PDA

View Full Version : Will the NBA have preseason games if the lockout ends?

Federal Reserve
09-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Will there be a week to sign 2011 free agents?

six
09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Maybe. I really dont care about preseason games though.

likemystylez
09-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Will there be a week to sign 2011 free agents?

lol that could be one of the most interesting free agent weeks ever. talk about a no bs approach. LOL there simply isnt time for any of "the decision" drama

BranWingss
09-20-2011, 09:58 PM
I'd imagine so. I doubt they'd have as many as they usally have though. Free agency still needs to happen as well.

likemystylez
09-20-2011, 10:07 PM
I'd imagine so. I doubt they'd have as many as they usally have though. Free agency still needs to happen as well.

as many as they usually have??? its not like a player wakes up one morning and decides to be a free agent. LOL regardless of the lock out over the summer... it shouldnt effect the free agent period with the exception of a few guys signing over seas

BranWingss
09-20-2011, 11:18 PM
as many as they usually have??? its not like a player wakes up one morning and decides to be a free agent. LOL regardless of the lock out over the summer... it shouldnt effect the free agent period with the exception of a few guys signing over seas

Did I say that? No. I said I doubt the pre-season has as many games as they did in 2010/2011. If they were to sign an agreement let's say next week, I'd guess the pre-season has about 3-5 games, which is less than last season.

I don't know how you misread my post but I'll repeat it. Free agency will happen, and it will be quicker than usal. Re-signings would probably happen for a week and a half, followed by free agency. Pre-season and training camp would then begin a few weeks later, followed by the regular season. Usally the majority of the free agents have signed by now, and most players are getting ready for training camp.