PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings says Kobe shouldn't play in the Drew League.

Avenged
08-30-2011, 11:54 PM
If Kobe Bryant agrees to play in a proposed Drew League-Goodman League rematch, thousands of L.A. fans would flock to wherever the game takes place. And if he does, it appears Milwaukee Bucks guard Brandon Jennings would go on his own "birther" campaign, like Donald Trump did with President Barack Obama.

"He wasn't born and raised in L.A," Jennings told ESPN the Magazine's Chris Palmer regarding Bryant, who attended Lower Merion near Philadelphia. "You gotta be from L.A. for Drew. Show me a birth certificate." [...]

Don't mistake Brandon's gripes about Bryant as a personal attack, though. Even though the Compton native would benefit from playing alongside Bryant, his gripes point more to his belief that the Drew League is compromising its roots in representing L.A. players. Jennings, after all, reiterated to Palmer the same thing he told me at the 2010 ESPY awards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Brandon-Jennings-says-Kobe-Bryant-shouldn-8217-?urn=nba-wp7965

I remember their being a thread with the image of Brandon Jennings in the link asking if he's calling out Kobe.. I didn't think nothing of it at the time.. but..

Chacarron
08-31-2011, 12:22 AM
What the **** is this guy smoking? Kobe is a huge part of Los Angeles. He may not have been born in Los Angeles but he certainly has done a lot to represent this city and give the Angelinos multiple moments of joy. Brandon Jennings should shut his mouth because all I see is jealousy and disrespect towards Papa Colby.

LakersMaster24
08-31-2011, 01:40 AM
This kid is full of himself when he is not even a Top 10 PG! He should just stick to Milwaukee.

Kobe>LBJ
08-31-2011, 02:12 AM
He knows he would ride the bench if Kobe played. Selfish

XJW18
08-31-2011, 02:24 AM
His whole thing with Kobe before and now this?
Obviously he has some sort of Gripe with Kobe..
Im dissapointed in Brandon Jennings..
He was one of my fav up and comers.

kblo247
08-31-2011, 02:33 AM
Guy must be bipolar.

He also praised Kobe in the article, and just recently on NBA TV they showed him talking about Kobe. He called him an animal, the best in the league, and by far the best player and competitor he has faced since being in the league.

Maybe, just maybe he saw that Artest, Barnes, and Blake got deals after getting into it with Kobe and is trying to follow their path on his way o the forum blue and gold.

MVPKOBE43
08-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Guy must be bipolar.

He also praised Kobe in the article, and just recently on NBA TV they showed him talking about Kobe. He called him an animal, the best in the league, and by far the best player and competitor he has faced since being in the league.

Maybe, just maybe he saw that Artest, Barnes, and Blake got deals after getting into it with Kobe and is trying to follow their path on his way o the forum blue and gold.

definitely bipolar

Bruno
08-31-2011, 05:47 AM
No players has scored more professional points in the city of Los Angeles than Kobe. Kobe gets a pass here.

mekedubs
08-31-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm not from LA, but I would let the fans of LA have a say in who plays for the Drew league...
Who would they come to see play? Jennings or Kobe? (RHETORICAL):rolleyes:

I'm just sayin....:)

championships
08-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Jennings just knows that Kobe would take the spotlight from him.

lakers4sho
08-31-2011, 12:21 PM
He mad.

Hellcrooner
08-31-2011, 12:22 PM
1 if the RULE has always been you need to have been born in the city then, well he is right.

2 He is a douche regardless if he is right or not in his claim.

3 he better cross his fingers next time lakers play the bucks that kobe is under the flu, or he is gonna get raped.

kblo247
08-31-2011, 01:40 PM
1 if the RULE has always been you need to have been born in the city then, well he is right.

2 He is a douche regardless if he is right or not in his claim.

3 he better cross his fingers next time lakers play the bucks that kobe is under the flu, or he is gonna get raped.

Just saying here is a list of guys who have played in the Drew League straight from their site

David Greenwood
Raymond Lewis
Lester Conner
Byron Scott
John Williams
Greg Anthony
Freeman Williams
Micheal Cooper
Dennis Johnson
John Staggers
Paul Pierce
Allen Caveness
Tyrone Lue
Andre Miller
Kenny "Bad Santa" Brunner
Bobby Brown
Jason Hart
Ricky Davis
Trevor Ariza
Gabe Pruitt
Craig Smith
Nick Young
Dorell Wright
Marcus Williams
JaVale McGee
Brandon Jennings
Demar Derozen
James Harden
Cuttino Mobley
Baron Davis

I know the ones underlined aren't from LA. They like Kobe have ties with Lue being a Laker, Davis and Mobley being a Clip, and McGee's mom being a Spark. Anthony grew up and went to school in Vegas but trained in LA during the summers at the UCLA and Venice Beach courts by his own admission.

Purple&Gold24
08-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Told you guys :)

KillaInstinct24
09-02-2011, 07:57 PM
not from LA so i cant comment on the significance of this. but if its supposed to be for LA born players then he makes a point. but seriously, who cares? lets end this lockout and screw all these summer league games

LosDoyers1
09-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Jennings doesn't want to get his butt kicked by the Black Mamba. Kobe ain't fearing the deer.

lakersfan01
09-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Who cares, if they want to let Kobe play, and Kobe wants to play, what the hell is the problem. Jennings is a *******. "BJ" (lol) needs to focus on getting himself a jump shot, he's pathetic.

I am critical of Kobe's stretches of lack of efficiency, but how about "BJ", the guy has got to be the most inefficient guy in the league!!! lol

"BJ" is jealous! Maybe he wishes he was a Los Angeles Laker instead of a Milwaukee Buttwheat!

8kobe24
09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Kobe might not be born and raised in LA but we all can say that we watched him grow up as an NBA Player in LA, which to me is equivalent if not greater. 17 years Italy/Philly...16 years all LA.

lakers4sho
09-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Colby has been a Laker for almost as long as Jennings is alive. Dude should seriously stfu.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Kobe has adopted LA as his home. His hometown has completely bashed him for years. Screw Jennings.

lakers4sho
09-07-2011, 01:01 AM
-nvm-

ldawg
09-08-2011, 10:02 AM
jennings is a little punk.