PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry injures ankle, says he's fine.

RKeithJames
09-15-2011, 11:19 PM
I just received a text saying Curry hurt his right ankle. This sucks!
Will this be an ongoing issue for the rest of his life?

LAS VEGAS -- Four minutes into Thursday's game featuring several Warriors players at Impact Basketball, guard Stephen Curry left the floor, took his right shoe off and began getting some treatment on his right ankle.
Curry, one of nine Warriors players who competed in the game, had surgery on that foot in late May after it gave him trouble throughout the course of the 2010-11 season. The surgery was performed in Charlotte, N.C., by Dr. Bob Anderson, and the procedure was intended to strengthen the ankle.

Curry missed eight games last season because of the ankle. Curry had been rehabbing most of the summer, but was recently cleared to begin playing in five-on-five games. He watched the second quarter from the bench while getting the ankle iced.

Curry, Dorell Wright, David Lee, Klay Thompson, Charles Jenkins, Jeremy Tyler, Ekpe Udoh and Jeremy Lin were on the white team, and for some reason Lou Amundson was the lone Warriors on the blue squad.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/15/11/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/l_gswarriors.html?blockID=564095&feedID=2799

ANKLE IS FINE.

LAS VEGAS -- Stephen Curry said his right ankle is "perfectly fine" and there was no re-injuring of it during a pickup game at Impact Basketball on Thursday night.
Four minutes into Thursday's game featuring several Warriors players, guard Curry left the floor, took his right shoe off and began getting some treatment on his right ankle. He watched the second quarter while icing the ankle. All precaution, according to Curry.

"I've had a schedule for my recovery of coming back and I've been doing some high-impact workouts and I just wanted to run up and down the court a little bit," Curry said. "I have no limitations right now and am just pacing myself to get back to 100 percent."

Curry, one of nine Warriors players who competed in the game, had surgery on that foot in late May after it gave him trouble throughout the course of the 2010-11 season.

The surgery was performed in Charlotte, N.C., by Dr. Bob Anderson, and the procedure was intended to strengthen the ankle.

He said the ankle isn't quite 100 percent yet, but that he's been cleared with no limitations. Curry said if it were the regular season, he'd play right now.

Curry missed eight games last season because of the ankle. Curry had been rehabbing most of the summer, but was recently cleared to begin playing in five-on-five games. He watched the second quarter from the bench while getting the ankle iced.

Curry, Dorell Wright, David Lee, Klay Thompson, Charles Jenkins, Jeremy Tyler, Ekpe Udoh and Jeremy Lin were on the white team, and for some reason Lou Amundson was the lone Warriors on the blue squad.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/15/11/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/l_gswarriors.html?blockID=564107&feedID=2799

Lloyd Christmas
09-15-2011, 11:43 PM
That sucks. I wonder if surgery can fix this.

robbnen#31
09-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Is he milking it yet stylez? lol

asandhu23
09-16-2011, 12:25 AM
see? Injury prone. trade him before his value goes down.

likemystylez
09-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Is he milking it yet stylez? lol

bigger things to worry about right now

asandhu23
09-16-2011, 02:09 AM
bigger things to worry about right now

its a conspiracy.

TrueFan420
09-16-2011, 03:24 AM
I just received a text saying Curry hurt his right ankle. This sucks!
Will this be an ongoing issue for the rest of his life?
From CSN

Yea this prob will be with him for the rest of his career. I have hurt my ankle numerous times, thankfully never need surgery, it will always be an issue. However, with good trainers and proper management of the ankle he should be fine.

MackShock
09-16-2011, 04:57 AM
edited the OP with the article, although he insists hes fine (2nd article posted)

asandhu23
09-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Curry's just saying he is fine. He is not. He doesn't want to be benched.

MackShock
09-16-2011, 07:50 AM

from what? Vegas fun league?

MackShock
09-16-2011, 07:53 AM
LOL..cmon, the report doesnt even say he got injured..and that its just a rehab procedure to get back to 100%. ANYBODY can misconstrue coming off the floor after 4 minutes and icing your ankle for the rest of the game as an "injury"

COOLbeans
09-16-2011, 04:45 PM
He was already supposed to be 100%..

Lloyd Christmas
09-16-2011, 05:13 PM

Haha. I'm sure this is exactly whats going on.