PDA

View Full Version : Melo League defeats Goodman league 149-141...Durant scores 59

airronijordan
08-30-2011, 09:52 PM
According to several tweets, Durant owned Lebron and vice versa

And according to tweets, this game was more entertaining than the Drew vs Goodman game

Durant had 59 pts
Lebron had 42 pts
Melo had 34 pts
CP3 had 26 pts

thedfactor
08-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I love the "according to tweets" haha

Need some video of this action

Quietmoney
08-30-2011, 10:08 PM
I need some in game footage!!

JWO35
08-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm surprised no Sports Television Networks like Versus(or whatever) has yet to jump on stuff like this...I'm sure people would tune in.

NYman15
08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
I think ESPN News has been showing clips. Take a look there.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-30-2011, 10:18 PM
It's a freaking rec league...

Stop acting like this is going to add on to these players legacies. I could score 30 in this league...

airronijordan
08-30-2011, 10:19 PM
twitter.com/MrMichaelLee

twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

Michael Lee tweeted throughout the game bc he was there

I got the stats from the game from Alex Kennedy's tweets

ESPN better have some highlights tomorrow!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Thought the Melo league would win by a lot.

Stuckey#3
08-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm sure ESPN has some type of contract clause that does not allow them to air these type of events... but it would be a good opportunity for a network with no NBA ties to get some ratings; like spike, fx, or vs.

Bruno
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Nobody can guard KD; he's gona go down as one of the greatest scorers in league history, if health allows it. KD not being able to guard LBJ, and LBJ not being able to guard Durant should come as a surprise to nobody.

Baller1
08-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Durant is too good.

Gators123
08-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Daye had 32

VillaMaravilla
08-30-2011, 10:37 PM
durant is a beast and a humble kid when do you see those 2 things in one player

MiamiWadeCounty
08-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Nobody can guard KD; he's gona go down as one of the greatest scorers in league history, if health allows it. KD not being able to guard LBJ, and LBJ not being able to guard Durant should come as a surprise to nobody.

You realize this is a pickup game for fun? Nobody actually plays defense. I doubt KD, Lebron, or anyone else for that matter was even trying. Maybe on the last few possessions of the game if it was close, but for the majority it's just all offense. No need to go hard and risk injury.

NYman15
08-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Great quote from Melo.

@alanhahn: I do this! RT @MrMichaelLee: Carmelo Anthony was asked to give a message to the kids. "$#!+, man. I'm a role model." 29 minutes ago

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/nba/teams/New_York_Knicks/20/Home#ixzz1WZNYeL00

NYman15
08-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Durant, Lebron, and Melo really stole the show with their highlight dunks. Durant was just nasty and did some amazing moves, Lebron had some highlight dunks, and Melo had some great passes and had a tremendous reverse dunk that got the crowd going nuts.

MiamiWadeCounty
08-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Here is a link I found to some of the highlights:
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/31639908

Slimsim
08-30-2011, 10:49 PM
man ESPN is worthless you think they would have a live coverage of the game **** poker

Slimsim
08-30-2011, 10:52 PM

No head bands for melo or LBJ and hear i thought that was the source of their power

MiamiWadeCounty
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
No head bands for melo or LBJ and hear i thought that was the source of their power

Maybe their lack of head bands increased their verts by multiple inches and made them quicker as well ;).

NYman15
08-30-2011, 11:06 PM
ESPN now is saying Lebron had 32 and Melo had 27 and Cp3 had 15. Durant had 59.

NYman15
08-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Melo's team is now saying he had 34.Not sure what to believe. Not that it really matters though.

DR_1
08-30-2011, 11:16 PM

Derrick Rose

barreleffact
08-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Derrick Rose

:laugh: no!

naps
08-31-2011, 12:04 AM
Derrick Rose

lol

asandhu23
08-31-2011, 12:15 AM

media brainwashed your mind, dude. :pity:

mlisica19
08-31-2011, 12:18 AM
It's a freaking rec league...

Stop acting like this is going to add on to these players legacies. I could score 30 in this league...

Its not just any rec league when 4 NBA superstars are playing...

As for them playing this game, of course they would do something like this. They love the game more than most of us can even imagine and do it to stay in shape and game-ready. Best thing they can probably do with the NBA on all red alert and in lockout mode.

People caring? Its a sporting event with 4 of the best players in the world playing. Its not like theirs full ESPN coverage and what not. But 4 NBA superstars playing in a basetball game is more than a rec league of any kind.

And the most surprising feat of this accomplishment, and thank you for making the thread... Durant was one man going up against 3 superstars. I had James team bound to destroy Durant's. Yet once again its James losing out in the end of all things. Goes to show you that the teams with the best roster wont always win. The Theory of Competition my friends.

