PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Wilson
08-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Hello everyone, I'm curious to know if there are any Formula 1 fans on PSD. I've tried to start watching it again recently and am fairly unknowledgeable, although I am enjoying it.

Any other fans here?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-29-2011, 04:15 AM
I have watched formula 1 from 1997 season.

Always have been a Mclaren supporter, and Hamilton is my favourite driver right now.

Wilson
08-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice one :D

I've gravitated towards the British drivers, I already knew Hamilton just from seeing the news over the past few years. It's good to see Button doing well too.

It looks like Hamilton has lost any chance of the driver's championship after his accident yesterday though, what did you make of that? Was it Hamilton's or the other driver's fault?

dynasty7961
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I havent watched it, but it looks like great racing, i never know when its on

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice one :D

I've gravitated towards the British drivers, I already knew Hamilton just from seeing the news over the past few years. It's good to see Button doing well too.

It looks like Hamilton has lost any chance of the driver's championship after his accident yesterday though, what did you make of that? Was it Hamilton's or the other driver's fault?

hamilton has had a lot of bad luck this year, but that crash was just a racing accident.

The chase for driver's championship was over like couple of races ago though imo.

Wilson
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Lewis has taken full responsibility for the accident:

Lewis Hamilton has apologised to his McLaren team and taken the blame for his crash with Kamui Kobayshi's Sauber that ended his Belgian Grand Prix.

"After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought I was past," he Tweeted.

"Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me."

Team-mate Jenson Button, who came third from 13th on the grid, said "little mistakes" cost him a chance of victory.

Hamilton crashed out after colliding with Kobayashi into the braking zone for Les Combes, having just passed the Japanese driver up the hill for fourth position.

It was the 2008 world champion's second retirement of his season after a coming-together with Button in June had brought his Canadian Grand Prix to an early end.

Immediately after the incident in Spa, before revising his opinion online, Hamilton said he did not believe he was culpable for his most recent collision.

"I'm not really quite sure [what happened] to be honest," Hamilton said. "I just remember hitting the wall pretty hard.

"It's a bit unfortunate for the team, we were in a good position and as far as I was concerned I was ahead of whoever it was I was racing and then I just got hit by them and that was my race over. That's motor racing. There has been a lot of races where we haven't finished this year, so that's just another one of them."

The race stewards - who included 1992 world champion Nigel Mansell - decided to take no further action regarding the collision.

On Saturday Button had blamed a "miscommunication" with his team for his poor qualifying result, saying he chose to cool his tyres, not realising he did not have time to do another flying lap in the second phase of qualifying.

"A misunderstanding in qualifying cost us a lot of points," said Button. "If we can stop the little mistakes happening we can win races."

But following the race the 2009 world champion said that even starting from 13th he could have challenged Red Bull duo, race-winner Sebastian Vettel and second-placed Mark Webber, had his car not been damaged by debris from crashes ahead of him at the first corner of the race.

"If I'd stayed in 13th at the start it would have been easier but Turn One was mayhem caused by the guys up front," said Button, who is now fourth in the championship.

"[Paul] di Resta hit my rear wing, or we collided, it damaged my rear wing, half the endplate was gone, and then driving to Eau Rouge someone's rear wing came off and went through my front wing and took the wing mirror off, which was scary.

"I wanted to pit immediately, but the guys said we needed to keep going until lap five. We did, then put options on and then it was a case of flat out for the rest of the race.

"All weekend the car felt great, the balance has been phenomenal. So it was a case of what might have been but it was a good finish to get on the podium.

"I feel confident in the car and hopefully in Monza we can be competitive."

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said Button's qualifying disaster might have cost him the win.

"Jenson's was the drive of the day," Whitmarsh said. "If we could have got him up the front of the grid where he could and should have been he would have been a contender today."

Unlike Button, Hamilton said he did not think he would have been in a position to challenge for victory.

"I think we were struggling," he said. "For whatever reason we were massively slow on the straight, massively, massively slow and I guess that's really what got us in that position [to collide] really.

"Everyone was just pulling away from me on the straights and I was only able to keep up on the infield. I think we probably had a little bit too much downforce on. Nonetheless we were in a good position still, we were still able to challenge and I got past one of the Ferraris. We maybe have been able to have at least got a podium."

BBC.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14701797.stm)

Wilson
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Monza this weekend, anyone watching?

I'll probably end up missing the qualifying but I'm going to be flicking between the race and the football on during the day. Or I might record the qualifying and race and watch them on Monday.

It's a pretty nice track as well.

BirdIsTheWord
09-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Hey Wilson thanks for the message. Nice to see a few F1 fans on PSD. I'm a fan of Mark Webber (he's Australian, I'm Australian, so of course) myself and the Red Bull team in general. Fairly new to watching it, this being my first season really getting into it and have been really enjoying it. Hope more fans post here in the future.

LegendX
09-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Fernando Alonso all the way :D

I never thought there were any F1 fans on this site other than myself.

Unfortunately it looks as if Vettel is going to win the Championship and it appears Red Bull will win the constructor's championship too. I hope Ferrari, especially Alonso, win at Monza this weekend, it's going to be a great race and am happy to see two DRS zones like in Montreal. I hope to one day go to Monza and watch the race, I'd also love to go to the Monte Carlo and Spa races one day.

I also hope Bruno Senna does well, for some reason I've always liked him and I wasn't surprised at all at how well he did at Spa.

Also, those of you that are F1 fans, if you haven't seen it or heard of it I strongly recommend watching the movie 'Senna', a movie about Ayrton Senna, Bruno's uncle.

Here's to hoping there's a Ferrarri 1 2 at Monza! :clap: :p

Wilson
09-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Yeah I worry that I might have picked the wrong time to start watching with the championships looking pretty much locked up. It's still really interesting to see the work that goes into it, and I'm really amazed at how quick they can go around corners :p

I had a go in the Ferrari F1 car on Gran Turismo 5 and after a while I just find it impossible to keep on the track :o

I will be rooting for McLaren all the way :cool:

LegendX
09-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah I worry that I might have picked the wrong time to start watching with the championships looking pretty much locked up. It's still really interesting to see the work that goes into it, and I'm really amazed at how quick they can go around corners :p

I had a go in the Ferrari F1 car on Gran Turismo 5 and after a while I just find it impossible to keep on the track :o

I will be rooting for McLaren all the way :cool:

Nah it's never too late to pick it up, even with Seb winning most of the races or making a podium finish, almost all of the races have been interesting and fun to watch.

You're also playing the wrong game if you want to drive an F1 car :p F1 2011 comes out in a matter of weeks - I have it pre-order :) - and if it's anything like 2010 it's going to be amazing - everything I've heard is that it's better, and includes the new tires, DRS, and Kers.

As for McLaren, I like Button and Hamilton but they're racing for the wrong team, so they can just come in last place for all I care :D And I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see 'The Great One' win a race.

