PDA

View Full Version : I miss the NBA already

DitchDat
09-16-2011, 09:19 AM
I know the season could technically still happen, though it's getting less and less likely every day, but damn it I miss the NBA already! I'm not just in it for the games, I LOVE trading rumors, I LOVE free agent signings, I LOVE small training camp tidbits, I LOVE the politics of the game, I LOVE storylines, I LOVE the race to the MVP, I LOVE everything about the NBA!

It's not just about the NBA season (the games) for me, it's about an entire year of NBA stuff! I know I can't be alone with this... It's not that I don't have other stuff to do, but the NBA world is just a big part of my everyday life... I'm already depressed about an no-NBA summer, I can't imagine what's it gonna be like from October through May ??!! :confused:

Does anyone else feel like this?

Billionaires and millionaires are fighting over money, but in the end those guys will be rich anyway. The fans walk away with NOTHING :( We need our NBA fix gawd dangit!
Just felt like venting for a sec.... I don't want to get into lockout specifics...

Rivera
09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
i actually havent missed it yet...i have probably played and watched more local basketball this summer and so far this fall that it made me forgot about the nba

and the summer league games have been entertaining...i dont get full fledged into basketball into around christmas anyway because of football college football and baseball playoffs and i dont think the nba wont be around until janurary anways

the trade rumors is the only thing i miss i guess

heatking5
09-16-2011, 09:30 AM
so yall are soap opera basketball fans lmao, yall care more about rumors than the game itself hahahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHA

DitchDat
09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
so yall are soap opera basketball fans lmao, yall care more about rumors than the game itself hahahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHA

You're quite a dedicated individual yourself, too.

I love EVERY ASPECT of the NBA. How trades are structured, how teams fight for the postseason, what players have breakout years....

likemystylez
09-16-2011, 09:38 AM
I know the season could technically still happen, though it's getting less and less likely every day, but damn it I miss the NBA already! I'm not just in it for the games, I LOVE trading rumors, I LOVE free agent signings, I LOVE small training camp tidbits, I LOVE the politics of the game, I LOVE storylines, I LOVE the race to the MVP, I LOVE everything about the NBA!

It's not just about the NBA season (the games) for me, it's about an entire year of NBA stuff! I know I can't be alone with this... It's not that I don't have other stuff to do, but the NBA world is just a big part of my everyday life... I'm already depressed about an no-NBA summer, I can't imagine what's it gonna be like from October through May ??!! :confused:

Does anyone else feel like this?

Billionaires and millionaires are fighting over money, but in the end those guys will be rich anyway. The fans walk away with NOTHING :( We need our NBA fix gawd dangit!
Just felt like venting for a sec.... I don't want to get into lockout specifics...

of course youre not alone, why do you think we are all here commenting on this stuff. I mean this lock out would almost be fun if the results of it didnt suck so bad.

Mishmin
09-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm teaching english in Korea and if I can't get some league pass nba on my computer, I think I'm gonna go crazy this winter. GET IT DONE FISH

likemystylez
09-16-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm teaching english in Korea and if I can't get some league pass nba on my computer, I think I'm gonna go crazy this winter. GET IT DONE FISH

the deal might not be in fishes hands anymore, the players last proposal reportedly satisfied the vast majority of the owners (over 90%), the big market owners/ David Stern might have to be the ones that step up at this point.

jkiddvc20
09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Trust me man I feel the same way. I ****ing hate the winter and when I wake up early in the morning freezing my *** off knowing I have a full day of classes ahead of me the only thing that gets me through it is knowing there are games on that night.

This deal HAS to get done or I will go crazy

bledrules
09-16-2011, 10:03 AM
What a disaster that would be.A bunch of overpaid ego maniacs not on tv all the time :clap:

OGMarkWahlberg
09-16-2011, 07:35 PM
DitchDat I feel you man .. feel the same exact way, only positive I can think of the NBA not having a season is that people will actually watch College Basketball for once. This upcomingvNCAA year has unreal college talents...

Andre Drummond
Anthony Davis
Harrison Barnes
Jared Sullinger
beal teague, gilchrist etc

bmd1101
09-16-2011, 07:41 PM
DitchDat I feel you man .. feel the same exact way, only positive I can think of the NBA not having a season is that people will actually watch College Basketball for once. This upcomingvNCAA year has unreal college talents...

Andre Drummond
Anthony Davis
Harrison Barnes
Jared Sullinger
beal teague, gilchrist etc

No thanks, it's just not the same game.

Sadds The Gr8
09-16-2011, 07:42 PM
wont miss it til games are getting skipped.

jimbobjarree
09-16-2011, 07:42 PM
soon as I get back to college the dissapointment will really sink in. Especially when the weather turns all ******, the hard work starts and theres no basketball to look forward to every night.

GoPacers33
09-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Me 2 bro

da ThRONe
09-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I will say I miss the off season more than the good bit of the season.

tmacsc2
09-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I dont miss it at all......football is way more exciting anyways

3mikee_
09-16-2011, 09:01 PM
NBA don't care about their fans.

mzgrizz
09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
I miss it too
We should all be getting pumped for training camp instead of agonizing over all this frickin drama

likemystylez
09-16-2011, 11:49 PM
NBA don't care about their fans.

sure they do... just not as much as money

Stack_NJNets
09-18-2011, 02:30 PM
You're quite a dedicated individual yourself, too.

I love EVERY ASPECT of the NBA. How trades are structured, how teams fight for the postseason, what players have breakout years....

Dude I feel the same way. Ignore the ignorant ones. It will end one day just be patient. As fans, there is nothing we can do.

RevisIsland
09-18-2011, 02:53 PM
For now football keeps me going, but once we get to November and December and there isn't basketball I'll be pissed.

LakersMaster24
09-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Eurobasket was keeping me entertained...but today are the Finals...and after today's game its gonna be hard...REAL hard. :cry::cry::cry:

likemystylez
09-18-2011, 05:04 PM
its ok guys... lebron likes basketball, theres no longer a need for a lock out

Stack_NJNets
09-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Hahahaha, I read that hoping it would say LeBron was gonna be more involved in the lockout resolution. Instead it says he has a passion for it. I would hope so LeBron :facepalm:

likemystylez
09-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Hahahaha, I read that hoping it would say LeBron was gonna be more involved in the lockout resolution. Instead it says he has a passion for it. I would hope so LeBron :facepalm:

I had a thread going on about the quote, but it got shut down. LOL There are a lot of people on PSD who are very strong lebron supporters through thick and thin...LOl they still couldnt clear up lebrons logic.

Stack_NJNets
09-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I had a thread going on about the quote, but it got shut down. LOL There are a lot of people on PSD who are very strong lebron supporters through thick and thin...LOl they still couldnt clear up lebrons logic.

LOL I would've made one too man

likemystylez
09-18-2011, 10:58 PM
LOL I would've made one too man

yeah... but its cool, lets just ignore the current things going on right now in the nba (mainly the lock out) and make a thread about who we think has the biggest nose in the Nba today

Nenad Kristic, manny Ginoboli, Chauncy billups (width), Greg Oden (width), or Charlie Villanueva (width).

LOl its amazing some of the completely meaningless threads that go on in this, LOl and I talk about a quote that actually happened from a current NBA player about a current NBA situation (the only current event in the nba right now).... lol but what are ya gonna do.

likemystylez
09-18-2011, 10:59 PM
^^^ BTW- nobody steal my idea for the big nose thread hehehe