PDA

View Full Version : NBA Lockout Update - Sudden Movement being made/LAC Reps Selling Tickets?

Punk
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
That small meeting yesterday has resulted into a much larger one today.

Staff members representing the owners and players met for a few hours on Wednesday.

On Thursday, Commissioner David Stern, Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver and other top negotiators from the league will meet with executive director Billy Hunter, president Derek Fisher of the Lakers, who was flying overnight to New York, and others from the union.
Via Sacramento Bee

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/215665/Small_Meeting_Held_On_Wednesday_Top_Negotiators_To _Convene_On_Thursday#ixzz1YhNEOtW1

New Amnesty Protection Concept:

Owners have a consensus, according to sources, that they want to have an amnesty clause upon completion of a new collective bargaining agreement.

Unlike the previous agreement in 2005, teams would not have the salary count against the cap.

The clause was widely nicknamed as 'The Allan Houston Rule' even though the Knicks ultimately didn't use the provision upon him.

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/215670/Sources_New_Amnesty_Protection_Wont_Count_Against_ Cap#ixzz1YhNoC2Na

Some fans on Twitter are getting calls on their tickets for the 11-12 Clipper season tickets.

TheFrancisPablo THE Francis Pablo
LAC rep just called me to buy season tickets. He must know something too.

My friend in LA also received an email about season ticket offers. Which is extremely weird.

ChrisKaman's twitter:

So I heard from the inside that we might actually have a full season still and some low key meetings r going on right now!

ChrisKaman Chris Kaman
I bet they don't see when I get dressed! RT @birdmanjr323: @ChrisKaman the NBA see's everything, watch it!

So, Birdman basically is telling him to keep quiet about that information. Interestingly enough.

*Fingers crossed*

DoMeFavors
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
im happy, hopefully soon a deal is agreed on

Will 2 BE
09-22-2011, 01:01 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

DaBUU
09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
My people in the know also tell me something is close.

(I really dont have people, just want to keep the good vibes going!)
Please lets get this done. :ohno::pray:

ChiSox219
09-22-2011, 01:41 PM
The one game I want to see is Nov 8th, so the season has to start if I'm going to be able to see Blake Griffin in person this year. :crosses fingers:

Shmontaine
09-22-2011, 01:55 PM
The one game I want to see is Nov 8th, so the season has to start if I'm going to be able to see Blake Griffin in person this year. :crosses fingers:

in order for the current schedule to remain, not one game can be missed... if a game does get cancelled, an entirely new schedule is made... at least that's my understanding...

ChiSox219
09-22-2011, 01:58 PM
in order for the current schedule to remain, not one game can be missed... if a game does get cancelled, an entirely new schedule is made... at least that's my understanding...

Fine with me as long as the Clippers play at Chicago.

Shmontaine
09-22-2011, 01:59 PM
i hope so, i'd much rather them cancel an kings game or twolves, rather than a clips game in chi

NYman15
09-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Hopefully they get something done, but they gotta get it done soon if they want the season to start on time.

king4day
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I got calls about Bobcats tickets a month ago. Caman's posts are interesting but ticket sale calls are nothing new.

Stack_NJNets
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Chacarron
09-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I can't live without watching basketball and I do not want to resort myself to watching college basketball (unless it's March).

Pierzynski4Prez
09-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Some guy from the bulls has been calling me this week to talk about season tickets.

Gators123
09-22-2011, 03:18 PM
KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern and Silver just emerged from labor meeting and deflected all detailed questions about the talks. They hope to meet again next week.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern said he had "no announcement to make today" regarding the canceling of training camps and/or preseason.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Stern and Silver bailed, offered nothing. You can expect the next step today or tomorrow will be to cancel 1st two weeks of training camp.

Stack_NJNets
09-22-2011, 03:27 PM
No progress... http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/thursday-labor-talks-end-with-little-progress-again

iggypop123
09-22-2011, 04:09 PM
yahoo sports says both sides dug in today. why that process took 6 hours is another question

Gators123
09-22-2011, 04:18 PM
****, this is ********.

NYman15
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not surprised. I've been pessimistic from the start. They have a ton of issues and they completely disagree on one of the main ones, a hard cap. They have to figure that out and watching Derek Fisher on ESPN yesterday, he showed no willingness to budge on the hard cap. I think its gonna be a long lockout with an announcement coming out soon saying training camp has been canceled. Unfortunately, the best case scenario, in my opinion, is a shortened season.

b_russ
09-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Very sucky

DodgerBulls
09-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Clippers offering tickets are nothing new. Hell, I even have their ticket sales representatives named as 'Don't Answer, It's Clippers' on my phone because they just won't stop calling. Anyway, they even tried selling packages on their website during the lockout not too long ago.

knicks=love
09-22-2011, 05:39 PM
I can't live without watching basketball and I do not want to resort myself to watching college basketball (unless it's March).

this. and unless it Pitt, so i can watch my buddy tear it up.

metsfanssince05
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Well this sucks....

Stack_NJNets
09-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Anyone see the Fisher video?

Cosmic_Canon
09-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Owners are offering crap deals, while players are not willing to get screwed.
We miss the season, unless the owners cancel thought of hard cap, and actually incorporate revenue spending.

Tony_Starks
09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
The owners could care less because so far Deron Williams is the only "star" to go overseas. I really think guys like Kobe and Lebron should be a little more public with their frustration about the owners total ambivalence toward the season and start lobbying for more stars to leave if they sacrifice games.

bholly
09-22-2011, 08:30 PM
i hope so, i'd much rather them cancel an kings game or twolves, rather than a clips game in chi

the worst bit for you is that in the last lockout those were exactly the games they cancelled - the inter-conference games. philly only played 6 games vs the west - 3 at home and 3 on the road.

thenetslegend
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
since there will be a lockout i hope all the idiots that only know who lebron, kobe, and garnett are will stop watching, that would be a big positive from the lockout.

lakers4sho
09-23-2011, 12:50 AM
the Clippers...the Clippers.