PDA

View Full Version : Juan Carlos Navarro

Taimla
09-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Juan carlos navarro - MVP of eurobasket 2011, tournament full of stars starting with tony parker and finishing with dirk nowitzki.

how come this guy is not playing in NBA... how come world best pg does not play in world best leauge??? and yes i see him being better pg than rose or williams etc... maybe CP3 is better...
he played well some years ago for griz but he hates loseing so he left...
Lakers is contender... lakers have a need in pg position, lakers have a pau gasol who is navarro's best friend... how come lakers do not make a pursuit for Navarro??

speak it out guys how much you know about navarro and what you hink about his game and match for lakers or other nba contender who lacks for good pg.

Hellcrooner
09-18-2011, 05:16 PM
er-----flash news...navarro is a SHOOTING GUARD.

I woudl have loved to have him play fake pg in P jacksons system for L.A but well his family was homesick and they decided to go back to spain.

Lakers cant pursit him now too, he has a buyout clause that is like 9 million dollars, nba only allows its teams to pay 500000 dollar sin buyouts so he woudl need to pay it from his pocket, lakers can only offer him an mle that woudl be 5 million per year......so numbers dont work unless pau wants to pay the buyout form his pocket

mzgrizz
09-18-2011, 05:21 PM
JCN did well for the Grizz but as hellcrooner said, he was homesick for Spain. We loved him here !

THE GIPPER
09-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Juan carlos navarro - MVP of eurobasket 2011, tournament full of stars starting with tony parker and finishing with dirk nowitzki.

how come this guy is not playing in NBA... how come world best pg does not play in world best leauge??? and yes i see him being better pg than rose or williams etc... maybe CP3 is better...
Lakers is contender... lakers have a need in pg position, lakers have a pau gasol who is navarro's best friend... how come lakers do not make a pursuit for Navarro??

speak it out guys how much you know about navarro and what you hink about his game and match for lakers or other nba contender who lacks for good pg.

:facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
09-18-2011, 05:36 PM
this thread is full of failure

Toxeryll
09-18-2011, 05:37 PM
:laugh:

gwrighter
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
He's soft, so he left the NBA. like crooner said, not even a PG. he is a good player, should have stayed in the NBA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-18-2011, 05:59 PM
he sucks.

Trace
09-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.

Geargo Wallace
09-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Me so confuse.

Hellcrooner
09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
he sucks.
whats your problem with spanish players?

beasted86
09-18-2011, 10:38 PM
He left the Grizz because they traded Pau, and he was a 27yr old rookie making 500k.

Smart to go back and stay in Europe.

topdog
09-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Too bad he didn't stay longer. He definitely made the cut as legit NBA talent, but I think his lack of athleticism makes him a far better Euroleaguer than NBAer.

MrfadeawayJB
09-18-2011, 11:16 PM
He is a rotation player in the NBA, not a star. He is a undersized sg, not a pg. And to say he is better than Rose deserves a :facepalm:

mzgrizz
09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
I'd take him back in a heartbeat

MrfadeawayJB
09-19-2011, 12:00 AM
I would as well, but the OP is delusional if he thinks that JCN is better than Rose, Deron Williams, or even Tony Parker

iggypop123
09-19-2011, 12:09 AM
JCN is good, but its a europe thing. He wont come cause he likes it better over there and he gets paid as well. its the rudy fernandez thing. he doesnt get much minutes and he doesnt have the body to survive as a pg in a league with elite pg's. navarro makes derek fisher feel good about his defense.

beasted86
09-19-2011, 12:19 AM
navarro makes derek fisher feel good about his defense.

Love this line.

heatbb
09-19-2011, 01:39 AM
He's an awful ballhog. Shooting one contested shot after another and as they drop sometimes, he got the MVP of Eurobasket. He's not a player to miss a lot.

BHF
09-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.

this hahahahahahahhahahaha

Fresno
09-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Ehh, he would've been nothing more than a rotation player in the NBA. He'd probably be coming off the bench on some team as a spot shooter playing backup PG or a few minutes at SG.

Basically what CJ Watson is in the NBA.