Durant is so underrated, what he does to make his teammates better is a true sign of leadership. Hes such a smart player and wouldnt be suprised to see Durant take the West next year if there is a league

mlisica19
08-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Derrick Rose

Everyone is humble in their own way I guess then,

cuz idk how humble one is when he says give me the ball (in the playoffs) and well be alright. ** Do not quote me on that, but yes along the lines of I trust my teammates and all but I think its time for them to just give me the ball and rely on me more. Well that turned out to the Heat killing the Bulls in the playoffs.

Durant is underrated in just how well rounded and valuable he is to his teams. Coach K of Team USA said during training camp he would pass to much. That they wanted him to shoot more because hes capable of scoring baskets and wants him to have less assists. Where as Coach K had a hard time making James follow team protocol and also was inches away with kicking him off the roster.

Durant refused to do a sport cover if two of the lesser known players (including Kristic) were to do it with him so that the whole team can get more publicity rather than 1 or 2 guys.

Watch his interviews, read them too. He doesnt believe he is near the best of the players in today when clearly hes up there. Watch his style of play. He doesnt rely on just his shooting but his awareness and where to be even without the ball. He plays a simple game of bball and its quite beautiful.

No one is as humble of a guy, down to earth as a player and as skilled.

mlisica19
08-31-2011, 12:28 AM
You realize this is a pickup game for fun? Nobody actually plays defense. I doubt KD, Lebron, or anyone else for that matter was even trying. Maybe on the last few possessions of the game if it was close, but for the majority it's just all offense. No need to go hard and risk injury.

There is a difference between playing hard and playing smart. Smart players win the game. Your right, I am sure these skilled players werent going for every rebound or divining for nearly impossible loose balls but I am sure they tried to win this game. The mere fact that they were versing each other made them want to win even more. One superstar? 3 Superstars? I am sure James and crew took it likely, like they do on the court in the NBA. Durant played his game and had fun. He won. Sounds like what happened to the Heat last year, not taking it serious from day 1 of signing to game 6 of the NBA CHampionship. Sometimes when you take something serious too late, you get left behind.

Thats what this is about. James wants to be the best he can be? I guarantee you he is not, a true great player wins games when he says hes committed to a team. I wont mention the name, cough cough Jordan cough cough, but I am sure one particular player wouldnt have lost that game.

Chronz
08-31-2011, 01:47 AM
http://youtu.be/Tv8ZSQ6GqEc

Just in case

coryd238
08-31-2011, 02:08 AM
Durant, Lebron, and Melo really stole the show with their highlight dunks. Durant was just nasty and did some amazing moves, Lebron had some highlight dunks, and Melo had some great passes and had a tremendous reverse dunk that got the crowd going nuts.

Umm, Melo can't pass though..

And LMAO at anyone who think this game matters. The whole game is pretty much a fastbreak. Look at KD's highlights, hardly any are in a halfcourt set.

PurpleJesus
08-31-2011, 03:05 AM
I dont get it, if all these stars are playing, why is there no defense?

Stack_NJNets
08-31-2011, 03:19 AM
Durant is such a great scorer man... it's getting ridiculous.

Knicks21
08-31-2011, 07:27 AM

Rose

NYman15
08-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Melo isn't known for his passing but he makes some amazing passes at times. He had some good ones last night.

justinnum1
08-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Derrick Rose

:facepalm:

allSUAVE
08-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Nice, look like Melo lost weight. Lebron look more explosive. lockout not effecting them! thank GOD!

kdspurman
08-31-2011, 09:21 AM

It's a rare thing these days... Tim Duncan and David Robinson were in their respective primes. Its something i know i appreciate with the young talent of today

Law25
08-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Man why didnt my dude old man Bryant show up for the Goodman league. If he did they would have won. All they needed from him was 9 points to take out Melo, Bron, and CP3 because Durant was ballin! I guess someone showed that kid how to create his own shot, or Westbrooke's WCF performance made him get in the gym. Whatever happened league beware.

Da Knicks
08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
There is a difference between playing hard and playing smart. Smart players win the game. Your right, I am sure these skilled players werent going for every rebound or divining for nearly impossible loose balls but I am sure they tried to win this game. The mere fact that they were versing each other made them want to win even more. One superstar? 3 Superstars? I am sure James and crew took it likely, like they do on the court in the NBA. Durant played his game and had fun. He won. Sounds like what happened to the Heat last year, not taking it serious from day 1 of signing to game 6 of the NBA CHampionship. Sometimes when you take something serious too late, you get left behind.