-----

Practice One: (Top 10) (too lazy to post times)

Hamilton
Button
Vettel
Webber
Sutil
Petrov
Alonso
Massa
Perez
Alguesuari

Practice two:

Vettel
Hamilton
Schumacher
Massa
Alonso
Webber
Button
Perez
Kobayashi
Senna

---

P3 begins in roughly 10 hours, in 13 hours qualifying begins.

Wilson
09-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Nah it's never too late to pick it up, even with Seb winning most of the races or making a podium finish, almost all of the races have been interesting and fun to watch.

You're also playing the wrong game if you want to drive an F1 car :p F1 2011 comes out in a matter of weeks - I have it pre-order :) - and if it's anything like 2010 it's going to be amazing - everything I've heard is that it's better, and includes the new tires, DRS, and Kers.

As for McLaren, I like Button and Hamilton but they're racing for the wrong team, so they can just come in last place for all I care :D And I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see 'The Great One' win a race.

Tell me about it. I just thought I'd check it out though, I got to the point in the game where you can do the endurance races and while some of them are cool, I just don't have the time for most of them (I don't think I'll ever do the 9 hour or 24 hour ones). So I'm just trying out different cars at the moment.

I'm definitely picking up F1 2011 at some point. I don't think I'll get it as soon as it comes out, I'm a bit short of cash and I've already put some aside for Fifa :p

Didn't catch the practices today, definitely watching the qualifying tomorrow though.

BirdIsTheWord
09-09-2011, 09:49 PM
My friend has been pestering me to get F1 2011 when it comes out but I'm pretty low on cash but I've seen a few videos on youtube and it look amazing so I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually. As for Monza I'll miss Qualifying tonight, off to a party, but I'll definetly be watching the race tomorrow.

LegendX
09-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Tell me about it. I just thought I'd check it out though, I got to the point in the game where you can do the endurance races and while some of them are cool, I just don't have the time for most of them (I don't think I'll ever do the 9 hour or 24 hour ones). So I'm just trying out different cars at the moment.

I'm definitely picking up F1 2011 at some point. I don't think I'll get it as soon as it comes out, I'm a bit short of cash and I've already put some aside for Fifa :p

Didn't catch the practices today, definitely watching the qualifying tomorrow though.

I've never played GT5 (or any of them) but yeah, I strongly suggest getting F1 2011 as soon as you can, I was in love with 2010 - which was considered the best F1 game ever - and I already have 2011 pre-ordered (and Fifa for that matter :p).

Qualifying will be interesting, I'll be surprised to see Red Bull on pole position considring they have more speed in the corners rather than straight-line/top speed and Monza isn't a track you would expect Red Bull to be incredibly fast in, look for McLaren or Ferrari to get pole. With that said, nobody really expected much from Red Bull - in terms of pure speed - at Spa and yet they still did incredibly well and won.

jetsforever
09-09-2011, 11:34 PM
When I was younger I watched F1 a lot. Ferrari with Schumaccher and Berrichello were great times.

And yeah I probably spelled one of the two names wrong (at least) but I don't feel like checking it out.

BirdIsTheWord
09-10-2011, 01:11 AM
I put a link to this forum in my sig so hopefully we can get more fans chatting it up in here.

LegendX
09-10-2011, 01:31 AM
When I was younger I watched F1 a lot. Ferrari with Schumaccher and Berrichello were great times.

And yeah I probably spelled one of the two names wrong (at least) but I don't feel like checking it out.

Schumacher
Barrichello

:p

Are you still a Ferrari man or do I have to kill you?

LegendX
09-10-2011, 06:05 AM
P3 has finished and surprisingly Nico Rosberg was fastest.

Top Ten (in order):

Rosberg
Button
Vettel
Schumacher
Alonso
Webber
Massa
Hamilton
Perez
Kobayashi

Qualifying begins in 2 hours.

Wilson
09-10-2011, 06:37 AM
I put a link to this forum in my sig so hopefully we can get more fans chatting it up in here.

Good idea, I'll do the same

LegendX
09-10-2011, 08:03 AM
I love this Monza track.

Alonso is on the track <3

Looking at the design of the Monza track, it could probably do with three DRS zones.

LegendX
09-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Well like I said I'd be shocked and I am, Vettel is on pole position, from what the BBC commentators are saying he ran a different gear setup than what most drivers would have.

1 - Vettel
2 - Hamilton
3 - Button
4 - Alonso
5 - Webber
6 - Massa
7 - Petrov
8 - Schumacher
9 - Rosberg
10 - Senna

jetsforever
09-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Schumacher
Barrichello

:p

Are you still a Ferrari man or do I have to kill you?

I do still cheer for Ferrari. I just don't follow the sport as much. I like to talk about it with my grandfather though so I usually tune in.

Wilson
09-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Well like I said I'd be shocked and I am, Vettel is on pole position, from what the BBC commentators are saying he ran a different gear setup than what most drivers would have.

1 - Vettel
2 - Hamilton
3 - Button
4 - Alonso
5 - Webber
6 - Massa
7 - Petrov
8 - Schumacher
9 - Rosberg
10 - Senna

I can't remember exactly what it was, but Red Bull set one of their drivers up better for the corners and one better for the straights.

LegendX
09-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I can't remember exactly what it was, but Red Bull set one of their drivers up better for the corners and one better for the straights.

Well everybody but Mark Webber is using a new engine, I'm not sure how else he was setup, but I do know Vettel had his car setup so the gears were "shorter" (hitting the rev limiter a lot sooner). I still have hope for Fernando to win, starting on the second row of the grid he'll be in with a chance, but he's got to get past two McLarens and a Red Bull.

BirdIsTheWord
09-11-2011, 12:21 AM
I hope Mark Webber gets on the podium but I'm not seeing it. Hamilton is my pick to win it.

Wilson
09-11-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm recording the race and probably watching it tomorrow. I'll check in with you guys then, enjoy the race :cheers:

LegendX
09-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I guess I will stay quiet about the race then and not ruin it for you or anyone else :p

LegendX
09-11-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm probably going to eat my words, but after hearing everything I've heard so far, I'm going to say right now that Vettel won't win at Monza.

I hope to see Ricciardo do well and beat Liuzzi.

Race is about to begin :clap:

Here we go....

LegendX
09-11-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm probably going to eat my words, but after hearing everything I've heard so far, I'm going to say right now that Vettel won't win at Monza.

I hope to see Ricciardo do well and beat Liuzzi.

Race is about to begin :clap:

Here we go....

(anything about the race I'll put in white)

I deserve about a billion facepalms right now...talk about a jinx. :facepalm:

LegendX
09-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Spolier:

Ugh, I'm eating my words, lol. After a fantastic start by Alonso he proceeded to do basically nothing after relinquishing the lead shortly after to Vettel then putting up almost no fight against Button.

Top 3 were Vettel-Button-Alonso. Not completely disappointing with 3rd position but I was dying for a win from Alonso.

