PDA

View Full Version : Nyjer Morgan, ummmmm why?

BDawk4Prez
09-08-2011, 12:06 AM
This guy never ceases to amaze me. What the hell is wrong with him?

re: tonight's antics in STL.

GoatMilk
09-08-2011, 12:34 AM
did he just do it out of nowhere?
he has to have history with Carpenter. did something happen earlier in the game or the last time they played?

jakedajewler
09-08-2011, 12:35 AM
He is insane, does it suprise you after the stuff he did last year? Just listen to the guy in interviews he can hardly string a sentence together

sexicano31
09-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Cocaines a hell of a drug

MetsLegacy
09-08-2011, 12:45 AM
What happened?

3mikee_
09-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Ya what happened? I like him, he's a funny guy lol

CityofTreez
09-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Morgan is such a douche, never liked him!

dangler93
09-08-2011, 12:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kbdu8WfthY
hes a weird *** dude

conway429
09-08-2011, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71ZF48RWvk

Johann
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=18966011

Melo15
Nyjer Morgan's the man.

BDawk4Prez
09-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Can't find video anywhere yet.

Basically, he had a 10 pitch at bat, Carp challenged him with a high heater outside that he chased and K'd. He uttered something (profanity) at Carp, took his chew out, and threw it in Carps direction on the mound and then started jawing before Prince reigned him in.

After the game, Albert interviews and says he likes Morgan and his energy but that he needs to go back to the way he was in Pitts, just show up and play. Morgan tweets something along the lines of "Alberta can't fight me, she ain't never been in the ring with Plush".

Dude is an idiot.

BDawk4Prez
09-08-2011, 12:56 AM
There ya go, thanks guys.

Brew Crew
09-08-2011, 12:59 AM
That **** is getting pretty annoying...Whether Carp said anything remains to be seen..(Any video?)

Nyjer. If you're gonna attack an entire team and Pujols don't make yourself sound stupid.

But he's a showster so with that being said...

AAHHH I GOTTA GO

redbird89
09-08-2011, 01:04 AM
There's a bunch of Tweets in the thread about this on my forum.

Nyjer's story is that Carp said "F you" to him. Carp denies this. So Nyjer spit his tobacco at Carp and missed and that caused this whole thing. Albert took exception to Nyjer's antics.

Apparently in the postgame Albert said something nice about Nyjer. At about the same time, Nyjer was on his Twitter account calling Albert "Alberta" and referring to Albert as a female.

Nyjer Morgan is a clown.

The Cardinals have history with Nyjer Morgan. As a National, Nyjer plowed over Cardinals catcher Bryan Anderson even though there was not a throw to the plate.

Albert Pujols did say that there's usually a reason that a guy has been on three teams in a year-and-a-half.

It's not smart for Nyjer Morgan (6'0, 175 lbs) to pick fights with either Albert (6'3", 230 lbs) or Carp (6'6", 230 lbs).

nyyfan4life
09-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Cocaines a hell of a drug

This.

YanksNats1987
09-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Stuff like this makes me more and more happy he's not in DC anymore.

I wish he would go play hockey, just one more time in his life, because he'd quickly be put in his place there.

stlbest5in2013
09-08-2011, 01:08 AM
not shocked to see the mlb clip, and hear someone say "carpenter must have said something"

not trying to start anything here, but was that the brewers broadcast team?

morgan has a long mlb rap sheet so to speak. anything involving him has to start with him until he cleans up his little act.

calling albert "alberta", im sure albert will crush turd plush in 3 seconds.

DodgerB24
09-08-2011, 01:09 AM
That "she" is one of the greatest players of all-time.

"Ace"ves
09-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Morgan makes Bradley look like Jim Thome

BDawk4Prez
09-08-2011, 01:12 AM
It would be cooler if Morgan didn't actually suck.

Brew Crew
09-08-2011, 01:13 AM

Nyjer's story is that Carp said "F you" to him. Carp denies this. So Nyjer spit his tobacco at Carp and missed and that caused this whole thing. Albert took exception to Nyjer's antics.

Apparently in the postgame Albert said something nice about Nyjer. At about the same time, Nyjer was on his Twitter account calling Albert "Alberta" and referring to Albert as a female.

Nyjer Morgan is a clown.

The Cardinals have history with Nyjer Morgan. As a National, Nyjer plowed over Cardinals catcher Bryan Anderson even though there was not a throw to the plate.

Albert Pujols did say that there's usually a reason that a guy has been on three teams in a year-and-a-half.