Thats what this is about. James wants to be the best he can be? I guarantee you he is not, a true great player wins games when he says hes committed to a team. I wont mention the name, cough cough Jordan cough cough, but I am sure one particular player wouldnt have lost that game.

:confused:Melo squad won though, im very confused with your post. Also i dont like Lebron because im a knick fan but your hatred towards him is just absurd. :facepalm:

3mikee_
08-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Durant just kept crossing out LeBron over and over again.. blowing by him... it just looked unfair. Not saying LeBron is bad, as a matter of fact I'm saying LeBron is one of the premier defenders in the league and Durant just made him look silly.

By the way, this game was way better than the Goodman vs Drew IMO.

mlisica19
08-31-2011, 11:37 AM
:confused:Melo squad won though, im very confused with your post. Also i dont like Lebron because im a knick fan but your hatred towards him is just absurd. :facepalm:

I picked up on my mistake this morning, sorry guys. I read this article on several other sites and I was just getting confused on who actually won when I decided to finally talk about it on here. Seeing Durant score 59 made me believe he led his team to a victory but I should have easily saw MELO team defeating Goodman lol.

And actually my reasoning to hate LeBron is so much more reasonable than you being a Knick fan and disliking him.

Aw boo hoo, the guy did not come to New York. For 2 years the media and his agents and himself included all made you believe he was actually coming. Get over it.

I dislike his personality, I dislike his off the court attitude toward the game. The choices you make, define who you are. Well, with the many many choices hes made over the past 2 seasons... I am very upset with who he is. He is suppose to be a role model, and he is not. He is suppose to be a leader and instead is a follower. As a SPORT FAN, I dislike the athlete he is and will become. I dont hate his skill, i hate his personality and traits and his work ethic.

He left Cleveland. His home town, his home state. His family and friends. He says hes a bulls fan growing up, but I also know he is a straight up band wagon follower. His favorite teams growing up were the Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls and New York Yankees. Funy how they are all on differ parts of the map yet they are all superstars in the 90's and above. He says hes a Bulls fan, but he was also a poor kid growing up moving from town to town. When did he get the chance to watch the Bulls or any of these teams? Maybe 3-5x a year? Maybe some playoffs... No hes a straight up front runner, dont let him fool you. He grew up watching the Cavs.

He left the Cavs, a team that was doing well with him. The system was around him. Yet he wanted to go to a team like the Cowboys, Bulls and Yankees. So he left his home for the only team that had 2 other big name all star players. The WORST PART... is that he did not do it quietly either. a 60 minute interview that led to the decision. How much can you be into yourself and the limelight?

Another bad part is what kind of leader leaves his #1 seeded team the year prior, for a team that JUST signed 2 superstars. It wasnt even like he was going immediately, he was waiting for that extra signing of Bosh and then the resigning of Wade for him to make his decision. He is a follower, which is another reason why he left. He loves the attention but he couldnt handle being the go to guy for the Cavs especially in playoff crunch time.

Then to have a ROCK CONCERT to celebrate your new team. There was no mention of the other members of the heat, just the 3 big name guys who entered the stage with flash and fire. What kind of role model is that.

The team starts to go downhill, and everyone lines up next to James to blame the only person they know how to. Anyone but themselves, blaming the Coach. Team starts to get use to each other, starts winning games and now everyone loves the coach.

Where you would hear that Kobe Bryant is preparing heavily mentally and physically for each game and each off-season... Same goes for Dirk, and Kidd and Durant and Griffen. You hear about James and some new antics hes preparing every day.

In Cleveland it seemed he was more into creating a entrance for his team to come out with during a home game rather than preparing for the actual opponent.

His play is impressing too, until you see him in his biggest fears. Stress of getting the ball and letting his teammates do all the dirty work in the 4th qtr of the finals. I dont care what BS you feed me, I watched every game and did research on James the entire series. James was invisible in the final minutes of every game... Not that he couldnt be found, but more like he blended in with the rest of his team. Wade was the only one who stood out every game. When you want to be the best or be considered a king, you better be a stand out most of the time if not every time.

I am glad they lost to Dirk, Dallas deserved it SOOOO much more. Oh and yea... The Guy LeBron was guarding... Jason Terry. Well he was left open because of a miscommunication between James and his teammates. Godo job guys you lost ur self a title...

James and crew laughing at Dirk for being sick... Well good job Dirk to communicating with your team and telling them not to talk about that incident to the media. Jason Terry and Kidd " Sorry I cant talk about it, Dirk said its about him and he will deal with it. We have to focus on the game"

Thats a leader...

Other unimpressed moments from the James era
- I forget the year, dont care too much, but James was impressed one year with the Dunk contest and was asked if he would do it next year. Reports stated he PROMISED he would enter it the following year. Its been 2-3 year since and he hasnt done it. The big time dunker with all this flash refuses to do a dunk contest... one thing to not do it, one thing to promise it. IT WAS WHEN NATE ROBINSON WON HIS FIRST I THINK.

- Kobe for fun does a long range shot which ESPN picks up on their tour there in practice. For fun in the background and he nails it and everyone has fun and cheers. LeBron sends in a video of him and friend practicing showing he could do it too. Dwight howard shoots underhand from half way in a game (before a game) and the crowd goes nuts. LeBron shows off more video that he can do it too. GET OVER UR SELF LEBRON

** Even this summer, I am sure he is finally more fired up than ever to win something this year. But why is he getting help from Hakeem? I get it i gues you can never have to much practice... but LeBron needs to work on his shooting not his under the basket game.

I hate his arrogance, his immaturity, his knack to always complain when a call doesnt go his way. (In the finals, I couldnt keep count how many times he would hit a guy going up and say he got all ball). I hate his attitude toward the game and I hate his choices and the way he goes about his choices. Not because im a fan of a team who didnt win the Lebron Sweep stakes.

HE LEFT HIS HOME CITY OF FRIENDS FAMILY AND A #1 TEAM... for a team with more $$$$ more fame and more promises. If he did that for his home state, hes going to do it again

Lim
08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
7 footers shouldnt have handles like that. (KD)

coryd238
08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
And Lebron played incredibly weak defense. I'm not taking anything away from KD, cause obviously he's one of the best scorers in the league, but Lebron's defense was pathetic. I'd also like to point out that every superstar scorer can beat their man one on one.

Baller1
08-31-2011, 01:14 PM
And Lebron played incredibly weak defense. I'm not taking anything away from KD, cause obviously he's one of the best scorers in the league, but Lebron's defense was pathetic. I'd also like to point out that every superstar scorer can beat their man one on one.

Who are you trying to kid? Yes you are; every one of your posts that is in reference to Durant is so condescending. You try to deteriorate Durant's skills, talents, humility, etc. any chance you get.

So don't act like "you're not trying to take anything away from him"... You've been trying to do that since Durant surpassed Melo has a player, and that's only become more apparent since OKC mopped Denver up in the playoffs.

Go ahead and hate on KD, but quit trying to act like you're not.

Baller1
08-31-2011, 01:17 PM
I find it funny that everyone tried to downplay Durant's ridiculous performance by claiming he was playing against a bunch of nobodies and he wouldn't have been able to do that had he had better competition. But as soon as he does it against better competition, the "no one played defense on him" excuse miraculously comes into play.

coryd238
08-31-2011, 01:24 PM
I find it funny that everyone tried to downplay Durant's ridiculous performance by claiming he was playing against a bunch of nobodies and he wouldn't have been able to do that had he had better competition. But as soon as he does it against better competition, the "no one played defense on him" excuse miraculously comes into play.

You think they're playing legit tough defense in a charity exhibition game? :facepalm: Okay then

Edit: I just read your last post, and you're honestly one of the biggest homers I've seen. You're trying to up KD's legacy because of Summer exhibition games?

McJoe
08-31-2011, 01:24 PM

That was awesome lol.

I didn't even recognize Melo without his headband :hide:

juno10
08-31-2011, 01:30 PM
I picked up on my mistake this morning, sorry guys. I read this article on several other sites and I was just getting confused on who actually won when I decided to finally talk about it on here. Seeing Durant score 59 made me believe he led his team to a victory but I should have easily saw MELO team defeating Goodman lol.

And actually my reasoning to hate LeBron is so much more reasonable than you being a Knick fan and disliking him.

Aw boo hoo, the guy did not come to New York. For 2 years the media and his agents and himself included all made you believe he was actually coming. Get over it.

I dislike his personality, I dislike his off the court attitude toward the game. The choices you make, define who you are. Well, with the many many choices hes made over the past 2 seasons... I am very upset with who he is. He is suppose to be a role model, and he is not. He is suppose to be a leader and instead is a follower. As a SPORT FAN, I dislike the athlete he is and will become. I dont hate his skill, i hate his personality and traits and his work ethic.

He left Cleveland. His home town, his home state. His family and friends. He says hes a bulls fan growing up, but I also know he is a straight up band wagon follower. His favorite teams growing up were the Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls and New York Yankees. Funy how they are all on differ parts of the map yet they are all superstars in the 90's and above. He says hes a Bulls fan, but he was also a poor kid growing up moving from town to town. When did he get the chance to watch the Bulls or any of these teams? Maybe 3-5x a year? Maybe some playoffs... No hes a straight up front runner, dont let him fool you. He grew up watching the Cavs.

