PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings vying to keep Kobe out of Drew League - Makes T-Shirt

P Styles
08-31-2011, 09:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Brandon-Jennings-says-Kobe-Bryant-shouldn-8217-?urn=nba-wp7965

Thoughts? I think he's going a bit far. Kobe has brought a lot of basketball success to the city of Los Angeles.

Squad13
08-31-2011, 09:55 AM
What a dunce

Law25
08-31-2011, 10:15 AM
So what Kobe wasnt born here. He came here at 17 and now entering his 16 season with the city. What the hell is this kid talking about? Kobe's been a Laker since the boy was five. I think BJ is more concerned about being outshined than anything else. That includes winning. Pathetic

MTar786
08-31-2011, 10:22 AM
he is so jealous of kobe its getting irritating.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Nobody likes a Douche.

I guess you can't play in the Drew League either Brandon.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-31-2011, 10:31 AM
If he is legitimately not ok with this because Kobe wasn't born in LA than I'm ok with it (although the t-shirt is a little much). This seems more like he doesnt wanna get torched by Kobe in LA.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Have they always been an LA born league?

If that is the case, I actually might side with Kobe not playing. Even though I do not support how Jennings is going about it.

:shrug:

Geargo Wallace
08-31-2011, 10:36 AM
BJ blows

justinnum1
08-31-2011, 10:45 AM
jennings is trash

Venomous88
08-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Some people here are great story tellers. For clarification, the shirt was made a while back when the UH commercial came out and has really no relevance to this story except for the fact that BJ isn't really fond of Kobe.

3mikee_
08-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Lol wtf... who the **** is Brandon Jennings to tell Kobe not to play somewhere.

Law25
08-31-2011, 11:20 AM
If im not mistaken wasnt he going to play for the Goodman league against Melo league, and didnt he play at the Melo center. Now he's trying to tell kats where they can and can not play lol.

albertc86
08-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Jennings is starting his own birther movement :facepalm: We know Kobe wasn't born in Cali/L.A., idiot.

ShakeN'Bake
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
he is so jealous of kobe its getting irritating.

What else has he done to show he is jealous?

PrettyBoyJ
08-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Kobe been living in LA for almost as long as Bradon Jennings has been alive.. You could pretty much say he's from LA

kvrnm
08-31-2011, 11:47 AM
haha brandon iks funny for this

SMH!
08-31-2011, 11:50 AM
hahaha wow yahoo will do anything for a story, he took this picture after the last drew league game, and he doesnt even sell the shirt, he said it was a joke.. And he said he doesnt mind kobe PLAYING in drew league, just he doesnt think kobe shouldnt travel with drew league when they play other leagues, which is true because all the travelers are from LA.. and KOBES NOT FROM LA.. Make sense? So I don't see why there is hate, he did nothing wrong.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Rules is rules!

KingPosey
08-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Kobe is LA basketball.

A turd that shoots 30% should keep his mouth shut.

jneises21
08-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Lol if I was Kobe that would make me want to play in it more and more, and guard Jennings and straight up embarrass him

Hellcrooner
08-31-2011, 12:22 PM
1 if the RULE has always been you need to have been born in the city then, well he is right.

2 He is a douche regardless if he is right or not in his claim.

3 he better cross his fingers next time lakers play the bucks that kobe is under the flu, or he is gonna get raped.

DenButsu
08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
What a ridiculous thing to do. Any NBA player worth his salt should welcome the opportunity to play against the best possible competition, especially during the lockout when those chances will be harder to come by.

--------------------

EDIT - And I could care less about the "tradition" of the Drew league. I mean really, who cares? Basketball players and fans should welcome any avenue that gets NBA players involved in competitive basketball during the lockout. And if the organizers of those leagues are keeping it real, bending the rules/traditions to pack as much NBA talent as possible onto those rosters is definitely in their best interest. I mean really: How many people had even heard of the Drew league before the lockout? Certainly not most casual NBA fans.

MrfadeawayJB
08-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I think Brandon just doesn't want Kobe stealin his shine!!!

Da Knicks
08-31-2011, 01:38 PM
1 if the RULE has always been you need to have been born in the city then, well he is right.

