09-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Well Iguodala is already a poor man's Scottie Pippen so him :shrug:

Slimsim
09-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Well Iguodala is already a poor man's Scottie Pippen so him :shrug:

homer pick ?

Bruno
09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Iggy easily. Pippen was the greatest help wing defender of all time. Iggy is currently the greatest help wing defender in the league. They are both point forwards, where as Granger is more of a scorer than a creator.

smith&wesson
09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
IGGY.

because iggy is now one of the elite defenders in the league and pippen was best known for his D.

Gators123
09-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Iggy.

Slimsim
09-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Iggy easily. Pippen was the greatest help wing defender of all time. Iggy is currently the greatest help wing defender in the league. They are both point forwards, where as Granger is more of a scorer than a creator.

Granger isn't a bad defender and i more reliable on offense than iggy.

Bruno
09-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Granger isn't a bad defender
Not bad but not in Iggys league.

and i more reliable on offense than iggy.

what do you mean by more reliable?

Swashcuff
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
homer pick ?

No.

Have you ever heard anyone compare Granger to a light version of of Scottie Pippen? Iggy does everything Scottie did just on a tier below. He also accounts for a greater % of his team's offense than Granger with his playmaking and scoring.

PS these are my two most favourite players currently in the league. There is nothing homer about this.

Slimsim
09-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Not bad but not in Iggys league.

what do you mean by more reliable?

Iggy Can't shoot and most of the time his points come of fast break dunks

Slimsim
09-21-2011, 06:23 PM
No.

Have you ever heard anyone compare Granger to a light version of of Scottie Pippen? Iggy does everything Scottie did just on a tier below. He also accounts for a greater % of his team's offense than Granger with his playmaking and scoring.

PS these are my two most favourite players currently in the league. There is nothing homer about this.

Homer j/k

i heard iggy/ Lebron comparisons Never heard Iggy being compared to pippen

Bruno
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't think there's any denying that Granger is the better go-to scorer out of the two. But the context of this question is who would you rather having backing up an elite scorer, or #1 option on a championship level team. In that sense, the things that Granger is superior at one v. one and isolation scoring are less valuable assets than what Iggy bring to the table (elite wing defense and superior offensive facilitation).

Asking "who's the better Pippen" isn't the same thing as asking who's the better player (although I'd still take Iggy personally for his substantial defensive edge).

Swashcuff
09-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Homer j/k

I'd link you to a forum where there's a topic on just that currently but it's not allowed here.

Also. Isn't LeBron ALWAYS compared to Pippen? Wasn't he being Wade's Pippen against Dallas? So if LeBron is compared to Pippen and Iggy is compared to LeBron wouldn't that mean that there are similarities between Iggy and Pippen?

Slimsim
09-21-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't think there's any denying that Granger is the better go-to scorer out of the two. But the context of this question is who would you rather having backing up an elite scorer, or #1 option on a championship level team. In that sense, the things that Granger is superior at one v. one and isolation scoring are less valuable assets than what Iggy bring to the table (elite wing defense and superior offensive facilitation).

Asking "who's the better Pippen" isn't the same thing as asking who's the better player (although I'd still take Iggy personally for his substantial defensive edge).

True the way i looked at it you have Iggy a elite Defender but OK on the offense
Then you have Granger a good scorer and a good defender So basically what would you prefer a elite defender and a OK scorer or a good defender and a good scorer.

Slimsim
09-21-2011, 06:37 PM
I'd link you to a forum where there's a topic on just that currently but it's not allowed here.

Also. Isn't LeBron ALWAYS compared to Pippen? Wasn't he being Wade's Pippen against Dallas? So if LeBron is compared to Pippen and Iggy is compared to LeBron wouldn't that mean that there are similarities between Iggy and Pippen?

I should have said who would make the better second option on a championship team.

smith&wesson
09-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Pippen was some where between iggy and lebron. Iggy not as good as pippen, and pippen not as good as lebron. All similar players though.

Raidaz4Life
09-21-2011, 06:40 PM
I got Granger on this one. He is still a very talented defender but he can spread the floor with his shooting which Iggy could never do.

Swashcuff
09-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I should have said who would make the better second option on a championship team.

For that question I'd lean towards Danny. He's a better scorer than Iggy and can hurt you in more ways offensively. However this will also depend on how the team is built.

TheNumber37
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Iggy. Despite the fact that I'm not a laker fan, I was psyched when I heard the iggy to lakers rumors, he's trained with kobe over the summers since his rookie year and it is the best place in the entire nba for him. Hope it happens.

Bruno
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
True the way i looked at it you have Iggy a elite Defender but OK on the offense
Then you have Granger a good scorer and a good defender So basically what would you prefer a elite defender and a OK scorer or a good defender and a good scorer.

Got ya.

I'd say that your limiting your offensive analysis to just scoring. What about offensive facilitation and assist-to-turnover-ratio?

For example Iggy averaged 6.0 assists and 2.3 turnovers during the 2011 season. Granger averaged 2.6 assists and 2.7 turnovers.

Granger is the better scorer and the better floor spreader.
Iggy is the better defender and better ball distributer/facilitator.

If looking for the #2 on a championship team and I had to choose between these two guys, I'd argue that Iggys skill sets are more valuable when playing behind a dominant #1 (who scores a lot, we assume). The teams best player not having to guard the other teams best player is a huge luxury. (Jordan/Pippen, Bryant/Artest-Ariza).

Regarding floor spreading for example, Jordans most famous floor spreaders were roll players (Kukoc, Kerr, ect). I'd argue that it's more important for a #2 wing to be able to defend the other teams #1, and to be able to facilitate the offense.

Stack_NJNets
09-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Iggy with his defense and rebounding. Granger's outside shot is what makes, well made him so deadly.

ManningToTyree
09-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Iggy is much more like Pippen than Granger. He is also a better player imo. He is the type of wing defender that most contenders need in todays league

KnicksorBust
09-21-2011, 10:15 PM
If Dwight Howard was my "Jordan" then I'd actually probably take Granger but for most 2guard starts like Wade and Kobe, Iguodala is the better fit.

NYKalltheway
09-22-2011, 05:05 AM

Bobby Jones anyone? :shrug:

sventhedog
09-22-2011, 07:21 AM
it's clearly lebron james. people keep comparing him to jordan but he's just a great sidekick.

todu82
09-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Iggy

sep11ie
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Homer j/k

Why start this thread if you are just gonna "if you can call it" argue with everyone that picks Iggy(who is the obvious pick)?

rapjuicer06
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
If Dwight Howard was my "Jordan" then I'd actually probably take Granger but for most 2guard starts like Wade and Kobe, Iguodala is the better fit.

Exactly. Who is "Jordan" in this debate? That's what matters the most here. Who's the Superstar player for the team?

John Walls Era
09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Iggy is more of a point forward, so him. Also one of the best defender in the league

OGMarkWahlberg
09-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Iggy clearly makes the better Pippen, he is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA?