PDA

View Full Version : What are the most popular Baseball teams?

PinkFloydRules
09-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Mets....

keymax
09-06-2011, 11:09 AM
That's not going to end well...

Bombtista
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
The ones that win

weststar11
09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Number one team in baseball, the Phillies. They're not the most popular, but their deffinatly in the top 5.

Pinstripe pride
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
yankees

daresdrama
09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Yankees.. redsox.. cubs.. dodgers...

mttwlsn16
09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
poll it

throw in every team

ahoda
09-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Check the teams with the highest payrolls.

Pinstripe pride
09-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Springfield Isotopes

daresdrama
09-06-2011, 11:59 AM
1. 1934 Los Angeles Angels
Record: 137-50
Pacific Coast League (Triple-A)

best minor league team ever

PinkFloydRules
09-06-2011, 12:04 PM
The C on the Reds hat is probably one of the most logos in sports history.

Bombtista
09-06-2011, 12:07 PM
^The C for the Cubs is more iconic

Pavelb1
09-06-2011, 12:09 PM
What a weird way to start a psd career.

Anyway, as long as we're on the subject, let's not count out that the Rockies, do and have done surprisingly well attendance-wise. They have quite a loyal fanbase.

CostanzaNumba0
09-06-2011, 12:12 PM
The yankees are the most popular american team in the world of any sport, its not even close. You can go to the Congo and see interlocking NY hats.

JonnyBrav000
09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
The yankees are the most popular american team in the world of any sport, its not even close. You can go to the Congo and see interlocking NY hats.

I don't understand what the point to this thread is...

Anyone who isn't lying to themselves knows the Yankees are the #1 most popular Sports Franchise, not only in baseball but out of any Professional American sports team... The Yankees are the only Baseball franchise that is worth over a billion dollars and the NY (Yankees) cap is the most recognizable cap in the world.

#2 in baseball would more than likely be the Red Sox, but it's not really close at all to being at the top.

#3 St. Louis Cardinals

#4 Philadelphia Phillies

#5 Atlanta Braves

#6 The LA Dodgers

#7 Chicago Cubs

#8 NY Mets

CostanzaNumba0
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM

Anyone who isn't lying to themselves knows the Yankees are the #1 most popular Sports Franchise, not only in baseball but out of any Professional American sports team... The Yankees are the only Baseball franchise that is worth over a billion dollars and the NY (Yankees) cap is the most recognizable cap in the world.

#2 in baseball would more than likely be the Red Sox, but it's not really close at all to being at the top.

#3 is just a guess, but I would bet it's the Atlanta Braves

#4 Philadelphia Phillies

#5 St. Louis Cardinals (They have Pujols and a long rich tradition)

#6 The LA Dodgers

#7 Chicago Cubs

#8 NY Mets

I'd swap 3 and 4 and substitute the giants for the mets, but you're right otherwise

Max Power
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Yankees/Red Sox.............everybody else.......Florida teams.

cubyfan07
09-06-2011, 12:58 PM

That is because they donate the shirts and hats of the world series losing team to third world countries. ;)

Fred
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
That is because they donate the shirts and hats of the world series losing team to third world countries. ;)

so there are no cubs hats or shirts around the world? you'd have to get there first to be able to donate the hats...gotcha...:D

pacofunk64
09-06-2011, 01:25 PM
The Yanks are the easy #1...not even close. But I think the Cubs are 2nd, even ahead of the Sox.

Gibbs
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
MY top 10 on possible order (dodgers are taking a major hit do to the way they dont spend atleast the cubs tried ---

1 NYY's
2 Red Socks
3 Phillies
4 Cardinals
5 Cubs
6 Mets
7Dodgers
8 Angels
9 Braves
10 is hard could be Giants Mariners or Tigers in my mind the following probably the Giants

I am on the Brewer bandwagon though a small local team I like the stadium love the team---love the fans etc I like Brew town :) but never cared about them til recently I am a NYY fan grew up a Philly fan Schmidt---then Kruk---but when I went to Yankee stadium I hated the old vet---phillies were always kinda boring til Kruk---I became a NYY fan when Nokes hit a walkoff GS though NY stunk :) I fell in love with the passion of NY :) I am not really a socks hater either I have been to Beantown old Philly shea Det clevlenad may stadiums though mo are now gone rofl
NOTHING COMPARED TO NY and BOSTON!----philly may now hard to say back then the people would eat rather than root or care lmao

jd25213
09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Yankees, duh!

Melo15
09-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Marlins

Gibbs
09-06-2011, 02:22 PM
HOW BOUT FAVORITE DIVISONS OVERALL OR MST EXCITING :)

1 NY BOSTON BALT TORONTO TB
its competitve a three horse race still

2 Brewers Cardinals Cubs Pirates Reds Astros all except hosuton are on the upswing well Cubs lol----but they have $ and could reinvent given the right players

3 Philly Mets Nats Braves Marlins----fan favs alone and $ new FLA staidum makes it a lil exciting

4 AL west Angels Rangers (two good solid teams) Oakland always competes but an avg team mariners exciting SP's lack hiting have $ though they need a 5th tea so bad in ath division I AM so hoping that Charlotte NC can get a pro team to move someone out west :) in realignment

5 toss up history says the NL west SUCH A BORING DIVISON though Giants D backs dodgers rockies padres---I must say SD is and always seems to be a team that cant compete Rockies always seem to have hitting but no SP though they made a BRILLIANT DEAL with Ubaldo-----atleast prospect wise ;) Dodgers are cheap have talent though--Giants SP no hitting and D back will spend and have talen but I personally dont care about them lmao

6 AL central Tigers good solid team--indians I used to like them back in the day with AL belle and man ram but they are old school but may have killed the franchise for ubaldo :S
KC a pure joke but alot of drat picks still a joke in 6 yrs tops they are done lmao they should be like TB Minny has some $ should be way better disappointing and chi sox avg could be better overall disappointing div shoulda been like the NL cent without the powerhouse teams involved :)

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHS :D

MetsLegacy
09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
The New York Yankees, end of story. They're to baseball what Walmart is to department stores. They're built on their storied legacy, their franchises and their winning mentality year in and year out.