2 He is a douche regardless if he is right or not in his claim.

3 he better cross his fingers next time lakers play the bucks that kobe is under the flu, or he is gonna get raped.

Not exactly the words to put Kobe in. :D

TheRunKiller
08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Kobe & Jennings need to play 1 on 1

gwrighter
08-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Kobe should be resting his knees no? Drew was meant to showcase ballers from LA. A lot of unknown ballers use the Drew as a way of exposure. Kobe obviously doesn't need it, & could be taking away some of the attention that might have been casted on those who need it. & for all those saying that Kobe is practically from LA your crazy, he was born in Phili & was partially raised in Italy.

Bruno
08-31-2011, 03:14 PM
No other player has scored more points professionally in the city of Los Angeles than Kobe Bryant. He obviously gets a pass here.

Jennings needs to cut down on the french-cries and wham-burgers.

floater
08-31-2011, 03:19 PM
hahaha wow yahoo will do anything for a story, he took this picture after the last drew league game, and he doesnt even sell the shirt, he said it was a joke.. And he said he doesnt mind kobe PLAYING in drew league, just he doesnt think kobe shouldnt travel with drew league when they play other leagues, which is true because all the travelers are from LA.. and KOBES NOT FROM LA.. Make sense? So I don't see why there is hate, he did nothing wrong.

Javale McGee has been playing all summer and is from detroit.

floater
08-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Kobe should be resting his knees no? Drew was meant to showcase ballers from LA. A lot of unknown ballers use the Drew as a way of exposure. Kobe obviously doesn't need it, & could be taking away some of the attention that might have been casted on those who need it. & for all those saying that Kobe is practically from LA your crazy, he was born in Phili & was partially raised in Italy.

when you've spent half your entire life and your entire adult life somewhere, yeah, its safe to say you're "practically" from there.

bigsams50
08-31-2011, 03:29 PM
[/B]

Not exactly the words to put Kobe in. :D

:laugh:

Law25
08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Kobe & Jennings need to play 1 on 1

If its make it take it than that game would be as fun as it was watching him dog out lil bow wow. Post up, post up, lay up, fade away, blow by, dunk, and game over.

Brooklyn Mets
08-31-2011, 04:44 PM

this

Evolution23
08-31-2011, 06:20 PM
What happened to the Bj hype after that 55 point game.

knightstemplar
08-31-2011, 06:23 PM
lol

naps
08-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Well, if it's true that only LA born players are supposed to take part then he's right. But if not then who the **** is Jennings to talk BS about Kobe. Jennings is nothing compared to Kobe in LA, Kobe is the biggest sport icon in LA and one of the greatest of the LA history. Jennings hasn't done anything to talk BS about Kobe.

CarniifeX
08-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Nobody like a snake? That's the worst punchline for a t-shirt I've ever seen.

KingOf215
08-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I'll make a deal with you LA fans, you give us IN-N-OUT burger and you can claim Kobe being from LA all you want.

Cert
08-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Lol wtf... who the **** is Brandon Jennings to tell Kobe not to play somewhere.

Exactly

97NYer
08-31-2011, 07:37 PM
nobody likes a ball hogging point guard who shoots 30 something percent

Sadds The Gr8
08-31-2011, 07:38 PM

this

bmd1101
08-31-2011, 08:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Brandon-Jennings-says-Kobe-Bryant-shouldn-8217-?urn=nba-wp7965

Thoughts? I think he's going a bit far. Kobe has brought a lot of basketball success to the city of Los Angeles.

Jennings doesnt have enough talent to be a stain on Kobe's shoes, I say 1v1 Kobe v Jennings, loser out of the league.

Bulls_fan90
08-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Jennings is a turd. I remember when PSD used to think he was awesome. Fail.

C-Style
08-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Jennings played in Arizona in high school and then went overseas to play ball and then got drafted by Milwaukee. Kobe has been in L.A longer than Jennings.

ewmania
08-31-2011, 10:07 PM
kobe is more LA than brandon is

when bucks head to LA for away game, who does the crowd cheer for

kobe's been in LA for 15 years putting his body on the line... that's like if Jennings played for the bucks for 15 years and some punk younging tells him he can't play for a Milwaukee team

calakers
08-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Kobe been living in LA for almost as long as Bradon Jennings has been alive.. You could pretty much say he's from LA

true that hes been there since he was 17 and the fact that the person saying it is a nobody makes it even funnier he just mad that nobody pays attention to his sorry *** when hes in la and the fact that he doesnt want to get dominated and outshined by kobe makes him a loser for not even trying to compete

SMH!
08-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Jennings played in Arizona in high school and then went overseas to play ball and then got drafted by Milwaukee. Kobe has been in L.A longer than Jennings.

