Here's mine:

1. Derrick Williams (Minny)
2. Brandon Knight (Detroit)
3. Kyrie Irving (Cleveland)
4. Enes Kanter (Utah)
5. Kwahli Leonard (SA)

asandhu23
09-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Klay Thompson... Golden State Warriors with a weak bench. He will probably be 6th man right away.

Knicks21
09-19-2011, 05:03 AM
I'd have Kemba and take out Leonard, Kemba will get so many opportunities it will be ridiculous.

Chill_Will_24
09-19-2011, 05:28 AM
I think this year it will be someone out of late field. Possibly a late lottery pick. I dont think anyone in the top 5 will get it. Brandon Knight has a great chance. My homer pick is MarShon Brooks. The media loves its scorers and Brooks landed in the one spot that was perfect for him in NJ. He will be a Nick Young type and will get lots of love.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
everyone name their team's rookie

go!

JNA17
09-19-2011, 09:54 AM

go!

Lakers don't even have a rookie lol :(.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say...Kyrie Irving!

juno10
09-19-2011, 10:09 AM
williams
kemba
irving
kanter
vessley

Yanks All Day
09-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Kyrie Irving was the most polished player coming out of the draft and has a great chance to get plenty of play time. No reason not to think he'll win it.

DerekRE_3
09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Kyrie or Kemba are my top picks.

dhopisthename
09-19-2011, 10:21 AM
If we have a season- or just an abreviated season-
List your top five ROY candidates.
Here's mine:

1. Derrick Williams (Minny)
2. Brandon Knight (Detroit)
3. Kyrie Irving (Cleveland)
4. Enes Kanter (Utah)
5. Kwahli Leonard (SA)

I don't expect kanter to get much playing time behind al, favors, and millsap to warrant getting a chance at the roy. I would say burks has a better chance. It all depends on time opportunity and system. if irving can stay healthy and they start him over baron I would think he has the best chance.

Greet
09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
It's gonna be one of the PGs

Kemba, Kyrie or Jimmuh

Evolution23
09-19-2011, 11:09 AM

go!

Ricky Rubio will average 10 assists 5 ppg. If he can play some d, he will win it.

Greet
09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Ricky Rubio will average 10 assists 5 ppg. If he can play some d, he will win it.

Ricky Rubio was bad in the euro league, why would he be good playing with real black people?

Hitman21
09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Ricky Rubio was bad in the euro league, why would he be good playing with real black people?

He wont...dont pay attention to all the Rubio fanboys. This kid is the most overhyped player ive seen. Its starting to get a little annoying...the kid hasnt played a single minute of American ball. Cant even do well against his Euro opponents, and yet everyone still suckin on his bawsak.

Gators123
09-19-2011, 11:24 AM
1. Williams
2. Knight
3. Irving
4. Kemba
5. Kanter

TheNumber37
09-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Despite the rubio bashing, I'm going to go with him. He's got great players around him and a new coach for is good for his type of game. I say he stumples early, but his better than Euro talent teammates will make it easier. Hopefully they trade beasley for a big or a veteran guard who can lead, stephen jackson would be perfect, but bucks won't move him.
I think leonard is going to be great for the spurs, may even get to start.

lvlheaded
09-19-2011, 11:44 AM
1. Iman Shumpert
2. Iman Shumpert
3. Iman Shumpert
4. Iman Shumpert
5. Iman Shumpert

If Shumpert doesnt win, it wasnt because I didnt believe hard enough :D

My guess is that Klay Thompson gets it. Kid is gonna be a beast

mightybosstone
09-19-2011, 12:03 PM
I like the Rubio pick a lot, but a dark horse that few are mentioning could be Tristan Thompson. Think about it... He's an ultra talented player who progressed over the course of his freshman season at UT to become one of the most dominant big men in college basketball. He's a little undersized, but he's long and he's incredibly skilled in the paint for a 6'8" player. Yes, he's got Jamison and Hickson ahead of him on the depth chart, but Thompson could see time at the 3-5 spots, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jamison got moved this season.

This is a season where I don't see a dominant player anywhere, and almost all of the top picks have players ahead of them on the depth chart and are 20 or younger. So, someone like Thompson, who has a lot of skill on both ends of the floor and could be an efficient scorer and defensive player, could average 13, 8, 1 and win ROY.

Nyc4You
09-19-2011, 01:48 PM
DOnt overlook josh selby

avon_barksdale
09-19-2011, 01:52 PM
derrick
kemba
knight
kyrie
thompson/rubio tie

Hawkeye15
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
The only reason Rubio has any chance is that he will probably average a lot of assists and steals, and make ESPN highlight reels with his passing. If they ignore the poor shooting, and ungodly turnover rate he is sure to have his rookie year, he has an outside chance, but I don't see it honestly.

I would think Irving has a great chance, as does Kanter. If Adelman either finds a way to get Williams and Beasley on the floor together, or just gets tired of Beasley chucking, Williams may have a chance, but I honestly don't know if he gets enough minutes.

Tristan is another great choice.

Giraffes Rule
09-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Unless the Spurs dump Richard Jefferson, Kwahli Leonard doesn't have a shot at ROY. Pop doesn't like playing rookies out of college much anyways, and he'll have James Anderson to play at the 2 and 3 as well.