He left the Cavs, a team that was doing well with him. The system was around him. Yet he wanted to go to a team like the Cowboys, Bulls and Yankees. So he left his home for the only team that had 2 other big name all star players. The WORST PART... is that he did not do it quietly either. a 60 minute interview that led to the decision. How much can you be into yourself and the limelight?

Another bad part is what kind of leader leaves his #1 seeded team the year prior, for a team that JUST signed 2 superstars. It wasnt even like he was going immediately, he was waiting for that extra signing of Bosh and then the resigning of Wade for him to make his decision. He is a follower, which is another reason why he left. He loves the attention but he couldnt handle being the go to guy for the Cavs especially in playoff crunch time.

Then to have a ROCK CONCERT to celebrate your new team. There was no mention of the other members of the heat, just the 3 big name guys who entered the stage with flash and fire. What kind of role model is that.

The team starts to go downhill, and everyone lines up next to James to blame the only person they know how to. Anyone but themselves, blaming the Coach. Team starts to get use to each other, starts winning games and now everyone loves the coach.

Where you would hear that Kobe Bryant is preparing heavily mentally and physically for each game and each off-season... Same goes for Dirk, and Kidd and Durant and Griffen. You hear about James and some new antics hes preparing every day.

In Cleveland it seemed he was more into creating a entrance for his team to come out with during a home game rather than preparing for the actual opponent.

His play is impressing too, until you see him in his biggest fears. Stress of getting the ball and letting his teammates do all the dirty work in the 4th qtr of the finals. I dont care what BS you feed me, I watched every game and did research on James the entire series. James was invisible in the final minutes of every game... Not that he couldnt be found, but more like he blended in with the rest of his team. Wade was the only one who stood out every game. When you want to be the best or be considered a king, you better be a stand out most of the time if not every time.

I am glad they lost to Dirk, Dallas deserved it SOOOO much more. Oh and yea... The Guy LeBron was guarding... Jason Terry. Well he was left open because of a miscommunication between James and his teammates. Godo job guys you lost ur self a title...

James and crew laughing at Dirk for being sick... Well good job Dirk to communicating with your team and telling them not to talk about that incident to the media. Jason Terry and Kidd " Sorry I cant talk about it, Dirk said its about him and he will deal with it. We have to focus on the game"

Thats a leader...

Other unimpressed moments from the James era
- I forget the year, dont care too much, but James was impressed one year with the Dunk contest and was asked if he would do it next year. Reports stated he PROMISED he would enter it the following year. Its been 2-3 year since and he hasnt done it. The big time dunker with all this flash refuses to do a dunk contest... one thing to not do it, one thing to promise it. IT WAS WHEN NATE ROBINSON WON HIS FIRST I THINK.

- Kobe for fun does a long range shot which ESPN picks up on their tour there in practice. For fun in the background and he nails it and everyone has fun and cheers. LeBron sends in a video of him and friend practicing showing he could do it too. Dwight howard shoots underhand from half way in a game (before a game) and the crowd goes nuts. LeBron shows off more video that he can do it too. GET OVER UR SELF LEBRON

** Even this summer, I am sure he is finally more fired up than ever to win something this year. But why is he getting help from Hakeem? I get it i gues you can never have to much practice... but LeBron needs to work on his shooting not his under the basket game.

I hate his arrogance, his immaturity, his knack to always complain when a call doesnt go his way. (In the finals, I couldnt keep count how many times he would hit a guy going up and say he got all ball). I hate his attitude toward the game and I hate his choices and the way he goes about his choices. Not because im a fan of a team who didnt win the Lebron Sweep stakes.

HE LEFT HIS HOME CITY OF FRIENDS FAMILY AND A #1 TEAM... for a team with more $$$$ more fame and more promises. If he did that for his home state, hes going to do it again

tl;dr

someone is taking the nba a bit too serious.

NYman15
08-31-2011, 01:31 PM
I saw a few videos. It looked awesome. The crowd was going nuts. Some amazing plays.

LOOTERX9
08-31-2011, 02:13 PM
I seen Durant in NY this summer. He is a dominant force. I'm a melo fan but I think durant is A better Scorer even though melo has more post moves. but I'll see how melo plays this season and maybe melo has a mvp type year for knicks

Baller1
08-31-2011, 02:20 PM
You think they're playing legit tough defense in a charity exhibition game? :facepalm: Okay then

Edit: I just read your last post, and you're honestly one of the biggest homers I've seen. You're trying to up KD's legacy because of Summer exhibition games?