Even when he was here, he wasnt a star by any means so to say hes the Worlds best PG is ridiculous. A great Euroleague player - Yes. A great NBA player - No.

Just like how a guy like Rudy Fernandez might go back to Spain and win some MVP awards, it wont change the fact he was a role player in the NBA.

Vikingfan84
09-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Bring back Pepe Sanchez while your at it.:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-19-2011, 04:37 AM
whats your problem with spanish players?

I meant he sucks in NBA, not in europe:p

MJ-BULLS
09-19-2011, 04:44 AM
He is a rotation player in the NBA, not a star. He is a undersized sg, not a pg. And to say he is better than Rose deserves a :facepalm:

Everybody is better than Rose.

Hellcrooner
09-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I meant he sucks in NBA, not in europe:p

mmm 12 ppg is far from sucking.....

Hawkeye15
09-19-2011, 02:14 PM
It's two different leagues. Just because a player is good overseas doesn't mean his dominance will be the same in the NBA. The NBA if much faster, more spread out, and has rules that are much different. The NBA is condusive to better athletes, while the Euro league is more about skillset and teamwork (structure).

Navarro isn't a PG btw. He is a SG.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/navarju01.html

Not that Navarro hasn't made some improvements, but let's be honest. He is not a legit starting NBA player whose play leads to wins, despite what Hellcrooner's opinion is on him (haven't read it Crooner, so if I am putting words in your mouth I am sorry). He is a 6'3" combo guard who can't defend NBA athletes in open space. The guy is basically a nice bench player on a good team.

Does he belong in the NBA? Of course. Is he a star in the NBA? Absolutely not. His one year in the NBA, he was 27 years old. Its not like he was a young spanish kid.

basketfan4life
09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
saying the best pg in the world is absurd but on the other hand american people really underrate european players...also coaches...i mean dejan bodirago would make %90 of nba players look like a fool...there was a player called Ibrahim Kutluay played for sonics just a year and never got the chance to show his skills when he was capable of dropping 20-25 a night.Navarro can start more than half of nba teams.Jasikevicius in his prime was exact copy of steve nash.

Ill21
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
and yes i see him being better pg than rose or williams etc... maybe CP3 is better...

Really better than Rose and Williams?:confused:

Heediot
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM

The NBA has a lockout so the Lakers or anybody else cannot pursue him.

Maybe he's a good player within international rules. I still don't think he's a capable starter in the NBA.

LakersMaster24
09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
I really hate his style of play, and how he takes contested three's. However, I would compare him to JJ Barea. Both undersized shooting guards really, that can score in bunches. Both below average defenders...

I could see him doing something for a contender, something similar to what Barea did for the Mavs this year.

THE GIPPER
09-19-2011, 06:00 PM
saying the best pg in the world is absurd but on the other hand american people really underrate european players...also coaches...i mean dejan bodirago would make %90 of nba players look like a fool...there was a player called Ibrahim Kutluay played for sonics just a year and never got the chance to show his skills when he was capable of dropping 20-25 a night.Navarro can start more than half of nba teams.Jasikevicius in his prime was exact copy of steve nash.

his stats arent an exact copy

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jasiksa01.html

LA_Raiders
09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
He is a hell of a player. I hope we can bring him to LA one day...

OGMarkWahlberg
09-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I've seen him play quite a bit actually and he is an amazing player .. but to see he is definitely better than rose and williams is an absoluten stretch, in the NBA system I can not see how you can call him better than those 2 players whatsoever?

Fresno
09-19-2011, 11:43 PM
He is a hell of a player. I hope we can bring him to LA one day...

Sorry but The Triangle offense is gone.

You should be worried about an actual PG running the show instead of looking for Fisher's replacement in The Triangle.

I say that because Navarro could not play a full PG role in the NBA.

