PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: "Wade was our closer."

PinnacleFlash
09-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Hmmm.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Gtv1Ay1Zk#t=3m14s

Bosh pretty much thinks Wade is better than LeBron, must mean something.....

juno10
09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
and....

beasted86
09-14-2011, 05:59 PM
How haven't they restricted this guy's ability to start new threads? It's an obvious troll account.

Anyway, over or under 10 pages...

PinnacleFlash
09-14-2011, 06:03 PM
How haven't they restricted this guy's ability to start new threads? It's an obvious troll account.

I'm just posting the truth, bruh.

jetsfan28
09-14-2011, 06:04 PM
It means... he thinks Wade was their closer. Seriously, anyone who can comprehend basic English could figure out that when he says Wade was their closer, it means he feels Wade was their closer.

juno10
09-14-2011, 06:05 PM

every single thread he has created is about lebron.

obsessed much. he's probably some 13 yrd old kid though.

beasted86
Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's the truth... see post below:

It means... he thinks Wade was their closer. Seriously, anyone who can comprehend basic English could figure out that when he says Wade was their closer, it means he feels Wade was their closer.

Rego247

Wait are you saying that he thinks Wade was their closer?

PinnacleFlash
09-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's the truth... see post below:
whats my opinion? Wade was the closer? Bosh just said it on 1st and 10. :eyebrow:

beasted86
09-14-2011, 06:10 PM
whats my opinion? Wade was the closer? Bosh just said it on 1st and 10. :eyebrow:

Bosh pretty much thinks Wade is better than LeBron

:pity:

Sadds The Gr8
09-14-2011, 06:11 PM
cool story bruh

BSplaya2121
09-14-2011, 06:13 PM
This is probably the most insignificant thread since last year when bleacher report was reporting Lebron was going to 15 different teams (idk i made that up), but still you see how pointless this is. Please close this, its just going to cause hatred amongst ourselves.

NEW THREAD.

REPORT: KOBE DOESNT LIKE TO EAT CHICKEN ON TUESDAYS ACCORDING TO SHAQ. lololol <<< i can do it too

PinnacleFlash
09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Chris Bosh: Dirk Nowitzki is the best player in the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAgqkyvRq-Y&feature=related

Avenged
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Hmmm.....

So Bosh thinks Wade is the closer, and you think that means Wade is better than Lebron? It doesn't mean anything unless you take Bosh's opinion highly.

jetsfan28
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Wait are you saying that he thinks Wade was their closer?

No, I'm saying that he thinks Wade was their closer

SteBO
09-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Um, since when did "Wade was our closer", mean "Wade is better than LeBron"? :confused: I must be out of the loop.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 06:26 PM
He said Wade was the closer, not the better player.

PinnacleFlash
09-14-2011, 06:27 PM
He said Wade was the closer, not the better player.

He said Dirk was the best player in the NBA. Lebrick stans lose again.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 06:30 PM

Where did Dirk come in this? This is about Wade and Dirk.

I said Bosh thought Wade was the closer. Bosh never said anything about Wade being better than James.

You need to learn how to read.

juno10
09-14-2011, 06:31 PM

no one really cares so you lose.

PinnacleFlash
09-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Where did Dirk come in this? This is about Wade and Dirk.

I said Bosh thought Wade was the closer. Bosh never said anything about Wade being better than James.

You need to learn how to read.
He was implying, but you probably don't even know what imply means.

the finals MVP > the dude who has no ring.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 06:35 PM

And how are you so sure he was implying?

Me > You.

DwayneMVPwade
09-14-2011, 06:35 PM
he said wade was the closer, not the better player.

+1

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 06:38 PM
It's simple really, but LeBrick fans don't understand logic.

You can't really expect people to care what you say when you waste your life on threads like this.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644275

At least if you are going to make a thread like that, do better analysis.

Gators123
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Troll.

THE GIPPER
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM

Umm no actually he said dirk is the best player outside of miami.

SteBO
09-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Re-opened...

I like how Chris Bosh handled himself and I liked his honesty. I agree with everything he said as well. I do think we were better balanced when we had it installed that Wade should get the ball in crunch time simply because he's the more compact player and is less predictable offensively. This isn't to say LeBron is the opposite, but he can't get to the basket as easy as Wade can. Alot of people say the same styles, but I don't think that's necessarily the case. Wade has a change-of-pace style that LeBron can't emulate.