Show me where I attempted in any way to "up his legacy".

THE GIPPER
08-31-2011, 02:27 PM
they were playing against "local ballers". of course they look amazing and put up rediculous stats.

Sactown
08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Durant looks so dumb when he's trying to juke people hahaha

meloman1592
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Who are you trying to kid? Yes you are; every one of your posts that is in reference to Durant is so condescending. You try to deteriorate Durant's skills, talents, humility, etc. any chance you get.

So don't act like "you're not trying to take anything away from him"... You've been trying to do that since Durant surpassed Melo has a player, and that's only become more apparent since OKC mopped Denver up in the playoffs.

Go ahead and hate on KD, but quit trying to act like you're not.

So you're saying that durants better than melo because the thunder beat a melo-less nugget team? Nice job genius

meloman1592
08-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Durant's good....but toooooooo many people are on his DICK!!!! This humble, church boy ******** is an act. Don't let the media brainwash you guys. Derrick Rose is humble and you can hear it in his voice. KD puts on the show because he's seen the backlash that lebron,melo, and Kobe has received for being cocky. Great player..yes but beginning to become oovverrraaaatttteddddddd!!!

justinnum1
08-31-2011, 03:12 PM

60 points on like 50 shot attempts...

coryd238
08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Show me where I attempted in any way to "up his legacy".

You using these games as evidence for saying he's the best scorer in the league. EVERY time I've seen you post it's about Durant or Westbrook. Every. Single. Time.

allSUAVE
08-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Durant do get his D!ck pulled too much on PSD

Da Knicks
08-31-2011, 05:36 PM

Do you know that the knicks and heat have a rivalry? That is why most of us dont like any of the heat players not just Lebron. Sorry for deleting the rest of your novel.:)

Evolution23
08-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Durant is boring to watch... Here's a recap of every Durant move- Shoot, shoot, shoot, weak crossover, shoot! This guy needs to develop a post up game.

Baller1
08-31-2011, 07:21 PM
So you're saying that durants better than melo because the thunder beat a melo-less nugget team? Nice job genius

I was referring to the DENVER fan resenting Durant, dipshit.

Read contextually, it'll help your embarrassing compehension skills.

Baller1
08-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Durant is boring to watch... Here's a recap of every Durant move- Shoot, shoot, shoot, weak crossover, shoot! This guy needs to develop a post up game.

He lead the league in scoring last season; if he developed a post game it would just further prove that he's the most dominant scorer in the game.

Evolution23
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
He lead the league in scoring last season; if he developed a post game it would just further prove that he's the most dominant scorer in the game.

Leading the league in scoring doesn't necessarily make you the best scorer. You need more weapons in the playoffs because when your jumper isn't falling then your whole offense is effed. Thats wht happened to Durant in the ECF.

naps
08-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Durant just kept crossing out LeBron over and over again.. blowing by him... it just looked unfair. Not saying LeBron is bad, as a matter of fact I'm saying LeBron is one of the premier defenders in the league and Durant just made him look silly.

By the way, this game was way better than the Goodman vs Drew IMO.

Yea, because LeBron was playing defense in this career changing game :facepalm:

WTF are people upto seriously? This was a fun game people here are concluding all these BS...smh...

naps
08-31-2011, 08:48 PM
However, I see Durant winning many more scoring titles in next 10 years. He doesn't have to worry about LeBron or Wade because they are completely out of the equation being teammates. We will see BG comes out like a offensive monster (~30 ppg) in future to challenge Durant. I also think Melo is out of the equation as well since he plays with another dominant offensive weapon in Amare. So there's not much competition for Durant as for scoring titles.

ChiSox219
08-31-2011, 08:50 PM

You are probably right but that doesn't make what Bruno87 wrong. He's right, Durant will be one of the best scorers ever, barring injury.

ChiSox219
08-31-2011, 08:51 PM

People who criticize Durant have poor bbiq.

Evolution23
08-31-2011, 08:59 PM
People who criticize Durant have poor bbiq.

great argument!

ChiSox219
08-31-2011, 09:07 PM

great argument!

Well, since all you think Durant does on offense is shoot and weak crossover, either you have a poor bbiq or you just haven't watched him play.

Go look up the league leader in free throws the past two seasons, hint: his initials are "KD".

MiamiWadeCounty
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
You are probably right but that doesn't make what Bruno87 wrong. He's right, Durant will be one of the best scorers ever, barring injury.

