PDA

View Full Version : CBSSportsline: Why working for TNT may not be good for Shaq

JordansBulls
09-13-2011, 10:50 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/31899960

Shaq was asked about the difference between the league now and when he came in.

Business-wise, itís different. When I was in high school, every team had a star and a Hall of Famer. You donít have that now. Letís be real: Orlando, Boston, L.A., Miami ó thatís it. Maybe Memphis, the Spurs, maybe Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns and the New York Knicks. Only nine or 10 teams have a star. In my opinion, itís kind of gone down. Youíve still got some young guys that are very exciting. They understand and grasp the power that they have.

Your new analyst, TNT! Seriously Shaq? No Oklahoma City and Kevin Durant? No Derrick Rose and the Bulls? No Clippers and Blake Griffin? No Mavericks and Dirk? Chris Paul and the Hornets? Deron Williams and the Nets? I understand overlooking Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge, but someone's a little too nostalgic for The Good Old Days. There's more talent in the league than ever. I just counted 20 teams with a star. I think you're shortselling there big time, Shaq.

gwrighter
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
true, maybe he should work for CBS instead. lol

ManRam
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah....Shaq isn't going to be a good analyst. Entertaining, but there's already plenty of entertainment on TNT.

gwrighter
09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I just hope that he doesn't take shots at people on the air. I think they should pigeon hole him into only talking about Big Men... Or, ask him leading questions because giving this man free reign on whatever he says could backfire. I dislike biased/uneducated opinions. I hope they make shaq learn more about the league before asking him open ended questions. I hope he understands that this is real life & a lot of fans are sensitive in regards to what is said about their teams on the air. ESPECIALLY Raptor fans. We already take a lot of flack from Chris Webber & Kenny Smith, & then have 16 year olds on PSD mimicking those guys like they have a clue. To me, it seems like Shaq has a bone to pick with just about everyone, whether its jokingly or not. The last thing we need is an all-time great bashing ANY team because of a lack of knowledge.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Funny part is... " Orlando, Boston, L.A., Miami — that’s it", Shaq played for those teams.

0nekhmer
09-13-2011, 11:37 AM
he said those teams were the only teams to have a HOF and all star. It's true

sep11ie
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
he said those teams were the only teams to have a HOF and all star. It's true

So Dwight is already a HOFer? Who's there other all star?

topdog
09-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Who's a HOFer on the Griz??

Shmontaine
09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
the big retraction...

Iodine
09-13-2011, 12:15 PM
This is what weve come too NBA lockout :pity: