PDA

View Full Version : Would the Hornets accept a Westbrook for CP3 trade?

Chill_Will_24
09-24-2011, 12:52 AM
What effect would the trade have on both teams? Does it make the Thunder the instant favorites to take the west and does it put them on par with the Heat?

What about the Hornets? I cant imagine they would get a better return. Would they take this trade?

Sinestro
09-24-2011, 01:23 AM
I don't think the Hornets should pursue the trade but if CP3 is obviously leaving they should explore that trade, it allows the Thunder to get a PG who's willing to defer and better set up Durant and it gives the Hornets a young PG with loads of potential and allows Westbrook to be the man in New Orleans

Cal827
09-24-2011, 01:31 AM
To me that seems like the best possible deal for the Hornets if they lose Paul. I don't understand why exactly Westbrook is being completely written off. So he had a bad playoff run, he's still in his early 20s. He's basically a volume shooter like Derek Rose who seems to have a better passing ability (based on assists per game), while scoring less. If we say that Rose can make modifications to his game to get better, then we should be able to say the same about Westbrook.

Zetterberg40
09-24-2011, 02:12 AM
good deal for both teams I believe although I'm not sure if Paul would agree to an extension which would be needed before Westbrook is let go

eugene
09-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Well, if the Hornets have no other choice, then yes but with all respect, Westbrook is not even close to CP3. One more undersized and not very effective guard which likes to shoot and to have ball in his arms most of the offensive time. Also is not known as a deffensive beast and opposite guard stopper. Not stable and consistent player. Comparing to CP3 which has a great value aroung the league because of his consistency, because of being a defensive presense and being one of very few smalls having a possibility of making an impact on the court, taking over the whole game and making his teammates better. Very often without scoring tonnes of points. In my opinion should trade him for a proven big like Aldridge, Kaman, etc. + a decent PG which is not that difficult to find our days...

Ty Fast
09-24-2011, 03:37 AM
not strait up but good starting points

UPRock
09-24-2011, 03:38 AM
They won't trade Paul.

Evolution23
09-24-2011, 03:40 AM
CP3 going to the Knicks

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 04:00 AM
If they wont be shopping him around this season then they are crazy. westbrook and other pieces is the best deal they could get for him. the thing is i dont think paul would like to be in OKC. Im sure he would like to be in a bigger market like New York. I believe there is a very good chance of him becoming a Knick, it just makes sense.

Chill_Will_24
09-24-2011, 04:13 AM
CP3 going to the Knicks

Nice!!! With him you guya are now the favorites to beat the Heat and take the title! You got a link to the announcement? What did he sign for the MLE?

naps
09-24-2011, 04:30 AM
CP3+Durant = :drool:

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 04:40 AM
Nice!!! With him you guya are now the favorites to beat the Heat and take the title! You got a link to the announcement? What did he sign for the MLE?

its most likely the truth

allSUAVE
09-24-2011, 05:17 AM
no ***** he going to the knicks *****

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-24-2011, 06:48 AM
no ***** he going to the knicks *****

everybody is going to the knicks, lebron, bosh, JJ, boozer and now CP3....oh wait :facepalm:lol

KnicksorBust
09-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Ironic coming from a guy with Dwight Howard in a Nets jersey. :rolleyes:

On topic:

The Hornets need to be proactive about the Paul situation and Westbrook is a good young PG to target. The thought of Durant and Paul in a pick and roll/pop is drool worthy. That could put OKC over the top.

Heediot
09-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Dynasty!

They would win more rings then Miami would.

MTar786
09-24-2011, 08:08 AM
To be honest thats best for both teams.. and yes, i mean a straight up trade.

westbrook wants to be the number 1 option.. and he would run the team like how rose runs the bulls. He is younger than paul too.. qhich give NO time to rebuild a great team.. westbrooke will become like the second coming of baron davis lol.

cp3 is a MUCH better fit for OKC.. and would elevate them to lakers, and dallas level of play.. cp3 would add better defense to the team, better ball movement.. make perkins worth having on the floor AND would make durant even better. Cp3 would also help insert harden into the starting lineup better and have sefolosha as the sub. All OKC would have to do is sign the perfect 6th man and theyd be HUGE contenders. NO would have a brighter future in my eyes too.. especially with the uncertainty they have right now without knowing what cp3 would do in free agency.

Chill_Will_24
09-24-2011, 08:37 AM
To be honest thats best for both teams.. and yes, i mean a straight up trade.

westbrook wants to be the number 1 option.. and he would run the team like how rose runs the bulls. He is younger than paul too.. qhich give NO time to rebuild a great team.. westbrooke will become like the second coming of baron davis lol.

cp3 is a MUCH better fit for OKC.. and would elevate them to lakers, and dallas level of play.. cp3 would add better defense to the team, better ball movement.. make perkins worth having on the floor AND would make durant even better. Cp3 would also help insert harden into the starting lineup better and have sefolosha as the sub. All OKC would have to do is sign the perfect 6th man and theyd be HUGE contenders. NO would have a brighter future in my eyes too.. especially with the uncertainty they have right now without knowing what cp3 would do in free agency.

