:dance2::dance2:
:dance2:

jd25213
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
and boston has to be happy that Tampa lost again

gotcabrera10
09-21-2011, 11:22 PM
and boston has to be happy that Tampa lost again

Lucky ****'s oh well. THREE MORE CHAMPAGNE PARTIES TO GO!

fadedmario
09-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Congrats Yankees fans. Well deserved when everyone on here crowned the Red Sox division champs before the season started.

fadedmario
09-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Lucky ****'s oh well. THREE MORE CHAMPAGNE PARTIES TO GO!

Still have to get through Detroit. :D

infernoscurse
09-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Boston Red Sox AL East Champions.

You'll see.

You don't win the division after 40 games.

I guess according to a Yankee fan, being 4 games back with 120 games to play is impossible to catch up to the division leader?

I'll come rain on your parade when the season's over. Wink Wink

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17864273&postcount=121

:clap:

rkelly7
Red sox are going to win the division unless you resign pettite and get another good starter, the yankees SP is average at best, even worse without petite, Burnett is terrible, Yankees need a miracle, should have offered lee 300 mill.....

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15994239&postcount=24

http://www.infernoscurse.com/images/1lastsup.jpg

:D

Toxeryll
09-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Congrats, i really thought Boston was gonna win it.

jd25213
09-21-2011, 11:29 PM
I think I was one of the only guys on here saying we would win the East.

09-21-2011, 11:30 PM
I think I was one of the only guys on here saying we would win the East.

I have the Yankees as the division champs every year.

jd25213
09-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I have the Yankees as the division champs every year.

I have us winning the World Series every year;), but notice I said one of, I know there were others saying we would make it.

09-21-2011, 11:37 PM
I have us winning the World Series every year;), but notice I said one of, I know there were others saying we would make it.

Doom and gloom posters in the Yankees forum can get back on the bandwagon. :laugh2:

Tmath
09-21-2011, 11:40 PM
:yawn:

oak2455
09-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Still have to get through Detroit. :D

you guys home field? lol... listen best of luck hopefully see you in round two, and thats for the both:clap::clap::clap:

infernoscurse
09-21-2011, 11:49 PM
we dont see them in round 2

DodgerB24
09-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Better you than the Sox.

oak2455
09-22-2011, 12:00 AM
we dont see them in round 2

who do we see???

carson005
09-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Oh Boston :laugh2:

Can't even beat Baltimore anymore

sexicano31
09-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Yankees suck, **** the yankees, not hard to win when you spend all that money, etc. etc.

Congrats guys

JobaRules26
09-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Way to go Bombers! I am hoping for a 2004 ALCS rematch. Payback is a *****! LOL great season tho, big thanks to Freddy and Bartolo...they battled all year! Jeter gets to 3k, MO breaks the save record, granderson in the MVP hunt. A 28th title would put everyhing together!

Superiority
09-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Sweet, now let's let the Rays win tomorrow.

NYY NYJ NYK
09-22-2011, 01:34 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview/2011/news/story?page=11expertpicks
LOL 45/45 ESPN "experts" picked the Red Sox to win the AL East.
...Yep they don't have a Boston bias :rolleyes:

DodgersFanFor23
09-22-2011, 02:09 AM
^ The ONLY reason I root against Boston is for this fact... They are so overrated.... In any sport

-Lavigne43-
09-22-2011, 03:40 AM

Well he did say the Yankees would need a miracle. I'd say what the Yankees ended up getting from Colon, Garcia, and even Nova is pretty miraculous.

iam brett favre
09-22-2011, 03:42 AM
:dance2: :dance: :dance2: :dance: :dance2: :dance: :dance2:
:clap: :nod: :D :clap: :nod: :D
Granderson for MVP

AI
09-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Congrats. But I think Boston lost the division by playing so poorly lately, the team your seeing lately is not who we really are. Losing Buchholz has really ****ed us but oh well, I'll gladly take the WC - I just want to make it into the postseason and would love to see a Sox vs Yanks ALCS. Those are always epic!

nycsports2
09-22-2011, 05:49 AM

:clap:bahahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CavsYanksDuke
09-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Great season in general. So many twists and new faces this year. Parity is fun, but winning is necessary for us. :)

onlythisfar41
09-22-2011, 08:21 AM

There is literally nothing more rewarding than reading things like this. It brings a smile right to my face.

