PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most fundamentally sound player in the history of the game?

basketfan4life
09-11-2011, 08:13 AM
So, who you think?

A little reasoning would be nice...

Hostetler
09-11-2011, 08:31 AM
the Groundhog

MiamiWadeCounty
09-11-2011, 08:38 AM
I'll go with the Big Fundamental here.

Law25
09-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Timmey is an throw back. Kobe crosses every generation. The Dream post pay is legendary. I cant decide really.

Supreme LA
09-11-2011, 09:29 AM
It has to be Kobe over Tim. As a guard, Kobe can do anything Tim can do in the post. Kobe's footwork and ball handle are also second to none.

a_dub06
09-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else feels this problem, but for me its near impossible and unfair to say which player would be the "most" fundamentally sound player of all time as comparing players from different positions is kind of like comparing apples and oranges.

If your a sound fundamental big then your technique must be great with your footwork, post play, defense, rebounding, and basically all the attributes the unathletic white guys that first played in the NBA based their skills on.

If your a sound fundamental guard however then your technique must be great with your footwork, dribbling, passing, shooting.....etc

So as we already know, different positions require different skill sets which yes being a guard doesn't stop them learning post nor does being a center stop them from learning dribble moves, but it is not very often we will see a center take the ball down the court or a guard perfect a jump hook. This would give shooting guards and especially the forwards the advantage of displaying a greater variety of moves simply due to the role of their position (or height) and also produce the issue of comparing different skills because we have no accurate measurement basis to say/assume that having great footwork would be the equivalent of having a great shooting technique for example.

Personally I would say that Magic had the greatest array of fundamental skills due to his height/skill set which allowed him to play all 5 positions well. Bird and Kidd also displayed a great variety of fundamental skills. Duncan on the other hand I believe had a smaller variety but had a greater impact using fundamental skills.

Sorry to write an essay whilst not giving a clear concise answer but I definitely do not believe its a clear concise question. If the question was pertaining to the most fundamentally sound player of every position I would probably say:

pg- Magic
sg- Kobe
sf- Baylor
pf- Duncan
c- Kareem/Hakeem

Something else to consider is that most of us only really know how players of current times play leaving us to judge them against what we have heard/read about the older greats of the game...

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
09-11-2011, 09:56 AM
sabonis

Sadds The Gr8
09-11-2011, 10:03 AM
It has to be Kobe over Tim. As a guard, Kobe can do anything Tim can do in the post. Kobe's footwork and ball handle are also second to none.

wow...

GoPacers33
09-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Larry legend

basketfan4life
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM

as great as Kobes post play is, what you said is a bit of a strech..

GoPacers33
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Lol that could be in a sig that might be the stupidest thing I've seen on PSD.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Lol that could be in a sig that might be the stupidest thing I've seen on PSD.

agreed, timmy at his prime in the post was literally unstoppable.

Hellcrooner
09-11-2011, 10:24 AM
bad question

1st because you cant compare positions in this regard of fundamentals.
2 because OP should ahve specified IN NBA; because in "the game of basketball" the odds that the most fundamentaly sound player ever is some european none of you have ever heard bout is high, someone like Dalipaglic or somethng like that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-11-2011, 10:28 AM
bad question

2 because OP should ahve specified IN NBA; because in "the game of basketball" the odds that the most fundamentaly sound player ever is some european none of you have ever heard bout is high, someone like Dalipaglic or somethng like that.

that would be ridicilous

Corey
09-11-2011, 10:29 AM
bad question

2 because OP should ahve specified IN NBA; .

Its the NBA forum

Hellcrooner
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
that would be ridicilous

but entirely posible, with some of your neighbours up there in lithuania being candidates.

beasted86
09-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Hakeem.

All around solid fundamentals. He could get steal like a guard, he could block shots like Mutumbo, and his footwork in the post is one of the greatest all time if not the greatest. Very underrated post passer as well.

JasonJohnHorn
09-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Its a tie between John Stockotn and Tim Duncan.

How it Stockton not even on this list?

a_dub06
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
bad question

I completely agree with you Hellcrooner that the majority of Americans undervalue players from our continent however I swear every single post you make has something to do with promoting our players over theirs.

International players for the large part are forced to perfect fundamental skills because they lack the athleticism of African American players. Just because the African American players can run faster or jump higher does not preclude them from perfecting their fundamentals.

