PDA

View Full Version : Josh Selby is not gay, but is curious( link below)

stlbest5in2013
09-13-2011, 06:55 PM
http://sandrarose.com/2011/09/nba-rookie-josh-selby-says-im-just-curious-not-gay/

Wow! Now we all know what self sells his recruits on, "non gay manly showers together"

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
lol

TheChamp
09-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Ha

DaBUU
09-13-2011, 07:20 PM
alrighty then

Sadds The Gr8
09-13-2011, 07:24 PM
woah...

Punk
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
:laugh:

I did not see this coming from Josh.

Slimsim
09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
didn't half the knicks fans on psd want him

DoMeFavors
09-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Maybe he was talking about his teamate Rudy Gay?

Punk
09-13-2011, 07:28 PM

99% Knick fans wanted him. 1% of us here did not care.

jimm120
09-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Would it be wrong to draft him?

I'm pretty sure that if he pans out, he'll still be a good player, gay, bi or bi-curious.

Just saying.

Plus, as long as he isnt acting all flamboyant...

Infamous916
09-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Weird

ichitownclowni
09-13-2011, 07:47 PM
woah do what your gonna do bro but dont advertise it brah

Slimsim
09-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Would it be wrong to draft him?

I'm pretty sure that if he pans out, he'll still be a good player, gay, bi or bi-curious.

Just saying.

Plus, as long as he isnt acting all flamboyant...

imo we picked 2 better players

ManRam
09-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't care, and don't get why others do either...

GeekInThePink
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
So? He's possibly gay. Big deal.

Lloyd Christmas
09-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I give it 24 hours before he says his twitter account was hacked.

n83417
09-13-2011, 08:01 PM

That was my initial thought as well.

Hellcrooner
09-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Ru paul isnt gay he is just VERY CURIOUS.

KingPosey
09-13-2011, 08:16 PM
If he's being serious this is bold. He might catch a lot of **** too. But **** it, do what you want brotha.

lol he just posted it on the internet not givin a ****, or because hes an idiot.

Hellcrooner
09-13-2011, 08:17 PM
If he's being serious this is bold. He might catch a lot of **** too. But **** it, do what you want brotha.

if its true, hes out of the league by midseason, sad but true thats how things work in prosport.

KingPosey
09-13-2011, 08:18 PM

This is thie only move he has isnt it? Or admit it, and people wont let it happen.

Stuckey#3
09-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Probably fake... the source doesn't seem too reliable.
When did PSD become a celebrity gossip forum?
I admit I laugh when Lebron and some others do stupid ****... but they publicly bring attention to themselves. Even if it is true it's his personal business.

CountSackula
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm not surprised. He does look to be a little light in the loafers...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Andrew32
09-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Who cares if he is gay or bi.

We all have a right to our own preferences.

HeaTxRipZz
09-13-2011, 08:47 PM
who cares....that's his business

what he likes to do off the court is on him has no bearing on how good of a player he will be

lurkinglionsfan
09-13-2011, 08:59 PM
So? He's possibly gay. Big deal.

this , i bet a bunch of idiots on here will hate on him for this and i also bet players will make a deal about him "swiping" at them

ManRam
09-13-2011, 09:01 PM
The source isn't "reliable" because no "reliable" source gives two ***** about this...even if it were true. If you're waiting for ESPN to tell us that he is bi-curious or whatever...you'll be waiting forever, even it's true.

Stuckey#3
09-13-2011, 09:17 PM
^this is much less viable/basketball related than most other threads that have been closed recently. Why is it even still open?

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 09:24 PM
It is thread worthy because it is a bold move that very few have done... There is nothing wrong with it and most of you might not care but it is a big deal. We don't live in a society where everyone is happy and accepting... This type of thing can be a distraction on and off the court and to me him saying it might not be the best route to go to be honest.

da ThRONe
09-13-2011, 09:39 PM
At this point who really care what players do as long as it's not illegal.

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 09:46 PM
At this point who really care what players do as long as it's not illegal.

