PDA

View Full Version : September Call Ups

La11
09-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Adam Loewen, Kyle Drabek, David Cooper, Chad Beck, Daniel Farquhar and Brad Mills all called up.

Johann
09-05-2011, 09:32 PM
via Shi Davidi's twitter

Headed to Jays from Vegas: Adam Loewen (back to majors as OF); P Kyle Drabek; 1B David Cooper; P Chad Beck; P Daniel Farquhar; P Brad Mills

PJ Awesome
09-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Beck hey?

bomber0104
09-05-2011, 09:58 PM
so happy Drabek is back... i'm hoping he has a couple of good appearances to end the year on a high note.. he really can't do any worse than he did in his first try at the majors or at AAA.

Also looking forward to seeing Loewen and a bit more of Cooper

naidle
09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Drabek going bullpen? Might be a good change of pace for the dude.

GNick
09-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Loewen be interesting...

B-Ray
09-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Where's Hechavarria? He could get some minutes with Escobar banged up.

idrinkpepsi
09-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Glad to see Drabek, and am very excited to see Loewen.

Tmath
09-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Was hoping to see Hech but whatever.

Shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria also figures to be a big part of the Blue Jays' future.

"He really stands out on the field (with) his athleticism," Anthopoulos said. "Everybody raves about the defense, but he's taken his (plate) approach up a notch.

"He's someone that looks like he's going to be an impact player for us."

Anthopoulos credited 51s batting coach Chad Mottola with helping Hechavarria improve at the plate, where he's hitting .388. He also praised Mottola for having a major influence on Toronto rookies Brett Lawrie and Eric Thames.

"The work that he's done with Lawrie and Thames, just their approaches at the plate are so much better than what I saw in spring training," he said.

GodsSon
09-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Disappointed to not see Hech called up :(

3mikee_
09-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Yay loewan!!!! Wanna see Hech ... Or gose :(

BlueJaysFan
09-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Yay loewan!!!! Wanna see Hech ... Or gose :(

Gose could be a later call up depending on how NH does in the playoffs,?

Johann
09-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I see Gose not getting called up this year. Next year, he'll probably be called up in early August.

Toxeryll
09-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Gose could be a later call up depending on how NH does in the playoffs,?

nope, it would not be smart to use up an option for him

T.O.Bombinators
09-06-2011, 12:27 AM
no mastro...too bad

scotttube
09-06-2011, 12:49 AM
no mastro...too bad

I'm wondering what he did with Beeston's daughter or something when he was last here. He's here 2 weeks ago for one day and then doesn't even make the September call ups.

BlueJayFanDan
09-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Excited to see what Beck and Farquhar can bring to the bullpen. Hope Loewen gets playing time!

bomber0104
09-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Was hoping to see Hech but whatever.

Seems like Mattola might be on his way to the big club.. at least i hope so

PJ Awesome
09-06-2011, 04:04 AM
I'd love to see Chad Mottola as the Jays hitting coach next season^ seems everyone who has played in Vegas this year, on the offensive side, have kicked ***

1hardcore
09-06-2011, 04:11 AM
LOEWAN AND LAWRIE!!!! BC REPRESENT :cool::clap:

Krylian
09-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I'll bet Drabek looks good in his few outings this September...and then we'll have 10 threads on 'What do we do with Drabek in 2012?'...

Starting Rotation?
Bullpen?
AAA?
AA?
Trade?

Halladay
09-06-2011, 06:22 AM
I'd love to see Chad Mottola as the Jays hitting coach next season^ seems everyone who has played in Vegas this year, on the offensive side, have kicked ***

Vegas might be the easiest ball park to hit in in the minors. That needs to be pointed out.

naidle
09-06-2011, 07:07 AM
I see Gose not getting called up this year. Next year, he'll probably be called up in early August.

I don't see the hurry with Rasmus there. Gose still has a lot to learn as a hitter so if Mottola can work his wonders on him too then this seems like a realistic timeline. Otherwise I'm not expecting him on our roster until 2013. Same goes for Hech (though if he keeps up his hitting next year he'll have to be called up).

Macedonian
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Vegas might be the easiest ball park to hit in in the minors. That needs to be pointed out.
Why? It's a different density of air in Vegas?
I can't get why people used to say that Vegas is an easy ball park to hit? Makes sense for homeruns (less distance or whatever), but how could the ball park be a reason if e.g. Hechavarria drastically improved his average?

BlueJaysFan
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I can't get why people used to say that Vegas is an easy ball park to hit? Makes sense for homeruns (less distance or whatever), but how could the ball park be a reason if e.g. Hechavarria drastically improved his average?

