PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Camby arrested for weed

spreadeagle
09-22-2011, 07:44 PM
HOUSTON (AP)

NBA veteran Marcus Camby is free on bond after police in suburban Houston arrested him on a charge of marijuana possession.

Blazers at a glance

Portland Trail Blazers
Looking for the latest on the Blazers? Get the inside slant, stats, scores, schedules and more scoops right here.

Camby was in a Porsche pulled over Monday for what police called an equipment violation. Pearland police Lt. Onesimo Lopez says an officer detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle and they found less than two ounces of the drug inside.

Camby and another person inside, Kendal Johnson, were arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone because the arrest occurred near a school. Both were released on individual $2,000 bonds.

Court records did not show an attorney for either individual.

Camby, who was arrested in 1997 in Connecticut for marijuana possession, played last season with the Portland Trail Blazers. The 15-year NBA veteran is 37 years old.
LOL at drug free zone...isnt everywhere illegal to have drugs?
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Portland-Trail-Blazers-center-Marcus-Camby-charged-with-marijuana-092211

smith&wesson
09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
oh god. its weed. let the man smoke his weed. he is a millionare driving a porche he aint selling it to no little kids.

Cal827
09-22-2011, 08:46 PM
oh boo hoo

gwrighter
09-22-2011, 08:47 PM
i ran into him when i was Vegas & he looked higher then a muh

Buz
09-22-2011, 09:22 PM
lulz

Mudvayne91
09-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah, seeing him Denver for a long time, I could of told ya that.

Tony_Starks
09-22-2011, 09:25 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Portland-Trail-Blazers-center-Marcus-Camby-charged-with-marijuana-092211

Man thats the same thing I thought? Like where are the designated drug ok zones?

jetsfan28
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM

Pretty sure it makes it a misdemeanor instead of a violation

Mishmin
09-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Cambo gettin lifted.

Strumpy
09-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Pulled over for an equipment violation? Really? Really????? Man, cops will make the biggest excuses to just pull people over.

gwrighter
09-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Pulled over for an equipment violation? Really? Really????? Man, cops will make the biggest excuses to just pull people over.

they don't need a reason, the USA is terrible for that. Cops don't even really know the law or what is in their jurisdiction.

tredigs
09-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Probably Jerome Simpsons'. Thatt summuma!!

Geargo Wallace
09-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Adda boy!

CrasH-X
09-23-2011, 12:00 AM
If he stayed with the Raps he could have had quadruple that and the cops would have just got their pictures taken with him !!

Andrew32
09-23-2011, 12:30 AM
They should legalize it already.

PraiseJesus
09-23-2011, 12:52 AM
I bet it was Kush

Bruno
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Regarding this offense, it's disheartening how this country is still operating under a groundless law passed back in 1937. Hurst and other political hustlers from his day were sick of competing with the hemp industry. In reality it's as simple as that, although the moral majority has tried to distort that past.

Fact: There was once a time in colonial America where it was ILLEGAL to NOT grow hemp if you were a land-holding white male. Seems ridiculous how we continue to outlaw what would be a booming industry during a recession. The christian-right/big-tobacco/alcohol industry all spend a lot of time/money in the attempt to keep the status quo.

As far as Camby/NBA goes, he's untouchable for this during the lockout. This will probably be the last we hear of it. And should we be surprised? He's a Trail-Blazer ;)

Antipod
09-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Stern, owners ... we need a season ASAP, do you see what`s happening with the players??? :D :D

Bruno
09-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Also, seems like the "probable cause" used to justify pulling him over was straight rubbish.

Geargo Wallace
09-23-2011, 12:58 AM
I would love to have some kushhhhhhhh right now. Anyone else?

JoeDirt05
09-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Man thats the same thing I thought? Like where are the designated drug ok zones?

WASHINGTON STATE!!! lol

JoeDirt05
09-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Also, seems like the "probable cause" used to justify pulling him over was straight rubbish.

its called the black man in an expensive car cause its wrong in so many ways but we know its true

tshwhhh
09-23-2011, 01:50 AM
not surprised, especially portland players, haha, kush rocks!!!!

Sadds The Gr8
09-23-2011, 01:58 AM
what a crackhead!

Mudvayne91
09-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Well, I wouldn't call him a crackhead as much as a pothead....

Your sig makes me laugh every time btw.

MJ-BULLS
09-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Always knew he smoked weed.

sunnydayin'zona
09-23-2011, 02:23 AM
He should just stay in Oregon with his bud. Even the cops in Oregon are stoned, haha

spreadeagle
09-23-2011, 02:29 AM

If anyone finds out let me know hahaha

DodgerBulls
09-23-2011, 02:54 AM

A place where you can buy cannabis legally for medical purposes.

Shops like this. I live nearby this place and it is very annoying to get asked by random people asking you for loose change. You ask them why? They answer for food, which is right next door, but they go straight here. The time you feel sympathetic for needy people, and this is what they do.

http://sunsetorganiccenter.com/index.php

If anyone finds out let me know hahaha

Go to places like the link I provided above. You can also smoke on some shops.

PS: Did I mention that there is also an elementary school just at the end of the block.

Wisdom Listens
09-23-2011, 03:08 AM
They should legalize it already.

Even if they do the NBA will still ban it.