Schumacher raced well, Hamilton didn't give up all race and neither did Button. Massa raced well and I'm happy to see Senna finished in the points. Vettel now leads the Championship by 112 points ahead of Alonso and if lucky, he can win the Championship at the next race in Singapore.

Luca68
09-11-2011, 10:03 AM
hahahhaa :) i taped it too !

im glad to see some formula one fans in here, im 18 and have probably watched since i can remember, i love it!<3 ive always been a jarno trulli fan ever since he got into formula one even tho hes never been in a good enough car to succeed lmao. but im glad i found this threaad :D

LegendX
09-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Trulli had a good car back when he and Alonso were racing for Renault. Trulli is a bit of an odd favorite, haha.

Luca68
09-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Trulli had a good car back when he and Alonso were racing for Renault. Trulli is a bit of an odd favorite, haha.

that was when he actually one a race lol :) i know i was just really young and always stuck with him haha, im liking massa a lot right now tho

LegendX
09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah I like Massa - of course I do I'm a Ferrari fanboy :D - but he hasn't been the same driver since he had that horrible accident in Hungary, which is sad really because he could've been a world champion at some point - not saying he still can't be, but it just looks a lot less likely.

Luca68
09-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah I like Massa - of course I do I'm a Ferrari fanboy :D - but he hasn't been the same driver since he had that horrible accident in Hungary, which is sad really because he could've been a world champion at some point - not saying he still can't be, but it just looks a lot less likely.

yea thats very true, i still believe hes gonna be a champion oneday, me being italian i also really like ferrari, i used to hate them as a kid but really like them now. Vettel is just dominating tho.

LegendX
09-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Not saying Vettel isn't a fantastic driver - he is - but that car is phenomenal, Adrian Newey is an absolute genius that knows how to design and develop cars. It's also obvious that Vettel gets everything over Webber, I think Webber would be just as good as Vettel if he was given the same treatment.

This is a lost season for Ferrari, they won't win anything this year, hopefully they've developed their car well for next year.

Luca68
09-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Not saying Vettel isn't a fantastic driver - he is - but that car is phenomenal, Adrian Newey is an absolute genius that knows how to design and develop cars. It's also obvious that Vettel gets everything over Webber, I think Webber would be just as good as Vettel if he was given the same treatment.

This is a lost season for Ferrari, they won't win anything this year, hopefully they've developed their car well for next year.

this is ferrari's rebuilding year this year. Yeaa that car is absolutely crazy good, but i believe that vetterl is still an amazing driver, like this year and last year have been domination for him.

Wilson
09-12-2011, 09:16 AM

Yeah I remember them asking Webber to back off Vettel a few weeks ago, can't remember what race it was. But RB basically asked Webber to just hold fort at second place and not push for first.

I like the way McLaren did it (and I am being a bit of a homer here), they let their drivers push each other and actually race each other.

Not sure what to make of Schumacher's race yesterday. He obviously was driving really well but he did have a couple of dirty moments; almost pushing Hamilton off the track and a double move at one point. I was glad to see Hamilton push forward and nearly get up to third though.

Good race for Jenson.

LegendX
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
this is ferrari's rebuilding year this year. Yeaa that car is absolutely crazy good, but i believe that vetterl is still an amazing driver, like this year and last year have been domination for him.

Yeah, next year will be the year my boy Fernando wins the Championship and the prancing horse takes its place at the top, where it belongs. :p

I have no doubt at all that Vettel is a great driver, I'm simply saying that I think the car plays a bigger role than what people give credit for. Also, just nit-picking, but I wouldn't call Vettel dominant last year simply because he didn't have the championship wrapped up until the final race. This year, however, it's been pretty much a one man race.

Yeah I remember them asking Webber to back off Vettel a few weeks ago, can't remember what race it was. But RB basically asked Webber to just hold fort at second place and not push for first.

I like the way McLaren did it (and I am being a bit of a homer here), they let their drivers push each other and actually race each other.

Not sure what to make of Schumacher's race yesterday. He obviously was driving really well but he did have a couple of dirty moments; almost pushing Hamilton off the track and a double move at one point. I was glad to see Hamilton push forward and nearly get up to third though.

Good race for Jenson.

If I remember correctly, it was at Silverstone or Hungary - I think it mag be the latter - when Horner gave orders to Webber to "maintain the gap". I hate team orders, let your drivers race, I even hated it when Ferrari did it to Barrichello.

I absolutely love how McLaren let Button and Hamilton go at it - mostly due to the relationship those two have with one another.

As for Schumacher, he did what he's always done, he pushed it to the limit. Technically, he didn't break any rules, Coultard summed it up nicely though, you can do it, but it's not appreciated. I think Schumacher has proven that he still has it, if he had a better car he'd be close in the race for second (in the championship).

Jensen had a great race, made Hamilton look incredibly foolish when he passed Schumacher with his first attempt with ease. A little disappointed with Alonso not fighting for first and letting Vettel get away easily then getting passed by Button. Oh well, Alonso held on tk third and scored Ferrari's 650th podium in Formula 1 history - and the crowd still went crazy for him.

On a random note, I've been doing some thinking and I honestly believe that while Ross Brawn is with Mercedes that either Schumacher or Rosberg (or maybe someone else racing for Merc) will win a championship withinthe next few years - the last three teams Brawn has been with, one of the drivers has won the championship; Benneton, Ferrari, Brawn GP (now Mercedes).

Luca68
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
i heard a few people say vettel could be the next great, i wasnt old enough to see it but ive done a ton of research and watched a ton of videos of senna, and he is honestly the most ispirational and amazing person ever. Probably the greatest driver of all time.

LegendX
09-13-2011, 04:22 AM
i heard a few people say vettel could be the next great, i wasnt old enough to see it but ive done a ton of research and watched a ton of videos of senna, and he is honestly the most ispirational and amazing person ever. Probably the greatest driver of all time.

Vettel certainly could be the next great, but it's too early to tell for now.

Michael Schumacher's 7 world championships beg to differ about who the greatest driver of all time is.

Luca68
09-13-2011, 05:35 PM
senna passed before he could do much more, so its hard to say but those are definately yop 2 in my books.

LegendX
09-13-2011, 08:48 PM
senna passed before he could do much more, so its hard to say but those are definately yop 2 in my books.

He was definitely great, I have them as 1a and 1b. But it is hard to argue against 7 world Championships, 5 of them won in a row.

Hellcrooner
09-14-2011, 12:11 AM
f1 is a hoax nowdays.

the car makes it all.

if they had to drive the exact same car vettel wouldnt even sniff the bottoms of lewis and fernando.

Luca68
09-14-2011, 12:28 AM
any driver now a days wouldnt be able to sniff the bottoms of ayrton senna, schumi in his prime, gilles or jacques villenuve and even alain prost.

EDIT: even mika hakkinen. :)

LegendX
09-14-2011, 04:17 AM
False, Mikka could go toe-to-toe with any driver that ever existed.

