PDA

View Full Version : Wade says Heat set a trend w/ all star teaming

3ballbomber
08-29-2011, 05:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/6895873/dwyane-wade-miami-heat-set-trend-teaming-all-stars

"I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, but more guys are going to look to team up and do things like that."

First off it will only be a trend if other players follow & as hated as Miami are i'd be surprised if other stars in their primes follow in Lebrons foot steps joining & forming all-star teams. Also, and i'm sure many here can agree, this reiterates further how absolutely soft this league has become - So if there's any trend here it's the Big 3 following this new era softness....wackness or how ever you wish to call it.

I also want to address how Wade, whom seems to be often in tune w/ certain things good or bad states he cannot "pinpoint" why everybody hates Miami........i think he's playing naive, he knows damn well why.

What ya'll thinking???

Yanks All Day
08-29-2011, 05:59 AM
He's probably right. Good players are going to team up with other good players and increase their chances of winning a championship. I didn't think it was a bad idea when the Heat did it, and wont think it's a bad idea when the next duo/trio comes together. The only gripe I had with LeBron is how it was done, not the actual teaming up itself. No need for a televised decision. Other than that, they probably did start a trend and it's not a bad idea at all from a player's perspective. It's all about winning rings. As fans, its easy to complain about players switching teams, but it is their job to win championships. Why not go somewhere that increases your chances?

ArtVandelay
08-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Lebron said himself right after the heat won the 2nd round that they all teamed up to beat the celtics because the celtics started the trend. guess him n wade have a difference of opinion

Mishmin
08-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Lebron said himself right after the heat won the 2nd round that they all teamed up to beat the celtics because the celtics started the trend. guess him n wade have a difference of opinion

+1

Obviously the celtics set the trend. Came together and won a ring immediately.

CavsYanksDuke
08-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Yeah, the Celts were the first three older all-star guys to come together and they set the archetype. But this new idea of young superstars in their prime grouping up is all on the Heat. The Knicks and Nets are trying hard to duplicate the Heat.

Hugbees
08-29-2011, 07:09 AM
that all but guarantees some big stars in new york in the next free agency. he probably has some inside scoop on paul or howard

Bulls_fan90
08-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Umm Boston? And they also won the title in their first year.

LakersIn5
08-29-2011, 07:32 AM
its a wise idea. teaming up to create a superteam boosts your chances of winning a ring.

Wilson
08-29-2011, 07:33 AM
You cannot compare the Celtics to the Heat. The Celtics were different because their games actually complemented each other's, there was a clear pecking order (it was KG's team when he got there).

To top it off, the three Celtics didn't sit around playing with the media, they weren't already best friends and they weren't letting their current teams dangle at the end of their contracts, pressuring the team into bad moves. Ray Allen was traded to Boston on draft day, he had nothing to do with it. Garnett had stayed loyal to his team for years and then finally they traded him so they could rebuild. He didn't force his way out.

The Heat seem desperate to place themselves with the best of the NBA (they've already compared themselves to Jordan's Bulls) but they're trying to do it all in the media and none of it on the court. If they'd just worked harder over the past few years and not messed around with the media so much, they would be looked on much differently today.

JSpurs
08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
:cool:First of all..it will become somewhat of a trend, but, as for a bringing a championship, not guaranteed. A critical ingredient for a championship is "chemistry", and players that "complement" each other. Wade and LeQueen don't really complement each other and Bosh was overrated, afterall he played in Toronto and he was the only real talent, plus LeQueen and Wade both need the ball the majority of the game to be successful. I'm not a Celtics fan, but, when they did it, the big three complemented each other and add-in Rajon Rondo and there you go. "Chris Paul, D' Howard and Durant" some bench..here come the championships, etc. Hope it doesn't go trendy..it will ruin the NBA.
Or better yet, lets hope for a "No Season" in 2012, it will give the players / owners a chance to realize what is important and what made the league...the Fans!

Chronz
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Lol no season is what you think the fans want?

And you guys are wrong about KG, he most definitely forced his way to Boston

stawka
08-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Players have been taking paycuts and going to greater teams or creating greater teams for years to up their chances of winning. Malone/Payton did it on the Lakers, KG/Ray Allen did it on the Celtics, didn't Clyde do it in Houston? It's obvious it was gonna happen sooner or later, but being LeBron, it's caused an uproar across the globe and it's the cool thing to hate LeBron and Miami.

It wasn't the first time in the NBA that players formed on another team, and it won't be the last.

nickdymez
08-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah, the Celts were the first three older all-star guys to come together and they set the archetype. But this new idea of young superstars in their prime grouping up is all on the Heat. The Knicks and Nets are trying hard to duplicate the Heat.

Key word

nickdymez
08-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Players have been taking paycuts and going to greater teams or creating greater teams for years to up their chances of winning. Malone/Payton did it on the Lakers, KG/Ray Allen did it on the Celtics, didn't Clyde do it in Houston? It's obvious it was gonna happen sooner or later, but being LeBron, it's caused an uproar across the globe and it's the cool thing to hate LeBron and Miami.

It wasn't the first time in the NBA that players formed on another team, and it won't be the last.

All the players you named were pretty much in the last couple seasons of their carers, except the celtics squad.

stawka
08-29-2011, 10:03 AM
All the players you named were pretty much in the last couple seasons of their carers, except the celtics squad.

I was gonna mention in my first sentence but it got too long... Something along the lines of "albeit they joined in the later stages of their careers", but either way, loyalty went out the door as they teamed up at a greater chance of winning a title.

gwrighter
08-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Boston unintentionally set the trend, stars in the east have no choice but to team up in order to beat the Heat. 3/5 players on the court are all-stars, & its a bad thing, its essentially a telent drain on the rest of the league. its a polarization of teams, if the trend continues we're going to have a handful of stacked teams & a handful of awful awful teams.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
You cannot compare the Celtics to the Heat. The Celtics were different because their games actually complemented each other's, there was a clear pecking order (it was KG's team when he got there).

To top it off, the three Celtics didn't sit around playing with the media, they weren't already best friends and they weren't letting their current teams dangle at the end of their contracts, pressuring the team into bad moves. Ray Allen was traded to Boston on draft day, he had nothing to do with it. Garnett had stayed loyal to his team for years and then finally they traded him so they could rebuild. He didn't force his way out.

The Heat seem desperate to place themselves with the best of the NBA (they've already compared themselves to Jordan's Bulls) but they're trying to do it all in the media and none of it on the court. If they'd just worked harder over the past few years and not messed around with the media so much, they would be looked on much differently today.

Good post.

Avenged
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Many other teams before the Heat have done the same. Shouldn't take credit for something they didn't start.

J DIZZ
08-29-2011, 11:04 AM
It all boils down to selfishness. Forget the city, the fans, commitment, personal growth, sportsmanship and teamwork. It's all about ones personal legacy these days. I'm sure MJ would've loved to have won 6 titles in the first 6 years of his career but he played and was loyal to the team he was with. I'm not saying you shouldn't position yourself to win, what am I am asking is where does the "Love of the Game" fit in. Is anyone out their mature enough to lose and get better from it? Dirk got his A#$ kicked for 40 years with the Mavs but he stayed with it and won a ring. That speaks much louder than 3 allstars planning a gangbang with the championship trophy in the middle. Long live Dirk!

nickdymez
08-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Many other teams before the Heat have done the same. Shouldn't take credit for something they didn't start.

Its about the players. I dont think ive ever seen 3 players in their prime, call each other and decide to team up to beat another team.

SteBO
08-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Its about the players. I dont think ive ever seen 3 players in their prime, call each other and decide to team up to beat another team.
I agree with you, but isn't the end result the same? Stars (prime or not) teaming together to win championships, which is a players' ultimate goal?

Sadds The Gr8
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM

agreed. i hate those idiots

SteBO
08-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Boston unintentionally set the trend, stars in the east have no choice but to team up in order to beat the Heat. 3/5 players on the court are all-stars, & its a bad thing, its essentially a telent drain on the rest of the league. its a polarization of teams, if the trend continues we're going to have a handful of stacked teams & a handful of awful awful teams.
How often was this said in 80's when the Lakers and Celtics were hogging championships?

NYman15
08-29-2011, 11:34 AM
I believe him. And I think its true. Now Boston really started the teaming up in this era. You have Boston, then Miami, now NY has 2 stars looking to get a 3rd in the 2012 summer, I wouldn't be surprised if Deron Williams team up somewhere with Dwight Howard whether NJ or the Clipps. Its the way the NBA is going and it works. Boston won a championship with their big 3, Miami almost one in their 1st year. And I'm sure they talk about it and plan it. I'm sure Miami did and Chris Paul openly stated his plan at Melo's wedding and even though it was taken as a joke, 2 of the 3 players of his plan are already there. This is where the NBA is headed. And don't forget the CAA agency plays apart in this. They are practically running the NBA. They brought Lebron, Wade, and Bosh together, all of them are CAA clients, and brought Melo to NY and are gonna try to bring Cp3 to NY, both of them are clients as well.

nickdymez
08-29-2011, 12:10 PM
I agree with you, but isn't the end result the same? Stars (prime or not) teaming together to win championships, which is a players' ultimate goal?

Yea, but Boston was more of a danny ainge thing than anything else. Ray came via a draft day trade and KG decided to go there over LA. Whereas like i said, Them guys had a preconceived notion they were gonna team up after the Olympics...

RZZZA
08-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I reject the notion that teams NEED to have 3 stars in order to compete now. The Bulls this year proved you can do it with 1 star, and good complementary pieces around him, with a good coach and a good FO.

Now, the Bulls team was not ideally constructed mostly because not even the FO pictured them being this good this fast, but the foundation of the idea is there. The team is just not finished yet in order to be true championship material. (need another scorer, a few more ballhandlers/playmakers).

ArtVandelay
08-29-2011, 12:41 PM
It's got nothing to do with how either team was formed(front office trades/ free agents that are best friends) it's the formula. The heat made 3 all stars as the core of their team specifically so they could beat the celtics who used the same 3 player formula(sg/sf/pf). The celts only really held on to their young pg/c (rondo/perkins) and the heat did the same with chalmers/anthony. Then once they had that core assembled it created a championship atmosphere that could attract ring chasing free agent role players. (house/posey, house/miller). Plus lebron said they teamed up to beat the celtics right after they won round 2. Celtics started the trend. Period.

ArtVandelay
08-29-2011, 12:48 PM
The celts dumped 7 players in a trade for kg so they could afford him an kg was the key to the whole team defense idea. The heat cut or traded pretty much the same amount of players so they could afford lebron who was the key to their team defense. Once both teams cleared the cap to sign 3 pretty much max contract players it made it easier for them to attract the best free agents for cheap because the championship opportunity was much greater therethan anywhere else even tho it meant taking less money. Period the second.

mjm07
08-29-2011, 12:54 PM
It's got nothing to do with how either team was formed(front office trades/ free agents that are best friends) it's the formula. The heat made 3 all stars as the core of their team specifically so they could beat the celtics who used the same 3 player formula(sg/sf/pf). The celts only really held on to their young pg/c (rondo/perkins) and the heat did the same with chalmers/anthony. Then once they had that core assembled it created a championship atmosphere that could attract ring chasing free agent role players. (house/posey, house/miller). Plus lebron said they teamed up to beat the celtics right after they won round 2. Celtics started the trend. Period.

This. Love reading the hate/jealousy on the Heat.

nickdymez
08-29-2011, 01:06 PM

Yea but the point your missing is that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh already had it in their heads they were gonna team up. KG, Pierce, and Allen didnt. It just worked out that way.. Another difference is that they said they wanted to win a championship, not just beat another team in their conference...

gwrighter
08-29-2011, 01:09 PM
How often was this said in 80's when the Lakers and Celtics were hogging championships?

not sure, wasn't alive then :shrug:

But the league has grown substantially since then to a point where it is no longer sustainable for a few teams to horde talent. Venues have grown, costs have gone up associated with owning a franchise & so forth.

People would rather stay home & watch the Heat take on whomever than go out to see their local team play. People go to games to see stars. You have a concentrated amount of stars on individual teams. when those teams come to play in most markets they'l sell out the venue. but for every other team they will be half full.

If the Stars were distributed evenly, in theory the stadiums would be full more of the time because people will want to see LBJ, then Wade, then Kobe, then Dwight, then melo, etc. right now they think, "nice i can kill 3 birds with 1 stone watching the heat." They then save on 1 or 2 potential games they would have wanted to see if Bosh, LBJ, & Wade were on separate teams.

It also helps for selling season tickets, More stars on different teams secures more season tickets in each individual market which is essentially what makes the cake. I personally think that the best # of all-stars on a team is 2. it allows for the majority of players on the court to be role players, instead of all-stars being the majority of players on the court @ 3/5.

IMO right now Bosh's talent is being wasted. He is producing less than he potentially could on a team with only 1 other star player. this loss of efficiency is detrimental to the league as a whole in todays day & age.

mdm692
08-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Cp3+amare+Melo. . .its over until amares knees give out again

SteBO
08-29-2011, 01:24 PM
not sure, wasn't alive then :shrug:

But the league has grown substantially since then to a point where it is no longer sustainable for a few teams to horde talent. Venues have grown, costs have gone up associated with owning a franchise & so forth.

People would rather stay home & watch the Heat take on whomever than go out to see their local team play. People go to games to see stars. You have a concentrated amount of stars on individual teams. when those teams come to play in most markets they'l sell out the venue. but for every other team they will be half full.

If the Stars were distributed evenly, in theory the stadiums would be full more of the time because people will want to see LBJ, then Wade, then Kobe, then Dwight, then melo, etc. right now they think, "nice i can kill 3 birds with 1 stone watching the heat." They then save on 1 or 2 potential games they would have wanted to see if Bosh, LBJ, & Wade were on separate teams.

It also helps for selling season tickets, More stars on different teams secures more season tickets in each individual market which is essentially what makes the cake. I personally think that the best # of all-stars on a team is 2. it allows for the majority of players on the court to be role players, instead of all-stars being the majority of players on the court @ 3/5.

IMO right now Bosh's talent is being wasted. He is producing less than he potentially could on a team with only 1 other star player. this loss of efficiency is detrimental to the league as a whole in todays day & age.
There's nothing in this post that isn't true to an extent, but I posed the question because you say that if the trend continues, it would be bad for the NBA. Weren't the 80s with BOS and LAL called the Golden Years of the NBA? On top of that the NBA has/had momentum after last year after everything that's happened. Whether this trend continuing means the end of the small markets, that's on their GM's and front offices. OKC, San Antonio, and now Memphis are teams that made smart business decisions whether it be trades, drafting, or free agency. No excuses in my book.

gwrighter
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
There's nothing in this post that isn't true to an extent, but I posed the question because you say that if the trend continues, it would be bad for the NBA. Weren't the 80s with BOS and LAL called the Golden Years of the NBA? On top of that the NBA has/had momentum after last year after everything that's happened. Whether this trend continuing means the end of the small markets, that's on their GM's and front offices. OKC, San Antonio, and now Memphis are teams that made smart business decisions whether it be trades, drafting, or free agency. No excuses in my book.

Before i get to answering the rest of your post i just want to know...In your opinion how come the 80's were called the golden years by the general population?

WeBallin
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
The C's Came into there three HUMBLE, Knowin that with that talent together a Ship was clearly a viable option, thats when the HARD WORK started.. I Respect the C's, MIA did that jus to show that they could so to speak.. Thats Why Dallas handled them.

SteBO
08-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Before i get to answering the rest of your post i just want to know...In your opinion how come the 80's were called the golden years by the general population?
I know where you're going with this and I'll answer you honestly. I think it's because of teams like the "Showtime" Lakers and the Celtics. Where would this league be without those teams? They had a lasting effect on the NBA for a very long time until MJ came into the league of course. Those teams were stacked with great players and were very entertaining to watch, hence I believe that decade was called the Golden Years. It was the start of something great.

ArtVandelay
08-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Yea but the point your missing is that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh already had it in their heads they were gonna team up. KG, Pierce, and Allen didnt. It just worked out that way.. Another difference is that they said they wanted to win a championship, not just beat another team in their conference...

The title of the post says wade thinks the heat started the all star teaming trend. They didn't. They probably did have it in their heads previously but no1 admitted to it. And wth do u mean it just worked out that way? Boston planned it...it didnt happen by chance.

Big Zo
08-29-2011, 02:00 PM

Hasn't that always been the case anyway? Since 1980 there's been like 6 or 7 different teams that won a championship.

ArtVandelay
08-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Wade said theHEAT started the trend. Not the HEAT BIG 3

WeBallin
08-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Hasn't that always been the case anyway? Since 1980 there's been like 6 or 7 different teams that won a championship.

Isn't All sport teams like that, Only a Handful of teams are mentioned in winnin it all

gwrighter
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM

I know where you're going with this and I'll answer you honestly. I think it's because of teams like the "Showtime" Lakers and the Celtics. Where would this league be without those teams? They had a lasting effect on the NBA for a very long time until MJ came into the league of course. Those teams were stacked with great players and were very entertaining to watch, hence I believe that decade was called the Golden Years. It was the start of something great.

Everybody loves winners. I guess in terms of the NBA gaining popularity superteams are a good thing. it gets the attention of casual to non-casual fans. It gains media attention, essentially something mutual to talk about with your work buddies.

But from a team specific profitability standpoint, the league has grown too wide to support superteams of this caliber under the current cap structure. The cost of winning a championship is so high right now that in order to compete you have to spend your children's inheritance. & if you don't spend, well then your stadium empties & you can potentially lose money anyways. Allowing teams the MLE & bird rights is a part of this.

In order for this trend to continue, & superteams to stay afloat, the average player salary must drop. so in a sense, the NBA needs to instantaneously slash salaries immediately & decrease the size of the pot that goes to the players. & if the players don't want that, then they need to split up & play on different teams so that more teams can become profitable, or at least break even so they can maintain their above average salary structure relative to the NFL, NHL & MLB.

But, If the NBA decides to implement an ultra capitalist view & let the small market teams fail then we will have a surge in talent. more talent on more teams could work in the short run. As better players will be available to bad teams with money to spend under the cap. But eventually the talent required to win a championship will adjust upwards as star players flock from bad teams to stacked teams & we'l all be talking about a Big 4 instead of 3.

Right now the Raptors are at the same place that OKC & Memphis were earlier (not sure about SA). We are essentially tanking in order to gain enough talent through the draft so we can compete. The problem with that is that its a gamble. It's hard to sell that to your fan base by saying "hey look guys, we need to suck so we can match the talent of the Heat or else we aren't going anywhere." Your fans might just abandon the team & that could lead to losses.

Also the amount of time it takes for player turnover, eg. the length of contracts plays into that. The shorter maximum contract length, the more efficient the league will become as players will earn more or less what their worth. no more Arenas's, Curry's, Jose Calderon's etc. This allows GM's to make mistakes & not pay dearly for it over a long period of time. EG more "contract years", players will play harder for that next contract, even if they just want to re-up with their current team.

the reality of the situation is that good players want to go to the large market/attractive/warm/historically winning teams, & giving those teams a way to sign them by allowing Bird rights & MLE is putting non-attractive teams at a disadvantage. Toronto is lucky by being in a Large market, so we can afford to tank more-so then Minnesota for example.

i was kinda all over the place on my response but i hope you get the gist of why the trend is bad based on the current structure. This is all in my opinion of course.

gwrighter
08-29-2011, 02:49 PM

it has, but the league has grown since then & is no longer profitable under the inflated salary structure mixed with the cap rules that we have today. see my response to Stebo.

Bruno
08-29-2011, 02:52 PM
This headline implies that Wade finds his Heat to be the first team to do this, although I didn't pick up that implication when reading his quotes. There is no denying that Boston opened pandoras box in 2008 and that every big move since his been a reaction to the big three of KG-Pierce-Allen coming together.

If it weren't for knee injuries to KG and Perkins the C's could have won three straight titles from 2008-2010. That team was the best team the league had seen in years, and every major roster move by contenders since then has been in the attempt to pass Boston and LA (who were the first team to reload in the attempt to match Boston).

The league when through a period of talent consolidation from 2008-2011. Things have gotten very chippy, and more competitive since 2008, IMO.

iam brett favre
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Wow. The Heat are revolutionary! They tried to improve via free agency? More teams should look into that

SteBO
08-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Everybody loves winners. I guess in terms of the NBA gaining popularity superteams are a good thing. it gets the attention of casual to non-casual fans. It gains media attention, essentially something mutual to talk about with your work buddies.

But from a team specific profitability standpoint, the league has grown too wide to support superteams of this caliber under the current cap structure. The cost of winning a championship is so high right now that in order to compete you have to spend your children's inheritance. & if you don't spend, well then your stadium empties & you can potentially lose money anyways. Allowing teams the MLE & bird rights is a part of this.

In order for this trend to continue, & superteams to stay afloat, the average player salary must drop. so in a sense, the NBA needs to instantaneously slash salaries immediately & decrease the size of the pot that goes to the players. & if the players don't want that, then they need to split up & play on different teams so that more teams can become profitable, or at least break even so they can maintain their above average salary structure relative to the NFL, NHL & MLB.

But, If the NBA decides to implement an ultra capitalist view & let the small market teams fail then we will have a surge in talent. more talent on more teams could work in the short run. As better players will be available to bad teams with money to spend under the cap. But eventually the talent required to win a championship will adjust upwards as star players flock from bad teams to stacked teams & we'l all be talking about a Big 4 instead of 3.

Right now the Raptors are at the same place that OKC & Memphis were earlier (not sure about SA). We are essentially tanking in order to gain enough talent through the draft so we can compete. The problem with that is that its a gamble. It's hard to sell that to your fan base by saying "hey look guys, we need to suck so we can match the talent of the Heat or else we aren't going anywhere." Your fans might just abandon the team & that could lead to losses.

Also the amount of time it takes for player turnover, eg. the length of contracts plays into that. The shorter maximum contract length, the more efficient the league will become as players will earn more or less what their worth. no more Arenas's, Curry's, Jose Calderon's etc. This allows GM's to make mistakes & not pay dearly for it over a long period of time. EG more "contract years", players will play harder for that next contract, even if they just want to re-up with their current team.

the reality of the situation is that good players want to go to the large market/attractive/warm/historically winning teams, & giving those teams a way to sign them by allowing Bird rights & MLE is putting non-attractive teams at a disadvantage. Toronto is lucky by being in a Large market, so we can afford to tank more-so then Minnesota for example.

i was kinda all over the place on my response but i hope you get the gist of why the trend is bad based on the current structure. This is all in my opinion of course.
Very well thought out post here. I can agree with this.

astrosmaniac
08-29-2011, 03:00 PM

And we've had only, what, 8 different champions since the late 80s? Lakers, celtics, bulls, rockets, spurs, pistons, mavs, heat. No other sport has had such lack of parity as the NBA

naps
08-29-2011, 03:10 PM

They have or commentators/analysts? I want to see a link where Heat members compared themselves to the Bulls because I sure did miss it.

Skippy15
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I think teams will look at what the Mavs did and say "a team beats 3"

Avenged
08-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I reject the notion that teams NEED to have 3 stars in order to compete now. The Bulls this year proved you can do it with 1 star, and good complementary pieces around him, with a good coach and a good FO.

Now, the Bulls team was not ideally constructed mostly because not even the FO pictured them being this good this fast, but the foundation of the idea is there. The team is just not finished yet in order to be true championship material. (need another scorer, a few more ballhandlers/playmakers).

I'm sorry man, I like the Bulls and Rose but I don't see how they proved they can do it with just 1 star. They had a great regular season run and favorable match-ups in the playoffs. This is not to say the Bulls didn't handle their business because they did.. 1st seed out East with an MVP and a great defensive team.. But I think the example you provided fits the Dallas Mavericks more.

I do agree with your second paragraph though.

THE MTL
08-29-2011, 04:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/6895873/dwyane-wade-miami-heat-set-trend-teaming-all-stars

First off it will only be a trend if other players follow & as hated as Miami are i'd be surprised if other stars in their primes follow in Lebrons foot steps joining & forming all-star teams. Also, and i'm sure many here can agree, this reiterates further how absolutely soft this league has become - So if there's any trend here it's the Big 3 following this new era softness....wackness or how ever you wish to call it.

I also want to address how Wade, whom seems to be often in tune w/ certain things good or bad states he cannot "pinpoint" why everybody hates Miami........i think he's playing naive, he knows damn well why.

What ya'll thinking???

Look im assuming that u grew up in the 90s/early 00s when there was about one star (no more than 2) per team. But you have to go back to the 80s and 70s. THOSE TEAMS WERE STACKED! Multiple Hall of famers (which are beyond simple stars) on the same team.

Magic Johnson played with James Worthy and Kareem.
Larry Bird played with McHale and Parish.
Julius Erving played with Darryl Dawkins and Mose Malone.

Anyway, DWade is right and the new NBA trend is for good players to team up with good players. My Knicks are doing it. The Nets are trying to do it. Celtics already done it. And Orlando needs to do it before Dwight leaves.

SteBO
08-29-2011, 04:46 PM
And we've had only, what, 8 different champions since the late 80s? Lakers, celtics, bulls, rockets, spurs, pistons, mavs, heat. No other sport has had such lack of parity as the NBA
Agreed. I just find it hilarious how now it's become an issue, when no such complaints were often voiced back in the 80s and even the 90s. It's absurd and unfair.

Randy West
08-29-2011, 04:58 PM
It wasn't the recent Celts it was the old school Celts

Bird, McHale, Parrish........that was back in the day

Tom Stone
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
I once remember Wade saying that he wanted to play a super Hero in a movie......The way he's going, he could only get the villian role...........The main thing that bugs me is during all of this ....The Miami Heat Big three has not come out and said....we messed up we should have not done what we did....it set a bad example for youth, trying to take the easy road and is part of the reason we are in a Lock out.

jiggin
08-29-2011, 05:46 PM
uhh...you would only believe this if you truly believe the world revolves around Miami and right now.

Looking back at the NBA, they are not the first team to do this and they won't be the last.

MIAMI, D. Wade and Lebron....STOP MAKING EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU. This **** was done before and done BETTER...

PS - when your really good at something, you don't have to keep reminding people, you let your actions (play) speak for you. Miami...shut up, you have not won anything to brag about to this point. Till you do, please do not speak regarding your "greatness"...as it only makes you look like egocentric fools to the rest of the world outside of florida.

when will they learn...when will they get the basics of marketing themselves?

at some point, you just have to say its stupidity...

joeboow90
08-29-2011, 06:04 PM
:facepalm:

dam the Heat really think they invented the game dont they? they were the first team to team superstars together?..really?:facepalm:

Bos_Sports4Life
08-29-2011, 07:30 PM
They have or commentators/analysts? I want to see a link where Heat members compared themselves to the Bulls because I sure did miss it.

Lebron insinuated They were going too go on a run simmilar too the 60's celtics when lebron said "not 1..not 2...not 3..not 4, not 5..not 6..not 7...

BEFORE WINNING A DAMN THING....

The heat were having parties/celebraitions...b4 the opening day tip off..

What other organization would do this??

TheChamp
08-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Lebron insinuated They were going too go on a run simmilar too the 60's celtics when lebron said "not 1..not 2...not 3..not 4, not 5..not 6..not 7...

You still take that seriously? He was hyped up from the moment and was being a cocky. But come on, with the two best players in the league on your team you're gonna believe that sorta thing and really should. He chose to set the bar high for himself and his team like so many already had. I still wouldn't be surprised if he was kidding around the whole time as Wade, Bosh, and the crowd were laughing hysterically.

naps
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM

Next time when you quote someone remember to stay on topic.

ghettosean
08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
This shows more immaturity with the heat (excluding Bosh)... I hate this because I had such respect for Wade but I'm sure these 3 didn't start thinking after KG, Peirce and Ray Allen (all of them allstars) joined together and won an immediate championship. Isn't it possible that year or thereafter Bosh, Lebron and Wade were like hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe we can do that... Wade guy I used to have so much respect for you in 2006 and it ended in the summer of 2010 and opinions have gotten worse since then.

Now I find Wade to be a media whore who just needs to be in the spotlight.

LakersMaster24
08-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Kareem Magic Worthy

Baylor Chamberlain West

Bird McHale Parish

Just to name a few...

sventhedog
08-29-2011, 10:01 PM
celtics?

Evolution23
08-30-2011, 12:42 AM
If CP3 comes to the Knicks and Howard goes to the Lakers the prophecy will come true.

hugepatsfan
08-30-2011, 01:14 AM

Meh. He actually forced himself away from BOS, which is what made the BOS Big 3. Had he agreed to sign an extension when the teams first reached an agreement, there would have been no Ray Allen. The #5 pick that year was supposed to go to MIN, but KG faught it so Danny made other moves. This made time drag on so no one else was still in on KG so BOS got him for a discount. KG screwed MIN over by not accepting the original deal, accidently making the BOS Big 3 possible in the process.

Cosmic_Canon
08-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Lots of saltiness in this thread :laugh2:
Especially OP, you mad that Bron and Bosh f'ed yo team, yes bromo? :laugh2:

PrettyBoyJ
08-30-2011, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't say the Celtics started the trend more like re-establish something that was used before.. KG and Allen played no part in forcing their way to Boston.. Ray Allen was traded on draft day for Jeff Green I believe.. KG was shipped out for like 7 players with the main prize being Al Jefferson from the Celtics.. They didn't call each other or plan it out.. Danny Ainge just pulled the impossible and delivered a promise to Paul Pierce for being loyal..

The Heat's big 3 decision was decided probably during the olympics who knows.. These guys prob had conference calls, D. Wade prob. Pitch the idea to Pat Riley of course he agreed and Lebron faked his infamous elbow injury quit on the Cavs then spat on their face with the decision then they came together.. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the scenario..

