PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Andrew Bynum for...

OGMarkWahlberg
09-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Deron Williams?

Chris Paul?

Iggy and Jrue Holiday?

Wilson Chandler and Lawson?

Danny Granger and George Hill?

Joe Johnson?

Explain why or why not..:D

Krzyzewskiville
09-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Deron Williams? Yes no explanation needed.

Chris Paul? Yes no explanation needed.

Iggy and Jrue Holiday? Yes no explanation needed.

Wilson Chandler and Lawson? NO

Danny Granger and George Hill? NO

Joe Johnson? NO

Explain why or why not..

The_Jamal
09-15-2011, 10:10 PM
"no ****" to every answer exept Lawson and Chandler

Hawkeye15
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by OGMarkWahlberg

Deron Williams?

No way. Complete difference maker who has usually been very healthy and a top 10 player

Chris Paul?

haha, see above but multiply it by 2

Iggy and Jrue Holiday?

Too much for Philly.

Yes, and this would help both teams. Denver could let Nene go, and have room to fill out the roster

for sure yes. Indy is stuck in neutral, and this trade would help both teams

Joe Johnson?

I may be mistaken, but doesn't LAL have a SG?

done

rickshaw
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
All but joe johnson because of his contract. maybe on the granger and hill

Lloyd Christmas
09-15-2011, 11:41 PM
I think you are aiming a little high on those trade packages except for the Denver idea which would be horrible for LA.

Avenged
09-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Joke thread, right?

As a Laker fan I'd do most of those trades. ;)

Raps08-09 Champ
09-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Are you asking if we would trade those players for Bynum?

or if we would trade Bynum for any of those players?

Because it's 2 different questions that you might have made a mistake on.

Trace
09-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Deron Williams?

Chris Paul?

Iggy and Jrue Holiday?

Joe Johnson?

From LA's perspective, yes for obvious reasons except for the Joe Johnson trade (In each trade, they either receive a top10 player, great contracts, rising stars or additional players that can play both sides of the game. All in positions where depth would be greatly appreciated in. PG/SF positions)

From NJ's perspective? No. They gambled away their future for Deron.

From DEN's perspective? No. These two players are their corner pieces and would provide a larger impact than Bynum (He's not much of an upgrade over Nene especially if you account for his injuries).

From Indy's perspective? No. Rising star in Roy Hibbert.

From ATL's perspective? Yes. Either use Bynum or Horford/Smith as trading chips.

LOOTERX9
09-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Bynum is garbage. He is extremely overrated. If you want chris paul you would have to throw kobe in that trade too.

HouRealCoach
09-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Deron Williams? Yes

Chris Paul? Yes, There is no need to explain for CP3 or Deron Williams because its obvious

Iggy and Jrue Holiday? No, I dont think Holiday will be all that good and Iggy is overrated

Wilson Chandler and Lawson? No, I just dont think they will play good with Kobe for some reason

Danny Granger and George Hill? Yes, Granger can play the Pippen role and Hill is a very underrated PG

Joe Johnson? Yes, JJ can play SG and that will give them a huge backcourt

MGB
09-16-2011, 02:53 AM
-From the Lakers perspective, yes to all but Joe Johnson (daaattt contract)

-From the other teams' perspective, no to all but Joe Johnson (daaattt contract)

show34
09-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Chris paul after they land dwight howard no need for him

TrueFan420
09-16-2011, 03:12 AM

this... of course the lakers would make those trades (maybe not jj though) but all of those teams would straight laugh at those offers

Chronz
09-16-2011, 10:47 AM

Lakers need a PG with quicks and range, still no

Interesting but I doubt its enough without Hibbert.

Joe Johnson?
Nobody is touching JJ

this... of course the lakers would make those trades (maybe not jj though) but all of those teams would straight laugh at those offers
Laugh? Denver was asking for Bynum in a trade for Melo, I doubt they would laugh.

Yes, and this would help both teams. Denver could let Nene go, and have room to fill out the roster
Why would they let Nene go?

ShakeN'Bake
09-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Deron Williams?

Chris Paul?

Iggy and Jrue Holiday?

Joe Johnson?

Depends are you the one trading Bynum away or receiving him?

Hawkeye15
09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Why would they let Nene go?

I supposed you could use him at PF, but he now isn't a huge priority to resign to a lengthly deal.