Michael Schumacher himself said that Mikka was the only driver he feared and he's also stated numerous times that the years where him and Mikka battled were the best years of his career.

....unless I read what you said in the wrong context and you meant they couldn't sniff Mikka, lol.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I think Alonso is the best driver in the world, he just doesn't have the car to prove it.

Wilson
09-14-2011, 06:50 AM
f1 is a hoax nowdays.

the car makes it all.

if they had to drive the exact same car vettel wouldnt even sniff the bottoms of lewis and fernando.

That doesn't make it a hoax. It's not like the car just fell out of the sky, there are some really good mechanics working on that thing. I know I'm new to F1 but I like that you need to have a whole team working their ***** off now, not just two drivers.

Luca68
09-14-2011, 08:15 AM
False, Mikka could go toe-to-toe with any driver that ever existed.

Michael Schumacher himself said that Mikka was the only driver he feared and he's also stated numerous times that the years where him and Mikka battled were the best years of his career.

....unless I read what you said in the wrong context and you meant they couldn't sniff Mikka, lol.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I think Alonso is the best driver in the world, he just doesn't have the car to prove it.

no noo i meant that they couldnt sniff mika, he was on of the greats and probably one of my favourite drivers ever.

LegendX
09-14-2011, 08:51 AM
f1 is a hoax nowdays.

the car makes it all.

I agree that if Alonso had the same car he'd be better than Vettel, but F1 has always been a team sport, the car is definitely important, but to call it a hoax and say it's all the car is ridiculous.

Luca68
09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
alonso is a fantastic driver, no matter what car he's still a great driver. Same with vettel

Wilson
09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Fears that next month's inaugural Indian Grand Prix could be scrapped due to tax issues have been eased by the race's organisers.

Speculation that India's tax authorities were unwilling to grant Formula One teams a tax exemption on their equipment, on the basis they do not consider the October 30 race to be of national importance, had thrown the race into uncertainty.

Speaking at the Italian Grand Prix, McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh, who also serves as chairman of the Formula One Teams' Association, said the matter "was not straightforward", with teams expressing "serious" concerns over the estimated tax bill, believed to be just over £1million.

However, Indian Grand Prix organisers Jaypee Sports International (JPSI) have now said they are ready to step in and pick up any tax costs the teams incur.

JPSI chief executive Sameer Gaur said in a statement: "JPSI has full support from the government, the sports ministry and the customs department for the F1 event scheduled for October this year.

"We have an in-principle approval from the customs department for creating a customs bonded area for F1 equipment that will be temporarily imported to India.

"If required, as per the law of the land, JPSI will pay customs duties and taxes etc for the temporary import of equipment.

"The estimated value of this equipment is about Rs.150 crore (£20million) and the final duty payable on this will be approximately Rs.8 crore (£1million)."

Sky Sports (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12433_7176997,00.html)

LegendX
09-14-2011, 11:46 PM
India better be friggin good or Formula 1 won't go back.

All I know is that I'm looking forward to Singapore, Alonso should dominate, he's pretty darn good there. I think it shows how good he is with only one race win and he's in 2nd place in the standings. Next year Ferrari will dominate if they produce a good car.

Also, SEVEN MORE DAYS UNTIL FORMULA 1 2011!!!!! :jumpy:

Luca68
09-15-2011, 01:15 PM
im sooo pumpeddd for thaaat!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-17-2011, 05:34 PM
wow this thread is pumping:dance:

didnt even check the motor sports forum lol.

Luca68
09-17-2011, 11:56 PM
yeaaa man happy theres some formula one fans here :D

LegendX
09-19-2011, 05:45 PM
2 more days then the release, 4 more days then qualifying

LegendX
09-21-2011, 03:56 AM
Don't let this thread die :(

BirdIsTheWord
09-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Don't let this thread die :(

I don't think it will, there just hasn't been a race in 2 weeks. We'll have plenty to talk about on the weekend for the Singapore GP.

BirdIsTheWord
09-21-2011, 04:04 AM
And we can talk F1 2011 when any of us get it, which I'm pretty sure I will be, maybe not tomorrow but soonish I hope.

Luca68
09-21-2011, 09:22 AM
just a little down time for this threaad lol, yea i dont know if ill be gettign it as soon as it comes out but i will definately be getting it soonish :D, im excited for this race also!

Wilson
09-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I'll hopefully get F1 2011 in two weeks. I'm not too great for money at the moment so anything I have spare is going on FIFA 12 :p

We should hopefully get some news about this weekend's race pretty soon, that will help breath some life back into this thread.

LegendX
09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I'll hopefully get F1 2011 in two weeks. I'm not too great for money at the moment so anything I have spare is going on FIFA 12 :p

We should hopefully get some news about this weekend's race pretty soon, that will help breath some life back into this thread.

I'm getting out of bed shortly and will have my new copy of F1 in about an hour. :p

I hope Massa does well, in his very first race at Singapore he was on pole but came 13th, the next year hedidnt race due to that nasty injury, and last year he didn't finish because of gearbox problems.

LegendX
09-21-2011, 09:38 PM
About to play the game now, it looks absolutely beautiful. It had a nice start to the loading of the game - like a lot of games had a little preview of gameplay and such - they basically recreated some things that happened in real life - Petrov flying through the air in Malaysia, Button and Hamilton bumping into each other in Montreal, Button pressuring Vettel causing him to spin out in Montreal. It's so far so good, now I'm crazy and do every lap of almost every race, I'll let you guys know how good it is.

I also wish we didn't have cray time zones and that I had a better Internet connection, I'd love to do a co-op championship with someone.

BirdIsTheWord
09-21-2011, 11:10 PM
About to play the game now, it looks absolutely beautiful. It had a nice start to the loading of the game - like a lot of games had a little preview of gameplay and such - they basically recreated some things that happened in real life - Petrov flying through the air in Malaysia, Button and Hamilton bumping into each other in Montreal, Button pressuring Vettel causing him to spin out in Montreal. It's so far so good, now I'm crazy and do every lap of almost every race, I'll let you guys know how good it is.

I also wish we didn't have cray time zones and that I had a better Internet connection, I'd love to do a co-op championship with someone.

Did you get it on Xbox 360?

LegendX
09-22-2011, 01:36 AM
I got the game on Xbox, yes.

Just finished my first race an let me just say...

I hope Jarno Trulli, Vitantonio Liuzzi and the pit crew for Williams burn in Hell.

I qualified 2nd, lead for most of the race and the only times I would ever screw up was when I was trying to lap/pass Trulli and Liuzzi. I literally screwed up about 10 times. As for the pit crew, they really screwed me. Lap 10 I fiddle with the controls to see what I need to press to change tires and nothing worked, come lap 48 it starts raining quite a lot, I go into the pit expecting to change to the right tires but nope, they put another set of primes on, I spin out, play with the controls again and suddenly I can change my tires.