Was a trend set? yes most def. the Knicks started to gear up, NJ trying to persuade D. Howard to come over.. All this was a domino effect from the Decision and the whole Big 3 in Miami and I believe more and more teams will begin to try and form their own big 3 to compete with these super teams.. Does this help the NBA, probably not.. Well maybe 8 teams will bring in a lot of revenue but the 22 other teams will lose money.. Sounds familiar..? That's what's going on now.. Teams are losing money because of the big disparity between conferences and from seed 1-4 in the East.. Superstars leaving their teams are only going to make situations worse.. And players wanna know why the owners are low balling them and proposing a deal that is unfair? Cuz they know they wont be able to compete and they're gonna lose a ton of money.. As much as fans hate the Heat they went to the Finals their first year and their real competition in the East was the Celtics and they dismantled them like they where nothing.. And as much a lot of ppl wanna avoid the inevitable Miami is going to win a championship.. Kinda like when the Celtics won 8 in a row everyone knew they were going to win every year who was going to stop them? I'm not gonna say the same could be said for the Heat but they built that team to be viewed like that.. So as much publicity these super teams are going to get that means less publicity for the other teams.. No national TV games, Low attendance, cutting tix prices, all while paying the players millions -_- The NBA maybe on the rise but the Brand as a whole will be damaged.

RZZZA
08-30-2011, 02:38 AM
If CP3 comes to the Knicks and Howard goes to the Lakers the prophecy will come true.

Dwight to the Lakers? Never gonna happen

sventhedog
08-30-2011, 03:49 AM
sventhedog says he invented facebook.

HiphopRelated
08-30-2011, 09:12 AM
I once remember Wade saying that he wanted to play a super Hero in a movie......The way he's going, he could only get the villian role...........The main thing that bugs me is during all of this ....The Miami Heat Big three has not come out and said....we messed up we should have not done what we did....it set a bad example for youth, trying to take the easy road and is part of the reason we are in a Lock out.
really, that's why we're having a lockout?

Heat's payroll is middle of the pack, Mavs is kissing a hundred mil

Geargo Wallace
08-30-2011, 10:20 AM
I think the Heat have taken much of the heat from this all star teaming thing off of teams that will do it in the future.

avon_barksdale
08-30-2011, 10:39 AM

nah my man u got it twisted. kg wanted to go to la or the suns. he actually said publicly he aint goin to boston but then they got ray ray and it changed his mind

nickdymez
08-30-2011, 10:43 AM
nah my man u got it twisted. kg wanted to go to la or the suns. he actually said publicly he aint goin to boston but then they got ray ray and it changed his mind

exactly... He was almost in LA... They were reporting it was 85% chance.. Imagine my heartache when he went to boston. lol

DodgerBlue22
08-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok I know everyone hates the Celtics, but please do not compare what the Heat did to what the Celtics did!! Pierce Allen and KG were all 30+ years old on bad teams and I think a total of 3 draft picks and 8 players were given up to get those 2 guys. They didn't huddle up together 3 years prior and make some plan of attack to all join forces. They all 3 tried like competitors to do it on their own, but they didn't give up at 25 they gave up at 30+ when they were on the downside of their careers not their primes. In fact KG originally refused a trade to Boston. I wish they would of come together at 25 and 26 years old we'd have about 6 titles in Boston right now. Also Lebron left a team that was best in the NBA record wise the original big 3 left played on teams with the 3 worst records in the league. The two circumstances aren't even comparable.

Wilson
08-30-2011, 11:05 AM

The difference was that those teams acquired talent through smart trades which lead to high draft picks. Those players didn't mess around with the media for a year and then all sign for the same team, they got there by chance. What the Heat have done is completely different from those stacked teams in the 80s.

I can't remember exactly what Wade said, but the point of it was that him, LeBron and Bosh joining forces was no different to the Bulls. That, obviously, is ******** since the Bulls didn't force their way onto the same team. Jordan and Pippen were acquired completely on managements behalf.

With the Bulls there was a clear pecking order too, unlike the Heat who thought they could just band together and take the easy road to some rings.

Chronz
08-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Meh. He actually forced himself away from BOS, which is what made the BOS Big 3. Had he agreed to sign an extension when the teams first reached an agreement, there would have been no Ray Allen. The #5 pick that year was supposed to go to MIN, but KG faught it so Danny made other moves. This made time drag on so no one else was still in on KG so BOS got him for a discount. KG screwed MIN over by not accepting the original deal, accidently making the BOS Big 3 possible in the process.

Yes I know all this, you guys just proved my point, the man was basically acting as a FA while under contract. Thats forcing your way somewhere, Boston wasnt good enough when it was just Pierce, but once they got Ray Ray it was a done deal.

29$JerZ
08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Agreed. I just find it hilarious how now it's become an issue, when no such complaints were often voiced back in the 80s and even the 90s. It's absurd and unfair.

I think its largely due to the fact you have the small market teams showing no signs of becoming a title contender any time soon and would rather just save money or just make a playoff appearance to be a 1st round knockout and say "we got to the playoffs, that's all we need" So the same 4-6 teams you can always predict to be in the title game unlike the other sports.

It also is now becoming a problem when you have the Lakers getting Pau at the time for cheap, Boston going from scrubs to champions in 1 year and Miami/NY forming super teams. Just the trend out now.

wjmoffatt
08-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Who the HELL do these guys think they are?!?!?

I guess the Celtics having Garnett, Pierce, and Allen wasn't all stars teaming up. Nor was Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone. Or Barkley, Hakeem, and Clyde. How about Kareem, Magic, and Worthy. Well maybe Jordan, Pippen, and/or Rodman/Grant. Hell the Knicks cause said something about joining up together way before THE DECISION. CP3 and Melo made a toast at Melos wedding before FA, saying here's to the Knicks.

But i guess the big headed ness of the Miami Heat never will shrink, even when they lose to an inferior talented team in the Finals, and have no rings together. They set trends though. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM

eh, KG never went public at all. I think at that point, he knew the Wolves were looking to deal him, and may have possibly given them a couple of teams. But I never heard a whisper from him stating he wanted to be traded. What went on behind the scenes only he and others involved know. You were most likely not one of them.

C_Mund
08-30-2011, 01:21 PM

Um, I guess the end result is the same... kind of like steriods in baseball to reach crazy milestones. No GM in the world would have saved the cap-room necessary for this unless he knew with certainty WELL before the season started that he would have signed all three players.
Collusion is illegal, and I have a feeling that unless Stern seriously wants to push the league towards contraction there will be something in the new CBA that disallows this from happeneing so easily and openly in the future. Sure, this was one of the most talked about seasons in recent memory but fans like myself see that as a one-season story line. If another three superteams are formed I'll just quit watching the nba.

Chronz
08-30-2011, 01:29 PM
eh, KG never went public at all. I think at that point, he knew the Wolves were looking to deal him, and may have possibly given them a couple of teams. But I never heard a whisper from him stating he wanted to be traded. What went on behind the scenes only he and others involved know. You were most likely not one of them.

No star ever gos public(Except for Kobe who everyone knew had a no trade clause so any trade would be his doing anyways), its not as if they call press conferences for this kind of stuff. It was well known that KG refused to go to Boston until Ray got there, you dont honestly think KG didnt ask to be traded do you? Hasnt he already admitted to regretting not forcing a trade sooner?

beasted86
08-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Who the HELL do these guys think they are?!?!?

I guess the Celtics having Garnett, Pierce, and Allen wasn't all stars teaming up. Nor was Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone. Or Barkley, Hakeem, and Clyde. How about Kareem, Magic, and Worthy. Well maybe Jordan, Pippen, and/or Rodman/Grant. Hell the Knicks cause said something about joining up together way before THE DECISION. CP3 and Melo made a toast at Melos wedding before FA, saying here's to the Knicks.

But i guess the big headed ness of the Miami Heat never will shrink, even when they lose to an inferior talented team in the Finals, and have no rings together. They set trends though. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Bucko, when in the history of the NBA did 3 CURRENT all-stars that were FREE AGENTS sign on the same team?

Yeah, why don't you go be quiet somewhere.

JordansBulls
08-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I can't remember exactly what Wade said, but the point of it was that him, LeBron and Bosh joining forces was no different to the Bulls. That, obviously, is ******** since the Bulls didn't force their way onto the same team. Jordan and Pippen were acquired completely on managements behalf.

With the Bulls there was a clear pecking order too, unlike the Heat who thought they could just band together and take the easy road to some rings.

Not only that but when Pippen came he wasn't even close to being a star. Whereas both Wade and Lebron were already considered top 3 players. Also all 3 in Wade, Lebron and Bosh were 1, 2 and 4 in PER the season before joining forces and all had been the clear cut #1 guy on there teams for years.

Chronz
08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
What I want to know is how did Wade-Bosh-Bron plan this in advance when the Heat were clearly trying to land Lamar Odom in the summer before, how do they land the Big3 with Odom on the books?

Chronz
08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Not only that but when Pippen came he wasn't even close to being a star. Whereas both Wade and Lebron were already considered top 3 players. Also all 3 in Wade, Lebron and Bosh were 1, 2 and 4 in PER the season before joining forces and all had been the clear cut #1 guy on there teams for years.
Yea but what difference does it make? Just because you didnt have to ask for something does that mean others should wait and hope?

beasted86
08-30-2011, 01:54 PM

But Allen, Garnett & Pierce were the #1 guys for the Bucks/Sonics, Timberwolves, and Celtics respectively for years, and they didn't get nearly as much backlash when they joined up. And don't bother telling me they & their agents had no say in orchestrating the deal that got them all on the same team.

The only difference here is the Heat 3 have done it a lot sooner. When KG said he would have done it sooner if possible, nobody had a problem. When Wade + LeBron + Bosh actually do it... then it's a problem.

Just seems fans are mad because their teams got weaker / their team has less chances of beating a team so talented. That's the true root of their dislike of the Heat... not because of anything LeBron did or said, or Bosh tweeted or any of that nonsense. The truth is people feel threatened by the Heat being such a good team so fast, and the idea players doing the same thing in the future.