This what i was thinking too! A straight up trade is not as crazy as ppl make it seem. The trade benefits both teams. Fillers plus maybe a pick or two in the deal and NO walks out as winners.

JordansBulls
09-24-2011, 08:58 AM
For Salary purposes probably need more to get CP3, but if a straight up deal I'd decline if I was New Orleans.

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 09:18 AM
For Salary purposes probably need more to get CP3, but if a straight up deal I'd decline if I was New Orleans.

doubtful it would be a straight up deal, why would you decline though? what would be a better offer?

H0T SAUCE
09-24-2011, 10:18 AM
What if Cp3 becomes a free agent n he signs with Okc.. then trade Westbrook and Perkins for D. Howard

PG* Paul
SG* Harden
SF* Durant
PF* Ibaka
C* Howard

I jizzed :D

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 10:25 AM
What if Cp3 becomes a free agent n he signs with Okc.. then trade Westbrook and Perkins for D. Howard

PG* Paul
SG* Harden
SF* Durant
PF* Ibaka
C* Howard

I jizzed :D

they don't have unlimited cap space

H0T SAUCE
09-24-2011, 10:36 AM
they don't have unlimited cap space

I can dream tho :)

Swashcuff
09-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Knowing that CP3 isn't going to return (pure speculation right now but could change down the road) I'd make such a deal in a millisecond if I was the Hornets. Westbrook is already a top 15 player who is only going to get better, solid on both ends of the floor and extremely clutch. I'd MUCH rather have that than to have CP3 walk for nothing.

It will also have to be Russell+fillers for Paul I highly doubt any team will be able to come with a better package than that. JordanBulls is delusional for thinking the Hornets would hang up the fone and pull out the plug on such a deal.

NYman15
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Not sure it means anything, but the Thunder's GM has come out publicly and said he's not trading Westbrook for Paul.
http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2011/06/04/hornets-gm-refutes-paul-westbrook-trade-rumor/

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Not sure it means anything, but the Thunder's GM has come out publicly and said he's not trading Westbrook for Paul.
http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2011/06/04/hornets-gm-refutes-paul-westbrook-trade-rumor/

well thats a believe when i see it type of thing, there is no way he would turn that down

beasted86
09-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Westbrook + Harden might be a good deal.

Doubt NOLA wants to trade him inter-conference for a much weaker player straight up.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-24-2011, 12:12 PM
With a few picks, granted NO would know they would be late 20s where they draft, but 2 picks maybe and they should.

Obviously only if they know he is 100% leaving.

naps
09-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Ironic coming from a guy with Dwight Howard in a Nets jersey. :rolleyes:

Except the Nets have clear space for Dwight...unlike, unlike, unlike the Knicks for another max contract (CP3).

Sly Guy
09-24-2011, 12:43 PM
good deal for both teams I believe although I'm not sure if Paul would agree to an extension which would be needed before Westbrook is let go

agreed. Paul has to state he'll resign with OKC before a deal like this gets done. But Paul is a much better fit for OKC than Westbrook IMO.

Baller1
09-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Westbrook is 22. He's going to be a top 10 player as soon as next season... I'd make the trade, but I'm completely content with not making it as well.

Randy Marsh
09-24-2011, 05:11 PM
CP3 going to the Knicks

Call me up when it happens.

MTar786
09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Westbrook is 22. He's going to be a top 10 player as soon as next season... I'd make the trade, but I'm completely content with not making it as well.

kobe
dirk
wade
lebron
durant
paul
williams
dwight
gasol
griffin
melo
amare
pierce
rose

those are guys off the top of my head who are better than westbrook.. that what? 13 players who are better just off the top of my head. bosh and nash are arguably better than westbrooke too. he will be top ten in a couple more years if ever. Yet, i still fell a straight up trade for cp3 would be best for both teams

Baller1
09-24-2011, 05:30 PM
kobe
dirk
wade
lebron
durant
paul
williams
dwight
gasol
griffin
melo
amare
pierce
rose

those are guys off the top of my head who are better than westbrook.. that what? 13 players who are better just off the top of my head. bosh and nash are arguably better than westbrooke too. he will be top ten in a couple more years if ever. Yet, i still fell a straight up trade for cp3 would be best for both teams

It's only a matter of time before he passes Kobe, Dirk, and Pierce. And right now he's better than Griffin; that probably won't last, but for now, he's better.

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 05:42 PM
It's only a matter of time before he passes Kobe, Dirk, and Pierce. And right now he's better than Griffin; that probably won't last, but for now, he's better.

i respectfully disagree

Chill_Will_24
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM

What he actually said was that it wasnt a conversation they have had? Not that he would not consider that deal.

Stuckey#3
09-24-2011, 06:04 PM
What effect would the trade have on both teams? Does it make the Thunder the instant favorites to take the west and does it put them on par with the Heat?

What about the Hornets? I cant imagine they would get a better return. Would they take this trade?

If the Thunder didn't do this trade they would be ********.
I still say CP3 will end up in NY...
Even if the hard cap in the new CBA goes through players and corporations (ehem Nike) will find a way to land superstars in major cities. I still think OKC will be fine just the way they are. They could use some veterans with playoff experience coming off the bench... but they will compete regardless.