It's not smart for Nyjer Morgan (6'0, 175 lbs) to pick fights with either Albert (6'3", 230 lbs) or Carp (6'6", 230 lbs).

Dude you're not realizing it's all for show. Nyjer was laughing when he got into the dugout...Think about it..

Last time facing them this season, it's been such a tense match-up the entire year, 9th inning better go out with a bang. He's being especially cocky being up 8 1/2 games That's just how he acts (Personally can't stand it)...Nyjer also knows he's got his team backing him up so he can say whatever the hell he wants to Mr. Alberta who caused the benches to clear by running at him in the first place.

Pavelb1
09-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Nyjer plz.

Pittz
09-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Might want to edit that, Pavel. Don't want to see you banned for post padding and racism.

CityofTreez
09-08-2011, 01:26 AM

Nyjer Morgan is a clown.

Nyjer Morgan is an idiot, he'll never learn.

Pavelb1
09-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Might want to edit that, Pavel. Don't want to see you banned for post padding and racism.

Lol. I got banned for that, I'd be gone forever.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nyjer-Please/124289940992986#!/photo.php?fbid=153062371449076&set=a.132578360164144.35486.124289940992986&type=1&theater

I'd post the image myself, but you're not supposed to post images. I push it enough by occasionaly posting pitch f/x images.

Pittz
09-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Those are awesome shirts :laugh2:

I was referencing this. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647866)

nyyfan4life
09-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Dude you're not realizing it's all for show. Nyjer was laughing when he got into the dugout...Think about it..

Last time facing them this season, it's been such a tense match-up the entire year, 9th inning better go out with a bang. He's being especially cocky being up 8 1/2 games That's just how he acts (Personally can't stand it)...Nyjer also knows he's got his team backing him up so he can say whatever the hell he wants to Mr. Alberta who caused the benches to clear by running at him in the first place.

No rational person thinks like that.

Pavelb1
09-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Those are awesome shirts :laugh2:

I was referencing this. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647866)

Ahh. Very interesting. I don't usually follow up on people when they get banned. Except Bagwell. Far as I can tell he just went crazy.

stlbest5in2013
09-08-2011, 03:35 AM

Seriously?

he was barking from the dugout last time the crewers were in stl, at carpenter. the umpire told him to shut it, morgan is a wannabe at everything. he couldnt whoop up on my 3 year old niece.

If you as a brewers fan want to defend him or deflect stuff away from him and call one of the all time greats, "ALBERTA" as well, then you better not come back and trying to play the class card when something happens between stl and mil in the future. its not a one way street.

Jeffy25
09-08-2011, 05:03 AM
did he just do it out of nowhere?
he has to have history with Carpenter. did something happen earlier in the game or the last time they played?

It's well known that Carpenter runs his mouth/won't back down if anything is ever said.

If I wasn't a Cardinal fan, I wouldn't like Carpenter or Molina. There is a point where you are this great competitor, and then there is the point where you embarrass yourself, your teammates, and your fans. I wouldn't say Carpenter has crossed those lines yet, but he keeps getting close.

In Spring Training, when Morgan was with the Nationals, they had this incident

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/spring-training-live-blog-nationals-at-cardinals/2011/03/21/ABmO4M7_blog.html

and I know it never has died down. And I know the Cardinals (and Pujols/Molina/Carpenter) don't like anyone that talks ****, even though they complain about it. So they will fire back.

So it wasn't completely out of nowhere tonight, but I do think it surprised Carpenter to find out he said '**** you' to him.

That **** is getting pretty annoying...Whether Carp said anything remains to be seen..(Any video?)

Nyjer. If you're gonna attack an entire team and Pujols don't make yourself sound stupid.

But he's a showster so with that being said...

AAHHH I GOTTA GO

Yup.

Look, I'm obviously a pretty major Cardinal fan, and I was watching tonight and I was surprised when it happened because everything seemed to be going fine (other than McGhee argued a called third strike in like the 5th inning, but that was between he and the ump).

What I have to say on the subject probably isn't really fair, because obviously, being a Cardinal fan, I don't love N. Morgan. But I think most fans see our rivalry as a pretty friendly rivalry.

I just think Brewer fans are going to find Morgan annoying if they aren't winning and won't put up with him and think the 'T Plush' stuff is cute anymore. When they are winning, and he is performing, I too would love it. But if the team is losing, or he snaps like it appears he did tonight unprovoked, then it would get annoying.