Your statement also works both ways as a relatively unknown professional basketball player from anywhere in the world could actually possess the "most" fundamentally sound skills. Also, just because a player is fundamentally sound it does not necessarily mean he is a "great" player....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
but entirely posible, with some of your neighbours up there in lithuania being candidates.

hmmm...better than duncan? don't think so:shrug:

Hellcrooner
09-11-2011, 10:42 AM
hmmm...better than duncan? don't think so:shrug:

i see your duncan and up it with a sabonis.

beasted86
09-11-2011, 10:43 AM
So what European player has perfect defensive fundamentals?

I swear people always forget that there are two sides of playing basketball. I'm certain there are GMs that think that exact way, and that's why teams like the Raptors exist for years without a thought in regards to defense.

Hellcrooner
09-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I completely agree with you Hellcrooner that the majority of Americans undervalue players from our continent however I swear every single post you make has something to do with promoting our players over theirs.

International players for the large part are forced to perfect fundamental skills because they lack the athleticism of African American players. Just because the African American players can run faster or jump higher does not preclude them from perfecting their fundamentals.

Your statement also works both ways as a relatively unknown professional basketball player from anywhere in the world could actually possess the "most" fundamentally sound skills. Also, just because a player is fundamentally sound it does not necessarily mean he is a "great" player....

agree completely on that, wich makes a good third point against OP.

tehre actually may have been some role players in nba history whose fundamentals were VASTLY SUPERIOR to some stars but whose pisical atributes werent enoug to cut it at star level.

Hellcrooner
09-11-2011, 10:46 AM
So what European player has perfect defensive fundamentals?

I swear people always forget that there are two sides of playing basketball. I'm certain there are GMs that think that exact way, and that's why teams like the Raptors exist for years without a thought in regards to defense.

ALL the europeans.

Because Fundamentals in Defense mean COLECTIVE DEFENSE , positioning and transition in a TEAM DEFENSE.

What you are talkign bout is One on one defense that relies on phisic alone.

REAL TEam Defense is forbidden by nba rules Btw.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
ALL the europeans.

Because Fundamentals in Defense mean COLECTIVE DEFENSE , positioning and transition in a TEAM DEFENSE.

What you are talkign bout is One on one defense that relies on phisic alone.

REAL TEam Defense is forbidden by nba rules Btw.

zone is legal now:eyebrow:

a_dub06
09-11-2011, 10:52 AM
agree completely on that, wich makes a good third point against OP.

tehre actually may have been some role players in nba history whose fundamentals were VASTLY SUPERIOR to some stars but whose pisical atributes werent enoug to cut it at star level.

If you want the real kicker to this entire debate, it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to say which player is the "most" fundamentally sound because there is NO person, I repeat, NO person in the entire world that has seen every single game from every single league in the world to accurately put a name to that title.

Even if we focus on the NBA, I highly doubt anybody has seen enough NBA games since the inception of the league in 1946 to accurately compare every player that has every played and give an accurate answer. We can go back and fourth as many times as we like stating our reasons but at the end of the day its all subjective

a_dub06
09-11-2011, 10:54 AM
zone is legal now:eyebrow:

Zone may be legal but there's still the 3 second violation on the defensive end

basketfan4life
09-11-2011, 11:03 AM
hey crooner, lets pretend that i wrote in the nba and just answer the question..

i'm aware of the d.bodirogas(offense),d.diamantidis'(defense),p.nao moskis, of this world, as it is nba forum, i'm talking about nba...

also, if you think a guard is 6 out of 10 lets say about post play, you can value it 7 or 8 of big man post play , it's all about your god damn opinion...

Hellcrooner
09-11-2011, 11:06 AM
hey crooner, lets pretend that i wrote in the nba and just answer the question..

i'm aware of the d.bodirogas(offense),d.diamantidis'(defense),p.nao moskis, of this world, as it is nba forum, i'm talking about nba...

also, if you think a guard is 6 out of 10 lets say about post play, you can value it 7 or 8 of big man post play , it's all about your god damn opinion...

imo the best fundamentals as of today (active players) at each position?

Kidd, Kobe,Battier, Pau, Duncan.

all time in Nba?

