PDA

View Full Version : Are the Hornets franchise the best drafting team without a title?

HouRealCoach
09-17-2011, 07:58 PM
They have drafted CP3, Kobe, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Kendall Gill, Rex Chapman, Baron Davis, JR Smith, David West, Collison, Thornton, & more

That's some damn good drafting idc what anybody says... They should at least have a trip to the finals

NBA_Starter
09-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah but we traded Kobe, might have never left Charlotte if we'd have kept him!

Chill_Will_24
09-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Kobe didnt go so low by accident. Charlotte had to trade him

Cal827
09-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Phoenix is another team that has drafted very well (at least in the past 15 years), but have no titles.

Guys like Marion, Amar'e Nash, Johnson, Barbosa, Rondo (I think).

smith&wesson
09-17-2011, 08:14 PM
in 2008 they had a strong season and a good first series in the playoffs. the spurs stopped them after that. alot of teams get shafted due to other great teams or dynasty's ..

smith&wesson
09-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Phoenix is another team that has drafted very well (at least in the past 15 years), but have no titles.

another team thats been stopped by the spurs and or lakers year after year... dallas was a team like that too until last season. they redeemed them selves.

09-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I think it hands hands down goes to Thunder. I only realised this the other day, but in the only few years of existence, Thunder selected Kevin Durant and Jeff Green in their first year, Next year selected Russel Westbrooke and Sergia Ibaka, then the year after that James Harden (although he was taken ahead of curry, Evans..... i still think in time harden will become a beast).. iT'S A JOKE HOW WELL they have drafted since becoming the Oklahoma Thunder....... Go nuggets!

llemon
09-17-2011, 09:03 PM
They have drafted CP3, Kobe, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Kendall Gill, Rex Chapman, Baron Davis, JR Smith, David West, Collison, Thornton, & more

That's some damn good drafting idc what anybody says... They should at least have a trip to the finals

They are only good draft choices if you keep them.

Are TWolves to be commended for drafting Brandon Roy?

Bulls congratulated for picking Lamarcus Aldridge?

The NY Nets for drafting Lew Alcindor? Or the NJ Nets for drafting Kyle Korver?

NYKalltheway
09-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I think it hands hands down goes to Thunder. I only realised this the other day, but in the only few years of existence, Thunder selected Kevin Durant and Jeff Green in their first year, Next year selected Russel Westbrooke and Sergia Ibaka, then the year after that James Harden (although he was taken ahead of curry, Evans..... i still think in time harden will become a beast).. iT'S A JOKE HOW WELL they have drafted since becoming the Oklahoma Thunder....... Go nuggets!

Durant was a SuperSonic ;)

king4day
09-18-2011, 05:49 AM

Joe Johnson was drafted by the Celtics and Barbosa was drafted by the Spurs.
Since we have an embarrassing reputation regarding draft picks in the Nash era, I couldn't put Phoenix anywhere near the the top here.

king4day
09-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Also, New Orleans and Charlotte are two completely different Franchises that only share the team name itself. Charlotte didn't draft Paul, Smith, or West, just like New Orleans didn't draft Zo or Kobe.

king4day
09-18-2011, 05:53 AM
another team thats been stopped by the spurs and or lakers year after year... dallas was a team like that too until last season. they redeemed them selves.

Phoenix beat LA in the playoffs more than they beat us during the Nash era. LA knocked us out once.
The Suns finally did top the Spurs the last time we met in the playoffs, but I can't argue this one.
Then the owner got cheaper and dumber and so went our hopes through the window :(

todu82
09-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I think it's Phoenix but New Orleans makes it close.