MrfadeawayJB
09-19-2011, 03:05 PM

go!

haha i would go

Irving
Kanter
Williams
Brooks
and a sleeper---> Josh Selby.. He has created a buzz over the summer, so if he gets minutes who knows

MrfadeawayJB
09-19-2011, 03:07 PM
DOnt overlook josh selby

Selby will not win because he will come off the bench while Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams will be given the "green light" right off the bat.

likemystylez
09-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Selby will not win because he will come off the bench while Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams will be given the "green light" right off the bat.

will irving immediately start ahead of baron davis? LOL it all depends of baron feels like playing I suppose

Evolution23
09-19-2011, 03:22 PM

Maybe because he has a lot better options around him to feed to. Kevin Love can shoot and score and so can Beasley. It's not hard to imagine him penetrating and dishing out to his teamates and averaging 9-10 assists. That's not too crazy to ask for some one who can't shoot at a high percentage. His number one skill is his passing game. It doesn't matter who you play against, if you have skill it will show.

OGMarkWahlberg
09-19-2011, 03:23 PM
I would say..

1. Irving - his team is complete garbage he can easily rack up the stat sheet
2. Rubio - who else is getting any assists on this team?
3. Kemba - garbage team see my #1
4. Marshon Brooks - best scorer in the draft in my opinion, will definitely see significant minutes on the nets
5. Kanter - Most NBA Ready player in this draft, should make an immidiate impact, just wayyyy to much bigman depth on this team

John Walls Era
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Maybe because he has a lot better options around him to feed to. Kevin Love can shoot and score and so can Beasley. It's not hard to imagine him penetrating and dishing out to his teamates and averaging 9-10 assists. That's not too crazy to ask for some one who can't shoot at a high percentage. His number one skill is his passing game. It doesn't matter who you play against, if you have skill it will show.

He played for a pretty good Barcelona team. TBH I rather have Milos Teodosic than Rubio if its for one year. But everyone is in awe of his potential.

asandhu23
09-19-2011, 03:48 PM

what is that supposed to mean? are you saying the black men in the Euroleague aren't real black men?

DR_1
09-19-2011, 03:55 PM
1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Knight
4. Kemba
5. Kanter

Stack_NJNets
09-19-2011, 04:34 PM
1. Kyrie
2. D-Will
3. Klay Thompson
4. MarShon Brooks
5. Enes Kanter

Sly Guy
09-19-2011, 04:40 PM

lol, I love it.

Slimsim
09-19-2011, 04:41 PM
THe guy who was drafted by wash. And got the hype for kissing his GF on draft night

homer pick Iman shumpert will be the sleeper

Hellcrooner
09-19-2011, 04:41 PM
im going to die laughin if Rubio ends top 5 in assists top 5 in assists per game top 5 in steals and top 5 in steals per game and he still doesnt get ROy.

Sportfan
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
MarShon

Robbw241
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Marshon

Chill_Will_24
09-19-2011, 04:49 PM

The game is different in the euros. Deron Williams just had a 16pt 3ass night with 5 turnovers... its different. Rubio is gonna be a good player.

Da Knicks
09-19-2011, 05:18 PM
1. Leonard
2. Shumpert
3. Kemba
4. Knight
5. Williams

likemystylez
09-19-2011, 06:22 PM
so we are still uner the asumption that there will be an NBA season? If not, we should add in the incoming rookies for 2012. Does anybody know how that draft will work? Will the league just have a 30 team lotto? or will they redo the lotto with the same lotto teams from this year? I cant think of a really fair way to do it either way.

LOL the rookie sophmore game would get really complicated too.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2011, 07:43 PM
so we are still uner the asumption that there will be an NBA season? If not, we should add in the incoming rookies for 2012. Does anybody know how that draft will work? Will the league just have a 30 team lotto? or will they redo the lotto with the same lotto teams from this year? I cant think of a really fair way to do it either way.

LOL the rookie sophmore game would get really complicated too.

obviously we are running under the assumption there will be some sort of season. But yes, this list would be obsolete if the entire season is gone, because I think there are 5-6 players from next years draft that will be better than any rookie this season.

John Walls Era
09-19-2011, 07:50 PM
im going to die laughin if Rubio ends top 5 in assists top 5 in assists per game top 5 in steals and top 5 in steals per game and he still doesnt get ROy.

I'd laugh if he does get top 5 in all those stats, especially as a rook.

topdog
09-19-2011, 08:40 PM

I didn't know Rubio was playing in Africa! :rimshot:

likemystylez
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
I didn't know Rubio was playing in Africa! :rimshot:

hahaha.... quality

Stuckey#3
09-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I don't expect kanter to get much playing time behind al, favors, and millsap to warrant getting a chance at the roy. I would say burks has a better chance. It all depends on time opportunity and system. if irving can stay healthy and they start him over baron I would think he has the best chance.

I think Kanter is the most NBA ready rookie big man; I wouldn't be surprised if Utah moved Millisap or Jefferson or both. Their front office has been pretty active lately...

Just watched some MarShon Brooks highlights... kid can score.