To be honest, I don't see how Vegas improves his average. The ball carries more in Vegas, for the ball to carry more he has to actually hit the ball :speechless: . The ball carrying would only help in doubles and home runs would it not?

Maybe it's easier to see the ball? :confused:

Maybe the ball drops in for singles better? :confused:

BlueJaysFan
09-06-2011, 01:15 PM
For anyone thats going to answer the question, don't respond to my comment lol I don't know how thats going to read to anybody and I think I confused myself by editing it 4 times :facepalm:

fatkev78
09-06-2011, 01:23 PM

It's also easier there for grounders due to the intense heat & drought. Despite all the watering the ground is apparently like concrete (just imagine how fast that would play).

BlueJaysFan
09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
It's also easier there for grounders due to the intense heat & drought. Despite all the watering the ground is apparently like concrete (just imagine how fast that would play).

Im not sure if this question was answered in the other thread but if they were the legit last option why didn't we just sign them as our AAA team for one year? :confused:

Johann
09-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't see the hurry with Rasmus there. Gose still has a lot to learn as a hitter so if Mottola can work his wonders on him too then this seems like a realistic timeline. Otherwise I'm not expecting him on our roster until 2013. Same goes for Hech (though if he keeps up his hitting next year he'll have to be called up).

He's the same age as Lawrie. I expect a call up next year, after a year under mattola.

Toxeryll
09-06-2011, 02:45 PM

high altitude, thin air causes a lot of line drives, a lot of carry. breaking balls also dont break as much. also hard infield

fatkev78
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Im not sure if this question was answered in the other thread but if they were the legit last option why didn't we just sign them as our AAA team for one year? :confused:

Someone else guessed that it might be because LV was looking for more of a commitment than one year (didn't want to have a team for 1 year than lose them). :shrug:

GNick
09-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Loewen could be a dark horse like Thames was last year. In that he is on nobody's top prospects list but could be a good one. He is old for a prospect but hasn't batted much. He may take the next step next spring

Bombtista
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
All this talk about Vegas being an easy park to hit in and our players stats are inflated because if it is silly.

Lets look at the splits between two of our top offensive players in the minors this season.

David Cooper

Home- AVG .373/ OBP .448/ OPS 1.024
Away- AVG .556/ OBP 4.30/ OPS 9.30

Brett Lawrie

Home- AVG .343/ OBP .406/ 1.085
Away- AVG .362/ OBP .424/ 1.068

Opposite findings in this split. Either way, both players have relatively similar numbers both home and away.

The reason for high stats has more to do with the fact that they are in the PCL which is obviously hitter heavy.

Toxeryll
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
All this talk about Vegas being an easy park to hit in and our players stats are inflated because if it is silly.

Lets look at the splits between two of our top offensive players in the minors this season.

David Cooper

Home- AVG .373/ OBP .448/ OPS 1.024
Away- AVG .556/ OBP 4.30/ OPS 9.30

Brett Lawrie

Home- AVG .343/ OBP .406/ 1.085
Away- AVG .362/ OBP .424/ 1.068

Opposite findings in this split. Either way, both players have relatively similar numbers both home and away.

The reason for high stats has more to do with the fact that they are in the PCL which is obviously hitter heavy.

there are a lot of hitters park in the PCL but Vegas is far from a neutral park so obviously it is an easy park to hit in.

Macedonian
09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
^ Nice!:)

Same with Hechavarria...
Home Games ... .306 / .359 / .417 / .776
Away Games ... .431 / .468 / .597 / 1.065

Nothing true with the story "Vegas is an easy ball park"!

BlueJaysFan
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Hech won't be called up this month;

Farrell says Hechavarria won't be called up. Has more to do with immigration issues more than his play. #bluejays

Goalie31
09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
ShiDavidi Shi Davidi
No Adeiny Hechavarria in TO this season. He can't leave US for citizenship accumulation reasons. Heading to Fall League instead

fatkev78
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Nothing true with the story "Vegas is an easy ball park"!

Guys, the PCL is a joke (which I think you get). What we're saying is LV just adds a little more to the joke.

The Jays will be out of LV after next year and hopefully out of the PCL.

JMac4PM
09-06-2011, 05:28 PM
lets see here:
adam loewen
kyle drabek
david cooper
chad beck
dan farquhar
brad mills
Brett Cecil
Luis Perez
Casey Janssen
Jesse Litsch
Rommie Lewis
Brian Jeroloman
Brett Lawrie
Chris Woodward
Eric Thames
Dewayne Wise
Mike McCoy

its the Toronto 51s.... 17 guys on our current roster played for LV this year...