Jennings played in Compton High with Demar Derozan his freshmen and sophmore year, then he went to Oak Hill in VIRGINIA not Arizona, and you cant blame him, its OAK HILL. Oak hill is arguably the best basketball high school, when he went there his rank went to number 1 in the nation. And then he wanted to go to USC, but his grades sucked so he went overseas and we all knew how that went.

And this shirt was made for fun, check his twitter, he talked about it, it was after the game Kobe hit the game winner on his team, it was a joke, people calm down lol and it was Kobe's decision not to play against goodman league he easily could of.

championships
08-31-2011, 11:05 PM
kobe currently owns the city, he can do what he wants

gwrighter
09-01-2011, 09:52 AM
when you've spent half your entire life and your entire adult life somewhere, yeah, its safe to say you're "practically" from there.

I know what you are trying to say but he fundamentally isn't. He's been "Hollywood" ever since he got to LA. He doesn't know what it's like to grow up in LA, to be from LA. How many Angeleno's are trilingual & fluent in both Spanish & Italian?

millerandco
09-01-2011, 10:11 AM
who the **** does brandon jennings think he is

DR_1
09-01-2011, 07:12 PM
How old is he? 9?

Fresno
09-01-2011, 07:25 PM
in b4 Kobe plays and calls out Jennings each time down the court to embarrass him.

Kobe wouldnt be fun to play against in one of these games because he will take it serious and look to embarrass whoever guards him. Just look at the video of what he said & did to Bow Wow :laugh::laugh:

brb backing Jennings down under the basket, scoring, and doing his scowl at him as the crowd goes nuts.

smith&wesson
09-01-2011, 08:02 PM
what has he done that makes him think he is able to even go at kobe ?? pfffft now thats a hater.

ldawg
09-01-2011, 10:19 PM
jennings is a punk

DCB/LAL
09-03-2011, 07:27 PM
This guy must really be an idiot to go at Kobe by telling him he cant play on an LA based League.. It dont bother me that he said this he has his own beliefs but the guy has to be smarter than to go at Kobe Bryant in his own city.

It wouldn't matter if was Lebron, Durant or god himself(sarcasm obviously) whomever if they went at Kobe and told him he couldn't play on an LA based league their gonna get hated on which is not good considered its from LA.

DenButsu
09-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I know what you are trying to say but he fundamentally isn't. He's been "Hollywood" ever since he got to LA. He doesn't know what it's like to grow up in LA, to be from LA. How many Angeleno's are trilingual & fluent in both Spanish & Italian?

A lot of born and raised Angelinos are "Hollywood", too. What it means to be "from L.A." is dramatically different depending on which part of it people grow up in. I went to Whittier College, where there was a fairly heavy draw of student from East L.A. as well as from "the hills", and even though all those people were technically "from L.A.", for all practical purposes they grew up in completely different worlds. To be from there doesn't many any one particular thing, including how many languages someone does (or doesn't) speak.

Avenged
09-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Los Angeles is Kobe Bryant.

Who would Los Angeles residents most rather see, Kobe or Jennings?

It's not even debatable to me. Kobe is part from L.A just as much if not more than Jennings.

Bruno
09-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Los Angeles is Kobe Bryant.

Who would Los Angeles residents most rather see, Kobe or Jennings?

It's not even debatable to me. Kobe is part from L.A just as much if not more than Jennings.

It's just a ridiculous claim to make considering how many times "non-LA natives" have gotten a pass in the past.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-04-2011, 10:23 AM
who the **** does brandon jennings think he is

A ****ing Boss.

40oz
09-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Kobe was born eating off a golden spoon , Jennings had a staneless steel one. I feel where he coming from

iggypop123
09-05-2011, 01:20 AM
ill be looking foward to the bucks game when jennings has to switch on to kobe.