PDA

View Full Version : 2nd wild card

Joemoes
09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
If there was a 2nd wild card it would be so less exciting. Tampa Boston and angels all fighting it out with cardinals, Atlanta and Sam fram in nl.

It would be really boring. But that's just this season maybe next year it'd be better.

thenetslegend
09-22-2011, 06:53 PM
mlb needs the 2nd WC, it would be just as exciting

DodgerBlue8188
09-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I just don't want the playoffs to extend longer.

CHRISDODGERS
09-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I'd keep it the same, but make the 1st round a 7 game series. 5 games is a crapshoot.

"Ace"ves
09-22-2011, 07:01 PM
why don't we forget the regular season and just give EVERYONE a playoff spot. Make it a big tournament, that was its REALLY exciting.

Come on people, stop with this already, 1 wild card is plenty

getfoul
09-22-2011, 07:01 PM
I hate to be a broken record, but the 2nd wildcard (or 5th playoff team) would only work if they eliminate divisions.

There would just be too many problems with seeding if they just add another wildcard and keep divisions.

I want top 3 making the playoffs based on a balanced schedule, and 4 and 5 play a best-of-3 to get in.

Since they aren't moving a team to the AL next year, I hope they keep the current format for 2012. Then move a team (D-backs) to the AL in 2013, and eliminate divisions and play a close-to-balanced schedule.

todu82
09-23-2011, 09:28 AM
No. It gives teams extra revenue and it means there's something more to play for in September.

2009mvp
09-23-2011, 09:35 AM
There would be just as much of a race as there is right now. The Angels/Rays would be fighting for the final AL spot, the Cards/Giants would be fighting for the final NL spot.

Joemoes
09-29-2011, 12:34 AM
With a 2nd wild card today means nothing. Cardinals braves Tampa Boston might as well forfeit last game of season for rest or even 3 in cardinal and braves case.

RTL
09-29-2011, 12:45 AM
This was the greatest night of baseball I have ever had the pleasure of watching and was probably the greatest in the history of the sport. With there was a 2nd WC this season, tonight would have been meaningless.

fadedmario
09-29-2011, 12:47 AM
This was the greatest night of baseball I have ever had the pleasure of watching and was probably the greatest in the history of the sport. With there was a 2nd WC this season, tonight would have been meaningless.

x2 - 2nd wildcard is a horrible idea

getfoul
09-29-2011, 01:23 AM
I was watching tonight still thinking if they add a playoff team the only way to do it is without divisions and a balanced schedule. The number will be lower than 90 and will bring more teams into the mix.

But what a great night.

BKdoubleStacker
09-29-2011, 01:29 AM
why don't we forget the regular season and just give EVERYONE a playoff spot. Make it a big tournament, that was its REALLY exciting.

Come on people, stop with this already, 1 wild card is plenty

Says teh yankee fan with a 1 billion dollar payroll. Must be nice to be in the playoffs every year huh?

I doubt youd be singing the same tune if you were a fan of any other team not named boston.

"Ace"ves
09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Says teh yankee fan with a 1 billion dollar payroll. Must be nice to be in the playoffs every year huh?

I doubt youd be singing the same tune if you were a fan of any other team not named boston.

What? You just contradict yourself here.

Since we have a "1 billion dollar payroll", we are in the playoffs every year. And yet a team like Boston didn't make it this year, rather a team that unloaded the majority of their established players (like Crawford....who went to Boston) with a low payroll did make it.

Way to go genius.

And if there was a 2nd wild card, would help the yankees make it even more so... i dont want it cause how many teams are we letting in?

MetsFanatic19
09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
i would love it if they put in a second. IMO too many teams get jipped (example: 2 teams fighting for the wild card with 95 wins but a team in a crappy division goes to the playoffs with 85 wins)