BlinkManJan02
09-23-2011, 03:36 AM
oh god. its weed. let the man smoke his weed. he is a millionare driving a porche he aint selling it to no little kids.

agreed !!

sventhedog
09-23-2011, 03:47 AM
smoke weed everyday?

Lim
09-23-2011, 08:49 AM
damn he is pretty darn good at basketball considering he been smoking since 1997 at least

DaBUU
09-23-2011, 09:04 AM
so damn silly arresting people for having weed, it grows in the damn ground. Its like arresting someone for carrying a dandelion in their pocket. silly ****

gwrighter
09-23-2011, 09:10 AM
so damn silly arresting people for having weed, it grows in the damn ground. Its like arresting someone for carrying a dandelion in their pocket. silly ****

have you heard of DMT?

illegal substance to have & use but your brain produces it naturally.

todu82
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't smoke it but I agree legalize it already.

Andrew32
09-23-2011, 10:32 AM
have you heard of DMT?

DMT is some crazy ****... wouldn't mind trying some one day. :D

On another note I think Weed is mentally addictive even if its not physically addictive.

Evolution23
09-23-2011, 10:33 AM

Exactly, Its just weed! Plus he plays for the Blazers! What you expect? lol

Evolution23
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
I dont wana get all political but too many people are being sent to jail for minor drug possesion with no intent to sell. If it's for personal use why waste tax payers money on jails?

DaBUU
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
have you heard of DMT?

yeah, i've read DMT is what your brain releases when you're about to die. Thats why people see lights and tunnels, and dead relatives.

DaBUU
09-23-2011, 10:59 AM
I dont wana get all political but too many people are being sent to jail for minor drug possesion with no intent to sell. If it's for personal use why waste tax payers money on jails?

US Prisons are a for-profit industry and they need their free slave labor. This is why weed, and most drugs are still illegal.

Sly Guy
09-23-2011, 12:29 PM
don't the state police have anything better to do? Seriously.

Wisdom Listens
09-23-2011, 03:32 PM
have you heard of DMT?

Ironically you can also extract it from plants and flowers (i.e. dandelions).

bmd1101
09-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Pretty sure it makes it a misdemeanor instead of a violation

LOL

It varies, but in Washington it means double fine double jail time, and in some cases moves it from misdemeanor to felony.

Generally around here they pull anyone over for anything at night time because Sobriety Checkpoints were deemed unconstitutional. The smallest ding in the windshield, improper tinting, if they "think" you aren't wearing a seatbelt, my favorite "your license plate isn't visible from 50ft away", or you have a tail light out which quickly changes to opps! I just didn't realize the configuration of you tail lights but I still need to see your license insurance and reg, will get you pulled over.

metsfanssince05
09-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Let the man smoke a pound a weed ffs

championships
09-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Legalize already.

You know what the problem is?

It would be legal by now but everytime we get a chance to vote on it, The pot heads are too lazy or paranoid to actually get up to go vote. :laugh2:

showtym24
09-23-2011, 08:08 PM
You ever see the back of a twentey dollar bill..... On weeeeed?

3mikee_
09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Legalize already.

You know what the problem is?

It would be legal by now but everytime we get a chance to vote on it, The pot heads are too lazy or paranoid to actually get up to go vote. :laugh2:

LOL...so much truth in this post

Gram
09-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Ahahaha.

Law25
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Regarding this offense, it's disheartening how this country is still operating under a groundless law passed back in 1937. Hurst and other political hustlers from his day were sick of competing with the hemp industry. In reality it's as simple as that, although the moral majority has tried to distort that past.

Fact: There was once a time in colonial America where it was ILLEGAL to NOT grow hemp if you were a land-holding white male. Seems ridiculous how we continue to outlaw what would be a booming industry during a recession. The christian-right/big-tobacco/alcohol industry all spend a lot of time/money in the attempt to keep the status quo.
As far as Camby/NBA goes, he's untouchable for this during the lockout. This will probably be the last we hear of it. And should we be surprised? He's a Trail-Blazer ;)

Who's the real killer and why some dont fully trust the lawmakers

430,000 - 435,000 thousand people per year die from smoking

During 2001, 54,847 men and 20918 women, a total of 75,766 people died Alcohol related deaths.

Statistically, death directly from marijuana overdose is extremely rare. The CDC reports that between 1999 and 2007, there were 26 deaths with marijuana as an underlying cause, in the United States. This was out of a counted population of 2,615,523,905. When it comes to smoking, most statistics say it will take about 800 joints in a short period of time to actually overdose a person to the point of death. A person should be vomiting or passed out well before this point. When used long term, the smoke itself does contain chemicals that can eventually cause respiratory issues, such as COPD or cancer.

No surprise Camby was aressted. This is an short from businessinsider.com date October of last year..

White people between the ages of 18 and 25 use marijuana at a higher rate than their black peers, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, so you would naturally assume that young white people would also have a higher arrest rate for marijuana possession than young black people. But that's not the case. A report released last week found that police in California's biggest cities arrest blacks for possession at four, five and even 13 times the rate of whites

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/blacks-smoke-marijuana-less-get-arrested-less-2010-10#ixzz1Z0aD8fNm .

I'm sure thats not just for California considering this happens despite all the diversity here.

Ovratd1up
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM

Posting this just so it gets attention... but as far as who spends money to keep it illegal, all you mentioned are valid, but pharmaceutical companies and private prisons are above all of them. Legalizing cannabis would be devastating to both industries