Stuckey#3
09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
If this thread was something derogatory about DRose or Kobe you ****ers would be tearing it up...
This really does separate the true Heat fans from the bandwagon. A real Heat fan would have Wade's back on this. Wade won your team a chip already. What has Brick done besides test his gag reflex?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
If this thread was something derogatory about DRose or Kobe you ****ers would be tearing it up...
This really does separate the true Heat fans from the bandwagon. A real Heat fan would have Wade's back on this. Wade won your team a chip already. What has Brick done besides test his gag reflex?

So real Heat fans will blind themselves even if they knew Lebron was the better player?

Geargo Wallace
09-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Hmmm.....

So let me get this straight... Bosh says "Wade was our closer" so you automatically interpret it to mean "I, Chris Bosh, think Dwayne Wade is a better basketball player than Lebron James." If that's what you think, you're a moron. Otherwise you're a troll. Take a Skip Bayless video with a grain of salt.

beasted86
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM

Trolls don't know what "true Heat fans" are, so I take your opinion on our fanbase with a grain of salt.

I respect Wade forever, and still think he's the better player in my eyes than LeBron, but nonetheless the original poster is a troll and is always reaching for something bad to say about a guy on our team now.

Stuckey#3
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
So real Heat fans will blind themselves even if they knew Lebron was the better player?

You would know something about loyalty to players if your team ever won anything... besides the lottery.
And yes you are supposed to be loyal to the players who bring you rings. The truth of the matter is too many heat fans are really just hype fans.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
You would know about loyalty to players if your team ever won anything... besides the lottery.
And yes you are supposed to be loyal to the players who bring you rings.

So being loyal is the right way to go even though it blinds you from the truth?

That's like saying Hitler was right because you were German even though killing people is straight up wrong.

SteBO
09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Let's get back on the topic at hand.......this is at least worthy of some discussion.

Stuckey#3
09-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Trolls don't know what "true Heat fans" are, so I take your opinion on our fanbase with a grain of salt.

I respect Wade forever, and still think he's the better player in my eyes than LeBron, but nonetheless the original poster is a troll and is always reaching for something bad to say about a guy on our team now.

I haven't really been keeping up with the forum... but I do honestly think Wade is the better player.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Let's get back on the topic at hand.......this is at least worthy of some discussion.

He's right in saying Wade was the closer.

:shrug:

MiamiWadeCounty
09-14-2011, 07:26 PM
What is so shocking? It's common knowledge that Wade is the better closer and is arguably the best closer in the league. :shrug:

Stuckey#3
09-14-2011, 07:31 PM
So being loyal is the right way to go even though it blinds you from the truth?

That's like saying Hitler was right because you were German even though killing people is straight up wrong.

That's one of the worst analogies I have ever heard... are you one of those people that brings everything back to hitler?

Maybe you are not getting what I am saying... You have two players:

Player A who is top five player in the league and has won a championship with your team (not to mention Finals MVP) and essentially made your team legitimately competitive and marketable. He was there through the thick and thin.

Player B who is equally talented though less accomplished when it comes to winning becomes a free agent; he decides he would rather play with Player A than compete with him. And purposefully holds a separate press conference to announce his choice of team.

Bring in Nike, Vitamin Water and ESPN, a self-promotion lovefest. Immediately half of the fans in the NBA jump on a bandwagon. Player B begins to overshadow Player A... But when it comes to crunch time, no matter how many endorsements, commercials or shoe campaigns are launched, Player B chokes and is exposed for what he is... A high level sidekick.

If I were a fan of this Team and had to choose one of the two who are essentially equally talented (which Wade is better IMO) I would go with Player A... and you could base that decision on loyalty.

Where you found Hitler and killing people in anything I said is ******** at best.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2011, 07:35 PM
That's one of the worst analogies I have ever heard... are you one of those people that brings everything back to hitler?

Maybe you are not getting what I am saying... You have two players:

Player A who is top five player in the league and has won a championship with your team (not to mention Finals MVP) and essentially made your team legitimately competitive and marketable. He was there through the thick and thin.

Player B who is equally talented though less accomplished when it comes to winning becomes a free agent; he decides he would rather play with Player A than compete with him. And purposefully holds a separate press conference to announce his choice of team.

Bring in Nike, Vitamin Water and ESPN, a self-promotion lovefest. Immediately half of the fans in the NBA jump on a bandwagon. Player B begins to overshadow Player A... But when it comes to crunch time, no matter how many endorsements, commercials or shoe campaigns are launched, Player B chokes and is exposed for what he is... A high level sidekick.

If I were a fan of this Team I would and had to choose one of the two who are essentially equally talented (which Wade is better IMO) I would go with Player A.

Where you found Hitler and killing people in anything I said is ******** at best.

Was it?