Yep. That part was correct. Durant is on his way to becoming one of the best scorers, however Bruno made reference to LBJ and KD not being able to guard each other. This was a pickup, charity game and obviously both sides were not trying on defense.

ChiSox219
08-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Yep. That part was correct. Durant is on his way to becoming one of the best scorers, however Bruno made reference to LBJ and KD not being able to guard each other. This was a pickup, charity game and obviously both sides were not trying on defense.

All true, it'd be sick if instead of pickup games, these guys started playing televised 1-on-1 matches, be fun to watch KD vs Lebron.

NYman15
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Durant is right at the top of the leagues best purest scorers. I have him, Melo, Wade, and Kobe has the purest scorers in the NBA. I don't know how I'd rank them but Durant can become a multiple time scoring champ. I'm glad to see he's working on his ball handling and I would like to see him develop a few post moves. He's a tall guy and he can post up some of the smaller defenders. If he can do that, similar to Melo, he can be virtually unstoppable. Melo can score in a variety of ways with the 3 pointer being his weak point, although once he got to NY his 3 pt. % went up, but Durant just needs to develop a post game and he could virtually unstoppable.

MiamiWadeCounty
08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
All true, it'd be sick if instead of pickup games, these guys started playing televised 1-on-1 matches, be fun to watch KD vs Lebron.

Yeah that would be sick. KD would have his outside game to his advantage, but Lebron would be able to muscle him on offense and defense. Definitely would be a close matchup.

tredigs
08-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Durant is right at the top of the leagues best purest scorers. I have him, Melo, Wade, and Kobe has the purest scorers in the NBA. I don't know how I'd rank them but Durant can become a multiple time scoring champ. I'm glad to see he's working on his ball handling and I would like to see him develop a few post moves. He's a tall guy and he can post up some of the smaller defenders. If he can do that, similar to Melo, he can be virtually unstoppable. Melo can score in a variety of ways with the 3 pointer being his weak point, although once he got to NY his 3 pt. % went up, but Durant just needs to develop a post game and he could virtually unstoppable.

KD is a multiple time scoring champ. I'd say Lebron belongs in that group though, along with Dirk. Arguably top 3 with KD, actually. 'Bron + Dirk are the two best mid-range shooters of the big-time scorers in the league. KD's probably third, but I'd have to check his stats to confirm that one.

Nyc4You
08-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Lmao wtf has this thread turned into. last time i checked it was about the game.. not about Kd.

some of you think Kd is a pure scorer cuz he won some nba scoring titles. So did Tmac.

Nyc4You
08-31-2011, 10:17 PM
KD is a multiple time scoring champ. I'd say Lebron belongs in that group though, along with Dirk. Arguably top 3 with KD, actually. 'Bron + Dirk are the two best mid-range shooters of the big-time scorers in the league. KD's probably third, but I'd have to check his stats to confirm that one.

Wow did u really just post that?

tredigs
08-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow did u really just post that?

Knew someone with low bbiq would post this. Do the research if you don't believe it.

GiantsSwaGG
08-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Derrick Rose

Nyc4You
08-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Knew someone with low bbiq would post this. Do the research if you don't believe it.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/07/top-25-mid-range-shooters/2/

U feel pretty stupid. hows ur bbiq working out?

Ranked 14th doesnt make u a elite mid range shooter:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
08-31-2011, 10:46 PM

NYman15
08-31-2011, 10:54 PM
You're right KD is a multiple time scoring champion but I just meant he could win it like 5 or 6 times in a row and dominate the award for a decade. I'd put Dirk in there but not Lebron. I don' really see Lebron as a pure scorer, he does score a ton but he's more of an all around player that does a little bit of everything.

tredigs
08-31-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/07/top-25-mid-range-shooters/2/

U feel pretty stupid. hows ur bbiq working out?

Ranked 14th doesnt make u a elite mid range shooter:facepalm:

Your "facts" are some dude who writes for SLAM's opinion.

Look harder, my son. The truth is out there, I assure you. And it isn't an opinion.

Here's a hint: http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=LeBron%20James Funny how dudes facts are wrong, at that.

tredigs
08-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Also NyC4You, might want to check a list made within the last year?

Evolution23
08-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, since all you think Durant does on offense is shoot and weak crossover, either you have a poor bbiq or you just haven't watched him play.

Go look up the league leader in free throws the past two seasons, hint: his initials are "KD".

Last time I checked freethrows require a player to shoot. Durant still has a lot of flaws in his game and if you don't see that than you haven't been watching the NBA lately. Let the guy develop before you crown him the "best scorer."

ChiSox219
08-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Last time I checked freethrows require a player to shoot. Durant still has a lot of flaws in his game and if you don't see that than you haven't been watching the NBA lately. Let the guy develop before you crown him the "best scorer."

