PDA

View Full Version : Another interesting call.

More-Than-Most
09-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Watching the Phillies game and the Brewers had a guy on 3rd that scored on a fly ball... The guy completely missed home play and the ump noticed it and never called him safe and looked over into the dugout and the phillies never reacted or tried to tag him and it was just let go...Whats the rule? If he never touched home and the umpire never called him safe how can it be a run?

Edit I am really curious of the rule

Havoc Wreaker
09-09-2011, 10:34 PM
I have no idea on the rule, but I believe if the team on defense doesn't appeal, the runner is safe. Same thing when the runner takes off early on a tag or misses a base running.

Pure opinion though MtM

More-Than-Most
09-09-2011, 10:38 PM
I have no idea on the rule, but I believe if the team on defense doesn't appeal, the runner is safe. Same thing when the runner takes off early on a tag or misses a base running.

Pure opinion though MtM

I was thinking that but wasnt sure. I have never really seen it happen at home before.

Super.
09-09-2011, 10:58 PM

Pure opinion though MtM

This is correct. Up until the next pitch is thrown the defense has the right to appeal