Stuckey#3
09-24-2011, 06:05 PM
If anything OKC should be moving some of their young talent off the bench and draft picks for veterans... there is no way they will be able to afford to keep all of them in the next over the next couple years.

Guys like Harden, Maynor and Aldrich(after they bring him out of the D league) should have a decent amount of trade value.

MJ-BULLS
09-24-2011, 06:08 PM
I think it would be a good starting point, but I don't see New Orleans trading him anytime soon. In the same time, all signs point to him leaving. Russell Westbrook is a good Way to start a trade for Chris Paul's caliber type of player.

ManningToTyree
09-24-2011, 06:10 PM
It would take more than just Westbrook. It is possible OKC would want to just stick with Westbrook. He is already a good pg and they could use the money CP3 would cost to improve elsewhere, without depleting their roster.

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 06:31 PM
I think it would be a good starting point, but I don't see New Orleans trading him anytime soon. In the same time, all signs point to him leaving. Russell Westbrook is a good Way to start a trade for Chris Paul's caliber type of player.

they would be crazy not to trade him, he is basically gone. hornets shouldve learned a thing or two from lebron, deron, and carmelo

effen5
09-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Trade Durant to the Bulls for Deng

Build around Westbrook....

beasted86
09-24-2011, 07:34 PM
i respectfully disagree

Same here.

I like Westbrook, but Griffin is probably already better

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 07:34 PM

durant is a top 5 player, deng is barely top 5 at his position

beasted86
09-24-2011, 07:40 PM

Trade Rose to the Thunder for Westbrook

Build around Deng.....

effen5
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM

Build around Deng.....

That wouldn't be fair for the league.....Rose to the Thunder with Durant would basically destroy any team.

and Westbrook's overrated....

thenetslegend
09-24-2011, 07:56 PM
That wouldn't be fair for the league.....Rose to the Thunder with Durant would basically destroy any team.

and Westbrook's overrated....

if you think he is overrated why did you suggest the thunder build around him?

lvlheaded
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
if you think he is overrated why did you suggest the thunder build around him?

I think he was being sarcastic. At least Id hope so to suggest trading KD35 :)

ewmania
09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
i feel that would be a great move for the hornets and thunder

i believe its equal value... hornets get a young star to build they team around who obviously wants to takeover games and be the main scorer also dish every now and then

thunder get a veteran PG who's pass first and would average atleast 12 to 13 assists being on a team with durant & ibaka

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2011, 12:06 AM

Build around Deng.....

:laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
09-25-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm pretty sure even my cat would know enough to take CP3 for Westbrook.

It might actually make sense for the Hornets. Smaller, longer contract (or as long at least), where as keeping CP3 means they could lose him for nothing, or end up having him take up practically half the cap space and they'd be unable to building around him without working wonders in the draft. It'd be like the Gernett effect in Minny.

If CP3 wants to stay, I'd keep him, but if they know he wants to go, I'd move him to a better situation.

Punk
09-25-2011, 03:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ40vZS-IL4

Listen to what he says closely.

Now, watch as he avoids the direction question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zmKA7NQGY&feature=related

Similar to what Melo did. There is your answer.

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2011, 08:45 PM

I hope your sig is not supposed to prove how great of a defender Melo is... Outlaw :facepalm:

ewmania
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
I hope your sig is not supposed to prove how great of a defender Melo is... Outlaw :facepalm:

smh you would go to the heights of disrespecting your own player just to bash Melo.. especially in a NBA forum

wow what a fan u are lol

Kakaroach
09-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Would be crazy, but what would OKC throw in? Ibaka is out of the question so Sefolosha?

Hornets could be able to get a better deal than that.

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM

Im not seeing what your trying to show me...

The first video of highlight made the Knicks look like a beasts!! Almost made me forget they got swept!

The other one was CP3 being loyal to his squad and avoiding the question cuz you never know what could happen... After all he COULD end up in NY depending on what the new CBA brings which is what he was implying imo

Dwight is saying almost the same exact thing

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Would be crazy, but what would OKC throw in? Ibaka is out of the question so Sefolosha?

Hornets could be able to get a better deal than that.

From WHO?!

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2011, 08:59 PM
smh you would go to the heights of disrespecting your own player just to bash Melo.. especially in a NBA forum

wow what a fan u are lol

LOL Travis Outlaw is a disgrace to the sport. Check any stat you want whether advanced or per.. im not savvy on finding them but im sure a more intelligent fan could easily prove to you how utterly useless Travis was last year

MrfadeawayJB
09-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I think it would be a best case scenario for the hornets. It already seems like Paul is counting down the days to free agency, where he will likely sign elsewhere to a team like the Knicks. If I was NO i would make that trade instantly. If i was OKC i would be a little more hesitant, but still do it because i feel that Durant and Westbrook will clash again offensively like they did in the playoffs last season

Evolution23
09-25-2011, 09:23 PM

outlaw is the blueprint to success :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2011, 09:39 PM
outlaw is the blueprint to success :facepalm:

I know right