PDA

View Full Version : Mlb Meanest players

More-Than-Most
09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
http://sigroup.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/also-in-this-weeks-sports-illustrated-the-meanest-player-in-mlb-the-end-of-the-outrage-open-in-flushing-predictions-for-the-most-competitive-nascar-chase-ever-and-college-footballs-ultimate/

Really surprised Utley and Arod are on this list.

fadedmario
09-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Where's Jered Weaver? That dude is nuts

jd25213
09-14-2011, 06:51 PM
not surprised to see Arod, guy equals trouble

"Ace"ves
09-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Zambrano.... would've never guessed

More-Than-Most
09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
I am having trouble finding the complete list... Morgan is like 9 I believe.

F*(&"Next Year"
09-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Haha AJ Pierzynski is always hated.

GoatMilk
09-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Utley is sneaky mean. im not surprised
dont get me wrong, i have nothing but respect for utley. always underrated
just saying

More-Than-Most
09-14-2011, 07:16 PM
just saying

Maybe my love for him Blinds it.

NYKNYGNYY
09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
remember john rocker

Bryrob58
09-14-2011, 07:31 PM

sexicano31
09-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Utley makes sense since he plays the game borderline dirty

Rylinkus
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I didn't really get the list. I understood some like Farnsworth, Zambrano, AJ, or Bradley. But guys like Arod, Utley, and Youk never struck me as overly mean. :shrug:

jd25213
09-14-2011, 07:48 PM
I didn't really get the list. I understood some like Farnsworth, Zambrano, AJ, or Bradley. But guys like Arod, Utley, and Youk never struck me as overly mean. :shrug:

I guess they remember this even though it was back in 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-xp9VhFJ70&feature=related

Rylinkus
09-14-2011, 07:52 PM
I guess they remember this even though it was back in 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-xp9VhFJ70&feature=related

If everyone who caused a brawl was on the list it seems like it would be a much longer list.

jd25213
09-14-2011, 07:54 PM
That's the only time I've seen Arod be mean on the field so thats why I posted it.

tbone2171
09-14-2011, 08:13 PM
http://sigroup.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/also-in-this-weeks-sports-illustrated-the-meanest-player-in-mlb-the-end-of-the-outrage-open-in-flushing-predictions-for-the-most-competitive-nascar-chase-ever-and-college-footballs-ultimate/

Really surprised Utley and Arod are on this list.

I hope you're joking

Rylinkus
09-14-2011, 08:29 PM
I hope you're joking

What has ARod done that demonstrates he's a meaner player than the average ball player? Guys like Farnsworth and Zambrano are brawls waiting to happen.

jd25213
09-14-2011, 09:31 PM
I guess it's the way he carrys himself. I mean someone who stays out of trouble is never seen, yet Arod sometimes has that big head and many people don't like him for it.

es0terik
09-14-2011, 11:28 PM
The way he carries himself? That doesn't make him mean. Stop complimenting him by calling him mean. He's a lowlife douche, and having a bad personality isn't the same thing as being mean.

There's a difference between fearing someone and hating someone. When you're mean, like AJ, people fear you. When you're a prissy characterless snake like A-Rod, people dislike you. So no A-Rod isn't mean, he's just a punk-***.

And the way he carries himself doesn't make him out to be mean (like a bully). The way he carries himself, it makes him out to be that high maintenance ***** that your friend is dating, and you have no idea why he's with her, because she treats him like ****, takes a lot of upkeep, and she doesn't even 'give him any', but at the same time you don't know what to say to your friend because you don't want to upset them.

misterd
09-15-2011, 01:35 AM
The way he carries himself? That doesn't make him mean. Stop complimenting him by calling him mean. He's a lowlife douche, and having a bad personality isn't the same thing as being mean.

There's a difference between fearing someone and hating someone. When you're mean, like AJ, people fear you. When you're a prissy characterless snake like A-Rod, people dislike you. So no A-Rod isn't mean, he's just a punk-***.

And the way he carries himself doesn't make him out to be mean (like a bully). The way he carries himself, it makes him out to be that high maintenance ***** that your friend is dating, and you have no idea why he's with her, because she treats him like ****, takes a lot of upkeep, and she doesn't even 'give him any', but at the same time you don't know what to say to your friend because you don't want to upset them.

I've never been the biggest ARod fan, but I do think he was humbled a lot by the steroid scandal. He's still going to be ARod, but he's been a good teammate and often reached out to younger players. While that doesn't mean he's not a douche, he is at least one with several sides, and from what I've seen, not one of those sides has been mean.