TrueYankee
09-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Congrats. But I think Boston lost the division by playing so poorly lately, the team your seeing lately is not who we really are. Losing Buchholz has really ****ed us but oh well, I'll gladly take the WC - I just want to make it into the postseason and would love to see a Sox vs Yanks ALCS. Those are always epic!

I really dont think losing Bucholz is a valid excuse for the Yankees winning the division. We BEGAN the season with a once great Hughes on the DL since his fastball wont budge over 90mph, washed up players like Colon/Garcia in the roation, and a terrible AJ Burnett.

Its just guys really stepped it up for us and alot of them go overlooked. Wade, Ayala, Robertson, Nunez, etc...there are so many guys that stepped up big time for us and people thought they were AAA players at best.

But I agree, Red Sox/Yankees ALCS would be epic as always

Appstate2012
09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
I remember all the hate i got when we had the div prediction thread before the season started. When i had the yanks taking the east, and boston missing the playoffs. now if part two only comes true

colinskik
09-22-2011, 11:00 AM
This is great. Go Yanks.

Now we lose today vs. TB, and then sweep the Sox out of the playoffs.

I would love to beat the Sox in the ALCS, but I'd love even more if they didn't make it. hahahahaah

waffles
09-22-2011, 11:04 AM
i'm really pumped that the Yankees won the division, but if they end up facing the Red Sox in the ALCS, it's going to be really tough to beat them. CC, AJ, and Garcia don't really pitch well against the Red Sox (or so it seems). so they pretty much have to out-hit them and pitch well out of the pen.

nycericanguy
09-22-2011, 11:18 AM
i'm really pumped that the Yankees won the division, but if they end up facing the Red Sox in the ALCS, it's going to be really tough to beat them. CC, AJ, and Garcia don't really pitch well against the Red Sox (or so it seems). so they pretty much have to out-hit them and pitch well out of the pen.

The Sox have a tough lineup no doubt. But I really don't think AJ or Garcia would pitch against the Sox.

Nova is their clear #2 now, maybe Colon or Hughes pitches game 3.

Appstate2012
09-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Garcia will be game #3. Think Colon/Hughes will be in the bullpen, with AJ the #4 starter based on his last post season perforemance

NYYrdbest
09-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Congrats Yankees fans. Well deserved when everyone on here crowned the Red Sox division champs before the season started.

Way to go Mario, you have good memory

During the winter meetings back in December 2010, virtually everybody claimed that Boston won the meetings and the Yankees lost by not being able to sign Cliff the arrogant Lee.

The sports experts claimed that signing Crawford and trading for Gonzalez made Boston a prohibited favorite and that the Yankees will not be even going to make it to the playoffs. Also they considered the NYY losers for not trading for nobody at the July deadline. Sometimes the best trade is the one you did not make. Remember Nova and Montero for Jimenez?

Once again the Yankees proved the experts and the redsox fans wrong. Eat your heart out redsox. :silly:

Thanks to the team and the players. NYY are the best, now and ever!!! :cheers::laugh::worthy:

Congratulations!!! :clap:

Anyway, last nighty was fun, but the real deal is to win the WS, here come the Yankees!

Pinstripe pride
09-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Booya!

DJYankee
09-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Yankees suck, **** the yankees, not hard to win when you spend all that money, etc. etc.

Congrats guys

Didn't even sign anybody last off-season...

DJYankee
09-22-2011, 01:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview/2011/news/story?page=11expertpicks
LOL 45/45 ESPN "experts" picked the Red Sox to win the AL East.
...Yep they don't have a Boston bias :rolleyes:

That's unbelievable not one picked us to win the division. We been through hell this season.

Mr Haha
09-22-2011, 01:58 PM
This team overcame a lot of odds to get where they are. And on here, the Yankees forum has been so retardedly negative all year, and NO ONE picked them and their scrap-heap signings were pathetic and they were too old and Jeter was washed up and blah blah blah blah blah...

Of all the division crowns I've seen, this one might be the sweetest.

AI
09-22-2011, 03:38 PM
I really dont think losing Bucholz is a valid excuse for the Yankees winning the division. We BEGAN the season with a once great Hughes on the DL since his fastball wont budge over 90mph, washed up players like Colon/Garcia in the roation, and a terrible AJ Burnett.