Stockton, West, Bird, Duncan, Hakeem. but its 100% subjective and Highly debatable.

jericho
09-11-2011, 11:22 AM
all of them are and really diffucult to decide but i gotta give it to bird other than timmy not very athlethic but they were able to take over games in other ways

sheba021
09-11-2011, 11:30 AM
International players for the large part are forced to perfect fundamental skills because they lack the athleticism of African American players.
That was 15-25 years ago. Today they are no less fundamentally challenged than American players are. Someone mentioned Dalipagic earlier, he would be a great choice. I haven't seen a European player of that level since...well, Dalipagic.

And as for the topic, Pistol Pete by a landslide.

llemon
09-11-2011, 12:33 PM
That was 15-25 years ago. Today they are no less fundamentally challenged than American players are. Someone mentioned Dalipagic earlier, he would be a great choice. I haven't seen a European player of that level since...well, Dalipagic.

And as for the topic, Pistol Pete by a landslide.

Hopefully, the Maravich candidacy is a joke.

Is there any reason Michael Jordan shouldn't be mentioned as a candidate?

And other than a really bad attitude, Derrick Coleman had it all.

beasted86
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Zone may be legal but there's still the 3 second violation on the defensive end

He meant in Euroleague there is no 3 second violation. They are allowed to camp under the basket like HS and college making it much easier. But even team defense they have weak fundamentals in Europe even with the easier rules.

There are a ton of Euro players who were never taught what a rotation is on defense and thats why they look so out of place in NBA defensive systems. An easy example of this is Andrea Bargnani... I sware on everything he's never rotated to the open guy ever same with Calderon. How can such high profile players in Europe be so bad at such a simple concept of team defense? Even guys like Steve Nash and Mike Bibby who never had the physical ability still have slightly better fundamentals of team defense and 1 on 1 defense.

KeepMonta#8
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
no Chris paul? and dont get me wrong, kobe bryant is fundamental, but some of these laker fans are starting over rate the shlt out of his fundamentals.

basketfan4life
09-11-2011, 02:53 PM
no Chris paul? and dont get me wrong, kobe bryant is fundamental, but some of these laker fans are starting over rate the shlt out of his fundamentals.

if you say Kobe is overrated by lakers fans that i can agree with, but fundamentally i don't think you can overrate the shilt outta him.

LakersMaster24
09-11-2011, 03:13 PM
There is a reason they call him the big fundamental.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Larry Bird. The most skilled player in history imo.

sheba021
09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Hopefully, the Maravich candidacy is a joke.

:facepalm:

BHF
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
its d rose

llemon
09-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I can see where Larry Bird makes a great candidate.

But Kobe is another story. He's certainly an incredible talent, and possibly in the top 10 players of all-time.

But jacking up bad shots on an almost consistent basis does not point to him being the most fundamentally sound player in the history of the game.

PurpleJesus
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
i feel like arvydas sabonis should be on this list...and John Stockton

llemon
09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
i feel like arvydas sabonis should be on this list...and John Stockton

We just didn't see enough of Sabonis.

But Stockton is a great candidate, as included amongst his fundamental skills was the fundamental knowledge that playing dirty is a fundamental of increasing your chances to be successful in the NBA game.

JasonJohnHorn
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Where is Bill Russell on this list man? $#!T!!!!!!

llemon
09-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Where is Bill Russell on this list man? $#!T!!!!!!

He ranks at #6 3/4.

Is the ability to shoot to part of fundamental basketball? And I'm not saying knocking down the 17 footer. I'm talking about having SOME KIND of touch, shooting-wise.

Astronaut
09-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Larry legend

He was soooo good on defense. ;)

llemon
09-11-2011, 06:09 PM
He was soooo good on defense. ;)

Fundamentally, he was.

But as prohibited by his abilities, he wasn't.

But I'm considering this a thread about fundamentals.

And this brings me back to where I am the ONLY person in this thread to mention Michael Jordan.

What exactly is that about?

HoopsDrive
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Oscar Schmidt

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 06:42 PM
It's funny to have a poll when a guy's nickname screams that he's the answer but I really think he deserves it. There is not an aspect of being a PF that Tim Duncan did not excel in compared to his peers.

KeepMonta#8
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM

if you say Kobe is overrated by lakers fans that i can agree with, but fundamentally i don't think you can overrate the shilt outta him.