KingPosey
09-15-2011, 02:11 AM
If Utley and Arod are on this list, it must be more of a 'Dirty" or "Bush league" list than a "mean" list.

If i look further am I gonna see 900 Farnsworth posts?

Halladay
09-15-2011, 04:05 AM
I wouldnt really consider Arod mean. More like this-

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lpiDRDaH-mU/SMU9F1bKycI/AAAAAAAAHRA/_s-cTYtjFXM/s400/808_img_11.jpg

Jeffy25
09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
just saying

Exactly

My understanding of Utley's personality was always one of 'tough/mean/ready to fight'

Maybe that's not fair, but I know he has his edges.

Dude is beyond under-rated as a player though.

Pinstripe pride
09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
bradley and zambrano on the list.................no can't be

KingPosey
09-15-2011, 12:03 PM
just saying

If the word "sneaky" is in there, then he isnt mean. Its more along the lines of bush league or dirty.

No Fun League
09-15-2011, 12:27 PM
If the word "sneaky" is in there, then he isnt mean. Its more along the lines of bush league or dirty.

So if you think Utley is "Dirty" Give me some examples on how he is dirty? Please.

Jeffy25
09-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I remember him saying '**** you' to Yankee fans at the All-Star game when he was announced and they booed him and the camera man was right next to him and accidentally caught it.

Not that that incident means he is a 'dirty' player at all. Just a memory of him (which I don't blame either).

But he plays hard, I can't name instances of dirty play, I haven't watched him enough to really say.

I can say he is massively under-rated according to basically every level of statistics that measure him. It's incredible to be able to have possibly the most under rated second basemen playing right next to possibly the most over-rated first basemen.

BigLee53
09-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Utley being "mean"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJWNIbgICA4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5ZxMqjXsI&feature=related
and who could forget
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJA6JZ_TKaw

Giraffes Rule
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Exactly

My understanding of Utley's personality was always one of 'tough/mean/ready to fight'

Maybe that's not fair, but I know he has his edges.

Dude is beyond under-rated as a player though.

The only thing I've really seen of Utley's personality was him on It's Always Sunny. He's always seemed pretty quiet on the field.

One guy that I'm a little surprised to not see is Chris Carpenter. I don't know if he's necessarily mean, but he's much more confrontational than some of the players on this poll.

ILMindState
09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
surprised Prince Fielder is on the list. He seems like a decent dude.

long ball
09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
pretty funny reaction to this list

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/prince-firstbase-2.jpg

Melo15
09-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Those Prince Fielder pics are just pure awesome.

Jeffy25
09-15-2011, 04:11 PM
The only thing I've really seen of Utley's personality was him on It's Always Sunny. He's always seemed pretty quiet on the field.

One guy that I'm a little surprised to not see is Chris Carpenter. I don't know if he's necessarily mean, but he's much more confrontational than some of the players on this poll.

Couldn't agree more.

Carp, and maybe Molina along with him.

(and I'm a Cards fan)

Jeffy25
09-15-2011, 04:13 PM
pretty funny reaction to this list

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/prince-firstbase-2.jpg

lol, nice, so awesome...heading into my sig.

sixer04fan
09-15-2011, 04:23 PM
I had no idea Vicente Padilla was mean. And how is Nyjer Morgan not at least #2? Haha

Arch Stanton
09-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Albert Belle.

IRNMN
09-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Is this list really necessary? I mean who really gives a **** IMO. However, I do see Kyle Farnsworth is still on the list for his WWE style brawl.

IRNMN
09-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I also noticed Pujols made the list I wonder if that to give Morgan ****?

The Bradley
09-15-2011, 06:03 PM
The only one that surprised me is Jason Kendal. I've never heard any stores about him being mean.

es0terik
09-15-2011, 07:24 PM
but I do think he was humbled a lot by the steroid scandal. He's still going to be ARod, but he's been a good teammate and often reached out to younger players.
None of that matters to me. Oh, he's a good teammate? Am I supposed to find that impressive? He's still the kind of guy that would never stop to sign a kid's autograph. And he's still guy who yelled 'MINE' when running from second to third base to make the Jays fielders stand back and let the ball drop. The guy is the furthest from a classy athlete as possible.

es0terik
09-15-2011, 07:34 PM
I also noticed Pujols made the list I wonder if that to give Morgan ****?