Hellcrooner
09-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Navarro is

A franchise player scoring 25 ppg in a BOTTOM 3 TEam
A very good starter 15to 20 ppg in a Lottery team
A Suspicious starter 10 to 15 ppf in a low Playoffs team
A VERY GOOD sixt man 10 to 15 ppg in a second tier contender
An AMAZING role player for 20 mpg and 8 to 12 ppg in a Ring Winer-

Crackadalic
09-20-2011, 12:22 AM
He's good. thats all I have to say. I like his game

Fresno
09-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Navarro is

A franchise player scoring 25 ppg in a BOTTOM 3 TEam
A very good starter 15to 20 ppg in a Lottery team
A Suspicious starter 10 to 15 ppf in a low Playoffs team
A VERY GOOD sixt man 10 to 15 ppg in a second tier contender
An AMAZING role player for 20 mpg and 8 to 12 ppg in a Ring Winer-

No way would Navarro even average 20 PPG even on a horrible team.

Hellcrooner
09-20-2011, 01:31 AM
No way would Navarro even average 20 PPG even on a horrible team.

Lol. EVERY FRIGGING player in the nba can average 20 ppg if allowed to shoot enough for it.

He woudl need around 12 attempts per game + 6 attempts that are called as fouls.

Sadds The Gr8
09-20-2011, 02:14 AM
this thread is full of failure

this

iggypop123
09-20-2011, 02:25 AM
this guy is going to torch team usa in london

JohnBoy326
09-20-2011, 02:43 AM
this

:D you're sig is absolutely awesome! Made me LOL :clap:

basketfan4life
09-20-2011, 07:45 AM
his stats arent an exact copy

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jasiksa01.html

in his PRİME i said, don'y you read? also he never got the minutes to show his skills even in his post-prime years, their style of play are very similar, great playmakers with remarkeble shooting ability and no defence.

alencp3
09-20-2011, 07:52 AM

i agree even though they wont beat them, navarro is unstoppable when he is on fire

Hawkeye15
09-20-2011, 08:35 AM
in his PRİME i said, don'y you read? also he never got the minutes to show his skills even in his post-prime years, their style of play are very similar, great playmakers with remarkeble shooting ability and no defence.

this is because he is nowhere near Nash's level....

I can't stand the, "he never got the minutes, because he is as good as superstar A". If he were that good, he would be playing 36 mpg.

NYKalltheway
09-20-2011, 08:52 AM
in hi.s PRİME i said, don'y you read? also he never got the minutes to show his skills even in his post-prime years, their style of play are very similar, great playmakers with remarkeble shooting ability and no defence.

Jasikevicius > Nash
That's a fact

basketfan4life
09-20-2011, 09:43 AM
this is because he is nowhere near Nash's level....

I can't stand the, "he never got the minutes, because he is as good as superstar A". If he were that good, he would be playing 36 mpg.

Look, i generally like your opinions, but when i was saying he is copy of nash,i was refferring to his prime, "i said he never got the minutes" stuff on my second post, i was trying to say even when he was playing in the nba he was better then what he showed and just needed the minutes.

Taimla
09-21-2011, 07:47 PM

word

Hawkeye15
09-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Look, i generally like your opinions, but when i was saying he is copy of nash,i was refferring to his prime, "i said he never got the minutes" stuff on my second post, i was trying to say even when he was playing in the nba he was better then what he showed and just needed the minutes.

and that is fine, but I tend to only believe what I see, not what I think is possible. Nash has shown his ability to play and be a great player. The other has not.

Concerning Navarro, fact is, at age 27 (a male's prime), he was a 12 ppg scorer that was well under the league average in PER, and couldn't get minutes on a so-so team.

We can easily stack players against each other with advanced statistics. There is NO WAY in an scenario possible that Nash would have been in a situation where he didn't play a ton of minutes with a ton of responsibilities, so when I read, "he just needs the minutes", that alone tells me all I need to know about the player.

Great players get the minutes. Period.

NYKalltheway
09-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Hawkeye, while that might sound logical, you can't compare Nash playing in uptempo game that suits him vs Jasikevicius who was a similar player playing under coaches that didn't wanna use him due to his defensive weaknesses and a slow paced game.
If you'd exchange the players, Nash would probably be someone equivalent to Hinrich in terms of PG rankings... His defensive weaknesses need an uptempo style of game to make his game on the offensive end much more effective. Same applies for Sharas. He just didn't have the LUCK to play under such a system.