If I was a fan of the team I would care... I get he has every right to say what he wants and to live that life style but people also are allowed to have opinions on it and some teammates might not like it and it could become a distraction. Why is there a need to tell everyone that business? Do players come out and say they are straight or they only like girls? Why not just go about his business without turning it into a spectacle. There is no need to reveal anything about his personal life... If your curious go out with a guy but why come out and say it? I just don't see how any good can come from this

MrfadeawayJB
09-13-2011, 09:47 PM
His skills on the court are undeniable, regardless of his possible sexual orientation. I personally beleived he got hacked, but who knows

Tanakid777
09-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't care, and don't get why others do either...

this

Brooklyn Mets
09-13-2011, 09:57 PM
weird to say the least

da ThRONe
09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
If I was a fan of the team I would care... I get he has every right to say what he wants and to live that life style but people also are allowed to have opinions on it and some teammates might not like it and it could become a distraction. Why is there a need to tell everyone that business? Do players come out and say they are straight or they only like girls? Why not just go about his business without turning it into a spectacle. There is no need to reveal anything about his personal life... If your curious go out with a guy but why come out and say it? I just don't see how any good can come from this

I don't fool with twitter(it's pointless IMO) so I'm not 100%sure how it works, but wasn't this private? In the text it says "don't tell anybody". Which gives me the impression this was a private discussion.

oak2455
09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
He's Happy

GoPacers33
09-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Lol

ManRam
09-13-2011, 10:10 PM
^this is much less viable/basketball related than most other threads that have been closed recently. Why is it even still open?

I don't really know :laugh: I agree that it isn't thread worthy.

It is thread worthy because it is a bold move that very few have done... There is nothing wrong with it and most of you might not care but it is a big deal. We don't live in a society where everyone is happy and accepting... This type of thing can be a distraction on and off the court and to me him saying it might not be the best route to go to be honest.

Bold move? He didn't release this "info" intentionally. He wasn't being bold at all. If he was trying to keep it a secret (and it sucks you still have to these days) then it was a stupid move. It would be bold if he came out publicly and said so...but he doesn't have to, nor should he have to.

I think, for the most part (sans crime and willingly divulging info etc.) their private lives should be respected and treated as private. That won't happen, but I don't care about his personal preferences, and neither should anyone else...

Corey
09-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Seriously, who the **** cares what his sexual orientation is? God I hate the media. Let the kid have a life.

Corey
09-13-2011, 10:16 PM

Cant tell if serious, or been isolated from society for past decade..

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 10:17 PM
I don't really know :laugh: I agree that it isn't thread worthy.

Bold move? He didn't release this "info" intentionally. He wasn't being bold at all. If he was trying to keep it a secret (and it sucks you still have to these days) then it was a stupid move. It would be bold if he came out publicly and said so...but he doesn't have to, nor should he have to.

I think, for the most part (sans crime and willingly divulging info etc.) their private lives should be respected and treated as private. That won't happen, but I don't care about his personal preferences, and neither should anyone else...

I know he didn't just jump out and say I am here and queer... I figured he had it on his profile or something. More so my bad for not reading the article.

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Explain?

I was completely serious about everything I said and standby it... I made the mistake of not reading the article and thought he came out himself.

Ovratd1up
09-13-2011, 10:30 PM
OH. MY. GOD.

How will I reevaluate my philosophy to account for this disturbing information??!

Ovratd1up
09-13-2011, 10:33 PM

I know nothing about the dude or this situation, but I'm guessing the answer to your question about why he would reveal this is... because he wanted to. If he wanted to, of course, and wasn't private. That's like Lebron saying that even though he respects cows, he eats beef. The term "cool story bro" was made for occasions like this. What the **** does it matter?

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 10:34 PM
I wonder what would be said If a guy like Bryant or Jordan came out

GhostfaceDrilla
09-13-2011, 10:34 PM
imo we picked 2 better players

Yeah and also in your opinion you probably think Carmelo and Amare are the #1 and #2 greatest players in NBA history, Iman Shumpert is easily better than Kobe, and Landry Fields is = to Larry Bird.

Mr Haha
09-13-2011, 10:36 PM

Exactly. Maybe he's been trying to come out for years but he's been afraid to be himself because the world is full of homophobes (on full display here on PSD) who will treat him like less than a person because of his biological sexual orientation.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-13-2011, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't really care.

