray Richardson - 22% 3pt shooter
Xavier McDaniel - 28% 3pt shooter

Your best shooter went exactly 28 out of 100 in his 3 year peak. Brooklyn has Bellamy and Reed clogging the paint leaving you with little help from the perimeter.

In this series I have an even more defensive frontcourt to clog the paint and force his team into jumpshooters which they clearly are not. Ewing had a decorated career but was significantly worse than his career numbers in his matchups vs. Dikembe:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=ewingpa01&p2=mutomdi01

Ewing only shot 45% on 17ppg-8rpg in his 25 career matchups with Mutombo. This is a far cry from his 21-10 on 50% shooting during his career. This is understandable as Mutombo is one of the 3-4 greatest defensive players of all-time and no one has won more DPOYs (4) than him.

Knowing that we can severely limit his best player is a huge advantage because Brooklyn can't claim the same. Frazier would have a field day on Strickland and our balance should make the difference.

NYC Hustle is built on defense and chemistry. We have four all-defensive team members (including a DPOY) in our starting lineup. We have four options that can score 18-20 points (Frazier/Houston/Spree/Buck) that bring the perfect blend of high post game/shooting/slashing/low post scoring.

Congrats to Brooklyn but we believe NYC Hustle is the stronger team and deserves to win the Knicks ReDraft Championship.

D-Leethal
09-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Man that NYC team just looks like they would compliment each other so well and really has no weakness..........lockdown perimeter defender at PG and on the wing, one of the best interior defenders of all time, best shooter in Knick history at the 2 spot, beast scorer at the 4 spot (what a steal with Buck btw, didn't even realize he played for the Knicks tbh)....not to mention Spree who could shoot the 3 ball and slash with the best of them and Clyde who is Mr. Unselfish and would keep everyone involved and happy.....I hate Charles smith but hes a great 6th man who could play the 4 and 5 and provide that interior presence for the 2nd unit....Chandler, Russel, and Childs pack a sick punch at the 1-2-3 off the bench....

Defense all over the starting lineup and bench, scoring all over the starting line up and bench, unselfish play all over the starting line up and bench, shooters, slashers, post up players, help defenders, man defenders, toughness and class.......I want to make this freakin team on NBA 2k12

I can really just see NYC playing some beautiful team basketball on both ends of the court.

btw, my apologies if I ruined this thing, I kinda made a couple month long hiatus from the forums but that fall air is bringin' me back :hide:

Kind of a crappy time to run something like this when the forum is as dead as its been.....

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Congrats to hustle but I disagree. Ewing finally has a supporting cast that he can rely on. WE have scoring depth up and down this roster. Xman can shut down Spree and while Frazier is the obvious mismatch we have awesome firepower on our bench. Any1 who takes the time to research Richie Guerin and Terry Cummings to say the least closes the gap. Even Andrew Lang who we drafted as our back up Center was an elite shot blocker and solid defender. There whole team is based on the perimeter . We have multiple options in the post and like I said b4 midrange shooters from every position. Outside of Allan Houston all there 3pt shooters are streaky. All I'm saying this matchup is way closer than you think. Let's not just look at Allan, Spree, Frazier, and get too crazy.

KnicksorBust
09-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Man that NYC team just looks like they would compliment each other so well and really has no weakness..........lockdown perimeter defender at PG and on the wing, one of the best interior defenders of all time, best shooter in Knick history at the 2 spot, beast scorer at the 4 spot (what a steal with Buck btw, didn't even realize he played for the Knicks tbh)....not to mention Spree who could shoot the 3 ball and slash with the best of them and Clyde who is Mr. Unselfish and would keep everyone involved and happy.....I hate Charles smith but hes a great 6th man who could play the 4 and 5 and provide that interior presence for the 2nd unit....Chandler, Russel, and Childs pack a sick punch at the 1-2-3 off the bench....

Defense all over the starting lineup and bench, scoring all over the starting line up and bench, unselfish play all over the starting line up and bench, shooters, slashers, post up players, help defenders, man defenders, toughness and class.......I want to make this freakin team on NBA 2k12

I can really just see NYC playing some beautiful team basketball on both ends of the court.

btw, my apologies if I ruined this thing, I kinda made a couple month long hiatus from the forums but that fall air is bringin' me back :hide:

Kind of a crappy time to run something like this when the forum is as dead as its been.....

Thanks for compliments. And unfortunately I agree with the bold. I had high expectations for this especially considering the amount of quality posters I believe we have on the Knicks Forum. For some reason, it didn't even attract them to participate.

Hopefully we get more than 3 votes in the Finals. I'd love to at least read some more commentary on how people think the matchup would go down.

roshan3ai
09-30-2011, 01:02 AM
Vote!

RevisIsland
09-30-2011, 01:15 AM
NYC is the deeper team, gotta give it to them.

roshan3ai
09-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Bump!

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
NYC is the deeper team, gotta give it to them.

How so??? Popular names wise maybe , on talent it's debatable ..

roshan3ai
10-01-2011, 07:34 PM
This one's a rap. Congrats to KoB and omdigga!