I went from 2nd to 18th. :sigh: piece of crap

Other than that, it's a great game : laugh2:

Those that haven't played 2010 you're probably better off not having played it, 2011 is much smoother and took me a bit to get use to it.

Luca68
09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
I got the game on Xbox, yes.

Just finished my first race an let me just say...

I hope Jarno Trulli, Vitantonio Liuzzi and the pit crew for Williams burn in Hell.

I qualified 2nd, lead for most of the race and the only times I would ever screw up was when I was trying to lap/pass Trulli and Liuzzi. I literally screwed up about 10 times. As for the pit crew, they really screwed me. Lap 10 I fiddle with the controls to see what I need to press to change tires and nothing worked, come lap 48 it starts raining quite a lot, I go into the pit expecting to change to the right tires but nope, they put another set of primes on, I spin out, play with the controls again and suddenly I can change my tires.

I went from 2nd to 18th. :sigh: piece of crap

Other than that, it's a great game : laugh2:

Those that haven't played 2010 you're probably better off not having played it, 2011 is much smoother and took me a bit to get use to it.

hey dont hate on my jarno trulli :)

do you know if its out for ps3?

LegendX
09-23-2011, 12:16 AM
hey dont hate on my jarno trulli :)

do you know if its out for ps3?

It's out on PS3

BirdIsTheWord
09-23-2011, 02:19 AM
Just ordered F1 2011, hopefully it comes next week.

BirdIsTheWord
09-23-2011, 08:45 AM
First practice results:

Pos No Driver Team Time/Retired Gap Laps
1 3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:48.599 10
2 1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:49.005 0.406 15
3 2 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1:50.066 1.467 16
4 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:50.596 1.997 11
5 4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:50.952 2.353 12
6 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:52.043 3.444 14
7 14 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:52.251 3.652 13
8 7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1:52.416 3.817 12
9 15 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1:52.435 3.836 13
10 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:52.815 4.216 13
11 11 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:52.991 4.392 17
12 19 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari 1:53.050 4.451 17
13 12 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1:53.399 4.800 18
14 17 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1:53.703 5.104 19
15 16 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:53.749 5.150 12
16 9 Bruno Senna Renault 1:53.765 5.166 17
17 18 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1:53.785 5.186 16
18 10 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:54.736 6.137 8
19 21 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1:54.821 6.222 9
20 20 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1:56.198 7.599 8
21 25 Jerome d'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1:57.798 9.199 13
22 24 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:58.792 10.193 6
23 22 Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1:59.169 10.570 17
24 23 Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1:59.214 10.615 18

Luca68
09-23-2011, 09:08 AM
lewis on top, pretty big for mclaren so far. Sutil in 7th thats impressive :clap:

LegendX
09-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I just want it to be Sunday :(

Wilson
09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
I heard Button had a nightmare in practice but Hamilton did pretty well. Hope they can both get it together on Sunday.

BirdIsTheWord
09-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Practice 2 results:

Pos No Driver Team Time/Retired Gap Laps
1 1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:46.374 33
2 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:46.575 0.201 28
3 3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:47.115 0.741 22
4 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:47.120 0.746 23
5 2 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1:47.265 0.891 28
6 7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1:48.418 2.044 27
7 14 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:48.866 2.492 32
8 17 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1:49.578 3.204 27
9 16 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:49.730 3.356 29
10 4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:49.751 3.377 10
11 19 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari 1:49.792 3.418 14
12 9 Bruno Senna Renault 1:50.241 3.867 31
13 15 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1:50.345 3.971 8
14 10 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:50.399 4.025 29
15 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:50.790 4.416 28
16 11 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:50.897 4.523 24
17 12 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1:50.937 4.563 30
18 20 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1:51.950 5.576 26
19 18 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1:52.257 5.883 15
20 21 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1:52.489 6.115 25
21 24 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:53.579 7.205 25
22 25 Jerome d'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1:54.649 8.275 25
23 22 Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1:54.754 8.380 29
24 23 Vitantonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth 1:55.198 8.824 26

LegendX
09-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Liuzzi is really starting to piss me off, he NEVER gets out of the way so it's a frigging pain to get past him and he costs me positions.

LegendX
09-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Eh, ive decided I'm just going to do 3 laps every race so I can try get into a better car for the next season.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 09:56 AM
This looks like a beautiful track, wish I had HD :p

Not seen any of the practice but qualifying is about to start, I'll be watching that.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah Singapore looks amazing - it's a pain in the *** in the F1 game, haha.

I hope Ferrari sorts out those issues with Alonso's car, he's fast enough to get pole position.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Not sure if you guys are aware but here's an interesting fact about Marina Bay:

The lighting on the track is setup to simulate the light drivers would get in a daytime race.

I personally find that interesting how they are able to simulate daytime light.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Q1:

1. Vet 1:46.397
2. But 1:46.956
3. Ham 1:47.016
4. Alo 1:47.056
5. Web 1:47.332
6. Ros 1:47.332
7. Per 1:47.717
8. Mas 1:47.965
9. Sut 1:47.952
10. Dir 1:48.022
11. Kob 1:48.056
12. Bar 1:48.061
13. Bue 1:48.753
14. Msc 1:48.819
15. Sen 1:48.861
16. Alg 1:49.588
17. Mal 1:49.710

dnq: Pet, kov, tru, glo, dam, ric, liu

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Not sure if you guys are aware but here's an interesting fact about Marina Bay:

The lighting on the track is setup to simulate the light drivers would get in a daytime race.

I personally find that interesting how they are able to simulate daytime light.

When I did photography at uni we had a lightbox that simulated natural light, for checking prints to make sure you'd balanced all the colours correctly. It's a fairly common technology now I think.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:31 AM
True, but a lightbox is a lot different to lighting a race track used by F1 cars :p

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah good point :p

Hamilton goes out early after struggling with his car. More problems for McLaren.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I love hearing "More problems for McLaren" :p

But that normally means they're going to have a great race, lol.

I just hope Alonso pulls his finger out.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobayashi with a really bad crash. Hit the kerb to quickly and took off into the wall. Ouch.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Where Kobayashi crashed, on F1 2010, if you slightly touch the chicane you spin out and meet the walls - thankfully fixed on 2011.

Massa needs a good time here.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I love hearing "More problems for McLaren" :p

But that normally means they're going to have a great race, lol.

I just hope Alonso pulls his finger out.

If he does it could be an amazing race. Vettel, Webber and Button just turned in great qualifying laps so if Alonso and Hamilton get up there too and stay accident free through the first few corners tomorrow, it would be an amazing race.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:47 AM
****ing hell it's just one thing after another for Hamilton. A puncture on one of his rear tyres now, I don't think he's going to get back out for another lap.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:47 AM
If he does it could be an amazing race. Vettel, Webber and Button just turned in great qualifying laps so if Alonso and Hamilton get up there too and stay accident free through the first few corners tomorrow, it would be an amazing race.