If someone thinks Wade is better than Lebron, so be it.

But you basically stated that REAL Heat fans should vote Wade because you need to be loyal.

MJ-BULLS
09-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Wade was the closer for the heat, and did a better job at it than lebron. but, by no means wade is better than lebron.

PinnacleFlash
09-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Wade was the closer for the heat, and did a better job at it than lebron. but, by no means wade is better than lebron.

Sure, but he is. ;)

Crackadalic
09-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Yea so D-wade is the closer. Who didnt know that. Doesnt mean he's better then lebron as a player. Just better at closing games

ATX
09-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Re-opened...

I like how Chris Bosh handled himself and I liked his honesty. I agree with everything he said as well. I do think we were better balanced when we had it installed that Wade should get the ball in crunch time simply because he's the more compact player and is less predictable offensively. This isn't to say LeBron is the opposite, but he can't get to the basket as easy as Wade can. Alot of people say the same styles, but I don't think that's necessarily the case. Wade has a change-of-pace style that LeBron can't emulate.

Great post Stebo. Spot on with the change of pace and the less predictable aspect. LeBron is great in so many ways, but Wade imo is a better closer in general...Though LeBron can be unstoppable when he's clicking.

basketfan4life
09-15-2011, 02:20 AM
well, if they were at the same age, i'd rather build a team aroun wade then lebron.

Knicks21
09-15-2011, 02:42 AM

Chris Bosh: It is cool to jump of cliffs.

johnwayne
09-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Dwyane Wade: "Bosh was our poser"

MOST
09-15-2011, 06:52 AM
I rather have Wade then lebron... just my opinion

3ballbomber
09-15-2011, 07:54 AM
What exactly makes Lebron the better player? in what way? If we're talking about one-on-one/individual you 'may' be right but as a player playing in a 'team' it's totally different thing all together. Wade is a player who creates 'team chemistry' & willing to sacrifice his game in order for the team (agreeing to come off the bench in the Olympics for an example & still come away as the best player in the team as a 6th man)where as Lebron was reported all season long as freelancing on offense & pounding the ball @ the arc. Lebron also playing the majority pg role attempted more shots than any other heat player for the majority of the season until Coach spo finally realized & made some adjustments. Same ol Lebron antics as a Cavs just in a diff uniform. I'd take wade over Lebron any time of the day & Bosh was brutally honest stating in public that Wade is Miami's closer!

KingPosey
09-15-2011, 08:15 AM
He never said Wade was better than LBJ.

Wade should be their closer, he is better at it than LBJ.

LBJ is a top 1-5 player in the nba, but his ability to fill up a stat sheet doesnt mean much to me at all. I believe with all my heart Wade is the better player.

Again, there is no disputing LBJ is the most physically gifted player in the NBA, but he fills up the stat sheets by pounding the ball to death, and he severely lacks moves, and I didnt just start saying that last season. He is still a top guy, but he isnt closer to 1st than he is to 5th best, and you vould make a case for lower.

3ballbomber
09-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Re-opened...

Yes, his honesty is refreshing as most players wouldn't even attempt to be so brutally honest about players in their team. I do find it very surprising he would state this as it may be a topic that may be sensitive to Lebron after yet another year of disappointment in the playoffs. not exactly a confident booster for him. Wonder if theirs any underlying msg here.....find it a little odd.

KingPosey
09-15-2011, 08:22 AM

What do you mean he "probably doesnt know what imply means"? What ARE you trying to say, without saying it?

I. Just. Cant. Understand. Your. Genius. Making. My brain....Hurt....

juno10
09-15-2011, 08:43 AM
i don't know about you but usually i saw the ball in lebrons hands at the end of games, maybe he should have said wade "should" be the closer. regualr season and into the playoffs it was lebron with the ball down the stretch for better or worse.

heyman321
09-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Wait is this about Brian Cardinal?

justinnum1
09-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Hmmm.....

:facepalm: Get a life

Ask bulls fans how lebron is in the clutch, celtics fans too

smith&wesson
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
any one who saw the playoffs knows wade was the closer. lebron didnt do well in the end of games specially in the finals.

also wade may have been the "closer" and was better at finishing games then lebron was but bosh was the most consistant player through out the playoffs.

Raph12
09-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Well since Bosh said it, it must be gospel :rolleyes:

mdm692
09-15-2011, 04:34 PM

but he isnt the best player.:confused:

mdm692
09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Since people are throwing random names out there. Carmelo is the best closer in the nba followed closely by durantula

RZZZA
09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
I love me some Bosh man, I respect the way he carries himself, his intelligence, his eloquence, his thoughtfulness and insight in interviews.