Stack_NJNets
09-16-2011, 06:28 PM
deron williams? Yes no explanation needed.

Chris paul? Yes no explanation needed.

Iggy and jrue holiday? Yes no explanation needed.

Wilson chandler and lawson? No

danny granger and george hill? No

joe johnson? No

explain why or why not..

this

OGMarkWahlberg
09-16-2011, 07:20 PM

Your right, I guess I really did not specify on this one .. What would everyone's opinions be on both sides of these trades? Also include your own trade scenarios if you would like. I was just curious to see everyones opinions on if you would trade Andrew Bynum and if so, for who? I see some people are very high on Bynum anchoring the middle, while some believe he is severely overrated with a horrendous additude problem.

3mikee_
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow lol... Bynum is way too overrated to be even spoken as a primary trade piece for Paul/DWill.

justinnum1
09-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Deron Williams? yes

Chris Paul? yes

Iggy and Jrue Holiday? yes

Wilson Chandler and Lawson? yes

Danny Granger and George Hill? yes

Joe Johnson? **** no

LosDoyers1
09-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Deron Williams?

As a Laker fan, probably not. We do need a point guard but losing Bynum leaves us really thin up front.

Chris Paul?

Same as above. Paul make us infinitely better and probably extends Kobe's career but Paul's injury history is a little bit of a concern as well.

Iggy and Jrue Holiday?

As much as I don't like Igoudala, I'd probably do this trade. We get a lot more athletic and two very, solid defenders which shores up our perimeter defense.

No.

No, Granger is injury prone and Hill is good but the two of them combined are not equal value for Bynum, IMO.

Joe Johnson?

Hell no.

More-Than-Most
09-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Deron Williams?

Chris Paul?

Iggy and Jrue Holiday?

Joe Johnson?

I would not give up Holiday for Bynum. Sorry I dont trust his health

Cal827
09-16-2011, 09:09 PM
How about 3 crayons and a Chocolate Milk? At least the crayons would be more durable than him.

Honestly though, I wouldn't pull any of those deals. Durability is the key issue.

KnicksorBust
09-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Nobody is touching JJ

Knicks would.

jericho
09-16-2011, 09:56 PM
-From the Lakers perspective, yes to all but Joe Johnson (daaattt contract)

-From the other teams' perspective, no to all but Joe Johnson (daaattt contract)

this really bynum aint that good he way overated roy hibbert and marc gasol are better centers than him and they wldnt make those trades eather

the other teams will laugh at the proposal while the lakers wold do them in a heartbeat except for the johnson 1

oh and yes i said it and i aint gona take it back marc gasol and roy hibbert are better options at center than bynum hell ill pick mcgee or chandler b4 him

naps
09-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Deron Williams and Chris Paul for Bynum? You realize it will take nth number of Bynums for those guys. The guy's worth nothing since he can't stay healthy for God's sake.

naps
09-16-2011, 10:09 PM
As a Laker fan, probably not. We do need a point guard but losing Bynum leaves us really thin up front.

Same as above. Paul make us infinitely better and probably extends Kobe's career but Paul's injury history is a little bit of a concern as well.

As much as I don't like Igoudala, I'd probably do this trade. We get a lot more athletic and two very, solid defenders which shores up our perimeter defense.

No.

No, Granger is injury prone and Hill is good but the two of them combined are not equal value for Bynum, IMO.

Hell no.

LMFAO!!! You do realize that we are talking about freaking Andrew bum-knee Bynum, right? How ironic, you are mentioning other players injuries when Bynum himself is epitome of injury world.

Chronz
09-16-2011, 10:13 PM
I supposed you could use him at PF, but he now isn't a huge priority to resign to a lengthly deal.
They are losing players to China, and Nene isnt the kind of bigman you just let go. Him and Bynum would be a terror to deal with. Nene is a true PF anyways.

Chronz
09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Knicks would.
Knicks cant

Anilyzer
09-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Laugh? Denver was asking for Bynum in a trade for Melo, I doubt they would laugh.

I must insist that the "LA turned down Carmelo for Bynum trade" was a completely false rumor and sheer media fabrication.

I'm a Laker fan, and I must say that was very embarassing for the Lakers, the fact that nobody disputed that rumor, and they just tried to take credit for it--implying that, yeah, we turned down Carmelo for Bynum. In our dreams.