Its just guys really stepped it up for us and alot of them go overlooked. Wade, Ayala, Robertson, Nunez, etc...there are so many guys that stepped up big time for us and people thought they were AAA players at best.

But I agree, Red Sox/Yankees ALCS would be epic as always

I think the ship has sailed on calling Colon, Garcia, etc washed up. Yankees have one of MLB's best starting rotation ERA's. You have depth. Losing Buchholz and Dice-K to a lesser extent has caused us to rely on question marks like Miller, Wakefield, Weiland when normally they wouldn't be starting. Difference between teams? Your question marks (mostly Colon and Garcia) have had miraculous seasons which NOBODY expected, our question marks? I believe they all have ERA's above 6.

MelanconMadness
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I think the ship has sailed on calling Colon, Garcia, etc washed up. Yankees have one of MLB's best starting rotation ERA's. You have depth. Losing Buchholz and Dice-K to a lesser extent has caused us to rely on question marks like Miller, Wakefield, Weiland when normally they wouldn't be starting. Difference between teams? Your question marks (mostly Colon and Garcia) have had miraculous seasons which NOBODY expected, our question marks? I believe they all have ERA's above 6.

Garcia and Colon were the same question marks as Miller, and Wakefield. We have had our fair share of injuries as well. No matter how poor Soriano did, he was still one of the best closers in the majors in 2010, so to lose him was no small loss. Jeter was out 3 weeks, ARod for a month and a half (still hurt), Chamberlain was arguably our best reliever when he went down, Hughes is our Buchholtz. Its guys like Robertson, Logan, Nova, Garcia, and Colon why we won the division. Granderson played out of his mind all season, Cano started slow, and became who he really is. Swisher struggled for a good portion of the season and has just recently picked it up. Teixiera's HR total is high, but offensive numbers in general were very poor. ARod has had his struggles this season. Gardner was up and down. For once in a while, I can say the Yankees won as a team, not a bunch of individual contracts

"Ace"ves
09-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanks man, you too (even though i already posted in the AL Central division title). Best of luck, unless you are facing us, then equal luck and may the best team win :)

Congrats guys

haha nice

Well he did say the Yankees would need a miracle. I'd say what the Yankees ended up getting from Colon, Garcia, and even Nova is pretty miraculous.

Don't forget about Martin, Nunez, & Chavez!! Nothing miraculous, just good team baseball.

Partially true, the Red Sox have "underperformed" this season. But thats why you play the season and don't look at teams on paper. But to blame it on injuries is pretty weak man, every team has their fair share of injuries. We could play the "what if game" all day, doesn't change anything (like what if Javier Vazquez wasn't hurt in 2004, would he beat the Sox? i dont consider that though, cause Red Sox won fair and square in 2004, so even if we had a starter playing injured, its still a team effort and thats final).

Besides a team is not just at the MLB level, its what you in the minors as reserve. The team's starters is just as important as their bench and minors, so there is depth. The Red Sox lacked depth and that's why they lost.

Good luck... i personally do not want to face Boston cause they will likely win, cause if they get hot its all over.

Disagree. The ERA of both Colon and Garcia is starting to rise dramatically because they are starting to fatigue and they will not be nearly as effective for the postseason as they were in the first half of the season. And its true, yanks do have depth in many areas, which is why they won the division, there was hardly one guy who lead the charge (im sorry, but Granderson had a great year, not MVP worthy, struck out wayyy too much).

Question marks are on every team. Our Burnett is pretty much your Lackey. However, its up to the individual teams to be prepared for injuries, so if Dice-K goes down (trust me, he wasn't gonna help you that much anyway), you have a backup. Yanks were smart by signing two low-risk/high-reward guys in Colon/Garcia. If they were bad, they'd go with Kevin Millwood and later perhaps Carlos Silva. They'd also have the choice to start Noesi if they wanted. Those may not have worked out. But what are we even discussing to begin with? Performance. The team that performs is the team that wins. Yankees performed, the red sox have a chance for the WC, but only if they perform.