That whole interview with Skip was awesome, Bosh came across as mature and Skip came off as childish.

SteBO
09-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Anyway, LeBron being the better player doesn't mean he's the better closer. Wade is simply the better closer because of Wade's playing style. He's more compact and he gets to the rim alot easier than LeBron can.

TheChamp
09-15-2011, 05:34 PM

Hmmm.....

:pity:

TheChamp
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Anyway, LeBron being the better player doesn't mean he's the better closer. Wade is simply the better closer because Wade's playing style. He's more compact and he gets to the rim alot easier than LeBron can.

Sums it up. /Thread

SteBO
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
But Wade is the better player.
Based on what? I ask this as the biggest Wade homer.

SportsFanatic10
09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Anyway, LeBron being the better player doesn't mean he's the better closer. Wade is simply the better closer because of Wade's playing style. He's more compact and he gets to the rim alot easier than LeBron can.

this and he has a more aggressive shot selection mentality late in games so he gets more fts and higher percentage looks. and people always talk about how great lebron is as a playmaker (and they're right) but wade is a great passer to, people forget that sometimes. lebron dominated the ball more last year hence he had more assists but wade can average 7 or 8 ast per game with ease if he wanted to no question. lebron really needs to learn how to play off the ball more hes terrible at that right now. in the finals he didn't make any cuts or nothing just stood in the corner when he didn't have the rock it seemed like.

part of the reason wade needs the ball late in games is because i think a pick and roll with lebron setting the pick would be deadly. lebron needs to be setting picks/getting offensive rebounds/playing down low in the post and wade is more agile and a better ball handler with his shorter dribbles(to split double teams) so it just makes sense. plus lebron has this ugly habbit of dribbling out the whole shot clock at the top of the arc and then hoisting up ridiculous long 2pt jumpshot attempts.

heyman321
09-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Since people are throwing random names out there. Carmelo is the best closer in the nba followed closely by durantula

LMAO!!!! Not even close. I can't believe how overrate Durant is on this forum. Agreed Carmleo is one of the best though.

Underrated Wade
09-15-2011, 06:44 PM
wade is a better player. look at ma name

Geargo Wallace
09-15-2011, 06:52 PM

Don't worry Stebo, we all had terrible opinions on sports when we were 13 too. Pinnacle Flash is no exception.

smith&wesson
09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
But Wade is the better player.

they are different players.

lebron as 3 plays like a point forward and has more court vision. he distributes and passes the ball very well getting others invovled. He makes team mates better. wade has more of a score first mentality as a shooting gaurd. the biggest thing they have in common is that they like to drive the ball to the basket when scoring and they draw alot of double teams. they like to draw fouls in late game situations and wade might be better at that out of the two of them. lebron is better at passing out of those double teams. wade is a really good shot blocker for his size and position. lebron is the better overall defender.

I would give the edge to lebron personally but they play two different positions its tough to determin whos the better players. the numbers favour lebron in terms of points, rebounds and assists. and with him having the capability to gaurd multiple positions doesnt hurt either.

juno10
09-15-2011, 07:32 PM

in YOUR opinion.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-15-2011, 08:10 PM

If you think he is better, then so be it.

But he said you HAVE to choose Wade because you have to be loyal.

justinnum1
09-15-2011, 08:27 PM

that dude is just a troll

JNA17
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Based on basketball.

your opinion is subjective, lebron being better then Wade is also subjective, chances of me getting laid tonight is subjective. The point is that you have your opinion but don't go on being loud and proud about it, otherwise you will look like an ignorant *******. We have enough of those kind of people in the world today, let's try and lower their population shall we?

AIRMAR72
09-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Um, since when did "Wade was our closer", mean "Wade is better than LeBron"? :confused: I must be out of the loop.

offcourse wade is better if YOU had access to THE HEAT practices you would you SEE why ive been saying it and dirk IS the best player in the league since he won championship and put in WORK but wade is the best player pound for pound in the NBA with his improve post moves he been working on ...LOOKOUT

WHODAT8o8
09-15-2011, 11:19 PM
hope he didnt figure that out just now...

Geargo Wallace
09-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Too bad your opinions are still terrible today at your age. :clap:
Are you a Lakers fan trying to make the Heat fans here look bad? If so, job well done!

offcourse wade is better if YOU had access to THE HEAT practices you would you SEE why ive been saying it and dirk IS the best player in the league since he won championship and put in WORK but wade is the best player pound for pound in the NBA with his improve post moves he been working on ...LOOKOUT

So if Dirk didn't win the championship he wouldn't be the best in the league? Wade is better because you've seen him in practice? This is all very silly.