We saw in Pittsburgh and Washington that he can be a 'punk' (for lack of a better word). And it appeared he was just having fun and enjoying himself all season while helping a contender reach the playoffs. But I don't think any Brewer fan can see tonight and find justification in it.

But it's also not a big deal, at all. It's one guy, and there are all kinds of personalities in the big leagues. He doesn't personally bother me as he does other Cards fans.

Jeffy25
09-08-2011, 05:11 AM
I don't like his actions to Cardinals fans before and after games though, I'll say that much. That's just immature in my book.

ChrisSabo17
09-08-2011, 05:18 AM
As crazy as Morgan is Carp is a *****. He is always into it with someone. I swear he gets the biggest baby award. He is jsut a winey little *****.

RTL
09-08-2011, 05:50 AM
Call me crazy but I didn't see Carpenter instigate anything tonight. He struck Morgan out and turned his back to Morgan. Morgan stared him down, shouted profanities and Pujols, being the team leader he is, took offense to that nonsense. This falls completely on Morgan unless there is another video with more angles. Even after the benches cleared Carpenter didn't leave the mound. Carpenter is a throw-back player who doesn't put up with players showing him up and he does have a temper. I would want that every 5th day if I were a GM, manager or player.

JobaRules26
09-08-2011, 07:19 AM
This guy is a clown. I wonder what he is going to tweet when the Brewers get manhandled in the first round. Nyjer, like the Brewers organization, is classless. Thank you.

Yankees90.
09-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Why the **** is this guy still in the MLB?! Seriously i NEVER liked him and NEVER will after what happened with him when he was in Washington, he became one of my most disliked players. Baseball is a game, meant to be FUN! This isnt the hood or some fight club. the guy can barely go 2 words before he starts becoming too stupid to listen to and make no sense. Noone thinks ur tough Nyjer go crawl under a rock and stay there for awhile

ritz
09-08-2011, 08:49 AM
If you watch the video from MLB at the very end you can clearly hear Nyjer in the dugout saying to the umpires (or someone) that "He said it first. He's gotta go too."

Anyways, I got tired of the guy's antics when he was in Washington. I remember Gaby Sanchez clotheslining the **** out of him in Florida, which was awesome.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11615635

Also, what the hell is this?

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8250511

And this one just for lulz

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9600727

Brew Crew
09-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Seriously?

he was barking from the dugout last time the crewers were in stl, at carpenter. the umpire told him to shut it, morgan is a wannabe at everything. he couldnt whoop up on my 3 year old niece.

If you as a brewers fan want to defend him or deflect stuff away from him and call one of the all time greats, "ALBERTA" as well, then you better not come back and trying to play the class card when something happens between stl and mil in the future. its not a one way street.

I just said "personally, I can't stand it"....What more do you want? I'm always *****ing about him...

And we don't play the class card. Ever. That's the Cardinals, the SF Giants, or Torii Hunter.

We're aren't plain-jane-wonderbreads.

infernoscurse
09-08-2011, 09:09 AM
imagine if he were a yankee, people would have wanted him dead by now

VenezuelanMet
09-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Nyjer Morgan is amazing.

Pinstripe pride
09-08-2011, 09:24 AM

i wouldnt quite go that far

Pinstripe pride
09-08-2011, 09:28 AM
morgan is clearly a moron

Kinkotheclown
09-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Novel idea. Let him fight someone instead of pulling him away. Let him get his *** kicked across the field by whoever it is with he starts something. And I mean pummeled.
He's a moron wh talks way more **** than almost any player in any sport and has done far less to back it up. (except maybe Brian Bosworth. But even he never talked as much **** as morgan)
Brewers fans, wait till he loses you a game or two because of his behavior. It won't be as fun anymore. He's a spark but he's also a selfish ******* who needs his camera time.

sexicano31
09-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh brew crew, you so homer

renders2006
09-08-2011, 12:39 PM
well don't forget the Brewers are still in First place. ******* the Cards

Lincecum4CY
09-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't take anything nyger does seriously, all i do is remind myself of his little dumbass getting laid out by sanchez and laugh at the idiot. Hes a tool and a joke, fits right in with that Brewer team.

VRP723
09-08-2011, 12:50 PM

He's having a better season than any player on your favorite team.

Sadds The Gr8
09-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Nyjer is hilarious

BDawk4Prez
09-08-2011, 01:44 PM
He's having a better season than any player on your favorite team.

Statistically or just because he is on a division leading team ina putrid division?

I hope u r actually joking to be honest.