But it would be weird having someone who could potentially do something to you in the locker room.

At the end, if someone tried to look or touch my piece, it will be a really weird experience.

Mr Haha
09-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Shouldn't all you people be at a tea party rally somewhere?

Mr Haha
09-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't really care.

But it would be weird having someone who could potentially do something to you in the locker room.

At the end, if someone tried to look or touch my piece, it will be a really weird experience.

Gay people don't go around "touching" pieces you homophobe.

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 10:39 PM
I know nothing about the dude or this situation, but I'm guessing the answer to your question about why he would reveal this is... because he wanted to. If he wanted to, of course, and wasn't private. That's like Lebron saying that even though he respects cows, he eats beef. The term "cool story bro" was made for occasions like this. What the **** does it matter?

I was wrong he didnt come out...That being said let me answer your question on if he did what does it matter? Last time I checked we don't live in a society where everyone is nice and accepting... There would be nothing wrong with him coming out to some people but others might not like it and some of those others could be his teammates... People don't have to accept it or be ok with it...Again my opinion was on him boldly coming out which he didn't... I find it an unneeded distraction... If your gay just be gay... No need to announce it which I thought he did.

Also stop with the cool story bro ********... Does everyone have to ride on other peoples dicks... Jesus christ just bring something to the topic or don't ****ing post.

Hellcrooner
09-13-2011, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't really care.

do you go out there adn touch every girls boobs and *** you find in the street?

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 10:41 PM

:laugh:

Lmfao I love raps Lol

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 10:42 PM

If we were fully naked showering near each other I would.

Hellcrooner
09-13-2011, 10:43 PM
If we were fully naked showering near each other I would.

never been to a beach/swimingpool where girls were topless? or to a nudist beach?

Raps18-19 Champ
09-13-2011, 10:44 PM

One of my friends actually "joked" around trying to grab mine and other guys nuts. He later admitted he was gay.

I know that shouldn't reason out my stance but maybe that had something to do with it.

Like I wouldn't care if someone was gay or bi but I just rather not have someone touch me or anything.

More-Than-Most
09-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Exactly. Maybe he's been trying to come out for years but he's been afraid to be himself because the world is full of homophobes (on full display here on PSD) who will treat him like less than a person because of his biological sexual orientation.

was this pointed at me? Because what exactly did I say that makes anyone think I hate the homosexuals?

THE MTL
09-13-2011, 10:46 PM
lol this is really fake ppl.

More-Than-Most
never been to a beach/swimingpool where girls were topless? or to a nudist beach?

:( No

Ovratd1up
first of all,

Also stop with the cool story bro ********... Does everyone have to ride on other peoples dicks... Jesus christ just bring something to the topic or don't ****ing post.

I've never, literally never before that post, used cool story bro anywhere. I think that it's a stupid term, but if you're gonna bring it out this is where to do it. An irrelevant story that a bunch of people care about.

I was wrong he didnt come out...That being said let me answer your question on if he did what does it matter? Last time I checked we don't live in a society where everyone is nice and accepting... There would be nothing wrong with him coming out to some people but others might not like it and some of those others could be his teammates... People don't have to accept it or be ok with it...Again my opinion was on him boldly coming out which he didn't... I find it an unneeded distraction... If your gay just be gay... No need to announce it which I thought he did.
"If you're gay just be gay"
He's his own dude, he can decide what he wants to do and what he doesn't want to do. If he doesn't mind the ignorant people who will irrationally hate on him, then that's great, he doesn't have to hide from anything. There's no need to announce your opinion on this site, but I don't give a ****, have a blast. Do what you want, have fun, and preferably don't be coerced into hiding in closets.

Mr Haha
09-13-2011, 10:47 PM
The whole "morale" argument against allowing gay people to be who they are freely without fear of violence or hatred has been fully rejected by the American public, as Don't Ask Don't Tell was repealed earlier this year due to huge support in public polling for getting rid of the caveman law. Maybe you guys should catch up with the times. Live and let live.

Hellcrooner
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM
:( No

well no one goes out there touching other peoples things out there.

mmm is topless legal in the states?

americaspasttim
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Closed...