PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavaliers guard Baron Davis declines internship offer

Arch Stanton
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Baron Davis declines internship offer.

In an era of one-and-dones, Baron Davis is staying in school. So says the 32-year-old history major at UCLA.

The Cavaliers guard graciously declined an offer to intern at a Cleveland-based public relations/advertising firm during the NBA lockout. He is taking advantage of the league's work stoppage to pursue his degree.

Here is Davis' response in an email sent to the Plain Dealer from his agent:

Dear Liggett Stashower,

Thanks so much for the offer to become an intern with your company. I checked with my UCLA professors and unfortunately they told me I can't miss class unless its for a basketball game. When my job resumes, I'd love to come by your office and meet all of you. As long as you're Cavs fans and ready to cheer us on this next season...I won't even mind getting you coffee!

Regards,

Baron Davis aka BoomDizzle

Liggett Stashower had tried wooing him -- and gaining a little attention for itself -- with this open letter the company put online.

It appears the only thing that will draw Davis away from his studies is a resolution to the lockout. Sides representing NBA owners and the players union meet again Thursday.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/09/cleveland_cavaliers_guard_baro.html

Ovratd1up
09-22-2011, 10:25 PM
So today I gained a ton of respect for Baron Davis and Rashard Lewis. Kobe the other day. What's next, Durant releases a sex tape?

Geargo Wallace
09-22-2011, 10:34 PM
So today I gained a ton of respect for Baron Davis and Rashard Lewis. Kobe the other day. What's next, Durant releases a sex tape?

What would we name it? "The Thunder Down Under"??? I'm not that creative right now.

I like B Diddy a lot. I just wish he showed the same enthusiasm towards his basketball career more often. He was such a talented PG.

CB29
09-22-2011, 10:35 PM

:laugh2:

CB29
09-22-2011, 10:41 PM
What would we name it? "The Thunder Down Under"??? I'm not that creative right now.

I like B Diddy a lot. I just wish he showed the same enthusiasm towards his basketball career more often. He was such a talented PG.

all i got is durants pants?

chicago lulz
09-22-2011, 11:54 PM
If B Diddy was in my class, and needed help with homework or studies, I'd be like "Let me assist you with that" with a **** eating grin on my face hoping he would chuckle.