VRP723
09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Statistically or just because he is on a division leading team ina putrid division?

I hope u r actually joking to be honest.

Statistically.

Tony Plush - .313/.360/.441, 8.6 UZR, 3.8 WAR

Aramis - .306/.359/.509, -6.0 UZR, 3.4 WAR

Similar OBP, Aramis is slugging a good bit more, but the fact that Tony is playing ++ defense in CF and Aramis is playing poor defense at 3B makes up for the SLG in my eyes.

BAY
09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I love Nyjer because he makes you guys mad.

hoggin88
09-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Statistically.

Tony Plush - .313/.360/.441, 8.6 UZR, 3.8 WAR

Aramis - .306/.359/.509, -6.0 UZR, 3.4 WAR

Similar OBP, Aramis is slugging a good bit more, but the fact that Tony is playing ++ defense in CF and Aramis is playing poor defense at 3B makes up for the SLG in my eyes.

Matt Garza :)

Pavelb1
09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Nyjer Morgan and the Brew Crew are good for baseball.

Mane
09-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Nyjer Morgan is the only cool baseball player

rickshaw
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
White people hate Nyjer Morgan.... because he makes Malcolm X.... look like Wayne Brady

sep11ie
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't take anything nyger does seriously, all i do is remind myself of his little dumbass getting laid out by sanchez and laugh at the idiot. Hes a tool and a joke, fits right in with that Brewer team.

You're right. He should just grow his beard out like a character from 300 and wear skin tights to an award show. That would make him not be a tool...

ManningToTyree
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
he is an *******. that said I would love him in center on the Mets. He has always been very talented

CHRISDODGERS
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
I love this guy. Also love Gaby Sanchez for laying him out, if that makes sense

AHHHHH GOTTA GO

VRP723
09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
You're right. He should just grow his beard out like a character from 300 and wear skin tights to an award show. That would make him not be a tool...

This was absolutely fantastic

Dcup
09-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Whoa, easy on that comparison lol.

What exactly does he suck at? Being a person, probably, but does he really suck at baseball?

Seriously?

I'm not quite certain where any Brewer fan in here defended Morgan calling Pujols "Alberta"?

This guy is a clown. I wonder what he is going to tweet when the Brewers get manhandled in the first round. Nyjer, like the Brewers organization, is classless. Thank you.

Would you care to elaborate how the Brewers organization is classless?

Again, what makes you think that the Brewers are a joke? Because they lead that division by 8-1/2 games right now? The offense sucks, pitching is terrible? What?

I love the immature retards that take one thing a player does and summarize their feelings about that player into an opinion about an organization...that takes real talent.

Thats like saying that Ray Lewis talks too much trash on the field so the Ravens are a team full of bad people and the organization is garbage.

Get real.

Rush
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Not to get off topic, but he may take it too far. At least he's a team player and doesn't let it affect his team. You don't see him starting any fights and starting up ****. Why can't Morgan just keep his mouth shut and walk away after getting K'd instead acting like Napolean?

redbird89
09-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Sometimes I wish baseball was like hockey. In hockey if two guys have a beef, you let them go at it. It would have been funny watching Nyjer Morgan getting folded like a piece of paper by either Albert or Carp, since they are taller and heavier than him. I wouldn't want to see the Cardinal players hurt their hands or anything either. But in baseball players can have big mouths and then hide behind their teammates and the umps.

stlbest5in2013
09-08-2011, 04:04 PM
As crazy as Morgan is Carp is a *****. He is always into it with someone. I swear he gets the biggest baby award. He is jsut a winey little *****.

And here we go again. Just one thing to say. well points then a thing.

- morgan is a bum who has a mlb rap sheet a mile long
- who cares if carp whines? oh wait you do. how is your old home treating you.

actually on second thought, rather not get into another flame war with someone to small for their britches.

long ball
09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Nyjer Morgan has been pretty tame in terms of on field antics this season. He's been playing really well and the Brewers may not be in first without him. I enjoy his post game interviews, but could definitely do without some of the other stuff. I wish he wrote his tweets in English.

Tonight, whether Carpenter said something or not Morgan was out of line. There's some already existing hostility between the cranky Cards and the brash Brewers that probably played a roll.

c0rbz
09-08-2011, 04:31 PM
He's getting quite annoying.

Brew Crew
09-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Oh brew crew, you so homer

Glad to see you've taken an interest in I, Brew Crew.