C_Mund
08-30-2011, 02:14 PM
But Allen, Garnett & Pierce were the #1 guys for the Bucks/Sonics, Timberwolves, and Celtics respectively for years, and they didn't get nearly as much backlash when they joined up. And don't bother telling me they & their agents had no say in orchestrating the deal that got them all on the same team.

The only difference here is the Heat 3 have done it a lot sooner. When KG said he would have done it sooner if possible, nobody had a problem. When Wade + LeBron + Bosh actually do it... then it's a problem.

Just seems fans are mad because their teams got weaker / their team has less chances of beating a team so talented. That's the true root of their dislike of the Heat... not because of anything LeBron did or said, or Bosh tweeted or any of that nonsense. The truth is people feel threatened by the Heat being such a good team so fast, and the idea players doing the same thing in the future.

As a raps fan, I've hated Miami since Mourning refused to suit up for us in the VC trade and we had to pay him to win a championship in Miami.
Also, I hated Bosh before he signed with the Heat because he threw in the towel on a team that by all rights should have made the playoffs.
Also, I hated Lebron because I actually wanted him to be the saviour that he'd been hyped up to be but lacked the mental fortitude to become.
Wade is the only one of those three that I never had too much of a problem with, and collusion is the only argument I have against him. He's a real competitor.
But when you put those things together, combined with your argument of a potential dynasty, there really isn't anything to like about the Heat other than Mike Miller and the cheerleaders.

mjm07
08-30-2011, 02:21 PM
As a raps fan, I've hated Miami since Mourning refused to suit up for us in the VC trade and we had to pay him to win a championship in Miami.
Also, I hated Bosh before he signed with the Heat because he threw in the towel on a team that by all rights should have made the playoffs.
Also, I hated Lebron because I actually wanted him to be the saviour that he'd been hyped up to be but lacked the mental fortitude to become.
Wade is the only one of those three that I never had too much of a problem with, and collusion is the only argument I have against him. He's a real competitor.
But when you put those things together, combined with your argument of a potential dynasty, there really isn't anything to like about the Heat other than Mike Miller and the cheerleaders.

Best Cheerleaders by far too. ;)

good point.

beasted86
08-30-2011, 02:35 PM
You dislike Mourning (who was a role player by then) so you automatically dislike the Heat? That doesn't make much sense.

Could have made the playoffs or should have made the playoffs? I have no doubt a soft lineup of guys who refuse to put any effort into playing defense in Bargnani & Calderon, and a season long disappearing act from Turkoglu did NOT deserve to make the playoffs over the Bulls. They might have made the playoffs if Bosh suited up for the game against the Bulls and the last couple, but I wouldn't call not wanting to play with a broken nose throwing in the towel. The team had a chance to prove their value without Bosh and they came up short.

That's fine, but don't see how it becomes "hate". Disappointment would seem more appropriate for failed expectations.

How is it collusion when he went public with wanting Odom and other players in previous years? Wade has always just been trying to win, and trying to improve his team, the same as the other 2. A colluded effort to join up goes by the premise they weren't trying to win with the teams they were already on... which is false.

I don't really have a problem with anyone disliking the Heat some... because even a couple fans didn't like when Boston joined up and were rooting against them. What I don't get is the seemingly deep rooted hatred for some of the team's players. Like did this guy steal your girlfriend or bang your mom? I've seen fans say all sorts of weird borderline insane things about the Miami Heat, and media members act completely unprofessional in columns.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Wade saying this is like the time my dad pulled out a Corona (he rarely drinks), and says to me, "Hey, did you know that if you cut up a lime and put it in the beer, it tastes even better?". He thought he invented the lime in a mexican beer trick.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 02:45 PM
No star ever gos public(Except for Kobe who everyone knew had a no trade clause so any trade would be his doing anyways), its not as if they call press conferences for this kind of stuff. It was well known that KG refused to go to Boston until Ray got there, you dont honestly think KG didnt ask to be traded do you? Hasnt he already admitted to regretting not forcing a trade sooner?

He did admit to regretting not forcing a trade sooner. But KG's weakness and strength is his loyalty. There was never a whisper from him or anyone in the Wolves organization of a trade, until the media caught it shortly before it went down. I have no idea how it actually went down, but I think management and KG were both on the same page from day 1 of that offseason.

JordansBulls
08-30-2011, 02:46 PM

None of Garnett, Pierce or Allen were considered top 5 players in the league. All 3 were over 30+ years old as well.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 02:48 PM

The Celtics forming their big 3 didn't resemble what Miami did at all. Ainge simply stacked assets for 2-3 years, and then pulled the trigger when 2 aging stars had teams that were looking to go younger because they had failed with their stars. The Wolves got 6 players in return, ****. The Miami deal was nothing like the Celtics.

And hell no did the Celtics get the back lash the Heat have gotten. Everyone then was, "awww, poor KG and Ray Ray, they never got a chance". Now its, "die Lebron, you suck!"

not even remotely similar.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Bucko, when in the history of the NBA did 3 CURRENT all-stars that were FREE AGENTS sign on the same team?

Yeah, why don't you go be quiet somewhere.
Even though you weren't referring to me I just have to ask did you even read what Wade said or the title of this post which says:

"Wade says Heat set a trend w/ all star teaming"

Not "Wade says Heat set a trend w/ all star free agent signing"

You can just be quiet and let the rest of us have an intelligent conversation!

Thanks ;)

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Just to add on to your why didn't people get mad at Boston rant it's because they didn't all come from free agency not only that but most importantly:

1. They didn't celebrate pre-season and dance around like fools bragging about how many championships they would win.

2. They didn't have a press conference after every single regular season game (media hogs)

3. They didn't disrespect any of there former teams when they moved on

4. They didn't disrespect any players during the playoffs or finals (Lebron and Wade)

5. They didn't disrespect the NBA fan base at the end of the season (Lebron)

Do I really need to go on or are you clueing in to any of this??? If you didn't figure it out yet you'll piece it together I have faith in you :)

beasted86
08-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Even though you weren't referring to me I just have to ask did you even read what Wade said or the title of this post which says:

"Wade says Heat set a trend w/ all star teaming"

Not "Wade says Heat set a trend w/ all star free agent signing"

You can just be quiet and let the rest of us have an intelligent conversation!

Thanks ;)

The problem is you assume that's what Wade said, or that was even the title of the article in the link. You know what they say about assuming right?

Go and read the article and exactly what Wade actually said. Thanks.

cooters22
08-30-2011, 03:00 PM

The article talks about allstars forming alliances to create allstar type teams. PLAYERS NOT TEAMS is what the article is about the Celtics are a team, whereas Le Bron and DeWayne are players. Le Bron signed a FA contract taking less money, whereas the Celtics traded for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. Huge differance.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 03:03 PM
The problem is you assume that's what Wade said, or that was even the title of the article in the link. You know what they say about assuming right?

Go and read the article and exactly what Wade actually said. Thanks.
Been there and done that bro so why don't you just snip your quote since you read it more in depth that I did and I just paste your quote that proves me wrong.

I'll be waiting...

beasted86
08-30-2011, 03:04 PM
1. They didn't celebrate pre-season and dance around like fools bragging about how many championships they would win.

That was LeBron, and if you really took that literal, I feel sorry.

2. They didn't have a press conference after every single regular season game (media hogs)

You know the media requests those press conferences right? Players get fined for consistently avoiding the media. They wanted to talk to those guys after every game.

3. They didn't disrespect any of there former teams when they moved on
How did LeBron or Bosh disrespect their former teams? Aside from a tweet by LeBron about karma directed at Dan Gilbert, I can't think of anything that wasn't positive when talking about their former teams.

4. They didn't disrespect any players during the playoffs or finals (Lebron and Wade) KG never disrespected anyone? OK.

5. They didn't disrespect the NBA fan base at the end of the season (Lebron)

Do I really need to go on or are you clueing in to any of this??? If you didn't figure it out yet you'll piece it together I have faith in you :)
Look, I didn't say I haven't seen a reason some fans would dislike the Heat, but hatred is another thing. People need to get over it and move on.

beasted86
08-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Been there and done that bro so why don't you just snip your quote since you read it more in depth that I did and I just paste your quote that proves me wrong.

I'll be waiting...

Do I really need to go back and explain everything in detail when the original comment wasn't towards you, and even your comment quotes a false title?

Anyway... to keep it short:

"I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, but more guys are going to look to team up and do things like that. Obviously, people don't like change. And we changed things. We changed the way things were done. People don't like that. It takes time to get used to it. Whenever you're the first to do something, it's not always the best thing.

Is the way the Heat's trio joined up not the first of it's kind?

cooters22
08-30-2011, 03:13 PM

I personally never had a problem with the Heat and actually always greatly respected Pat Riley. But I've never been a Le Bron fan from Day 1. I guess I root against arrogance, which I saw in him from the first time I saw him play. He acts as if he has really done something for any team he has played for as far as winning. He hasn't won squat in my eyes. All he has showed me is that he can't win anything on his own, nor with a very good supporting cast. I didn't mind that thing he did with blowing the powder up in the air, but now its becoming sort of a novelty, like thats what he is famous for. Just go out and win a championship, better yet win 2, and then talk like you are "the King" and actually relevant. And I won't even get into his press conferance, but to say he didn't get why Cleveland was so mad at him is a joke, he rubbed their fricken face right in it. I've always been a Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan fans because they are humble men and have actually been relevant in winning a championship or two or...So I now hate Miami because of Le Bron.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 03:19 PM
"I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, but more guys are going to look to team up and do things like that. Obviously, people don't like change. And we changed things. We changed the way things were done. People don't like that. It takes time to get used to it. Whenever you're the first to do something, it's not always the best thing.

I can't believe I have to bold it out but KG, Allen and Pierce already teamed up before them a few years earlier.

What else is there to say?

Like really???

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 03:22 PM
That was LeBron, and if you really took that literal, I feel sorry.

You know the media requests those press conferences right? Players get fined for consistently avoiding the media. They wanted to talk to those guys after every game.

