PDA

View Full Version : was Jeff Hornacek underrated?

Mobsterkel
09-15-2011, 04:07 AM
What do you guys think people keep telling me hornacek was underrated. I need some feedback

here is a short clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Jwt00dYHQ&feature=related

NYKalltheway
09-15-2011, 08:17 AM
quite good defensively, amazingly good shooter, great rotation player. If you think he was average, then yes he's underrated

effen5
09-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Hell yea he was underrated....what an amazing shooter he was.

Swashcuff
09-15-2011, 08:55 AM
One of the greatest shooters I've ever seen. Wasn't JUST a shooter but a decent all round player IMO. How often do we hear his name being mentioned around these parts or anywhere for that matter. Yes I think he's underrated. I often think of how perfectly a player of his skill set would have fit into the current Chicago Bulls team.

RowBTrice
09-15-2011, 09:12 AM
As an Iowa State Cyclone fan, HECK YES I say he was underrated. Great shooter, solid defender, great basketball mind......

DaBUU
09-15-2011, 09:17 AM
He put that Jazz team over the top in the mid to late nineties, so yeah he was underrated. Too bad they had to play Mike in the Finals or else they'd all have 2 rings. Those Jazz teams were really good.

Chronz
09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Massively underrated, youthful posters cite him as a player that would not make the league today, which is hilarious. Guys like him who can score an efficient 20PPG by spacing the floor and staying out of the way of the stars are elite role players. They can have an All-Star impact with half the touches.

The Stockton-Hornacek-Malone triumvirate made up one of the top 8 best offenses of alltime.

b_russ
09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Massively underrated, youthful posters cite him as a player that would not make the league today, which is hilarious. Guys like him who can score an efficient 20PPG by spacing the floor and staying out of the way of the stars are elite role players. They can have an All-Star impact with half the touches.

The Stockton-Hornacek-Malone triumvirate made up one of the top 8 best offenses of alltime.

That naive mentality is based on the beleif that athleticism triumphs all. He was very talented and contributed a lot to the teams he played for.

Hellcrooner
09-15-2011, 11:22 AM
underated like hell.

Id take him on my team 10 times out of 10 ov er supposed stars on his position.

NYKalltheway
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Mo Cheeks
JEFF HORNACEK / Allan Houston
Dominique Wilkins
Buck Williams
Robert Parish

how did this all time team not make playoffs? :/ :p

llemon
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Very. Sixers made a big mistake when they traded him for Jeff Malone.