PDA

View Full Version : A year into Lacob's reign

MackShock
09-05-2011, 06:14 AM
It's been more than a year since Joe Lacob bought the Warriors from Chris Cohan. It was mid-July 2010 when Lacob pulled off the upset and beat out Oracle CEO Larry Ellison for the team.
Since then Lacob has talked of being bold and making dramatic changes, and to an extent he's done that with the hirings of Jerry West as basketball consultant, Bob Myers as assistant general manager and Mark Jackson as coach.

But Lacob did say he was going to take his time with other decisions, most importantly the ones that involved high-ranking employees under previous ownership. Here's a look at which Warriors' employees remain now that Lacob is more than a year in:

BASKETBALL OPERATIONS:

Larry Riley, general manager: Remains.

Travis Schlenk, director of player personnel: Remains.

Keith Smart, head coach: Out.

Jerry Sichting, assistant coach: Out.

Calbert Cheaney, assistant coach: Out.

Rob Werdann, assistant coach: Out.

Lloyd Pierce, assistant coach: Out.

Mark Price, shooting coach: Out.

Mark Grabow, director of athletic development: Out.

John Murray, strength and conditioning coach: Out.

Frank Bernard, assistant athletic trainer: Remains.

Eric Housen, equipment/travel manager: Remains.

Speedy Claxton, scout: Remains.

Larry Harris, basketball consultant/scout: Remains.

Kosta Jankov, scout: Remains.

Lee Mayberry, scout: Remains.

Scott Pruneau, director of scouting: Out.

Mike Riley, pro scout: Remains.

Pat Sund, basketball operations coordinator: Remains.

BUSINESS OPERATIONS

Robert Rowell, president: Out.

Neda Barrie, senior executive vice president of business operations: Out.

Travis Stanley, senior executive vice president of team marketing: Out.

Ben Shapiro, executive vice president of sales and partnership development: Remains.

Dwayne Redmon, vice president of finance: Out.

Brandon Schneider, vice president of ticket sales & services: Remains.

Pat Cassidy, senior executive director of corporate partnership development: Remains.

Terry Robinson, senior executive director of arena operations: Remains.

John Beaven, executive director of ticket sales: Remains.

Dan Becker, executive director of broadcasting: Remains.

Erika Brown, executive director of human resources: Remains.

Raymond Ridder, executive director of public relations: Remains.

Kyle Spencer, executive director of team marketing: Remains.

BROADCAST TEAM

Bob Fitzgerald, television play-by-play announcer: Remains.

Jim Barnett, television & radio analyst: Remains.

Tim Roye, radio play-by-play announcer: Remains.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/30/11/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/l_gswarriors.html?blockID=556686&feedID=2799

MackShock
i intentionally bolded to make you guys angry lol!!

MackShock
fire him, and promote tim roye

likemystylez
09-05-2011, 11:32 AM
there are probably a lot of casual fans who dont have a problem with Bob Fitzgerald at all. Infact, he probably appeals to them more than someone who isnt a homer who is bringing up all the mistakes the organization has made and/or is still making. The hardcore fans are gonna keep watching regardless of how much of an idiot Fitz is, which has been proven considering he couldnt be any more of a homer/idiot.

LOL- Although he refers to so many warrior players as if they are great or "phenominal"... and I think even a casual fan would have to consider... "if all their players are great- why isnt the team great?... or even decent??"

TrueFan420
09-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Robert Rowell, president: Out.

that was the best part of the article

RKeithJames
09-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Great job so far! They have cleaned the house!
Now, when the season starts back up what type of changes are going to happen on the court?

willsayanything
09-06-2011, 01:36 PM
In the high IQ Bay Area, it boggles the mind that we are stuck with two broadcasters as mentally challenged at Bob and Fitz. For all the 'scuffling' they see on the court, they are oblivious to their own. Their view of the game, the contest, is extremely narrow. There is no sense of big picture, small picture whatever.

Alas, it's to be expected. You think the game is weakened by the number of teams and dilution of the talent pool? Broadcasting has become a self-referential inside joke of not the slightest interest or humor. In this, Bob and Fitz are way out front. I can only be glad that Glen, the Golgn Stay Woyers at Oruckle Reena, Kuiper. galls me no more.