Garcia and Colon were the same question marks as Miller, and Wakefield. We have had our fair share of injuries as well. No matter how poor Soriano did, he was still one of the best closers in the majors in 2010, so to lose him was no small loss. Jeter was out 3 weeks, ARod for a month and a half (still hurt), Chamberlain was arguably our best reliever when he went down, Hughes is our Buchholtz. Its guys like Robertson, Logan, Nova, Garcia, and Colon why we won the division. Granderson played out of his mind all season, Cano started slow, and became who he really is. Swisher struggled for a good portion of the season and has just recently picked it up. Teixiera's HR total is high, but offensive numbers in general were very poor. ARod has had his struggles this season. Gardner was up and down. For once in a while, I can say the Yankees won as a team, not a bunch of individual contracts

A-rod was out for a long time, as well as Jeter.... but the backups stepped up. And don't forget about Posada, he was awful for first few months.

That's what made this one a team effort

BSF101
09-23-2011, 03:46 AM
That's what you accomplish when U have the biggest payroll, & the worlds biggest steroid supply.

SHOELESSJOE3
09-23-2011, 06:54 AM

Congrats guys

Thats the way it goes. It's a capitalist society. To be successful you take your revenue and reinvest. Thats what the big business corps do.

Or, you can have an owner that would rather put the revenue in his wallet.

Are we going to hear about the Yanks playing in the big city. One time long ago there were three teams in NY. The Yanks were the new kids on the block, didn't even have their own park, paid to use the Polo Grounds. There were also the Dodgers and the owners of NY City, the powerful NY Giants. They had the opporitunity, they chose to leave NY. Stop all the crying.

SHOELESSJOE3
09-23-2011, 06:57 AM
That's what you accomplish when U have the biggest payroll, & the worlds biggest steroid supply.

Any proof the Yanks have a monopoly on steroid users. Talk is not even cheap, talk is worthless.

oak2455
09-23-2011, 07:20 AM

Wow 13 year olds still post on here..... I think your mommy is calling you:facepalm:

BSF101
09-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow 13 year olds still post on here..... I think your mommy is calling you:facepalm:

I'm not 13, what U can't take a joke? Did I say they all take steroids? It was a joke. There's no denying they have the biggest payroll in Baseball. Why is it OK for Yankee fans to talk **** about the Red Sox, but God forbid a Red Sox fan says makes a harmless joke every Yankee fan goes nuts. :facepalm:

BSF101
09-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Any proof the Yanks have a monopoly on steroid users. Talk is not even cheap, talk is worthless.

You do know I was joking right? Yankee fans not all, but some are hypocrites, I laugh when one of their players is leaked to steroids and they act like they can't do no harm. By the way I have nothing but respect for the Yankees just can't stand them.

oak2455
09-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm not 13, what U can't take a joke? Did I say they all take steroids? It was a joke. There's no denying they have the biggest payroll in Baseball. Why is it OK for Yankee fans to talk **** about the Red Sox, but God forbid a Red Sox fan says makes a harmless joke every Yankee fan goes nuts. :facepalm:

dude I was kidding plus Ive heard it all before:D so don't take it seriously:eyebrow:

papipapsmanny
09-23-2011, 05:23 PM
man the redsox really ****ed up this year

Bos_Sports4Life
09-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Hopefully Bos can join them..allthough even if Boston makes it I see them being done in rd 1, but who knows..Crazy things have happened in oct before, good and bad

Also, Boston fans shouldn't be using injuries as an excuse. Last season's failure was due too injury, This season? under-performance. Boston has had clay go on the dl/youk becoming almost useless due too injuries, but nothing this team shouldnt have overcame. The team was built too withstand a couple of injuries..

SHOELESSJOE3
09-23-2011, 06:54 PM
You do know I was joking right? Yankee fans not all, but some are hypocrites, I laugh when one of their players is leaked to steroids and they act like they can't do no harm. By the way I have nothing but respect for the Yankees just can't stand them.

Now I know you were joking..........OK

ne3xchamps
09-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Congrats to the yanks. Sox ****ed this one up with poor pitching and injuries. But oh well, whatever happens I will still wake up in the morning. Its all good. Hope to see you guys in the ALCS if we don't blow the WC!

ne3xchamps
09-23-2011, 07:14 PM

that's how it is around here man. Hang around the MLB forum enough and you will see more of it. Its like jets fans, same thing.

09-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Congrats to the yanks. Sox ****ed this one up with poor pitching and injuries. But oh well, whatever happens I will still wake up in the morning. Its all good. Hope to see you guys in the ALCS if we don't blow the WC!

Anymore excuses?