PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the most desirable FA in 2012?

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Will it be the best PG in the game by far CP3 or will it be the best C in the game by far Dwight Howard?

Assuming they both make it to FA, which would you take and why?

Which teams do you predict they will sign with?

EDIT: Ignore the new CBA and lets say hypothetically that they keep the status quo

SteBO
09-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Close, but it's Dwight Howard in my opinion. Howard is rare breed indeed in todays game, but you couldn't go wrong thinking CP3 is the most coveted either. They're both pretty awesome.

TheRunKiller
09-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Deron Williams for sure

strahan92osi72
09-20-2011, 09:36 PM
1. D12
2. CP3
3. D-Will

Andrew32
09-20-2011, 09:41 PM
D12 then Paul mostly due to Age and Health issues otherwise it'd be neck and neck.

strahan92osi72
09-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Deron Williams for sure

That's why I added him, I think Chill conveniently left him out. The idea that Net fans think they actually have any chance at keeping him is comical.

MrfadeawayJB
09-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Howard. You need a good big guy to be a elite team. I see Howard going to NJ and CP3 to NY

strahan92osi72
09-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Howard. You need a good big guy to be a elite team. I see Howard going to NJ and CP3 to NY

No way is Howard going to NJ, nobody wants to go there and play second fiddle to the Knicks. That's the main reason I don't see Deron staying in NJ at all. Howard is either staying or going to the Lakers. Heck, I can see him in Boston long before NJ.

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2011, 09:53 PM
That's why I added him, I think Chill conveniently left him out. The idea that Net fans think they actually have any chance at keeping him is comical.

Its cool that ya'll tryna take shots at me and everything but read what i posted and prepare to feel stupid. Did i ask to rank the free agents in order of desirability or did i ask who would be the most desirable. Only an idiot would deny that CP3 is the best PG in the game so it only follows that Deron Williams be left out of the debate. Howard is unanimously recognized as the best C so its obviously D12 vs CP3...

I never mentioned Deron in the post because everyone knows he is a distant third in this debate. I never said the Nets would keep him but now that you mention it most experts think he will stay due to a lack of better options sans Clippers.. and what he himself has said.

Lets keep Deron Williams out of this..

EDIT: Try not to ride RunKiller's jock too much because he is obviously salty that i said CP3 is far and away the best PG which is truth. He probably wanted me to lie and say CP3 BARELY edges out Rose as the best :pity:

Swashcuff
09-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Dwight Howard = no health concerns (as of right now) and is the only player of his kind at the most impactful position in the NBA. I think this is a no brainer quite honestly.

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2011, 09:59 PM
No way is Howard going to NJ, nobody wants to go there and play second fiddle to the Knicks. That's the main reason I don't see Deron staying in NJ at all. Howard is either staying or going to the Lakers. Heck, I can see him in Boston long before NJ.

Dude you are about to ruin this thread! Nobody said anything about Deron Williams till you and the Bulls homer came in trolling. For your information Deron Williams has said nothing but good things about the Nets and Howard even mentioned two current Nets as players that he would like to play with (Deron Williams and Anthony Morrow), while he was in Russia (hint hint) doing some promotional work for Addidas with the NJ Nets dancers.. want a link? He also went to Brooklyn this summer and spent time with kids there and raved about how much he loved it. Stop speaking ignorantly. Nobody knows where Howard could end up or if he even will be a FA

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Dwight Howard = no health concerns (as of right now) and is the only player of his kind at the most impactful position in the NBA. I think this is a no brainer quite honestly.

Idk... i think longevity might be an issue.. Dwight relies on his athleticism and thou he has remained largely injury free, how long can that keep up? Big men are a bigger injury risk than small guards. Meanwhile CP3 has a knee issue but he doesnt rely on his speed as much as Dwight relies on his jumping ability. CP3 has sublime skills that no other PG in the league can match. He executes an offense in basketball as well as Floyd Mayweather executes his defense in basketball. I know boxing and basketball dont relae but im comparing sheer individual talent, not the sports themselves.

naps
09-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Dwight Howard.

But if CP3 was healthy, my pick would be him hands down. CP3, if stays healthy, will enter the debate of the greatest point guard of all time; Can't say the same about Dwight.

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Dwight Howard.

But if CP3 was healthy, my pick would be him hands down. CP3, if stays healthy, will enter the debate of the greatest point guard of all time; Can't say the same about Dwight.

Agreed.

likemystylez
09-20-2011, 10:09 PM
its gotta be dwight, even assuming cp3 is healthy and is the best pg in the league. There are other point guards like deron williams, john wall, rondo who you will be able to atleast compare to cp3.... dwight howard is different than any other center.

blake griffin on the other hand... well hes not a center LOL

DR_1
09-20-2011, 10:10 PM
CP3 the best point guard by far? :facepalm:

DR_1
09-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Dwight Howard.

But if CP3 was healthy, my pick would be him hands down. CP3, if stays healthy, will enter the debate of the greatest point guard of all time

:laugh:

Anyway I'm going with Dwight, much harder to find a big man.

