PDA

View Full Version : just for fun , Wich core would get us a ring next year with more ease?

Hellcrooner
09-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Both teams have Kobe and Pau.

2010-11 Lakers vs Kobe+ Team Spain.

Bynum vs Marc Gasol
Pau vs Pau
Artest vs Rudy F
Kobe vs Kobe
Fihser Vs Rubio

bench:
Ratliff vs Felipe reyes
Odom Vs Ibaka
Barnes vs Claver ( blazers rights)
S brown vs Navarro
Blake vs Calderon

Walton vs Llul

Chacarron
09-01-2011, 02:00 AM
It was close for me but I went with last year's Lakers. I am not a fan of Rudy Fernandez, especially on defense. I don't think Rubio would have much success next to Kobe as he won't be able to shoot the 3 consistently. I think the the Spanish team + Kobe is a better defense unit since Marc, Pau, Kobe, Rubio and Ibaka are all above average on defense. However, the bench would suffer with no real option at the 2 or 3. Matt Barnes provides gritty defense and enough slashing and shooting to be a serviceable wing man off the bench. Also, Lamar is such a difference maker and while Ibaka is a nice young player, he cannot do what Odom does at 6'10.

Hellcrooner
09-01-2011, 02:44 AM
It was close for me but I went with last year's Lakers. I am not a fan of Rudy Fernandez, especially on defense. I don't think Rubio would have much success next to Kobe as he won't be able to shoot the 3 consistently. I think the the Spanish team + Kobe is a better defense unit since Marc, Pau, Kobe, Rubio and Ibaka are all above average on defense. However, the bench would suffer with no real option at the 2 or 3. Matt Barnes provides gritty defense and enough slashing and shooting to be a serviceable wing man off the bench. Also, Lamar is such a difference maker and while Ibaka is a nice young player, he cannot do what Odom does at 6'10.

No real option? at the 2 in the bench?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1778/juan-carlos-navarro

Chacarron
09-01-2011, 02:49 AM
No real option? at the 2 in the bench?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1778/juan-carlos-navarro

I know Navarro would play off the bench but as much as I love him I don't know much about his defense. I know he has nice tear drop and can drain it from 3, but he is not really a prototypical wing man 2/3 and won't play more than 15 minutes with Kobe at the 2. Matt Barnes at least give us a flex option because Shannon sucks donkey balls plain and simple.

Marco22
09-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Stop dreaming with this fairy tale basketball! What's your point?

Trueblue2
09-01-2011, 04:03 PM
The point was "just for fun". He said it in the title

Avenged
09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Very close.. I'm not liking the PG match-up though.. But the Lakers have succeeded before with better PG's than Rubio so..

Hellcrooner
09-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Very close.. I'm not liking the PG match-up though.. But the Lakers have succeeded before with better PG's than Rubio so..

well rubio can DEFFEND, and PASS the ball, fisher defense ...........

rubio wouldnt work in the triangle tough, but wiht brown....

Iron24th
09-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I take "last year's Lakers".

Bruno
09-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Team Spain would be more fluid on offense, but we'd get punished by teams with elite SF's. Team Spain+Kobe would match up horribly against the Miami perimeter, as well as OKC.

Tough call.

lakers4sho
09-01-2011, 07:11 PM
If someone from that Spain team can bring to the table what Odom does then I'll pick then. Although we would get murdered at the 3. Fernandez vs. James/Durant/Melo???

LakersMaster24
09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Navarro is too small to play shooting guard and his mentality does not let him to be a good point guard.