PDA

View Full Version : Potentially bad news for us Grizz fans

mzgrizz
09-05-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/could-memphis-grizzlies-lose-marc-gasol--555823.html

Guess this is really nothing new; just rattling some old cages, but it is a reality that Mike Heisley will have to face. Personally I would NEVER give up Marc. Proven 7 foot centers are just too damn rare. I would let Rudy go if I had to choose bwtween the two....maybe find a poor man's version of Rudy somewhere. I hate to let such an agile improved player like Rudy go, but it would be MUCH worse to lose another Gasol.

MrfadeawayJB
09-05-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm still not convinced a decision between Gay and Gasol has to be made. I think we can still keep both. It all depends on the salary cap and new CBA. With Mayo likely gone, (which the article clearly leaves out) there may be enough room. In the future it could be a problem, but why not front load Gasol's contract to avoid this.

Worst case scenario is we have to send out Gay. However we could get a very solid replacement with a significantly less salary number than Rudy. The potential might not be there that Rudy has, but the replacement would be solid.