As for the other deals... I have heard talk that *somehow* Bynum is totally untouchable in LA, except possibly for Dwight Howard. Uh, something like, if it is Orlando's super lucky day, then MAYBE they might luck out and land Bynum for Dwight Howard. And that any other Bynum deals are totally ruled out. Seriously, a ton of Laker fans are actually saying this, that Bynum is so awesome (the best, only true center in the NBA etc) that the only deal the Lakers would possibly even consider is for Dwight Howard. Allegedly, very influential parts of the Laker ownership and management team hold strongly to this view as well. Allegedly.

From my perspective, the CP3 or Deron deals are completely automatic; they don't need to be thought about at all, and the Lakers could probably throw in another good player or some picks in those deals and still definitely do it. The other deals... *meh*. If Bynum has enough value to even be in these trade talks (which is uncertain) then I think better deals are out there... those other deals maybe aren't terrible, and considering the injury history, maybe you do all of those deals, but ideally if you get a sucker on the line who wants to trade for the next Shaq or whatever, then you could get more value.

Anilyzer
09-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Personally, I'd take Marc Gasol and a decent young SF or SG prospect. The Lakers actually got some really exciting PG prospects in the second round of the draft this year... players who legitimately could've gone much, much higher based on talent alone, and might play a big role next year. (that's Morris and Goudelock). Combine that with Ebanks and Caracter, and the Lakers definitely got some good young talent coming up--especially considering no first round pick for two years, the Lakers have gotten very lucky in the 2nd round of the draft.

So, Marc Gasol and a good young SG prospect works for me...

KnicksorBust
09-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Knicks cant

Sure they could. They have one of the best expiring contracts in the league with Billups. That alone is almost enough for JJ's monster deal but then they just need to add fillers.

Chronz
09-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Sure they could. They have one of the best expiring contracts in the league with Billups. That alone is almost enough for JJ's monster deal but then they just need to add fillers.
I suppose they could do that deal, I doubt they would tho.

Hawkeye15
09-17-2011, 11:36 AM
They are losing players to China, and Nene isnt the kind of bigman you just let go. Him and Bynum would be a terror to deal with. Nene is a true PF anyways.

I don't disagree with that at all, I am simply eluding to the high cost it would be to resign Nene while having Bynum there.

I have always thought Nene was more of a natural PF as well, but in the current NBA, we have a ton of PF's playing C.

PhillyFaninLA
09-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes to all, I'd trade a big that cannot stay healthy for just about any good player. Once bigs get injured regularly then never stay healthy and this has been the case since I've watched basketball.

A big that won't stay healthy and could net you a good player and maybe a pick is worth gold if you pull the trigger.

edit:

Because of the way this topic name is worded I answered from a Lakers point of view. The only trade I'd consider from the other side is CP3 because of his injury issues and likelihood of walking next summer.

smith&wesson
09-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Deron Williams?

Chris Paul?

Iggy and Jrue Holiday?

Joe Johnson?

your over rating bynum.

d will > bynum

chris paul >> bynum

iggy and jrue holiday - may consider this trade if i was the 76ers gm.

wilson chandler - lawson ? why would denver trade lawson they dont have ray felton any more, and theres no point in replacing nene with a player who's more injury prone. bynum doesnt help denver in any way here.

danny granger and george hill .. again why does indiana need to give up there best wing players for a small upgrade on hibbert ??

Joe johnson- this trade makes no sence for either teams. atlanta does well with horford at the 5 and the lakers dont exactly need a sg at the moment.

ldawg
09-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I would trade for Bynum if i am a rebuilding team and he comes cheap along with some added bonus. I also would trade for Bynum if its for a package deal given up a few so so players or for an aged allstar ex Rashard Lewis, or i have a gut of talented players and need a center to balance my team since big a hard to find, ex a team like Atlanta Smith and Kirk for Bynum to start jeff and move al to pf. However I would not give up a young allstar for bynum to build around him. So it all depends on what it would cost and what my team needs but i don't view Bynum like that to give up Chris Paul or Williams unless they demand a trade and i am doing damage control. If anything i would link him with them but not for them. Bynum is over rated his Value is his size the nba lacks it other than that he is a slight above avg center who is always injured but he is not the next Shaq,Kareem, Ewing, Hakeem. If Oden was healthy he would be a better center than Bynum. And if my team is a contender there is a few centers i would choose over Bynum to play that roll at center.