PDA

View Full Version : Can todays Michael Jordan beat every bobcats player one on one?

kingsdelez24
09-19-2011, 10:19 PM
. Fact or Fiction: Jordan could beat any Cats player in one-on-one.

Spencer Wellesley Percy, Queen City Hoops: Fiction. Even though Jordan practices with the team quite a bit, it's clear that his body isn't even close to where it once was. Players such as Gerald Henderson, Corey Maggette, Tyrus Thomas and Walker would be good competition.

Rashad Mobley, Truth About It: Fiction. I give Jordan a fighting chance against everyone except Kwame Brown. Brown took a lot of heat from Jordan when they were both with the Wizards, and even though all is seemingly well in Charlotte, a one-on-one match would exhume Kwame's demons. Kwame would love to embarrass MJ.

Zach Harper, Daily Dime Live: Fact. DeSagana Diop is under contract with the team, so Jordan could definitely take him. Most likely, if he can get a player on the block in these one-on-one matchups, he can get off a good enough shot. Also, he could always threaten to trade them to Cleveland if they beat him.

Justin DeFeo, Nets Are Scorching: Fact. I'm not really sure how he'd stay in front of the small, quick guys, but I'm willing to bet that Jordan's got enough guile and moxie to figure it out. If we learned anything from his career, it's to never bet against him.

Jovan Buha, ClipperBlog: Fact. I'm not one to aggrandize Jordan's legendary stature more than the next guy, but does anyone on this roster even pose a threat? Kemba, Maggette and Henderson are the team's best one-on-one players, but do any of those names scare you? I didn't think so. .

This came from the ESPN 5-on-5 roundtable. Any thoughts?

MiamiWadeCounty
09-19-2011, 10:24 PM
He could probably beat at least one, but he has zero chance against certain guys on that team.

likemystylez
09-19-2011, 10:30 PM
could todays michael jordan do any better at drafting players than anybody on the bobcats?

heyman321
09-19-2011, 10:45 PM
could todays michael jordan do any better at drafting players than anybody on the bobcats?

zing!!!

RipCity32
09-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Wow not a chance maybe at golf or something.