PDA

View Full Version : Which team can compete with the heat for the next 4-5 years

Nyc4You
09-09-2011, 02:31 AM
As the title says.

SOUND OFFFFFF

LakersMaster24
09-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Why the hell would you have the Celtics on the poll, if KG Allen and Pierce are all going to retire in the next 2-3 years?

Why didn't you put the Thunder?

Nyc4You
09-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Ooops i meant in the Eastern Conference. lemme fix that

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-09-2011, 03:58 AM
lakers

naps
09-09-2011, 06:04 AM
None as of now.
Bulls will compete if they get another star wing assuming their defense continues to be stellar. Knicks will compete if they land CP3 AND sack Mike D'Antonie. Boston will compete if they land Dwight Howard and keep KG, Pierce, Allen with minimum salaries.

Mishmin
09-09-2011, 06:23 AM
I see the knicks pulling some nice supplemental pieces and vastly improving in the next two or three years. And I hope my celtics just trade everyone to get two or three studs in the 2012 draft.

Ovratd1up
09-09-2011, 06:34 AM
I don't see why the Bulls can't. They don't need another star, though they could sure as hell use a scorer. Noah and Boozer develop chemistry (played a handful of games together in the reg. season) and play well, and I think they can take down the Heat. They're already 'competing' with them.

lilojmayo
09-09-2011, 06:42 AM
I see the knicks pulling some nice supplemental pieces and vastly improving in the next two or three years. And I hope my celtics just trade everyone to get two or three studs in the 2012 draft.

I have that feeling also.

Memphis Grizzlies, they match up well with heat

Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, Zach Randolph, Tony Allen, Marc Gasol and company

Badluck33
09-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Knicks are over-rated. I think Atlanta is a bigger threat than the Knicks right now.

bholly
09-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Knicks are over-rated. I think Atlanta is a bigger threat than the Knicks right now.

this. except not really about atlanta.

also have to see what (if anything) the magic do to keep dwight, and whether if he leaves he goes to njn with deron williams.

LakersIn5
09-09-2011, 07:21 AM
actually nobody knows. to be honest nobody thought that the mavs would have a chance of winning the championship last season even in the PSD playoff polls the PSDers voted for the lakers. but still the mavs won so nobody really knows. hell the hawks can surprise everyone and win the championship next season just like what the mavs did

bbcmillionaire
09-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Bulls then(call me crazy but) I think the knicks are going to be top 3 teams in the east with the heat and the bulls

DR_1
09-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Bulls not even close

NBA-GMaster
09-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Knicks.. if they sign CP3 in 2012 FA and get a good veteran head coach..

Iron24th
09-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Bulls,Knicks...

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-09-2011, 08:50 AM

Please explain how we are overrated. We have 1 of the 2 small forwards that always give Lebron problems offensively and Amare is better than Bosh. Wade is there ace in the hole and that's what makes them better. But last I checked we split with them last year. We aren't that far off & the ? States for the next 4-5 years

mjm07
09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Please explain how we are overrated. We have 1 of the 2 small forwards that always give Lebron problems offensively and Amare is better than Bosh. Wade is there ace in the hole and that's what makes them better. But last I checked we split with them last year. We aren't that far off & the ? States for the next 4-5 years

How much is Amare better than Bosh? Cuz really Bosh can score and rebound just as much as Amare can and is a better help defender (but thats not saying much ) than Amare. Melo gives Lebron problems offensively? I doubt that very much. Defensively sure, the man is sick offensively but so is Lebron. Wade always saves his best for NY and he loves embarrassing the Knicks. Especially when he gets upset ( cut lip incident)

The knicks biggest problem is their effort on defense. Hopefully with the addition of Woodson that;ll help them change their mentallity. Either way i see the Bulls as a greater threat to the Heat than the Knicks. Yet Knicks can be dangerous aswell. can't wait for basketball season to start!

Brooklyn Mets
09-09-2011, 09:30 AM
i def think the knicks can compete with the heat (and it showed last year) but the bulls are a more complete team so i feel like they can compete with miami a little better than the knicks can right now

HuRRiCaNeS324
09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
It depends on several things.

I'm worried about the Knicks the most because they have the potential to have the same kind of star power as the HEAT. As of now, they won't beat us in a 7 game series, but if they get CP3....

And the Bulls would never beat Miami with their current roster, sorry Bulls fans. They HAVE to get a LEGITIMATE 2nd scoring option that can create for himself and others as well because Rose is the only one that can do those two things on the team. And no, im not talking about OJ Mayo, thats not even close to enough because the series was a freaking blowout. OJ Mayo will improve the Bulls but he isn't gonna change much in a seven game series.

And the Celtics would have to find the fountain of youth or land Dwight Howard.