^^^kobe does have good footwork but come on man, kobe over timmy lol my ***

llemon
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
It's funny to have a poll when a guy's nickname screams that he's the answer but I really think he deserves it. There is not an aspect of being a PF that Tim Duncan did not excel in compared to his peers.

Not doubt that Tim Duncan is INCREDIBLY adept at the fundamentals of the game.

But your theory would legitimize that is Shaq is the equivelent of Aristotle (and many other nicknames), and Allen Iverson is The Answer, and that Hakeem is A Dream, Wilt played on Stilts, Eddie Miles had a Golden Arm, Nick Van Exel was Excellent, Karl Malone worked for the Postal Service, Nate Archibald played the game on Roller Skates, Julius Erving and Darnell Hillman were men of medicine, Rich Jones was actually A House that was capable of playing professional basketball, and Billy Paultz was in fact, A Whopper.

That was fun, and I know I left out some beauts.

PurpleJesus
09-11-2011, 07:22 PM
We just didn't see enough of Sabonis.

But Stockton is a great candidate, as included amongst his fundamental skills was the fundamental knowledge that playing dirty is a fundamental of increasing your chances to be successful in the NBA game.

7 seasons should be long enough...

couple other names to throw out there...Jason Kidd, Vlade Divac

shep33
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Even as a Laker fan, I think McHale is right there at the top

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Not doubt that Tim Duncan is INCREDIBLY adept at the fundamentals of the game.

But your theory would legitimize that is Shaq is the equivelent of Aristotle (and many other nicknames), and Allen Iverson is The Answer, and that Hakeem is A Dream, Wilt played on Stilts, Eddie Miles had a Golden Arm, Nick Van Exel was Excellent, Karl Malone worked for the Postal Service, Nate Archibald played the game on Roller Skates, Julius Erving and Darnell Hillman were men of medicine, Rich Jones was actually A House that was capable of playing professional basketball, and Billy Paultz was in fact, A Whopper.

That was fun, and I know I left out some beauts.

Seems like you had a good time with that post but I'm still not sure if you are agreeing with me or not. :laugh: You can fill me in later.

naps
09-11-2011, 07:55 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Kobe Bryant is overrated. I always felt that. And if people wonder why this post could be a start for you.

Geargo Wallace
09-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Even as a Laker fan, I think McHale is right there at the top

this.

naps
09-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I can see where Larry Bird makes a great candidate.

But Kobe is another story. He's certainly an incredible talent, and possibly in the top 10 players of all-time.

But jacking up bad shots on an almost consistent basis does not point to him being the most fundamentally sound player in the history of the game.

Kobe doesn't belong in this list for God's sake. People are too young on this site and have very little knowledge. And the guy wrote Mike instead of Michael Jordan just so some people miss his name. WTF! Michael Jordan was the most fundamentally sound player of all time. Just because he's the GOAT doesn't mean he can't be the most fundamentally correct. Hakeem, Duncan, and Bird are the closest ones to MJ.

TheNumber37
09-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Timmy for having the most success using his fundamentals.
Kobe is probably overall the most fundamental cause of his versatility. However, his scoring nature is not necessarily fundamental, so there's that...

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Kobe doesn't belong in this list for God's sake. People are too young on this site and have very little knowledge. And the guy wrote Mike instead of Michael Jordan just so some people miss his name. WTF! Michael Jordan was the most fundamentally sound player of all time. Just because he's the GOAT doesn't mean he can't be the most fundamentally correct. Hakeem, Duncan, and Bird are the closest ones to MJ.

Jordan is the goat but a fundmentally sound SG should be able to make more then 33% of his threes. I'm just sayin. Duncan checks all the boxes.

naps
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Jordan is the goat but a fundmentally sound SG should be able to make more then 33% of his threes. I'm just sayin. Duncan checks all the boxes.

Ray Allen should be nominated here then.

Jordan literally had no flaws in his game. I think we need a perfect definition here what fundamentals mean.

And like I said Duncan, Hakeem, Bird all should be in the discussion but I feel like MJ had the better fundamentals in all aspects of the game. But Kobe shouldn't be here for God's sake. I bet most posters here didn't watch Basketball in the 90's.

tredigs
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I haven't read any posts, but I would add Chris Paul to this list. Him and Tim are the two most fundamentally pure players I've ever seen live.

