PDA

View Full Version : Ellis to join teammates, Thompson scores 40.

MackShock
09-16-2011, 04:54 AM
AS VEGAS -- Nine Warriors players participated in an Impact Series game on Thursday night, but for some reason Lou Amundson didn't get to play with his real teammates.
That will change on Friday.

While Stephen Curry, David Lee, Dorell Wright, Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Tyler, Klay Thompson, Charles Jenkins and Ekpe Udoh were on one team, Amundson played with a team that included DeMar DeRozan and Sebastian Telfair, among others.

"They did that because they didn't have enough players on that team, and they needed a player," said Amundson, who has spent the bulk of the offseason working out in Denver. "So, I was the guy."

On Friday morning, 10 Warriors players are expected to get together to work out. It will be the first time that many Warriors players have been together since the end of the 2010-11 regular season. Warriors' players are conducting their own workouts because of the NBA lockout.

Thompson was one of the more impressive rookies on Thursday night, scoring 22 points in the first half -- most of them on long-range jump shots. Thompson wound up with 40.

Monta Ellis was expected to arrive in Las Vegas late Thursday night and be at the Friday morning workout with his teammates. Andris Biedrins, Reggie Williams and Charlie Bell are the only Warriors not in Las Vegas this weekend.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/15/11/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/l_gswarriors.html?blockID=564138&feedID=2799

does thompson scoring 40 and bombing threes mean anything? i mean, he IS playing vs NBA competition

likemystylez
09-16-2011, 09:45 AM
didn reggie williams sign over seas? LOL I dont know if he is even still considered a warrior seeing as he was a free agent who was never resigned/ extended.

MackShock
09-16-2011, 01:44 PM
we should re-sign him...theres a reason he got a rest of the season plus next season contract..and he didnt do that bad.

COOLbeans
09-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Thompson scoring 40 and the players working out together is huge. But Thompson's 40 is the biggest news. I hope Thompson can turn into a pure shooter who can dunk on people with excellent work ethic, a la Reggie Miller (minus the dunking) or Ray Allen. So far our draft is looking good. Does anyone know who they were playing when Thompson scored 40?

MackShock
09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
well, we had morrow for that..i thought we were gonna be defensive minded, why would we draft a pure shooter..?

im sure thompson will round his game out. morrow added a dribble and drive and pop to his game, and ray allen was able to yack it pretty good. thompson should be fine..

MackShock
09-16-2011, 06:37 PM
lets say we trade monta and thompson becomes starting 2. im not exactly sold on a backcourt who cant play defense and will keep bombing three's..seems like theyd b more unconscious than curry and monta already are

COOLbeans
09-16-2011, 08:37 PM
I think Klay adds needed depth for our bench. Monta doesnt need to go any where. If Klay becomes a starting guard the league's gonna know about it.. I think he can be a big scorer and a possible SF for the future as Dorell gets older. I think we're one or 2 moves away from being a deep team. Good pick up by the warriors.

robbnen#31
09-16-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't know enough about Klay to be making judgments, but I'm just going to go with Jerry West on this one. It was his pick, and I like to see that Klay dropped 40 in his first "pro experience".

likemystylez
09-16-2011, 11:29 PM
lets say we trade monta and thompson becomes starting 2. im not exactly sold on a backcourt who cant play defense and will keep bombing three's..seems like theyd b more unconscious than curry and monta already are

LOL- well its cool that klay scored a lot of points, but this is a pick up game setting with nothing on the line and most of the contract players playing at about half speed.

The level of intensity in these games is probably somewhere between open practice scrimages and summer league.

I guess im just trying to say- dont put everything in a meaningless game where most the players are just out there running around in an effort to get in shape.

MackShock
09-17-2011, 12:04 AM
yeah, im not really putting any thought into it or anything, but i just id share. but if this is merely just a scrimmage, who was keeping score? why was there a scorekeeper, and how do we know thompson scored 40? these questions lead me to believe that the game had to have been semi-legit. legit in the sense that it was important enough to keep statistics, rather than just a pick up game up to 21, by all 1's