How did LeBron or Bosh disrespect their former teams? Aside from a tweet by LeBron about karma directed at Dan Gilbert, I can't think of anything that wasn't positive when talking about their former teams.

KG never disrespected anyone? OK.

Look, I didn't say I haven't seen a reason some fans would dislike the Heat, but hatred is another thing. People need to get over it and move on.
I'll have to respond to this in detail later but the media did not ask them to have a press conference after every game. Do you realise what you are saying everyone just grouped together and begged them to go out on a podium and speak like seriously I'm not that gullable.

They can get interviewed in the locker room like everyone in the NBA since day 1.

They are media hogs get over it dude! I'm surprised you are denying it!!!

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh and last thing if the heat want the hate to end all they need to do is say...

"I wish we did a few things differently... Maybe celebrating pre-season was a little immature... Maybe disrespecting Dirk in the playoffs was wrong... Maybe insulting the NBA fanbase was the wrong thing to do --> I'm sorry!"

Then the hatred will end but you know there egos are too high to admit or say any of that.

beasted86
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
I can't believe I have to bold it out but KG, Allen and Pierce already teamed up before them a few years earlier.

What else is there to say?

Like really???

Seriously... :facepalm:.

Like I said, you obviously did NOT read the article. Here's more since you seem to need a further detailed explanation:

"In a sense, right?" he said with a laugh. "We're game-changers in that capacity. We set a trend in the way of how it was done, but we really haven't did too much different than what was done back in the day. When you think about the great teams, the Bill Russell teams, you think about all these teams that have four Hall of Famers, three Hall of Famers, five Hall of Famers. It's just now in today's world, social media, and all these things, it becomes bigger than it was back in the day. But, it was some of the same stuff happening [back then]."

What this is basically saying is stars have teamed up in the past long ago, as well as just a few years ago when KG, Allen, and Pierce did it, but in consideration of the way this Heat teams was formed they are game-changers in how it was done this time, and he believes they have started a trend.

Is it clear now? Was my comment not an accurate response? Was your comment not under false context?

beasted86
08-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I'll have to respond to this in detail later but the media did not ask them to have a press conference after every game. Do you realise what you are saying everyone just grouped together and begged them to go out on a podium and speak like seriously I'm not that gullable.

They can get interviewed in the locker room like everyone in the NBA since day 1.

They are media hogs get over it dude! I'm surprised you are denying it!!!

Again, seriously... :facepalm:.

With the amount of media coverage, and the band of reporters that followed them from city to city, if you thought it was a good idea to have a flock of 50-100 guys crowded in a locker room, you just have no clue.

There were times when they did have locker room interviews with a smaller group of media members, but with the amount that wanted to ask questions and would have been requesting locker room passes, it only made sense to have a podium interview.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Again, seriously... :facepalm:.

With the amount of media coverage, and the band of reporters that followed them from city to city, if you thought it was a good idea to have a flock of 50-100 guys crowded in a locker room, you just have no clue.

There were times when they did have locker room interviews with a smaller group of media members, but with the amount that wanted to ask questions and would have been requesting locker room passes, it only made sense to have a podium interview.
Did anyone else notice he changed his reasoning from they we're required or they would get fined to 50 - 100 reporters would be in the locker room. Lesson for you... pick an excuse and stick with it ;) Someone doesn't have a clue and it ain't me ;) cheers

beasted86
08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Did anyone else notice he changed his reasoning from they we're required or they would get fined to 50 - 100 reporters would be in the locker room. Lesson for you... pick an excuse and stick with it ;) Someone doesn't have a clue and it ain't me ;) cheers

A+ for effort... this comment made me laugh at least.

My stance is they are required to meet with the media & interview after most games and a lockerroom full of a flock of reporters isn't a good thing so they had a podium interview on most nights. They didn't do podium interviews because they needed the extra press and were hogs.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 03:55 PM
A+ for effort... this comment made me laugh at least.

My stance is they are required to meet with the media & interview after most games and a lockerroom full of a flock of reporters isn't a good thing so they had a podium interview on most nights. They didn't do podium interviews because they needed the extra press and were hogs.
Ok listen I admit your obviously smarter than me and everyone else here and hate or not the heat were the most popular team in the nba this year so you shouldn't have any problems showing us evidence just an article or something to back yourself up... otherwise people who are not smart like me will think your full of ****. Please educate us and show us they were forced to come to the podium night after night... I'll be waiting and so will your adoring fans!

If don't see anything I'll assume I'm right and since I have NBA announcers discrediting your information I'll assume I'm right and I'll send it to you personally when I go home.... They are media hogs and it seems some fans are in denial of this.... good for them!

beasted86
08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Ok listen I admit your obviously smarter than me and everyone else here and hate or not the heat were the most popular team in the nba this year so you shouldn't have any problems showing us evidence just an article or something to back yourself up... otherwise people who are not smart like me will think your full of ****. Please educate us and show us they were forced to come to the podium night after night... I'll be waiting and so will your adoring fans!

Thank you, thank you for the kind remarks :bow:

I have never thought so, but thanks for calling me smarter anyway.

Here's just one article covering the media circus following the Miami Heat:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Media-hype-surrounds-Heat-THREERING-CIRCUSREPORTERS-FLOCK-TO-COVER-TRIO-OF-WADE-BOSH-AND-JAMES-17375243

The thing is the article is only for a preseason game against a smaller market Thunder team. Imagine when they played those opening games against Boston, or against NY, or against LA, or Chicago, or any important high profile matchup where a lot of media will be wanting to ask the players questions after the game.

I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but it's pretty clear they could not do locker room interviews like most players considering how much the media has evolved from the days of Michael Jordan to how things are now.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Sorry dude I didn't even read the article but I will when I go home but your reasoning is flawed... on chrtmas day... they went to the podium Lobe did his in the locker room... same amount of media.... no one forced the heat members to do anything and that means going to the podium they have the choice but since they are media hogs and need maximum exposurethey had to go to the podium. Its so obvious but I can't wait to read your article on how they were FORCED to go to the podium after every single regular season game!

beasted86
08-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry dude I didn't even read the article but I will when I go home but your reasoning is flawed... on chrtmas day... they went to the podium Lobe did his in the locker room... same amount of media....

Who is Lobe? LeBron?

Then who's this guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJt-Lhyw5w&feature=player_detailpage#t=660s

Anyway, you know what, I don't care either way. "Hate" the Miami Heat with all your heart, soul, blood, sweat, and tears... I just find the reasons funny.

Peace out.

JasonJohnHorn
08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
How does Wade get off thinking he started this trend? What an ego! You can name any number of teams with multiple all-stars. Jordan Rodman Pippen. Garnett Pierce Allen. Shaq Kobe Payton Malone. Thomas Dumars Rodman. Bird McHale Parish. Magic Kareem Worthy. This kid thinks he's starting a trend 'cause him and his boys buy into some schtick Pat Riley gives them about champioship teams having three all-stars. The reason Riley sold these guys on this idea was because it had been done in the past with great success. Only difference, most other teams that have done it have brought hom hardware.

Wade needs a history lesson or two before he starts spouting off about being a trend setter.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks dude glad to see I can beat you with facts on my cell phone and all you can do is poke fun at words instead of using evidence. Good for you ;)

Obviously I meant Kobe spell check on my phone your lucky I didn't have a keyboard or this convo would have been squashin 2 posts. KOBE could his interview with the media circus how come Lebron and wade couldn't.

Media hogs no other explanation ;)

Cheers smart guy!

Oh and I find it funny too... who goes to the podium after every single regular season game... lol

JordansBulls
08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
How does Wade get off thinking he started this trend? What an ego! You can name any number of teams with multiple all-stars. Jordan Rodman Pippen. Garnett Pierce Allen. Shaq Kobe Payton Malone. Thomas Dumars Rodman. Bird McHale Parish. Magic Kareem Worthy. This kid thinks he's starting a trend 'cause him and his boys buy into some schtick Pat Riley gives them about champioship teams having three all-stars. The reason Riley sold these guys on this idea was because it had been done in the past with great success. Only difference, most other teams that have done it have brought hom hardware.

Wade needs a history lesson or two before he starts spouting off about being a trend setter.

None of them started that trend as no team ever got 2 free agents that were stars on there previous team and that were #1 options before going to the new team.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks dude glad to see I can beat you with facts on my cell phone and all you can do is poke fun at words instead of using evidence. Good for you ;)

Obviously I meant Kobe spell check on my phone your lucky I didn't have a keyboard or this convo would have been squashin 2 posts. KOBE could his interview with the media circus how come Lebron and wade couldn't.

Media hogs no other explanation ;)

Cheers smart guy!

Oh and I find it funny too... who goes to the podium after every single regular season game... lol

Gotta say, during the NBA season, you watch espn and everynight they are showing whatever star player played that night SITTING AT A PODIUM taking questions. Coaches too, hell, I watched Rose nearly every game at a podium. Doesn't make him, or Wade or LBJ, any less of a person because they choose to go to a podium. It gives your teammates respect and more privacy not to bring the bandwagon of media into your lockerroom after every game.

I in no way see how you are near close to proving Beasted "wrong" like you think you are. You are doing exactly what you say he is doing. I didn't see one fact from you, Beasted just provided a link in fact and you clearly said that you aren't going to even read it. So why should he waste his time arguing this with you?

Edit: FYI, I hate the heat also.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Do yourself a favor Ghetto Sean, search "Kobe Postgame Interview" and see how many videos pop up of him sitting AT A PODIUM, and how many are in the locker room. Take out the ones that are on the court, and you see probably 5 podium interviews for every locker room interview.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Gotta say, during the NBA season, you watch espn and everynight they are showing whatever star player played that night SITTING AT A PODIUM taking questions. Coaches too, hell, I watched Rose nearly every game at a podium. Doesn't make him, or Wade or LBJ, any less of a person because they choose to go to a podium. It gives your teammates respect and more privacy not to bring the bandwagon of media into your lockerroom after every game.

I in no way see how you are near close to proving Beasted "wrong" like you think you are. You are doing exactly what you say he is doing. I didn't see one fact from you, Beasted just provided a link in fact and you clearly said that you aren't going to even read it. So why should he waste his time arguing this with you?