Alonso is pretty good at Marina Bay, he won last year.

Lol things get worse for McLaren....

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:48 AM
****ing hell it's just one thing after another for Hamilton. A puncture on one of his rear tyres now, I don't think he's going to get back out for another lap.

He will be/is safe.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Lol, Hamilton loses a set of tires :)

Why can't these damn things happen to Vettel? **** always happens to Webber.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Q2:

1. VET 1:44.931
2. BUT 1:45.472
3. WEB 1:45.651
4. ALO 1:45.779
5. MAS 1:45.955
6. MSC 1:46.043
7. ROS 1:46.405
8. HAM 1:46.829
9. SUT 1:47.093
10. DIR 1:47.486

DNQ: PER, BAR, MAL, BUE, SEN, ALG, KOB

I hope Hamilton can get it together for Q3.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I hope he can't :) But he'll have a good race, qualifying maybe not.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Sometimes I wish Qualifying was longer and they had more tires and had to do more laps. Would he mOre fun.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 10:58 AM
LOL Hamilton almost screwed up again

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Puncture for Hamilton means he'll be missing a set of super soft during the race. Jesus.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Sometimes I wish Qualifying was longer and they had more tires and had to do more laps. Would he mOre fun.

You would think they'd cater it to the track. It seems weird that a long track like this and a short one like Monza have the same amount of qualifying time.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Vettel is always ****ing faster. God it's frustrating rooting against him, and I've only been doing it for a month and a half :laugh:

LegendX
09-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Don't worry, next year you'll be rooting against Fernando :)

While Vettel is a great driver, he does have a car designed by Adrian Newey.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 11:05 AM
LOL Hamilton can't do another run.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Here I am laughing at Hamilton and Alonso's car is a piece of **** :facepalm:

Wilson
09-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Don't worry, next year you'll be rooting against Fernando :)

While Vettel is a great driver, he does have a car designed by Adrian Newey.

Yeah him and his team have it all at the moment. He's caught a few breaks that you can't prepare for as well it seems (such as getting his lap in right before the red light earlier today). Meanwhile McLaren are making unforced errors that are being compounded by general bad luck.

Webber steals second place on the grid and Button pushes Hamilton to 4th. Not quite a disaster and I'm sure Hamilton and Button will push the Red Bulls tomorrow, but it must be tough to get pushed off the front line right at the end like that.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Alonso is going to win - blind faith :laugh2:

I don't like Horner, he seems like such a douche.

Wilson
09-24-2011, 11:29 AM
1. S. Vettel

2. M. Webber

3. J. Button

4. L. Hamilton

5. F. Alonso

6. F. Massa

7. N. Rosenberg

8. M. Schumacher

9. A. Sutil

10. P. Di Resta

11. S. Perez

12. R. Barrichello

13. P. Maldonardo

14. S. Buemi

15. B. Senna

16. J. Alguersuari

17. K. Kobayashi

18. V. Petrov

19. H. Kovalainen

20. J. Trulli

Looking forward to tomorrow.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 12:15 PM
:sigh: So I finished my first season in Formula 1 and I was driving for AT&T Williams, I did a lot of 3 lap races so I could end the season and get a new contract with another team. I was ultimately hoping to sign with Ferrari but that didn't happen. I only got offers from Virgin, HRT, Lotus, Sauber, Force India and of course Williams, so I decided to stick with Williams even though Sauber and Force India probably have faster cars....looks like I'll be doing another season full of 3 lap races :sigh:

Oh, and for the record, I dominated, won the championship by 120+ points - didn't get constructor's though because Barrichello is garbage, lol. :)

Wilson
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Haha unlucky dude. Must be annoying to not get an offer from one of the bigger teams after dominating the driver's championship.

LegendX
09-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah it sucks, I didn't even get an offer from Reneault or Mercedes. Oh well, if I really tried, I could get through the season in a day or two and seeing as though it's raining like it's going out of fashion I think I might.

Also, I found a pretty cool website (unfortunately it's another forum) that has all the best car setups for the race tracks so when you guys get the game I can copy the setups here if you like.

LegendX
09-25-2011, 03:08 AM
I hope Jarno Trulli dies, the bastard cost me 1st place at Monaco and I was doing all 78 laps...I ended up coming 20 something, I finished 13th but 100 seconds of time penalties because I kept "cutting corners" because I was missing my frigging front wing and couldn't turn or slow down properly. :facepalm:

BirdIsTheWord
09-25-2011, 05:07 AM
I really hope Vettel doesn't win tonight. I like the guy and he's a great driver but I'm sick of him winning, love to see Webber get up but anyone but Vettel will do.

LegendX
09-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Yeah this season is nothing like last season where it went down to the final race of the season in Brasil. I don't hate Vettel, but I don't love him either, a great driver no doubt.

LegendX
09-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Just got to see highlights from the Singapore race last year, God I hope this race is just as good - sadly last year at Singapore 5 drivers were in contention to win the Championship so either way this race won't have as much "oomph". Fernando HAS to finish on pole to make Vettel push harder in the next few races.

EDIT: a lot of rumors flying around that Kimi Raikkonen could return to Formula 1, probably racing for Williams (Barrichello likely gone?). James Allen said rumors are true and strong possibility Kimi could return, although doesn't necessarily mean he will.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/grand-prix-2011/kimi-raikkonen-back-in-f1-mix-for-williams/story-fn7q3txe-1226145105379

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Lotus-Renault, especially if Petrov continues to struggle and if Kubica can't return.

Wilson
09-25-2011, 09:45 AM
My alarm didn't go off so I overslept by two and a half hours and missed the first 50 ****ing laps :mad: :mad: :mad:

So I got up to see Vettel has a ten second lead in first and Hamilton is having to climb back from 8th place. Hoo-****ing-rah.

Wilson
09-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Looks like we're going to get a good finish with Button closing in on Vettel.

Button was 7/1 to win the race over here and I turned it down :facepalm:

EDIT: Button ended up not catching up, so a good non-bet from me :p

LegendX
09-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Lol Wilson, you would've been better off still sleeping, overall it was a boring race but Button did a great job trying to catch up - if only there were another lap or two, Button would've caught him. Ferrari have some serious issues, they just don't seem as competitive as Red Bull and McLaren, I mean, even Fernando Alonso didn't look competitive and when you have a driver like him and he isn't competitive you know there's something wrong. Hamilton did well considering the issues he faced. Di Resta and Sutil were nice surprises.

On to Suzuka!

Wilson
09-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Suzuka should be fun, it's a really nice track.

I'm going to have someone chuck a bucket of water on me before that race, I'm not missing any of it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I hope it rains in suzuka:sigh:

BirdIsTheWord
09-25-2011, 06:38 PM
I fell asleep after about 30 laps, I was nodding off throughout those aswell. Had 3 games of twenty-20 cricket that day and there was no way I could stay awake and watch the race.
From what I seen there was some good little battles but Vettel way out in front. And Mark Webber needs to learn how to start!