Jordan as well. And for those that say Jordan couldn't shoot threes, check any year he actually tried shooting them - or ask a certain coach who challenged him on it in the playoffs... didn't turn out well for them.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Fundamentally, he was.

But as prohibited by his abilities, he wasn't.

But I'm considering this a thread about fundamentals.

And this brings me back to where I am the ONLY person in this thread to mention Michael Jordan.

What exactly is that about?

yep, Michael Jordan is as good a candidate as anyone. I think in a thread like this, people cast aside anyone who was also a spectacular athlete, and dive into those who lived of skill almost entirely, which could be a mistake.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2011, 08:44 PM

unfortunately, Shaq didn't play with Bird, so we couldn't get his nickname from Shaq, which apparently holds more water than any other type of opinion...

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Ray Allen should be nominated here then.

Jordan literally had no flaws in his game. I think we need a perfect definition here what fundamentals mean.

And like I said Duncan, Hakeem, Bird all should be in the discussion but I feel like MJ had the better fundamentals in all aspects of the game. But Kobe shouldn't be here for God's sake. I bet most posters here didn't watch Basketball in the 90's.

You're exaggerating my point my friend. Like the guy who says "Oh Robert Horry must be better than Karl Malone since has has more rings."

The Fundamentals of a guard mean dribbling, passing, driving, shooting, defense. Jordan would get high marks in all of those except for shooting. There's a flaw in his fundamentals. For his career he's a below average perimeter shooter.

MJ-BULLS
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Michael Jordan and Larry Bird.

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
unfortunately, Shaq didn't play with Bird, so we couldn't get his nickname from Shaq, which apparently holds more water than any other type of opinion...

Bird is more fundamentally sound than Duncan? Is that what you're saying? Bird's man to man defense is nowhere near the level of Duncan's.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Bird is more fundamentally sound than Duncan? Is that what you're saying? Bird's man to man defense is nowhere near the level of Duncan's.

And Duncan's offensive fundamentals don't match Bird's. Nor does he rebounding at his position, passing ability, range, ball handling, etc. Bird was better than the credit he gets on defense imo as well. By no means am I calling him an elite defender, but Bird's complete elite skill level offensively, and quick hands and timely positioning on defense, are what make him #1 to me.

llemon
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
And Duncan's offensive fundamentals don't match Bird's. Nor does he rebounding at his position, passing ability, range, ball handling, etc. Bird was better than the credit he gets on defense imo as well. By no means am I calling him an elite defender, but Bird's complete elite skill level offensively, and quick hands and timely positioning on defense, are what make him #1 to me.

Hawkeye, you and I agree on this one. Although the #1 spot is a matter opinion, as some players are so close for that particular Title.

naps
09-11-2011, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=KnicksorBust;19156218]You're exaggerating my point my friend. Like the guy who says "Oh Robert Horry must be better than Karl Malone since has has more rings."

Except Ray Allen was a franchise player.

The Fundamentals of a guard mean dribbling, passing, driving, shooting, defense. Jordan would get high marks in all of those except for shooting. There's a flaw in his fundamentals. For his career he's a below average perimeter shooter.

That must be a joke. I think there were two different Jordans in the 90's. The one that I saw was by NO MEANS a below average shooter.

smiddy012
09-11-2011, 09:17 PM
MJ could very well have the best post-up game for any guard in NBA history, not to mention he's one of the best defending guards ever. Oh and he's the best scorer in history (of all positions).

Its either MJ or Larry IMO. I've heard a many old men talk about how Larry's fundamentals were the best ever (or not able to be improved upon).

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Duncan was a top 10 rebounder for a decade straight. His 3apg is clearly better than average for a PF. He's got the 12 foot bank shot in his mid-range game and what ball handling are you expecting from a big man? He's got a killer low-post game, rebounds, passes out of double teams, can hit mid-range jumpers, and is one of the best defensive bigs in NBA History. I don't know what you are talking about. Bird may be the most complete offensive player in NBA history but that's not what fundamental means.

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 09:23 PM
MJ could very well have the best post-up game for any guard in NBA history, not to mention he's one of the best defending guards ever. Oh and he's the best scorer in history (of all positions).

Its either MJ or Larry IMO. I've heard a many old men talk about how Larry's fundamentals were the best ever (or not able to be improved upon).