RZZZA
09-15-2011, 11:25 PM

What are you?

Geargo Wallace
09-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Another LeBron fan? Deal with the fact that your boy is no longer the best player on the team or in the league.

Deal with it.....

What magically happened last season that caused him to "no longer" be the best player in the league?

Geargo Wallace
09-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Whats the difference between LeBron James and a pornstar? A pornstar doesn't choke on the big ones.

Sick man you win!

D Roses Bulls
09-15-2011, 11:42 PM

I really didn't wanna get involved in this thread, but ummmm....... when was the last time the second best player on a team was the actual closer? have you ever heard of it? I mean jordan with the bulls, kobe with the lakers, malone with utah, ewing with the knicks, and I mean I can keep going. best player has always closed for a team right?

Geargo Wallace
As usual.

LeBron never has been and never will be the best player in the league. He went to Miami for a reason.

Is this you Skip?

Rego247
Whats the difference between LeBron James and a pornstar? A pornstar doesn't choke on the big ones.

Clever. :rolleyes:

Geargo Wallace
09-15-2011, 11:43 PM
I really didn't wanna get involved in this thread, but ummmm....... when was the last time the second best player on a team was the actual closer? have you ever heard of it? I mean jordan with the bulls, kobe with the lakers, malone with utah, ewing with the knicks, and I mean I can keep going. best player has always closed for a team right?

How often do you get the 2 best players in the league on the same team?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-16-2011, 12:06 AM

Kobe when he was with Shaq. Hedo with his first stint with the Magic. Manu on some occasions over Duncan. There's a lot more.

Closer doesn't mean the best player taking the shot.

When there's 5 seconds left and you are down by 2, who do you give it to? It just so happens Wade is the better shooter of the 2 so he was probably the more logical choice of the closer. :shrug:

Andrew32
09-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Kobe when he was with Shaq. Hedo with his first stint with the Magic. Manu on some occasions over Duncan. There's a lot more.

Closer doesn't mean the best player taking the shot.

When there's 5 seconds left and you are down by 2, who do you give it to? It just so happens Wade is the better shooter of the 2 so he was probably the more logical choice of the closer. :shrug:

Shaq was the Closer for LA in 00 and both Oneal and Bryant were the Closers for LA in 01 and 02.

Closer means a player who you can rely on to score in the 4th quarter.

Shaq led LA in Post Season 4th Quarter Scoring from 00-02.

TheRunKiller
09-16-2011, 12:50 AM
:facepalm: Get a life

Ask bulls fans how lebron is in the clutch, celtics fans too

What about the team that mattered the most? :facepalm:

TheRunKiller
09-16-2011, 12:56 AM

says the biggest troll on here :rolleyes:

b0nk
09-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Shaq was the Closer for LA in 00 and both Oneal and Bryant were the Closers for LA in 01 and 02.

Closer means a player who you can rely on to score in the 4th quarter.

Shaq led LA in Post Season 4th Quarter Scoring from 00-02.

i remember kobe being the closer. they had to pull Shaq out the game cause teams kept using the Hack-a-Shaq back then

Sactown
09-16-2011, 01:41 AM
The best player isn't always the best offensive player or best shooter.. so yeah closer and best player are two different things especially when you have two great players on one team... they both of strengths and weaknesses!

meatsapphire
09-16-2011, 01:52 AM
The best player isn't always the best offensive player or best shooter..http://godimage.co.cc/thumb/base/images/potter/34/h/eek.gif so yeah closer and best player are two different things especially when you have two great players on one team... they both of strengths and weaknesses!

that is logic explanation

marj987
09-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Typical PSD posters trying to find another reason to bash Heat fans, all he is saying is that Wade was the "Heat's" closer.

But either way, this still deserves a.....

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb43b6nlD61qdg6g4o1_500.gif

juno10
09-16-2011, 10:20 AM

closer is the player who has the ball down the stretch of games, and thats usually lebron. he closed the celtics series and bulls series no? so lebron is the closer.

juno10
09-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Is this you Skip?

skipp is much more articulate than this fellow.

juno10
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
closer shows up in the finals, lebron showed up? since when?

i guess miami has no closers than cause wade didn't close out a single game in the finals too busy making errant turnovers in the 4th Q.

Yanks All Day
09-16-2011, 12:27 PM
As usual.

LeBron never has been and never will be the best player in the league. He went to Miami for a reason.

Been sleeping the last 3 years, eh?

ink
09-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Considering this is a troll thread, it has definitely run its course. Closed.