PDA

View Full Version : How far does LA go in 2012?

Andrew32
09-15-2011, 12:32 AM
How far does LA go in 2012?

Kobe I think had a really bad/down year in 11 but he's had time now to rest and had some small surgerys done on his Knee so he may be primed for a comeback season. LA itself still has arguably one of the 3 best overall casts in the league and one of the best if not the best bigman duo Gasol/Bynum////Odom.

Personally I see them getting out of the 1st round but failing to advance either in the Semi's or the CNFinal's.

What do you think?

Hellcrooner
09-15-2011, 12:38 AM
as far as stupid "freddo" buss allows them.

likemystylez
09-15-2011, 12:38 AM
How far does LA go in 2012?

Kobe I think had a really bad/down year in 11 but he's had time now to rest and had some small surgerys done on his Knee so he may be primed for a comeback season. LA itself still has arguably one of the 3 best overall casts in the league and one of the best if not the best bigman duo Gasol/Bynum////Odom.

Personally I see them getting out of the 1st round but failing to advance either in the Semi's or the CNFinal's.

What do you think?

IM oo worried about the season starting on time to invest any thought in matters like this.

I think we need to worry about one hurdle at a time, and this lock out is a huge one.

Gators123
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
as far as andrew bynum allows them.

Hellcrooner
09-15-2011, 12:58 AM
as far as andrew bynum allows them.

believe me, the sooner he dissapears for something usefull the best for the team.
he should bring his sucker punch a smaller guy denigrant show somwhere else.

but sadly he is the fav player of stupid "freddo " buss, i aforementioned,.

theres a very high chance this season ( if theres one) we behold either kobe, or pau or even both at the same time going public about wanting out, because of the triple B ( bynum , "yes man"Brown and "freddo" Buss)

iggypop123
09-15-2011, 04:22 AM
cant go far if you dont get to play. thats the first concern.

Mudvayne91
09-15-2011, 04:28 AM
As far as everyone else in the league. 0-0.

Iron24th
09-15-2011, 04:39 AM
How the hell can we predict anything from any team when free agency hasn't even started and so the season.

3ballbomber
09-15-2011, 08:27 AM
How the hell can we predict anything from any team when free agency hasn't even started and so the season.
this.

we need to see any moves. how Gasol & Bynum are feeling after last season....how players are responding to new coaching etc.

likemystylez
09-15-2011, 10:26 AM

LOL ask mark jackson that question. He not only made a prediction... but an outlandish one upon getting the Golden State Job. Actually his prediction was more along the lines of a Guarentee.

He said the warriors are going to make the 2012 nba play offs, without knowing who they drafted (at that point), what free agents would re-sign, what trades would be made, what the salary cap situation would be with the pending lock out.... and with the warrios especially , what their injury situation will be next year (usually the warriors are a top 3 team in games missed due to injury)

shep33
09-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Impossible to tell, but the upside for the Lakers is that according to "insiders" Kobe's feeling really healthy for the first time in years, Pau is dominating at the Euro's, Matt Barnes is nearly fully healed, and Shannon Brown is not on the roster anymore lol.

The Lakers aren't really an old team, they just died out last year and got beat by a better Mavs team. In the past 4 years, no team has played more games than the Lakers, basically they've played 5 years of ball in those 4 years, then add the Olympics of 2008 where Kobe and Pau both played in... I mean its just a lot of ball, and these guys aren't in their prime anymore.

But no excuses, the Lakers weren't the best team, and Dallas is the team to beat out west, maybe with OKC even next and the Lakers 3rd.

My list for the top 5 contenders next year:

1) Dallas
2) Miami
3) OKC
4) LA/Chicago
5) LA/Chicago

I'd put Chicago ahead of LA only if they got a shooting guard, if not they're still a very very good team. I'd like to put Memphis at 6, but we gotta see what happens with Marc Gasol... still to early to make predictions though.

Hellcrooner
09-15-2011, 11:24 AM
this.

we need to see any moves. how Gasol & Bynum are feeling after last season....how players are responding to new coaching etc.

Gasol is back to normal, carrying spain on the eurobasket and beating Dirk while at it.

I hope Phil writes another book and unveils what the **** happened behind the closed doors this playoffs.

Evolution23
09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Depends on how Kobe's knees are, if Pau can be aggressive and if Bynum can stay healthy and effective throughout the playoffs. The Lakers still have the deepest team in the league so they will still be hard to stop next year.