I'd go Dantley but that's irrelevant.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Duncan was a top 10 rebounder for a decade straight. His 3apg is clearly better than average for a PF. He's got the 12 foot bank shot in his mid-range game and what ball handling are you expecting from a big man? He's got a killer low-post game, rebounds, passes out of double teams, can hit mid-range jumpers, and is one of the best defensive bigs in NBA History. I don't know what you are talking about. Bird may be the most complete offensive player in NBA history but that's not what fundamental means.

Larry Bird played SF, yet average over 10 rebounds a night for a long time. Its about position, and expected results. I am not going to call you wrong for saying Duncan was the most fundamental player of all time, but I think Bird had more offensive versatility easily, and is an underrated defender.

What do you personally think fundamental means? I personally feel it means mastering the numerous skills of the game of basketball. Dribbling, passing, shooting, rebounding, defending, and then expands to an understanding most don't get.

Iodine
09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Larry Bird was one of the least athletically talented(and coordinated at anything besides his ****) superstars in any sport ever but just beat the **** out of everyone thanks to killing himself on everyplay, learning everything about every facet of the game, and having some of the best court vision ever.

Yeah Ill go with LL Bird Day

KnicksorBust
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Larry Bird played SF, yet average over 10 rebounds a night for a long time. Its about position, and expected results. I am not going to call you wrong for saying Duncan was the most fundamental player of all time, but I think Bird had more offensive versatility easily, and is an underrated defender.

What do you personally think fundamental means? I personally feel it means mastering the numerous skills of the game of basketball. Dribbling, passing, shooting, rebounding, defending, and then expands to an understanding most don't get.

Bird's rebounding for his position was superb. So was his passing. So was his shooting. That doesn't make up for the fact that he was an average defender at his position. You can't be the most fundamentally sound player in NBA History when you are not an above average player at all the key aspects of your position.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-11-2011, 09:39 PM
He's called "The Big Fundamental" for a reason.

llemon
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
He's called "The Big Fundamental" for a reason.

Because it sounds media friendly?

NYtilIdie
09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Timmay with ease.

beasted86
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
People really sleep on Hakeem.

It just makes me wonder how much more dominant he could have been in a weaker defensive era like now, and playing with guys like Ginobili & Parker taking pressure off of him.

basketfan4life
09-12-2011, 02:19 AM

İf you really think i wrote Mike to make people miss him , you really have some sort of a brain damage.

naps
09-12-2011, 02:36 AM
İf you really think i wrote Mike to make people miss him , you really have some sort of a brain damage.

Michael Jordan, Jordan, MJ, The GOAT etc could be anything but Mike? Are you kidding yourself?

You just proved what I said with an angry response. Human nature: "When you get caught, you get mad."

EDIT: Look, this guy doesn't even know (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19148005&postcount=32) Jordan is in the poll. I am sure many other posters already voted somebody else other than Jordan because they didn't even know he was on the poll.

sheba021
09-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Michael Jordan, Jordan, MJ, The GOAT etc could be anything but Mike? Are you kidding yourself?

"Be Like Mike" doesn't ring any bells? :D

basketfan4life
09-12-2011, 04:16 AM

You just proved what I said with an angry response. Human nature: "When you get caught, you get mad."

EDIT: Look, this guy doesn't even know (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19148005&postcount=32) Jordan is in the poll. I am sure many other posters already voted somebody else other than Jordan because they didn't even know he was on the poll.

so what, when you look at the poll and see the name Mike ON TOP, you think of Mike Tyson?
Also i didn't know you are this good of a brain reader :)

Antipod
09-12-2011, 04:23 AM
From the players i saw(can judge the ones i didn`t) it`s Timmy D.

Stack_NJNets
09-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Tim Duncan. Did it all, and did it good.

MR.TRIPDUB
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM
I think larry legend is the most fundamentally skilled among those. He wasnt an athletic freak but he used his skills and smarts to be great. His stroke is legend, rebounds by positioning and boxing out, his ballhandling and vision of the whole court is exceptional, his timing on defense is also good although not a great 1 on 1 defender.

Magic on the other hand should not be there. He more of a flashy, athletic type and his shooting form is horrible. They are both very good all around players but when when it comes to fundamentals magic is the anti-bird.