Jeffy25
09-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Novel idea. Let him fight someone instead of pulling him away. Let him get his *** kicked across the field by whoever it is with he starts something. And I mean pummeled.
He's a moron wh talks way more **** than almost any player in any sport and has done far less to back it up. (except maybe Brian Bosworth. But even he never talked as much **** as morgan)
Brewers fans, wait till he loses you a game or two because of his behavior. It won't be as fun anymore. He's a spark but he's also a selfish ******* who needs his camera time.

If you watch some of the videos that we had here in Missouri.

When Pujols was running toward him, he was telling Prince....'you better get him out of here Prince'

And Prince rushed and pulled Morgan off the field before anything could happen.

I've never seen Pujols fight, but he was running at him.

Not sure if it was to 'protect' to 'back up his team mates' if he was being a team leader, or if he just wanted to pummel Morgan. Either way, I know Albert respects the hell out of Prince.

I have to say, a year later. What many of you are saying about Morgan is what I thought about Brandon Phillips, until I got to know him better (from a fans perspective obviously). I like Phillips now, or maybe he has just been quiet because there is no race, so he hasn't been on the radar.

Kinkotheclown
09-08-2011, 11:02 PM
If you watch some of the videos that we had here in Missouri.

When Pujols was running toward him, he was telling Prince....'you better get him out of here Prince'

And Prince rushed and pulled Morgan off the field before anything could happen.

I've never seen Pujols fight, but he was running at him.

Not sure if it was to 'protect' to 'back up his team mates' if he was being a team leader, or if he just wanted to pummel Morgan. Either way, I know Albert respects the hell out of Prince.

I have to say, a year later. What many of you are saying about Morgan is what I thought about Brandon Phillips, until I got to know him better (from a fans perspective obviously). I like Phillips now, or maybe he has just been quiet because there is no race, so he hasn't been on the radar.

Pujols and Prince would be a pay per view event. But it wouldn't happen because they are friendly.
Pujols would tear morgan's arms off and shove them up his *** till they choked him. I wanted to see it.
I can't stand the guy anymore. The first time or two it was like "hey, this guy is alright." Now it's like "douche"
Its great as a baseball fan to see the Brewers doing well and I hope he doesn't take anything away from their success in the slightest

Mell413
09-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I enjoy Morgan. This game needs more guys like him. This game lacks villains. I think his post game interviews are hilarious and I'm a Cubs fan

Jeffy25
09-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Maybe I'm the minority, but I think **** talking is for idiots :shrug: I find it very annoying and childish. But that's me, I always thought wrestling (like the professional side of it, like WWF, not the high school/college type) and sports related to that were really stupid.

Nick O
09-09-2011, 12:13 AM
anyone read his story in SI? dudes hella interesting...

Gary Reasons
09-09-2011, 12:47 AM
STL is the most hated team in the NL West, they are in every fight .. remember when morgan got ROCKED against the marlins? Anyone can act tough when they got Prince Fielder holding them back lol ..no problem w it though.

redbird89
09-09-2011, 01:35 AM
STL is the most hated team in the NL West, they are in every fight .. remember when morgan got ROCKED against the marlins? Anyone can act tough when they got Prince Fielder holding them back lol ..no problem w it though.

:confused:

In what league are the Cardinals are in the NL West?

Boozerguy47
09-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Never disliked him much until last night. Guy is an idiot.

mark1125
09-09-2011, 07:31 AM
He is a less talented Milton Bradley. Maybe his mommy didn't hold him as a kid? Maybe Daddy never told him he loved him? The guy is a few fries short of a happy meal.

TAC91
09-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Where the hell is Gaby Sanchez when ya need him?

Morgan is a cocky douche bag that deserves a beating. Better be glad that wasn't Kyle Farnsworth on the mound. I would love to see Morgan charge him. :box:

long ball
09-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Carpenter finally admitted to telling Morgan to **** off after striking him out. Doesn't mean Morgan should have flipped his chaw towards the mound or made the comments on Twitter though.

Jeffy25
09-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Did he?

Well that does change things a bit.

Carpenter also needs to shut the **** up and just play.

I know Carpenter barks a lot, and he did do some yelling at Morgan on Aug 11th

"Ace"ves
09-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Morgan is an instigator

Carpenter is stupid cause he feeds it

Play the game and have some class

Brew Crew
09-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Morgan is an instigator

Carpenter is stupid cause he feeds it

Play the game and have some class

Plain. Jane. Wonderbread.

lurkinglionsfan
09-10-2011, 09:30 PM
morgans one of those people whose mommy didnt pay enough attention to him when he was litttle