LegendX
09-25-2011, 07:36 PM
I fell asleep after about 30 laps, I was nodding off throughout those aswell. Had 3 games of twenty-20 cricket that day and there was no way I could stay awake and watch the race.
From what I seen there was some good little battles but Vettel way out in front. And Mark Webber needs to learn how to start!

Webber actually had a good start in comparison to his other starts, also, Ferrari and McLaren typically have more power off the line, plus Webber - as always - had issues with KERS.

BirdIsTheWord
09-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Webber actually had a good start in comparison to his other starts, also, Ferrari and McLaren typically have more power off the line, plus Webber - as always - had issues with KERS.

That's true I suppose, plus he was on the dirty side of the track.

LegendX
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
That's true I suppose, plus he was on the dirty side of the track.

Yeah, not to mention the fact that Vettel obviously has a better car.

For Vettel to LOSE the championship to Button, Button would pretty much have to finish every race in first place and Vettel has to finish out of the points in ever race.

I suppose this is Ferrari fans getting a taste of their own medicine, we got to see The Great One win race after race and championship after championship. I just hope next season is more competitive.

Edit: well I got screwed by my game again :( my team gave me a bad race strategy in terms of pit stops and Webber was able to get 15 laps out of tires that fall off a cliff after 10 laps all while maintaining a 6-7 second lead over me while I was pushing hard :sigh: and the worst thing of all was my tires were screwed by the end ofthe final lap and I ended up off the road and got passed by Vettel :( oh well, I enjoyed it, you guys need to get this game so I'm not the only one talking about it :laugh2: oh and in that race for some reason Alonso came last - Ferrari is doing terrible by their standards, 5th in constructors, Alonso is 8th and Massa 10th.

LegendX
09-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Finished my second season, won it comfortably but it went right down to Sao Paulo to win the contractors. I started on pole and Barrichello started on the front row with me. I took the lead but realized it was Barrichello's home GP so I let him past, but Massa got by me too so I had to push it, I got past hike but unfortunately knocked him off the track, I just wanted to get past and let him finish 3rd :( lol, I can't believe I was sentimental enough to let Barrichello past me so he could win his home GP :laugh2:

EDIT: I'm pissed off though because again I didn't get a contract fromany of the big name teams :mad: the best offer I got was Lotus-Renault :sigh: I stuck with Williams again.

Wilson
09-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah I really want to buy that. It looks like I'm going to have to wait, maybe until Christmas. I've landed upon a slight money problem so I'm going to have to put off luxury buys for a while :sigh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-26-2011, 12:12 PM
gonna download it soon:nod:

Wilson
09-26-2011, 03:35 PM
A furious Felipe Massa heavily criticised Lewis Hamilton after their clash at the Singapore Grand Prix.

McLaren's Hamilton was penalised after turning into Massa when fighting over seventh, breaking part of his front wing and puncturing Massa's rear tyre.

After the race, Massa tapped Hamilton on the shoulder to which the Brit responded: "Don't touch me, man."

The Ferrari driver told BBC Sport: "My thoughts are that, again, he cannot use his mind - even in qualifying."

The Brazilian added: "He has done it to me so many times this year.

"Again, he could've caused a big accident. He's paying for it and he doesn't understand that.

"It's important the FIA study this and penalise him every time."

When asked if he would tell Hamilton how he was feeling, Massa said: "Yeah, I told him. But he cannot even listen, maybe his father can imagine [what's it like to be] me."

Massa and Hamilton had an altercation in the TV interview area after the race.

The Brazilian went up to the McLaren driver as he was about to start an interview, patted his shoulder, and said: "Good job, bro."

Hamilton replied: "Don't touch me, man. Don't touch me"

He then left the TV interview area and did not give any more interviews.

Hamilton, who started the race in fourth, lost ground at the start and dropped down to eighth.

As he began his fight back through the field, he clashed with Massa as he tried a move around the outside of Turn Seven on lap 10.

The McLaren driver turned into Massa, breaking part of his front wing, while Massa was forced to limp back to the pits with a right rear puncture.

The incident followed their clash in qualifying where Hamilton was determined to get by the Brazilian before starting his flying lap in Q3 and the two nearly touched before the Ferrari driver finally let him by.

On race day, the pair, who battled for the 2008 world title right up until the final race of the season, did touch and the stewards handed Hamilton a drive-through penalty.

Massa added that if Hamilton continued to drive like he has this year, he would never add any more titles to the one he won in 2008.

"I think he's wrong," responded McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh. "Lewis is still a young guy, he's learning all the time. He'll win races and I'm sure he'll win more world championships.

"He's an aggressive and assertive driver but he'll win many more races than you or I and I'm sure he'll win championships.

"Lewis didn't deserve a drive-through penalty. It's a racing incident as far as I'm concerned.

"It would have been very easy for Lewis to have got massively frustrated but then you saw clinical and fantastic overtaking. Lots of others wouldn't have had it in them to do that.

"He has commitment and passion, he just has to control it. You have to take some risks in overtaking and he's a driver who wants to overtake in a hurry.

"Afterwards he'll regret that and maybe he could have waited another few corners but in sport and in life things go well and badly. It went badly.

"We'll have conversations but they'll be in private. Is Lewis occasionally overimpetuous? Undoubtedly yes, but he's a great driver and showed great spirit to recover."

It's not the first time Hamilton and Massa have come to blows this season, with the duo banging wheels at the hairpin in Monaco earlier this year before clashing again in the tunnel.

As a result, Massa crashed out of the race and Hamilton, who was also involved in a later incident with Pastor Maldonado's Williams, picked up a drive-through penalty and later criticised the stewards saying: "It's an absolute joke."

BBC.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15052980.stm)

What do you guys make of this?

Personally I think Massa is acting like an idiot. The incident in qualifying, all Massa is doing is heating his tyres up. Hamilton was ready to go and tried to get round him but Massa cut him off. Then Massa is the one *****ing about Hamilton afterwards.

The incident in the race was obviously bad but it was not malicious. I can see how Massa would be frustrated (anyone would be) but things like this happen, there is no need for Massa to throw a tantrum about it.

LegendX
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Well Wilson you have to take into consideration the fact that this isn't Hamilton's first time doing something stupid like this and it's not the first time Massa has had issues with Hamilton. I get that Hamilton is an aggressive driver and I like that, but there's been a few times where he's almost caused a big accident or taken other drivers out of the race. Also, with qualifying, Massa had every right to do as he did - he was infront of course, and remember he also had Alonso and Button in front of him - and he ultimately let Hamilton through anyway. Plus, having played F1 2011 online, a lot of McLaren fans - most of them British - are very critical of Hamilton about how he races and they hated how he raced in Singapore - I could say something that a McLaren fan said to me which was hilarious but I might get in trouble.