Edit: FYI, I hate the heat also.
I have to disagree and here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HemtlAhzI

That's from announcers and ex-players... If anyone wants to show me Rose or any other player going to the podium after EVERY GAME I would like love to see them because that is completly false or else the bold comments in the youtube video would not have been spoken.

Anyone disagree and remember Kenny has a ring so I don't want to hear no gripping about no rings for the other guy.

Can't wait to hear from everyone on this ;)

Also try to remember I'm talking regular season and no one was disagreeing with these guys when they said this on the air LIVE!!!

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Do yourself a favor Ghetto Sean, search "Kobe Postgame Interview" and see how many videos pop up of him sitting AT A PODIUM, and how many are in the locker room. Take out the ones that are on the court, and you see probably 5 podium interviews for every locker room interview.
Dude I can type Dirk post game interview and I could find the samething. Most of them were during the playoffs and they are required to go to the podium during the PLAYOFFS!!!

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I have to disagree and here you go:

That's from announcers and ex-players... If anyone wants to show me Rose or any other player going to the podium after EVERY GAME I would like love to see them because that is completly false or else the bold comments in the youtube video would not have been spoken.

Anyone disagree and remember Kenny has a ring so I don't want to hear no gripping about no rings for the other guy.

Can't wait to hear from everyone on this ;)

Also try to remember I'm talking regular season and no one was disagreeing with these guys when they said this on the air LIVE!!!

That is from TWO announces/ex-players out of how many? 1 of whom strongly voiced his distaste for the Heat all year.

You aren't going to hear from anybody else on this because 1st off its a stupid argument, and 2nd of course it doesn't happen after EVERY Game. It didn't with the Heat, but a majority of stars do it a majority of games. How many times did you watch Durant sitting at the podium wearing his backpack?

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2011, 05:07 PM
How about this Ghetto Sean, since you are so determined to see proof, how about you show us proof that LBJ and Wade did their post-game interviews at the podium for EVERY single game.

I expect to see 100+ links from you, otherwise you really can't prove your point, and are simply doing the same think you accuse Beasted of doing.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 05:07 PM
All I can tell you is he didn't do it after EVERY GAME... They did this after every regular season game... The only game of the season they did not sit at the podium and I counted was when they got blown out by chicago in the playoffs in game #1 of that series beyond that they went to the podium every single time.

FACT!!!

Also I posted 2 announcers confirming what I'm sain midway through the season if you don't want to believe its fine but I saw them every night on ESPN at the podium except for the one game I'm talking about.

That's all I can tell you if you don't like my proof above from announcers well too bad for you bro ;)

Get more people in on this though and I'll play some more but for now I'm going to the gym!

Peace!

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Dude I can type Dirk post game interview and I could find the samething. Most of them were during the playoffs and they are required to go to the podium during the PLAYOFFS!!!

This doesn't prove your point at all. You still said yourself MOST of them were playoffs, meaning at least some were REGULAR SEASON.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
All I can tell you is he didn't do it after EVERY GAME... They did this after every regular season game... The only game of the season they did not sit at the podium and I counted was when they got blown out by chicago in the playoffs in game #1 of that series beyond that they went to the podium every single time.

FACT!!!

Links please, otherwise its just your opinion.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2011, 05:10 PM
I can't believe I'm actually sitting here defending the heat.

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh and by they confirmed that Kobe did his interview in the locker room as the heat players go to the podium after every game (they actually said this on live television). I can't believe his is even being debated... Ernie cuts them up all kinds and is the truth guy wouldn't he step in wouldn't the heat respond if they were full of ****???

Think about it!

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Wow I will just finish this off because you are really jazzed about this...

Ok so first off there are 82 games in a regular season not 100 so I will not be posting 100 links for you. 2nd I said the heat went to the podium for all 82 games (every other team did not go 82 times to the podium).

Hopefully that helps clear things up for you.

Cheers buddy I got to gym it up now this is getting stale you have a link which confirms what I'm saying and you don't like it well sorry no double proof for you.

Can't wait for our next debate ;)

(why would a guy who self names himself "The King" be a media hog I'm totally in the wrong here I guess)

NYman15
08-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Wade and the Heat weren't the 1st team to put together a big 3 or super team but I think since we've seen the Heat form we've heard more and more talk of other players wanting to team up starting with NY, maybe LA with Howard or NJ or LA Clipps. So, they didn't start it but they might have sort of started it again.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 05:55 PM
wait, so where a player does his post game interview matters now?

Jesus, people honestly LOOK for things to pick on the Heat and LeBron for.

Who gives a **** where they do their post game interviews.

Bruno
08-30-2011, 06:00 PM

x2.

The thing that sucks for the Heat is that even if they win the '12 championship with a shortened season, they still won't get the credit and praise that comes with winning a championship. People will * their season if they win a championship during a shortened year; it's gona be nearly two years until they get past this.

Wilson
08-30-2011, 06:07 PM

I agree that people look for reasons to dislike the Heat, but I still think a lot of it has been brought on by themselves. They need to just buckle down and work hard now and not worry about what the media thinks.

There is always going to be a black cloud over any success they have but the more the players and fans complain about it, the worse it will be. I think if they just try to be a bit quieter and just play the game, the hate will lessen (though it will never completely disappear).

SteBO
08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I agree that people look for reasons to dislike the Heat, but I still think a lot of it has been brought on by themselves. They need to just buckle down and work hard now and not worry about what the media thinks.

There is always going to be a black cloud over any success they have but the more the players and fans complain about it, the worse it will be. I think if they just try to be a bit quieter and just play the game, the hate will lessen (though it will never completely disappear).
I don't see why they should be quiet. The reporters ask the questions. I can guarantee many players, including the stars, would rather not speak to the media at all. But they have to because if they don't, they get fined. The Heat have been honest in every answer that's given, so they shouldn't have to stay quiet. I agree some has been put on themselves, but most of it is unwarranted. Just a couple weeks ago, a thread was made here regarding LeBron's twitter joke on his hairline and did you responses in there? People need to grow up. Period.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 06:26 PM

well, try being quieter when you are followed around 24/7 with cameras everywhere. I think they handle the media fine. No team gets that much attention in sports. And no team has more beat writers ripping them a new one on a daily basis. I doubt they care about the media honestly.

I am speaking of fans. I mean, you are really digging deep if you are now criticizing that LeBron does his post game interview at a podium, and not in the locker room, so that pisses you off too.

I wish fans would be a bit quieter about it. Hate them all you want, but at least have a reason. Not his interviewing spots.

But whatever. I just find it amusing at this point the hate that LeBron and the Heat get.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 06:28 PM
sorry Wilson, that wasn't at you, just the fans in general who hate the Heat for ridiculous reasons.

Wilson
08-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't see why they should be quiet. The reporters ask the questions. I can guarantee many players, including the stars, would rather not speak to the media at all. But they have to because if they don't, they get fined. The Heat have been honest in every answer that's given, so they shouldn't have to stay quiet. I agree some has been put on themselves, but most of it is unwarranted. Just a couple weeks ago, a thread was made here regarding LeBron's twitter joke on his hairline and did you responses in there? People need to grow up. Period.

I agree about that thread about LeBron's hairline (I closed it in fact :p), that is a good example of the unnecessary hate the Heat get.

I'm not buying the stuff with the reporters though. Yes, the players have to answer questions, but the Heat just haven't been smart. LeBron said some stupid stuff on Twitter that didn't need to be said. Then him and Wade are making fun of Dirk - a guy who was kicking their ***** - how can they complain about people making something of that? If someone's kicking your *** and you just make fun of him, then you need to show up and kick his *** back, and the Heat didn't.

Then there's the huge party when they signed. It's no good just asking people to forget about it, that makes no sense. Imagine I said "Hey, let's just forget about Kobe hogging the ball and shooting the Lakers out of the game. If you forget that then you'll see he played a great game, how can you HATE on him?!". It's no good just asking people to forget the worst part of someone and only focus on the good.

The fact is the Heat celebrated like they'd already won, and they're going to receive a never ending stream of crap until they back it up.

well, try being quieter when you are followed around 24/7 with cameras everywhere. I think they handle the media fine. No team gets that much attention in sports. And no team has more beat writers ripping them a new one on a daily basis. I doubt they care about the media honestly.

I am speaking of fans. I mean, you are really digging deep if you are now criticizing that LeBron does his post game interview at a podium, and not in the locker room, so that pisses you off too.

I wish fans would be a bit quieter about it. Hate them all you want, but at least have a reason. Not his interviewing spots.

But whatever. I just find it amusing at this point the hate that LeBron and the Heat get.

I agree that the media are always waiting to catch them at their worst but some of it is completely self inflicted. I know it's tiresome to go back to this, but LeBron was playing with the media throughout his last season with the Cavs. Didn't he arrange a press conference in New York before the game? Then there was The Decision debacle, followed by the big party. You can't go around going crazy like that and expect the media to not react, that's incredibly naive.

I do agree that some people take it too far and pick up on every little thing, but I just don't think the Heat should be completely let off. They have said a lot of stuff and until they back it up, they're going to hear it from fans, players and the media.

sorry Wilson, that wasn't at you, just the fans in general who hate the Heat for ridiculous reasons.

No worries :p

The hairline thread that Stebo mentioned is a good example of the unnecessary attention the Heat get. I can see that there's plenty of that, I just think that a good amount of it is completely self inflicted.

SteBO
08-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Seriously, the only things I feel LeBron or Wade did wrong all year was mocking Dirk in the Finals and constant subtle *****ing they did during their 5-game losing streak in the middle of the season.

SteBO
08-30-2011, 06:39 PM
I agree about that thread about LeBron's hairline (I closed it in fact :p), that is a good example of the unnecessary hate the Heat get.

I'm not buying the stuff with the reporters though. Yes, the players have to answer questions, but the Heat just haven't been smart. LeBron said some stupid stuff on Twitter that didn't need to be said. Then him and Wade are making fun of Dirk - a guy who was kicking their ***** - how can they complain about people making something of that? If someone's kicking your *** and you just make fun of him, then you need to show up and kick his *** back, and the Heat didn't.