Swashcuff
09-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Idk... i think longevity might be an issue.. Dwight relies on his athleticism and thou he has remained largely injury free, how long can that keep up? Big men are a bigger injury risk than small guards. Meanwhile CP3 has a knee issue but he doesnt rely on his speed as much as Dwight relies on his jumping ability. CP3 has sublime skills that no other PG in the league can match. He executes an offense in basketball as well as Floyd Mayweather executes his defense in basketball. I know boxing and basketball dont relae but im comparing sheer individual talent, not the sports themselves.

How many big men do you know put the kind of time in that Dwight has to ensure that he stays in shape? Not very much.

I really can't see a reason for CP3 in all honesty as great as he is he's a PG and does not impact the game in the ways that Dwight does. There is a reason the Magic have been a top 5 defensive team and a piece or two away from being a legit contender over the past 5 years despite the fact that Dwight has only played with 2 All Stars (both came in the same season).

Longevity is also overrated. GMs would rather take 2 60 win seasons in 7 years with 1 title than 7 straight years of 55+ wins and no hardware to show for it. History and conventional wisdom tells us that you'd be more likely to get that from top big man rather than a top PG.

Ebbs
09-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Dwight will be. Although CP3 is the better player the depth at point guard and the shallow pickings at center make Dwight far more valuable.

Yanks All Day
09-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Best PG in the league, or best C in the league? Can't really go wrong. Personally, I'd take CP3 because it has become a PG league and doesn't rely as heavily on his athleticism as D12 does. This argument can completely change in a year, though, as D12 has added some nice offensive moves to his arsenal. Wouldn't really worry too much about injuries on either end, though.

MrfadeawayJB
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I think Howard will go to NJ because i think NJ can be the next destination of a possible "super team". NYK, MIA, BOS, LAL, are all already at "superteam" levels. With the move to Brooklyn and a owner who is willing to spend to put a winning product on the floor why not go there. I also think if another star will stay in NJ (Williams), than it is more likely Dwight goes there. Williams, Howard, and a tradeable peice in Lopez (who can reel in a solid SF player (granger? Wilson Chandler?, etc)) is a solid team

Swashcuff
09-20-2011, 10:29 PM
My prediction of how the tiers would look going into 2012 free agency and beyond

among Cs in the NBA

Tier 1
Dwight Howard

Tier 2
Andrew Bynum
Andrew Bogut
Tyson Chandler
Marc Gassol
Joakim Noah
Al Horford
Brook Lopez

among the PGs in the NBA

Tier 1
CP3
Derrick Rose
Derron Williams
Russell Westbrook

Tier 2
Rajon Rondo
Steve Nash
Jrue Holiday
John Wall
Tony Parker
Ty Lawson
Mike Conley
Stephen Curry
Raymond Felton
Devin Harris

Not 100% accurate but somewhere there about.

Now would I go for arguably the most impacting player in the NBA who is the only of his kind or the best PG in the NBA who is not only a health concern but really not the only top player at his position?

lakersiznumber1
09-20-2011, 10:30 PM
it will b cp3 of course there is no way orlando is going get lebroned they will trade him b4 that happens at the trade deadline when orlando starts falling in the standings. He will be a laker or bull at the end of the season i dont know y ppl say hes going to the nets lol yea right dwill dont even want 2 b there

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I think Howard will go to NJ because i think NJ can be the next destination of a possible "super team". NYK, MIA, BOS, LAL, are all already at "superteam" levels. With the move to Brooklyn and a owner who is willing to spend to put a winning product on the floor why not go there. I also think if another star will stay in NJ (Williams), than it is more likely Dwight goes there. Williams, Howard, and a tradeable peice in Lopez (who can reel in a solid SF player (granger? Wilson Chandler?, etc)) is a solid team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=related

da ThRONe
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Let's all just hope we don't have to worry about either being FA's. If we're lucky CP3 and D12 will end up in NOH jerseys. Am I right or what.

PC
09-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Head to head, I think CP3 is the better player. But we're in a PG dominated era right now whereas there are very few impact centers in the game. So in terms of desirability, I think it has to be Dwight

da ThRONe
09-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I agree with many of the other comments while I think Chris is the better player Dwight is so far ahead of every other center he's the choice here.

MrfadeawayJB
09-20-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=related

:laugh2:

naps
09-20-2011, 10:50 PM
:laugh:

What part of my post made you laugh? That CP3 will enter the debate of the greatest point guard of all time, if he stays healthy throughout his career? Make a thread and see what most people think if you are confused. I bet you wouldn't laugh if I said that about Derrick Rose.

Swashcuff
09-20-2011, 10:51 PM
What part of my post made you laugh? That CP3 will enter the debate of the greatest point guard of all time, if he stays healthy throughout his career? Make a thread and see what most people think if you are confused. I bet you wouldn't laugh if I said that about Derrick Rose.

You'd surely win that bet

Bruno
09-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Howard because he's an iron man.

DR_1
09-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Actually, Rose hasn't done that much yet compared to the greats. Neither has Paul.

Sly Guy
09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
CAN'T TEACH SIZE.

but I got nothing but love for cp3 too.