HuRRiCaNeS324
09-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh and is Lebron playing only 5 more years in the NBA? Idk why people always say 5-6 years of dominance by the HEAT lol. Its more like 10 because Lebron isn't going anywhere.

mightybosstone
09-09-2011, 09:47 AM
This poll sucks. You should have included way more than three teams (pretty much the entire conference) and allow for multiple votes. That way, we get more of an idea of what people think of the future of the conference, and not just about three teams.

But to answer the question, I think the Bulls will certainly be competitive as Rose improves and becomes a more efficient, better defensive player. However, they will need a second option and Boozer needs to step up CONSIDERABLY or the Bulls will have to trade him for somebody who will.

The Celtics will obviously compete this year, barring some unforeseen injury or retirement, but after that things get pretty dicey. The Knicks need to make some changes. Defensively, they don't have the chops in the frontcourt to compete with some of the other Eastern Conference teams, so they need to make at least one significant move, and I'm still not quite sure I trust the Melo-Amare duo. If Amare continues to be injury prone in his career, they could be screwed.

The Nets and Magic have potential if they can keep Williams and Howard, while adding a few other pieces. The way the teams are currently constructed, I'm not sure if they have a chance. And I wouldn't rule out Indiana. The Pacers took a huge step forward last season and have some very strong young pieces on that roster. I feel like Granger either needs to get better quickly, though, or they need to add another wing scorer or improve at PG before I take them too seriously. I just don't trust Atlanta. They have too much money invested in JJ and they need to deal either Smith or Horford and get a legitimate center on that roster. I also don't trust Philly, because they have way too many young pieces but not one star among them. And Iguodala can't be the guy.

mightybosstone
09-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Oh and is Lebron playing only 5 more years in the NBA? Idk why people always say 5-6 years of dominance by the HEAT lol. Its more like 10 because Lebron isn't going anywhere.

I'm pretty sure Lebron signed a six year deal, meaning there's five left, so common sense probably could have answered that one. And you say he won't leave now, but what if the grass is greener in a few years? What if the Heat only get 1-2 titles or (gasp) none?!? If he would leave his home state and the place that made him a global icon to go to Miami, you don't think he'd leave if they weren't successful? I think he'd do it in a heartbeat.

mjm07
09-09-2011, 10:00 AM
^ Indiana definetly gave the Heat fits all season. I believe even won the season series 3-1. Their size really hurt us. Just like the Mavs with Chandler and Dirk.

ShakeN'Bake
09-09-2011, 10:01 AM
As currently constituted the Bulls have the best chance at competing with them for the next 5 years. But who knows whats going to happen personnel wise with all these teams. Will the Heat even still all be together in another 2 years?

SteBO
09-09-2011, 10:05 AM
As of now, it's Chicago because they're likely to get another scoring option at SG. But later, you bet the Knicks are going to be right with them because I do believe they're going to get Chris Paul and once that happens there's going to be quite a raucuss everytime the Knicks and Heat play, especially on the side where I live where there is a lot of New Yorkers who reside here.

NYman15
09-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Knicks especially if they get Cp3. They already match up pretty well with Miami as they split the season series 2-2 with them last year. Knicks have the cap space to improve dramatically next year. Even if they don't get a star, its a deep FA class and they'll have money to spend.

Bulls as well. Have a star in Rose with solid role players.

ShakeN'Bake
09-09-2011, 10:22 AM
As of now, it's Chicago because they're likely to get another scoring option at SG. But later, you bet the Knicks are going to be right with them because I do believe they're going to get Chris Paul and once that happens there's going to be quite a raucuss everytime the Knicks and Heat play, especially on the side where I live where there is a lot of New Yorkers who reside here.

If they get CP3 I would change my vote, but that still hasn't happened.

Da Knicks
09-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Knicks and Bulls will be showing the Heat the door in the playoffs for the next years. Whoever they face will beat them, Bulls just need a sg and the knicks with Melo showed that they can beat the Heat without a big man. When they get a big man the Heat will be in serious trouble.

DwayneMVPwade
09-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Bulls and Knicks

Nyc4You
09-09-2011, 11:01 AM
This poll sucks. You should have included way more than three teams (pretty much the entire conference) and allow for multiple votes. That way, we get more of an idea of what people think of the future of the conference, and not just about three teams.

But to answer the question, I think the Bulls will certainly be competitive as Rose improves and becomes a more efficient, better defensive player. However, they will need a second option and Boozer needs to step up CONSIDERABLY or the Bulls will have to trade him for somebody who will.