-Free throws do not require a player to shoot

-Your post was "shoot,shoot, weak crossover, shot"....Durant can get to the basket where he makes 77%+ of his attempts and draws fouls on many of the shots that never are recorded. Getting to the free throw is the #1 requirement of a star player and Durant does it as well as anyone. You failed to mention that.

-As far as I know, no one crowned KD the best scorer, I know I didn't.

-I watched most of the Thunder games and saw them play in person, so take a step back before attacking me and think about how much of KD's game are you actually familiar with

ChiSox219
08-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh, one more thing, Tredigs made this thread his b-tch

coryd238
09-01-2011, 12:47 AM
PSD - Use stats without any logical thinking involved. God this forum get's more ridiculous every day.

Evolution23
09-01-2011, 02:12 AM
-Free throws do not require a player to shoot

-Your post was "shoot,shoot, weak crossover, shot"....Durant can get to the basket where he makes 77%+ of his attempts and draws fouls on many of the shots that never are recorded. Getting to the free throw is the #1 requirement of a star player and Durant does it as well as anyone. You failed to mention that.

-As far as I know, no one crowned KD the best scorer, I know I didn't.

-I watched most of the Thunder games and saw them play in person, so take a step back before attacking me and think about how much of KD's game are you actually familiar with

Getting to the freethrow line is only 1 requirement of a star player not the #1 requirement. That's just your opinion. Making your whole team better as the leader is a much better indicator of a superstar.

Durant has no go to moves except a step back jumper. He needs to work on having 5-6 go to moves so other defenders are always off balance in case his jumper isn't falling. His rebounding and defense need to get signifacantly better. He needs a post game which is non existent at this point in his career. A 6'10 player with no post game shows me he still has a lot of work to do.

No body is attacking you, I'm simply telling you Durant has a lot of holes in his game that need to be fixed. But I'm sure you know that already since you watched him play live.

Baller1
09-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Getting to the freethrow line is only 1 requirement of a star player not the #1 requirement. That's just your opinion. Making your whole team better as the leader is a much better indicator of a superstar.

Durant has no go to moves except a step back jumper. He needs to work on having 5-6 go to moves so other defenders are always off balance in case his jumper isn't falling. His rebounding and defense need to get signifacantly better. He needs a post game which is non existent at this point in his career. A 6'10 player with no post game shows me he still has a lot of work to do.

No body is attacking you, I'm simply telling you Durant has a lot of holes in his game that need to be fixed. But I'm sure you know that already since you watched him play live.

He has no go to moves, and is still unstoppable... So what's your point?

gwrighter
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
adjust for pacing + lack of defence & i'm not surprised at the score & individual point totals. another day at the office for NBA all-stars.

mjm07
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Everyone is humble in their own way I guess then,

cuz idk how humble one is when he says give me the ball (in the playoffs) and well be alright. ** Do not quote me on that, but yes along the lines of I trust my teammates and all but I think its time for them to just give me the ball and rely on me more. Well that turned out to the Heat killing the Bulls in the playoffs.

Durant is underrated in just how well rounded and valuable he is to his teams. Coach K of Team USA said during training camp he would pass to much. That they wanted him to shoot more because hes capable of scoring baskets and wants him to have less assists. Where as Coach K had a hard time making James follow team protocol and also was inches away with kicking him off the roster.

Durant refused to do a sport cover if two of the lesser known players (including Kristic) were to do it with him so that the whole team can get more publicity rather than 1 or 2 guys.

Watch his interviews, read them too. He doesnt believe he is near the best of the players in today when clearly hes up there. Watch his style of play. He doesnt rely on just his shooting but his awareness and where to be even without the ball. He plays a simple game of bball and its quite beautiful.

No one is as humble of a guy, down to earth as a player and as skilled.

"Lebron James-Started in all 10 of the USAís FIBA Americas Championship games. Averaged a team second best 18.1 ppg., 3.6 rpg., a team leading 4.7 apg., a team second best 1.5 spg., averaged a team leading 22.2 minutes a game, while shooting a team second best 76.0 percent (73-96 FGs) from the field, a team second best 62.2 percent (23-37 3pt FGs) from 3-point, and 66.7 percent (12-18 FTs) from the foul line. Ranked third on the team for made 3-pointers. "

For a guy who was almost kicked out of the team for not following protocol, He did pretty good.

Hopefully if he gets his act together they'll allow him to comeback....

"Named a member of the 2010-12 USA Menís National Team on Feb. 10, 2010. "

I spoke too soon. I see you're a huge LBJ fan. ;)