Then there's the huge party when they signed. It's no good just asking people to forget about it, that makes no sense. Imagine I said "Hey, let's just forget about Kobe hogging the ball and shooting the Lakers out of the game. If you forget that then you'll see he played a great game, how can you HATE on him?!". It's no good just asking people to forget the worst part of someone and only focus on the good.

The fact is the Heat celebrated like they'd already won, and they're going to receive a never ending stream of crap until they back it up.

I agree that the media are always waiting to catch them at their worst but some of it is completely self inflicted. I know it's tiresome to go back to this, but LeBron was playing with the media throughout his last season with the Cavs. Didn't he arrange a press conference in New York before the game? Then there was The Decision debacle, followed by the big party. You can't go around going crazy like that and expect the media to not react, that's incredibly naive.

I do agree that some people take it too far and pick up on every little thing, but I just don't think the Heat should be completely let off. They have said a lot of stuff and until they back it up, they're going to hear it from fans, players and the media.

The hairline thread that Stebo mentioned is a good example of the unnecessary attention the Heat get. I can see that there's plenty of that, I just think that a good amount of it is completely self inflicted.
Yeah, them mocking Dirk the way did was unecessary and you can look it up if you want, I ripped them for it. I was shocked Wade of all people engaged in such foolishness. I really don't buy players/athletes getting ripped for what they say on Twitter, though I admit the Dan Gilbert "karmas a *****" thing wasn't necessary either. I guess I'm a little irked by the fact LeBron & Wade are actually getting criticised for where they do postgame interviews. I mean, really? :confused:

Wilson
08-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, them mocking Dirk the way did was unecessary and you can look it up if you want, I ripped them for it. I was shocked Wade of all people engaged in such foolishness. I really don't buy players/athletes getting ripped for what they say on Twitter, though I admit the Dan Gilbert "karmas a *****" thing wasn't necessary either. I guess I'm a little irked by the fact LeBron & Wade are actually getting criticised for where they do postgame interviews. I mean, really? :confused:

Yeah, that one is ridiculous. It's an example of them crossing over from basketball players into everyday celebrities I guess :p

ghettosean
08-30-2011, 07:28 PM

Back from the gym... Wow before you become prejudice and just start talking smack read the whole back and forth between me and Beast86 and you'll see how this came about. I made a comment about this post and it escalated but my initial comments were straight on about Wade and this post.

Beast86 though he had to throw in his 2 cents on everyone.

P.S

They are media hogs though and to be honest I know people try to look hard to keep hitting up the heat but think about it hard because it's been a full year. The beginning of the season they yelled, screamed danced around and bragged about how great they are and how many championships they would win.

They closed out the season in 2 different ways:

1. Coughing and mocking Dirk being sick
2. Lebron cutting up the NBA fanbase

Nevermind what they did in between and the worst thing is if they just went up to the podium like they did for 82 straights and said I wish we did things a little differently and showed they can be humble maybe people would forgive them but there egos are much to big for that!

Sandman
08-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I think TMac and Grant Hill started the trend

Boston perfected it

Its been around forever. When you can only field 5 players at a time, a logical conclusion is that two or more players joining forces as free agents or whatever are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Bruno
08-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, them mocking Dirk the way did was unecessary and you can look it up if you want, I ripped them for it. I was shocked Wade of all people engaged in such foolishness.

I thought that was classless; in retrospect it supplies a certain implication that they had begun making excuses before the series had even ended and that they weren't 100% there mentally during those NBA Finals. If I were a Heat fan, I'd be more mad about that than anything else. James and Wade lost their focus after game three. There is no other explanation for their drop-off in production, save perhaps the possibility that they had lost their legs. People are already forgetting that Miami was up 2-1 going into game four.

Obviously NBA fans and the media take the skewering of these two too far, but like Wilson said- they provided a lot of fodder. IMO it won't be until the 2013 championship round until they can get this monkey off their back. Even if they win in 2012 during a shortened season they will still be slammed in the media for only being able to win during a lock-out season.

SteBO
08-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I thought that was classless; in retrospect it supplies a certain implication that they had begun making excuses before the series had even ended and that they weren't 100% there mentally during those NBA Finals. If I were a Heat fan, I'd be more mad about that than anything else. James and Wade lost their focus after game three. There is no other explanation for their drop-off in production, save perhaps the possibility that they had lost their legs. People are already forgetting that Miami was up 2-1 going into game four.

Obviously NBA fans and the media take the skewering of these two too far, but like Wilson said- they provided a lot of fodder. IMO it won't be until the 2013 championship round until they can get this monkey off their back. Even if they win in 2012 during a shortened season they will still be slammed in the media for only being able to win during a lock-out season.
Agreed, and unfortunately, this is their reality.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 07:56 PM

They brought a lot of it on, knowingly, when they teamed up. That had to have understood they would get killed in the media, especially LeBron. Warranted? Not really. Expected? Oh yeah

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Back from the gym... Wow before you become prejudice and just start talking smack read the whole back and forth between me and Beast86 and you'll see how this came about. I made a comment about this post and it escalated but my initial comments were straight on about Wade and this post.

Beast86 though he had to throw in his 2 cents on everyone.

P.S

They are media hogs though and to be honest I know people try to look hard to keep hitting up the heat but think about it hard because it's been a full year. The beginning of the season they yelled, screamed danced around and bragged about how great they are and how many championships they would win.

They closed out the season in 2 different ways:

1. Coughing and mocking Dirk being sick
2. Lebron cutting up the NBA fanbase

Nevermind what they did in between and the worst thing is if they just went up to the podium like they did for 82 straights and said I wish we did things a little differently and showed they can be humble maybe people would forgive them but there egos are much to big for that!

I wasn't speaking directly to you dude, relax. I found the back and forth between you, beasted, and whomever else chimed in about where they do their post game interviews laughable, because WHO CARES???

If you think they are media hogs, that is your opinion. The media follows them around like a puppy dog.

You keep accusing them of being things that are your opinion, and attempting to present that as fact. Cmon man, that is not going to hold any water. If you hate them, you hate them. Fine. I get it. But looking for things to hate., "omg, did you see that, LeBron didn't use his signal when he changed lanes, what an arrogant *******", you are just going to get all stirred up for no reason.

Chill out

Bruno
08-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Agreed, and unfortunately, this is their reality.

But at the same time any eventual championship will just be ridiculously epic for the Heat and Heat nation.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 08:02 PM

Eh, the Spurs * died pretty quickly after they won a ring in a 50 game season. Not the biggest deal.

3mikee_
08-30-2011, 08:02 PM
I think TMac and Grant Hill started the trend

Boston perfected it

Its been around forever. When you can only field 5 players at a time, a logical conclusion is that two or more players joining forces as free agents or whatever are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

This.

Speaking of trends, I think Lebron set a trend for traveling.. just saying..:shrug: :)

Hawkeye15
08-30-2011, 08:08 PM
This.

Speaking of trends, I think Lebron set a trend for traveling.. just saying..:shrug: :)

LeBron wasn't even born when they decided to stop caring about traveling in the NBA

naps
08-30-2011, 08:14 PM
It's funny how people here are stating the facts that Wade-LeBron didn't start this trend but the same people (not all) bash then in other threads because they got together, can't win alone, etc etc.

Cosmic_Canon
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM

They don't hear you though

ne3xchamps
08-30-2011, 11:07 PM
wade who? **** him anyways. All stars have been teaming up for awhile now, just in the new age the c's did start the trend... and they have a ring to show for it.

ne3xchamps
08-30-2011, 11:13 PM

Heat fans like you are so blind. Neither KG or Ray Allen were stringing their teams along, nor did they plan to team up in advance. The celtics actually had to trade to get it done. the two comparisons aren't even in the same ballpark. KG, Allen, and Pierce didn't cry together about not winning and wanting to join up. Its the c's front office that did it, not the players. Thanks for playing though.

Storch
08-31-2011, 03:48 AM

This.

But i'd like to also add that the boston celtics of this decade came through trades right? The heat came as free agents on their own free will.

Bruno
08-31-2011, 05:40 AM
Eh, the Spurs * died pretty quickly after they won a ring in a 50 game season. Not the biggest deal.

Winning three more after the fact helped too.

3ballbomber
08-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Fact is it doesn't matter what's been done throughout NBA history, different situations & circumstances etc. This is something different all together. Here is one of the main issue with the big 3..............

..........Lebron James throughout his NBA career has been considered the king of the NBA, the chosen one. The second coming of Jesus with the body of perfection for the game of basketball, he cannot be stopped........etc. etc. etc. To compliment all the talk Lebron adds to the hype by speaking in 3rd person about himself & acting in constant egocentric fashion without shame - Lebron completely embraces the hype, the title of king and everything else shiny, glittery, great & divine they have proclaimed & thrown at him. Thus: Lebron has been considered the GREATEST player playing in the league today & he himself embraces this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..............So when the masses criticize him, the GREAT ONE for fleeing the Cavs after failing to acquire any titles & running to Dwyane Wade, whom can be considered a top 3 talent currently in the league if not top 2, the criticism is highly justifiable!!!!!

This is just one issue and i haven't even mentioned his free agency antics, capers & premature celebrations.

Lebron & Wade are star players, faces of the NBA in their prime who are more than capable in leading their own team. Wade lead Miami to a title, while Lebron to the NBA finals - So Absolutely it is justifiable to criticize any of these 2 teaming with one another in order to acquire a title...........in Lebrons case, since he couldn't get one on his own & all i mentioned above criticism is even more justifiable. Furthermore It's down right shameful, a cop out & not sure how he cannot be embarrassed by his decision. Instead he celebrated and boasted about..............now i don't know about you but this is not something i can allow my children to look up to or admire. Their are no values here, absolutely nothing!!

Ya damn straight all of this is self inflicted. As soon as Lebron & Wade can show some class, humbleness, maturity & practice values & principals the criticism "May" cease. But until then the criticism will continue and yes even after 1 title. It will take more than a title or 2 to justify everything they have done.