PDA

View Full Version : Rank Top 10 All Time PG's

NihonJinDesu
09-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Regardless of Era they played in rank your all time PG's

1- Earvin "Magic" Johnson (Lakers) - Icon for the game of basketball. 6'9 great ball handling skills and great vision and floor general and a leader everything you expect out of a franchise player

2- Chris "CP3" Paul (Hornets) - a monster on both sides of the floor can take you off the dribble drive it in or hit a mid range shot... imagine if he had the talent around him?

3- Isiah Thomas (Pistons) - Led the bad boys to a pair of championships a ruthless defender and could break down a defense

4- John Stockton (Jazz) All Time leader in assists and part of one of the deadliest duos in NBA history underrated for his defense oh yeah a great shooter at that

5- Oscar "The Big O" Robertson (Royals, Bucks) how many players can say the averaged a triple double throughout a season ?

6- Jason Kidd (Mavs, Nets, Suns) Undefeated in international play, great defender, great court vision led the Nets to two NBA Finals and not to mention a better shooter (dyk he is top 5 in all time 3 pts made)

7- Walt "Clyde" Frazier (Knicks,Cavs) Quite possibly the best defensive PG on the list, people forget how key he was on the Knicks vs Lakers NBA Finals especially when Willis Reed went down

8- Bob Cousy (Celtics, Royals) Led a great dynasty in his time he is also known for making dribbling "cool"

9- Deron Williams (Jazz, Nets) Great size for a pg he can shoot, he can post you up, he can do whatever you ask of him great defender

10- Steve Nash (Suns, Mavs) Back to back MVP's you think he should be higher on this list? another example of a late bloomer... what he lacks in defense he makes up on offense

LakersIn5
09-19-2011, 06:19 AM
1. magic
2. oscar
3. stockton
4. isiah
5. cousy
6. kidd
7. nash
8. cp3
9. frazier
10. bieber

Mishmin
09-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Surprised I haven't run into the question on psd yet.

1- magic
2- oscar
3- Stockton
4- Isiah Thomas
5- Walt Frazier
6- Kidd
7- Cousy
8- Nash
9- CP3
10- Payton

5 through 10 are pretty interchangeable for me right now

NihonJinDesu
09-19-2011, 06:29 AM
1. magic
2. oscar
3. stockton
4. isiah
5. cousy
6. kidd
7. nash
8. cp3
9. frazier
10. bieber

Nice Bieber #10 he crossed up Nash haha

NihonJinDesu
09-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Surprised I haven't run into the question on psd yet.

1- magic
2- oscar
3- Stockton
4- Isiah Thomas
5- Walt Frazier
6- Kidd
7- Cousy
8- Nash
9- CP3
10- Payton

5 through 10 are pretty interchangeable for me right now

yeah me and my buddy were having this discussion earlier of which PG we would take over the other...

penny421
09-19-2011, 07:34 AM
1-Magic
2-Oscar
3-Stockton
4-Frazier
5-Payton
6-Kidd
7-Cousy
8-Nash
9-Isiah
10-CP3

Chris Paul will go down as a top 3 PG all time if he stays healthy IMO.

mightybosstone
09-19-2011, 01:28 PM
I'll think about this when I get home from work, but just going off my initial thoughts...

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isaiah
4. Stockton
5. Cousy
6. Frazier
7. Nash
8. Kidd
9. Payton
10. Tiny Archibald (I don't expect him to be on many people's lists, but he was a phenomenal point guard who won a ring at the end of his career when Bird was just coming into the league)

I also think Lenny Wilkens and Kevin Johnson should get some consideration, and while I freaking love Chris Paul and Deron Williams, I think they need to accomplish something or continue to post great numbers for a long period of time before they deserve to crack a list like this.

Chronz
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
How the **** is Isiah better than Frazier?

Lakersfan2483
09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isaiah
4. Stockton
5. Frazier
6. Payton
7. Kidd
8. Nash
9. Cousy
10. Chris Paul

Honorable Mention: Kevin Johnson, Deron Williams, Nate Archibald, Tim Hardaway

avon_barksdale
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isaiah
4. Stockton
5. Frazier
6. Payton
7. Kidd
8. Nash
9. Cousy
10. Chris Paul

Honorable Mention: Kevin Johnson, Deron Williams, Nate Archibald, Tim Hardaway

yea i like this list

TopsyTurvy
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
1 Magic
2 Oscar
3 Stockton
4 Zeke
5 Payton
6 Kidd
7 Frazier
8 Nash
9 Cousy
10 Archibald

There are some modern players who could get up there, but their careers are still far from over.

mightybosstone
09-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Thomas is the superior distributor. We're talking a 37.4 assist percentage compared to a 23.0 assist percentage. He's 7th in career assists compared to Frazier, who is 52nd. They posted similar scoring numbers, although Frazier was a little more efficient. And Frazier is obviously the better defender.

But if we're talking top point guards, I think it has to be a combination of a lot of things, but assists should be the most significant factor. And Thomas was clearly head and shoulders about Frazier in that area.

llemon
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Up for consideration.

Cheeks, Payton, Guy Rodgers, West (some consider him a PG, and truly, they ain't far off), Micheal Ray, Don Buse, Brian Taylor, Tiny, Van Exel, Van Lier, Mark Price, Gus Williams, Sam Cassell and Andre Miller certainly deserve at least a mininum of consideration.

And those who watched and understood the '03 Finals took note that Speedy Claxton is the ACTUAL reason that Spurs won the '03 Finals.

Also note that Dumars is the reason Isiah is rated so highly, and Jeff Hornacek is the reason Jazz reached the Finals twice.

bagwell368
09-19-2011, 11:20 PM

Yes, good point, and how is Isiah better then Stockton....?

bagwell368
09-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Up for consideration.

Cheeks, Payton, Guy Rodgers, West (some consider him a PG, and truly, they ain't far off), Micheal Ray, Don Buse, Brian Taylor, Tiny, Van Exel, Van Lier, Mark Price, Gus Williams, Sam Cassell and Andre Miller certainly deserve at least a mininum of consideration.

I like Van Lier as a "cult" sort of player, but Van Excel - come on... Cheeks is always underrated, but he's more like #19 or #23. Buse? Snort... He had one big year in the ABA, came into the NBA and wasn't much.... Dennis Johnson crushes him.

llemon
09-19-2011, 11:57 PM
I like Van Lier as a "cult" sort of player, but Van Excel - come on... Cheeks is always underrated, but he's more like #19 or #23. Buse? Snort... He had one big year in the ABA, came into the NBA and wasn't much.... Dennis Johnson crushes him.

I know you'll never be able to watch Buse play, but that one big year in the ABA.....check out his next year, which was in the NBA.

ewmania
09-20-2011, 12:16 AM
1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Isiah
4. Stockton
5. Frazier
6. Kidd
7. Payton
8. Nash
9. Cousy
10. Mark Jackson