PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Walton in 2012?

passengershawn
09-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Is Bruce Walton the reason this pitching staff has taken such a dramatic step backward? How on earth has this guy scored a pitching coach job? He was an awful SP during his day, and he seems to have no clue how to work with this staff.

Here's his stats during his limited MLB career
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/waltobr01.shtml

Does Farrell cut this guy loose this off-season since he was a Cito remant? Can AA afford to keep him around and further mess this young staff around?

I guess being a bullpen coach doesn't translate into being a capable pitching coach!

leafsrule99
09-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I disagree Bruce Walton has been a fantastic pitching coach...especially with our young pitching, yes i agree there are still problems but hes done a great job all this time.

JermanJaysFan
09-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Is Bruce Walton the reason this pitching staff has taken such a dramatic step backward? How on earth has this guy scored a pitching coach job? He was an awful SP during his day, and he seems to have no clue how to work with this staff.

Does Farrell cut this guy loose this off-season since he was a Cito remant? Can AA afford to keep him around and further mess this young staff around?

I guess being a bullpen coach doesn't translate into being a capable pitching coach!
Leo Mazzone never pitched above AA. 'Nuff said.

Toxeryll
09-08-2011, 01:12 AM
hes alright. at least he keeps our starters healthy unlike Arnsberg.

Halladay
09-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Why is people love to put the blame on the coaches alone and almost none on the actual players? If this were actually the case then I guess this is the reason why KC and Pittsburgh have stunk for so long. It has nothing to do with the actual players, it's all the coaches right?

GNick
09-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Last year he was suppose to be a god send...after the year Cecil had and Morrow turned around. The mileage we got out of Gregg, heck even Shawn Hill looked like a major leaguer under him. Now he is a bum

Nuke
09-08-2011, 08:38 AM
I don't care what a coaches career stats are, that has nothing to do with how good a coach he is. Considering that Ferrall was a Pitching coach (or Bullpen I can't remember) I'm sure if he's doing a sub-par job, Ferrall will call him on it and replace him.

Krylian
09-08-2011, 09:08 AM
He has lousy career stats, therefore, he's a crappy pitching coach?

Seriously?

nithanyo
09-08-2011, 10:11 AM
One thing i like about Walton is his ability to keep pitcher healthy. It seemed like while arnsberg was here everyone who pitched got hurt

jaysrocksox
09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Everyone knows mediocre players make much better coaches. Look at Wayne Gretzky, he was an AWFUL coach.