No, I get the Pujols pick. He can be a dick sometimes lol :P

misterd
09-15-2011, 07:45 PM
None of that matters to me. Oh, he's a good teammate? Am I supposed to find that impressive? He's still the kind of guy that would never stop to sign a kid's autograph. And he's still guy who yelled 'MINE' when running from second to third base to make the Jays fielders stand back and let the ball drop. The guy is the furthest from a classy athlete as possible.

I'm sure at some point in the past 15 years he stopped for the autograph.

As for the "mine" thing, its cheap, but if a more well liked player did it people would call him clever.

I am not calling him a saint, or necessarily even a nice guy, but I've heard a lot of good stories about him in recent years that never get much play because they don't fit the Party Line A-Rod is a Douche story (much as I imagine there are bad stories about Jeter that get buried).

But that's ok. Fans seem to prefer their ballplayers to be cartoon characters and not real people.

ManningToTyree
09-15-2011, 07:45 PM
****** list. Where is Posada?

dodgersuck
09-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Utley has always struck me as a huge d-bag

No Fun League
09-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Utley has always struck me as a huge d-bag

why cause he plays hard?

BSplaya2121
09-15-2011, 10:57 PM
Youk, I think?

Im a yankee fan and I naturally hate youk for those reasons, but I actually heard from a couple friends that had met him and they said he was a very nice and respectable guy to them. Soooo idk

Nick O
09-15-2011, 11:35 PM
i see a rod as more of a douche bag then mean

Brett19
09-16-2011, 12:32 AM
:laugh2:

People are STILL mad about Alex yelling mine?

dodgerdave
09-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Victorino (hothead), Rollins (big mouth), and Howard.

JobaRules26
09-16-2011, 07:15 AM

Haha that was funny. MacDonald was dumb enough to fall for it but lets get pissed at A-Rod. A shortstop should never be called off, he gets to anything he can so by him falling for that makes him very very stupid. He fell for a little league play. Really though, nobody cares what a Blue Jays fan has to say. Anything Canada is irrelevant. :)

ritz
09-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I never thought Utley was "mean". I respect his hard play. I also respect him as a person because I'm a huge animal/dog lover and so is he and his wife.

Look how mean Chase Utley is. He even has a Pitbull in the picture with him for the intimidation factor.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/greenwala-attachments/production/attachments/19606/large/chaseutleyPETA72.jpg?1302130689

Dark Donnie
09-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I never thought Utley was "mean". I respect his hard play. I also respect him as a person because I'm a huge animal/dog lover and so is he and his wife.

Look how mean Chase Utley is. He even has a Pitbull in the picture with him for the intimidation factor.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/greenwala-attachments/production/attachments/19606/large/chaseutleyPETA72.jpg?1302130689

what a ******* that Utley is ;)

benzni
09-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Dallas Braden's Grandmother. A-rod had the chills for sure

infernoscurse
09-16-2011, 12:40 PM
why you gotta be so meannnnnnnn

BigLee53
09-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Victorino (hothead), Rollins (big mouth), and Howard.

hmm, all Phillies? loll grow up.

FLYER-FAN
09-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm also unsure of what Sports Illustrated used to define mean ?...
Nyjer Morgan ( yes definitely )
Carlos Zambrano ( yes definitely )
Milton Bradley ( yes definitely )

Most of the rest of that list dont belong there..
SI has sunk to a new level !!

Nick O
09-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm also unsure of what Sports Illustrated used to define mean ?...
Nyjer Morgan ( yes definitely )
Carlos Zambrano ( yes definitely )
Milton Bradley ( yes definitely )

Most of the rest of that list dont belong there..
SI has sunk to a new level !!

you say that like SI is a bad magazine ... just because a bunch of people say a philly is mean and then SI publishes the results the magazine is crap? how is it SI fault? its a poll

miller74
09-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I heard Cal Ripken JR was kind of a jerk, would never participate in team activities, kept to himself. Not sure how true but found it interesting.

No Fun League
09-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Well he did tell the yankee fans "F You" :laugh: Man i love him!

dodgerdave
09-17-2011, 03:39 AM
hmm, all Phillies? loll grow up.

Maybe you should because you're looking at my post deeper than what you should be doing. Three players don't make up an entire roster. Those three are in my top 10 list, if not top 5.

bomber0104
09-17-2011, 04:13 AM
won't be long before Lawrie gets on the list... the dude is a badass