Of course, not being a season ticket holder, I'm not a real fan. But I still want the Ws to play well the game I love.

likemystylez
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
In the high IQ Bay Area, it boggles the mind that we are stuck with two broadcasters as mentally challenged at Bob and Fitz. For all the 'scuffling' they see on the court, they are oblivious to their own. Their view of the game, the contest, is extremely narrow. There is no sense of big picture, small picture whatever.

Alas, it's to be expected. You think the game is weakened by the number of teams and dilution of the talent pool? Broadcasting has become a self-referential inside joke of not the slightest interest or humor. In this, Bob and Fitz are way out front. I can only be glad that Glen, the Golgn Stay Woyers at Oruckle Reena, Kuiper. galls me no more.

Of course, not being a season ticket holder, I'm not a real fan. But I still want the Ws to play well the game I love.

Ok so.... I think I might be missing something. Why do you refer to Bob AND Fitz as if they are seperate individuals?... or are we talking about another Bob aside from Bob Fitzgerald? If you do think Fitz and Bob Fitzgerald are seperate people, then I don't think YOU really have any place to critique them/him.

Lloyd Christmas
09-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I guess I'll have to watch games on mute with my music on in the meantime. How can they not see how much better Papa and Tolbert would be? Money is no object right Lacob?

Lloyd Christmas
09-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Or better yet, Marv Albert? He was fired from the Knicks in 2004 for criticizing the Knicks on the broadcast. I would love a straight shooter like Marv.

likemystylez
09-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Or better yet, Marv Albert? He was fired from the Knicks in 2004 for criticizing the Knicks on the broadcast. I would love a straight shooter like Marv.

yeah, most front offices want their broadcasting team to promote their product. Fitz goes above and beyond to the point where his take on most warriors related stuff is so scewed that its laughable to anybody with common sense.

Do you ever notice how the NBC and TNT announcers never ever question the refs calls. LOL mark jackson use to always talk about how derek fisher stepped up for the charge in time.... LOL even while watching the replay where he was clearly late and still moving while taking the charge.

I do like that fitz and barnett call out bad calls by the refs. I think there was a play against the hornets last year where there was a back court violation that was as clear as day to see and none of the 3 refs called it. I mean literally every single person in the arena coulda made the call..... Fitz went crazy about that on the radio for the next week. Mark jackson would have acted like nothing happened.

MackShock
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM
maybe on a national broadcast, its in the nba's best interest to make it seem like they have qualified color commentators? fitz and barnett do question everything, and i do agree with you that those national games dont. i dont really follow much else of the nba, and dont really watch national games in general. but on the rare occasions that the warriors are on espn, youll have mark jackson and jeff van gundy agreeing with everything.

willsayanything
09-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok so.... I think I might be missing something. Why do you refer to Bob AND Fitz as if they are seperate individuals?... or are we talking about another Bob aside from Bob Fitzgerald? If you do think Fitz and Bob Fitzgerald are seperate people, then I don't think YOU really have any place to critique them/him.

Right. Even after reading your reply, it took me a minute to come of with the other dolts name, so yes, I meant to refer to Jim and Fitz.

MackShock
09-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I was gonna say Bob and Fitz too lol...but i corrected myself. I had no idea what you were saying until he replied..

Lloyd Christmas
09-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Not many things in this world actually make me angry. Fitz does. What does that say about me? I have problems...

Leandres_sf
09-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Not many things in this world actually make me angry. Fitz does. What does that say about me? I have problems...

Not really, if Fitz's annoying nature is one of your biggest problems, I'd say you're in pretty food shape ;)

MackShock
09-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Not really, if Fitz's annoying nature is one of your biggest problems, I'd say you're in pretty food shape ;)

well no...he eats out for lunch every day...

Lloyd Christmas
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
well no...he eats out for lunch every day...

Good point, Shock.

Lloyd Christmas
09-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Very true, Leandres. I needed that perspective.

MackShock
09-08-2011, 01:02 AM
this lockout needs to end...but im sure its going to keep me from watching warriors games and studying..this semester is the most crucial ever