The Celtics will obviously compete this year, barring some unforeseen injury or retirement, but after that things get pretty dicey. The Knicks need to make some changes. Defensively, they don't have the chops in the frontcourt to compete with some of the other Eastern Conference teams, so they need to make at least one significant move, and I'm still not quite sure I trust the Melo-Amare duo. If Amare continues to be injury prone in his career, they could be screwed.

The Nets and Magic have potential if they can keep Williams and Howard, while adding a few other pieces. The way the teams are currently constructed, I'm not sure if they have a chance. And I wouldn't rule out Indiana. The Pacers took a huge step forward last season and have some very strong young pieces on that roster. I feel like Granger either needs to get better quickly, though, or they need to add another wing scorer or improve at PG before I take them too seriously. I just don't trust Atlanta. They have too much money invested in JJ and they need to deal either Smith or Horford and get a legitimate center on that roster. I also don't trust Philly, because they have way too many young pieces but not one star among them. And Iguodala can't be the guy.

Do u not see (other)?

mttwlsn16
09-09-2011, 11:22 AM
plenty of teams

SteBO
09-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Knicks and Bulls will be showing the Heat the door in the playoffs for the next years. Whoever they face will beat them, Bulls just need a sg and the knicks with Melo showed that they can beat the Heat without a big man. When they get a big man the Heat will be in serious trouble.
The Heat have shown they can get to the Finals without a big man, so I really do fail to see what you're point here really is. You don't even consider the fact that the Heat can very well get better too in the "big man" department and that injuries to our two key role players hindered them throughout the year. I can play that game too ya know. :)

calakers
09-09-2011, 11:31 AM
knicks since theyll most likely get better role players in couple of years and not only depend on melo amare

mightybosstone
09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Do u not see (other)?

But the poll is flawed regardless. You needed to allow multiple votes and include more than just three teams and "other". The Heat are great, don't get me wrong, but they're not so great that there's only one team capable of competing with them for the Eastern Conference over the next five years. I can see (at least) the Bulls and Celtics (for at least another year or two) having serious shots at the East. And I think New York, Indiana, New Jersey and Orlando could compete if they made at least one major personnel change.

Avenged
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Nobody should say "none". As the Mavs proved, the Heat can be beaten.

ManningToTyree
09-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Next year: Bulls, Celtics. Few years: Knicks, Bulls. Where dwight lands can change **** aswel

mightybosstone
09-09-2011, 11:53 AM

I've seen some extreme homerism from other fan bases in the last year or two (Lakers and Heat for example), but Knicks fans might be the most delusional fan base on PSD.

JordansBulls
09-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Chicago or NY

faze38
09-09-2011, 12:05 PM
We need to be able to pick more then one team because I think at least the Bulls and Knicks will be able to take the Heat down.

ragee
09-09-2011, 12:17 PM
I picked other coz my pick is Dwight's team... If he decides to stay or go to another team, it only means the roster of the team that he will sign with will be so much better than the roster the he is playing with right now...

mjm07
09-09-2011, 12:22 PM
I've seen some extreme homerism from other fan bases in the last year or two (Lakers and Heat for example), but Knicks fans might be the most delusional fan base on PSD.

Agreed X infinity

Tony_Starks
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Out of those three I wanna say Chicago but something tells me Boston still has a few tricks up their sleeve. Their leader is still young so add one more young complimentary player to take the load off the big three and they're still legit. Plus they're the best coached out of those 3 and that goes a long way......

knightstemplar
09-09-2011, 09:16 PM
i guess the bulls are the only threat out east, but derrick rose isnt good enough

Cal827
09-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Too many variables in order to determine who really... What if one of the young prospects becomes a superstar E.g. What if Paul George or Derozan or Irving explodes and becomes the go to guy in a few years? Based on the Rosters right now, I would say NY or OKC

Tony_Starks
09-09-2011, 09:37 PM
shouldn't we really be asking this question about Dallas since they actually won the championship this year? Making the finals one year doesn't gaurantee anything.....

bholly
09-09-2011, 09:55 PM

I usually figure NY fans thinking they can get CP3 is just wishful thinking. It always surprises me when non-NY fans think it - especially respected ones. It can't be homerism so it must be something else.
How do you think they're going to do it? They couldn't afford him in FA under the past system - do you think the new one is going to be less restrictive? Do you expect them to roll back salaries even more than they reduce the salary cap? Or maybe CP3 takes a huge paycut? Or do you think they'll trade Melo (the only other option I can see)?

3mikee_
09-09-2011, 11:17 PM
A lot of teams, Miami a lot of holes to plug before they are the measuring bar of the NBA, I'd be surprised if the Big 3 stays together for that long.

LayZbone
09-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Bulls. And that's about it (in the East).

dbroncos78087
09-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Please reserve threads about specific teams such as this for a team forum or the comparison forums.