In terms of recognition, the Red Sox are probably a close second with the Chicago Cubs close behind. The Dodgers, Giants and Mets are also in the upper echelon, albeit not on the same level as the other three.

Tkais9009
09-06-2011, 02:36 PM
yeah the yanks have it

ugafan
09-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Yankees, Braves, Red Sox, Phillies and Cubs are the top 5.

http://www.seathound.com/news/2010/07/2010-most-popular-baseball-teams-harris-interactive-poll/

CostanzaNumba0
09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
HOW BOUT FAVORITE DIVISONS OVERALL OR MST EXCITING :)

1 NY BOSTON BALT TORONTO TB
its competitve a three horse race still

2 Brewers Cardinals Cubs Pirates Reds Astros all except hosuton are on the upswing well Cubs lol----but they have $ and could reinvent given the right players

3 Philly Mets Nats Braves Marlins----fan favs alone and $ new FLA staidum makes it a lil exciting

4 AL west Angels Rangers (two good solid teams) Oakland always competes but an avg team mariners exciting SP's lack hiting have $ though they need a 5th tea so bad in ath division I AM so hoping that Charlotte NC can get a pro team to move someone out west :) in realignment

5 toss up history says the NL west SUCH A BORING DIVISON though Giants D backs dodgers rockies padres---I must say SD is and always seems to be a team that cant compete Rockies always seem to have hitting but no SP though they made a BRILLIANT DEAL with Ubaldo-----atleast prospect wise ;) Dodgers are cheap have talent though--Giants SP no hitting and D back will spend and have talen but I personally dont care about them lmao

6 AL central Tigers good solid team--indians I used to like them back in the day with AL belle and man ram but they are old school but may have killed the franchise for ubaldo :S
KC a pure joke but alot of drat picks still a joke in 6 yrs tops they are done lmao they should be like TB Minny has some $ should be way better disappointing and chi sox avg could be better overall disappointing div shoulda been like the NL cent without the powerhouse teams involved :)

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHS :D

Gibbs are you skipping your meds again?

CostanzaNumba0
09-06-2011, 02:44 PM
The problem the red sox have competing with the yankees in terms of overall fans is that people dont realize how small Boston is, there are only 670,000 people in the city compared to like 9 million in nyc

nycsports2
09-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Check the teams with the highest payrolls.

you mean income? lol

mttwlsn16
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Gibbs are you skipping your meds again?

:laugh2:

Big Zo
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
poll it

That's what she said!

Giants-49ers-Ws
09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
yankees, red sox, cubs, giants, phillies, cardinals, dodgers, braves, mets

The X
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Springfield Isotopes

I thought it was the Springfield atoms, and their minor league team was the isotopes.

carson005
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I think the top 3 are the Yankees,Red Sox and Braves. That was from last year though.

thefeckcampaign
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I think a more honest poll would be what team/s are heard of in non-baseball playing countries in Europe and Africa.

ManningToTyree
09-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Yankees

Everyone else

Marlins

jd25213
09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
That's what she said!

no she didn't

bcc
09-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Somewhere during the 2000's the Red Sox appeared to become the trendy hat to wear on college campuses, etc...
To this day, I see 'em everywhere here in Texas.
They sold out 3 straight games here in Houston in June and their fans simply took over the stadium. And it's not like they all flew in from Boston. Just a very strong fan base.

They're 2nd to the Yankees, for certain, but nowadays they might actually be in their neighborhood.

Yankees
Red Sox

...others receiving votes

madmike77
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
The ones that win

Yeah I think it's safe to go with this.

Gibbs
09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
The problem the red sox have competing with the yankees in terms of overall fans is that people dont realize how small Boston is, there are only 670,000 people in the city compared to like 9 million in nyc

there are NYY fans here but alot of Socks here also remember minor league squads bring support of teams alos and they are spread through the nation Red Socks nation is big just becuase people love to hate the Yankees :):cool:

THINKBLUE15
09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
All time attendance numbers is won by the Dodgers. By a landslide.

Overall popularity, Yankees.

The most popular teams right now are obviously the Yanks, Sox, and Phils.
Over the years and going forward NY, LA, CHI, BOS, STL, etc (Phillies as well) will always be regarded as the most popular teams/markets.

kmo429
09-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Mets....

Mets? METS!?!?!?

lol

Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, Cubs, I'd say in that order... Giants are very popular as well..

kmo429
09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Dodgers, Cards, and mets could be in there as well. Maybe the Reds, possibly a team like the Rangers (really growing and Texas is HUGE)

CHRISDODGERS
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Rays

KingPosey
09-06-2011, 06:37 PM

#3 St. Louis Cardinals

#4 Philadelphia Phillies

#5 Atlanta Braves

#6 The LA Dodgers

#7 Chicago Cubs

#8 NY Mets
Someone did just offer to buy the Dodgers for 1.3 billion.

fadedmario
09-06-2011, 06:40 PM
The older teams (late 1800's - early 1900's) have more fans around the world.

CavsYanksDuke
09-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Cardinals' fans are pretty passionate. I feel like it's...

1. New York
2a. Boston
2b. St. Louis

TheChamp
09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Why does this thread exist?