You are talking about the guy who single handedly beat the 2004 USA Olympic team (in the group stage) and was this close to doing it in the 2000 semi-finals. Guy's a living legend and a given for Hall of Fame. I'm having second thoughts on Nash's career if he played for a team like the Clippers or the Warriors with crappy teammates throughout his career.
Nash only became an assist machine in a fast paced tempo upon his return to Phoenix with teammates like Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa, Q-Richardson... you can't deny that luck plays a huge factor in these things.

From a preference view, I'd take an 22 year old Sarunas Jasikevicius over a 22 year old Steve Nash everytime I was asked that question. The fact that Nash can be extremely effective in one particular style does not mean he's a superior player. You haven't tried the other guy under the same circumstances. I understand why people would say Nash, especially after his double double averages and 2 MVP titles, but it's not a given. People who have seen Sharas play, know that the guy is a legend and was at some point in his career top 5-10 player in world basketball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3LCXscleI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idKn8Ps8jeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ViYanSqz40

C-L-U-T-C-H

Juan Carlos Navarro was never in his career at the heights of Sarunas Jasikevicius, that's the only reason I'm going "off topic". If people believe Navarro would be a good player in the NBA, Sharas would have been a top 10 player in his prime.

basketfan4life
09-22-2011, 06:16 AM
you just need the watch sarunas in his prime, he was playing in europe, the guy really is a living legend.

Tom Stone
09-22-2011, 08:37 AM
I think he would be a good fit to play Miami's point, or Lakers.....Hell why not my Raptors, he could team up with Calderon and we'll sign Marc Gosol, from free agency.

Il Mago50
09-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Sick player...but a SG...

Last time I checked, he's not playing PG with Rubio and Calderon on his team at any point, get your facts straight.

That being said, I could easily see him averaging 15-20 PPG in the league if given the opportunity to do so, but better then CP3 and others????? YOu've gotta be ******** me

Hawkeye15
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Hawkeye, while that might sound logical, you can't compare Nash playing in uptempo game that suits him vs Jasikevicius who was a similar player playing under coaches that didn't wanna use him due to his defensive weaknesses and a slow paced game.
If you'd exchange the players, Nash would probably be someone equivalent to Hinrich in terms of PG rankings... His defensive weaknesses need an uptempo style of game to make his game on the offensive end much more effective. Same applies for Sharas. He just didn't have the LUCK to play under such a system.

You are talking about the guy who single handedly beat the 2004 USA Olympic team (in the group stage) and was this close to doing it in the 2000 semi-finals. Guy's a living legend and a given for Hall of Fame. I'm having second thoughts on Nash's career if he played for a team like the Clippers or the Warriors with crappy teammates throughout his career.
Nash only became an assist machine in a fast paced tempo upon his return to Phoenix with teammates like Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa, Q-Richardson... you can't deny that luck plays a huge factor in these things.

From a preference view, I'd take an 22 year old Sarunas Jasikevicius over a 22 year old Steve Nash everytime I was asked that question. The fact that Nash can be extremely effective in one particular style does not mean he's a superior player. You haven't tried the other guy under the same circumstances. I understand why people would say Nash, especially after his double double averages and 2 MVP titles, but it's not a given. People who have seen Sharas play, know that the guy is a legend and was at some point in his career top 5-10 player in world basketball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3LCXscleI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idKn8Ps8jeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ViYanSqz40

C-L-U-T-C-H

Juan Carlos Navarro was never in his career at the heights of Sarunas Jasikevicius, that's the only reason I'm going "off topic". If people believe Navarro would be a good player in the NBA, Sharas would have been a top 10 player in his prime.

all I can do is determine who is the better NBA player, and that much is obvious. I also believe only in results, versus missing the window.

I will never have the understanding of the international game as many of you, but I sure do understand the NBA

gwrighter
09-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Jasikevicius > Nash
That's a fact

no, its not.

gwrighter
09-23-2011, 12:00 AM

A player is still in his prime when he is 29. Unless you think Kobe was declining at that age.

MTar786
09-23-2011, 12:20 AM
so when tony parker won finals mvp he was the greatest player in the world?