Wilson
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM
I know that Hamilton has had issues in the past. One of the first races I watched this year (I can't remember which one it was), Hamilton span out and then flicked his car around on the track which forced another driver off for a second. That was dumb, and I can see people having issues with those sorts of things.

I don't get Massa's complaint about the qualifying incident though. He had no reason to try to block Hamilton off, it's not like he had to worry about the McLaren's going defensive on a qualifying lap. It was pointless to cut him off and then let him past a moment later. Massa was equally aggressive there in my opinion and it looked like he let frustration get to him, which is probably the same thing that has caused problems for Hamilton.

As for the race itself, I've only seen the highlight of the incident where Hamilton hit Massa, so I can't really comment on the rest of his race.

Wilson
09-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Hamilton's dad has said that Lewis needs more support from his team. I don't get it, through the races that I've watched, whenever something has happened with Lewis, McLaren seem to have backed him up all the way. It's weird for his dad to come out and say this.

LegendX
09-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Well recently Hamilton hasn't really been in the good books because of his driving. Until last year or this year it pretty much looks like Button is the #1 driver at McLaren. I do think sometimes that Hamilton doesn't ge the support or information he needs throughout a race, you almost always hear him asking in frustration about what is happening in the race and what his strategy should be.

LegendX
09-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Hamilton needs to grow up a little and work on his attitude. Just saw James Allen on TV and he said he heard that Massa had approached him (Hamilton) and he did nothing but shrug him off, basically ignoring him which later resulted in Massa confronting him whilst Hamilton was doing an interview.

LegendX
09-28-2011, 09:08 AM
**** F1 2011! (not really lol)

I WANT THIS!!!!!!

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/08/at-speed-around-spa-in-the-latest-formula-1-simulator/

That be so awesome :drool:

BirdIsTheWord
09-29-2011, 03:31 AM
I got F1 2011 today, I suck at it but I'll get better.

LegendX
09-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I got F1 2011 today, I suck at it but I'll get better.

Have no fear it's easy to get use to and you can change a lot of things to make it easier until you get a better feel for the game, just make sure you have auto-brake off because that will really screw you up. Who'd you do career with? Unless you want a massive challenge do not pick HRT (and some other team or two) because they don't have KERS or DRS (one of the two) keeping the realism from real life.

Wilson
09-29-2011, 02:07 PM
In F1 2011 can you make your own driver to use or do you have to use one of the existing drivers?

BirdIsTheWord
09-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Have no fear it's easy to get use to and you can change a lot of things to make it easier until you get a better feel for the game, just make sure you have auto-brake off because that will really screw you up. Who'd you do career with? Unless you want a massive challenge do not pick HRT (and some other team or two) because they don't have KERS or DRS (one of the two) keeping the realism from real life.

I went with Force India, I haven't done a race yet in Career just been doing a few laps in Time Trial to get a feel for the game.

LegendX
09-29-2011, 07:01 PM
In F1 2011 can you make your own driver to use or do you have to use one of the existing drivers?

You don't really make anything other than putting in you're name and where you're from, laps times and everything will come up with your name but if you look carefully the car and the racing suit will have the name of the driver you replaced on it, but it's hard to read - mind says P. Maldonado.

BirdIsTheWord
09-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Did my first GP at Melbourne. Only did a 12 lap race, I think I'll put it up higher next race. Qualified 11th and got into 5th, I went in sharp in the second corner and passed a few. Was stuck in between the leaders and the rest for a bit but then spun out and went back to last. Did a few fastest laps from last and managed to get to 16th but got ahead of myself and went off the track a few times and in the end I finished 18th.

Wilson
10-04-2011, 01:05 AM
The controversy over Lewis Hamilton's collision with Felipe Massa in Singapore has been reignited after fresh footage reveals the Ferrari driver was instructed to "destroy" the Brit's race.

The two drivers came together at the Marina Bay circuit, with Hamilton running into the back of his rival as he tried to get past.

The accident left Massa with a right rear puncture and Hamilton, who was generally thought to be at fault, with a broken front wing and a drive-through penalty.

But a new twist to the story has emerged as the Formula One official edit of the race brings to light radio transmissions which were not heard during the original broadcast.

Speaking over the radio to the Brazilian, Massa's race engineer Rob Smedley seems to instruct his driver to make sure that Hamilton lost time behind him.

Smedley said: "Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on boy."

Despite these instructions, Massa was still furious after the race as he confronted Hamilton and accused him of driving without thinking for the second straight day following a separate incident in qualifying.

Sky Sports (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12433_7220288,00.html)

:eyebrow:

BirdIsTheWord
10-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey LegendX, is that you I see on another "forum based website that is inferior to PSD"?

LegendX
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Sky Sports (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12433_7220288,00.html)

:eyebrow:

I can see how it looks, but, Massa didn't cause a collision and being in front of Hamilton he has every right to do as he wishes, much like Schumacher and Monza. However, I don't understand the necessity of Ferrari "destroying his race", if any race should be destroyed it should've been Button's because he is pretty much the only threat to beat Alonso in the race for 2nd, and i don't think Ferrari has a chance at coming second in the Constructors either.

Hey LegendX, is that you I see on ?

sure is, I'd edit that site out of your post too considering it's another forum and although it is absolutely nothing like PSD the people that run this site will still get pains in their lady bits because you posted it.

Wilson
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I can see how it looks, but, Massa didn't cause a collision and being in front of Hamilton he has every right to do as he wishes, much like Schumacher and Monza. However, I don't understand the necessity of Ferrari "destroying his race", if any race should be destroyed it should've been Button's because he is pretty much the only threat to beat Alonso in the race for 2nd, and i don't think Ferrari has a chance at coming second in the Constructors either.

You're probably right that Massa didn't intentionally cause the collision, however considering how pissed Massa was afterwards at Hamilton for 'not using his mind', maybe Massa and Ferrari ought to start using their own minds and try to actually compete, rather than set their eyes on one competitor to slow down.

sure is, I'd edit that site out of your post too considering it's another forum and although it is absolutely nothing like PSD the people that run this site will still get pains in their lady bits because you posted it.

I'd actually just PM'd bird about this before I read your post. It's annoying that we can't post the names of other forums but it is what it is.

BirdIsTheWord
10-05-2011, 07:35 PM
My bad, had no idea about that. Fixed none the less.

Wilson
10-07-2011, 08:42 AM
McLaren's Jenson Button set the pace as his title rival Sebastian Vettel recovered from an early crash in practice for the Japanese Grand Prix.

To keep his title hopes alive, Button has to win in Suzuka on Sunday and hope Red Bull's leader fails to score.

The 2009 champion led both sessions, with Fernando Alonso's Ferrari second fastest overall ahead of Vettel.

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton caught traffic and was eighth, behind Mark Webber's Red Bull and Felipe Massa's Ferrari.

Vettel's crash at the second Degner corner provided some late excitement in an otherwise fairly sedate opening practice session at the challenging Suzuka circuit.

The defending champion added to the drama by running along the track, rather than waiting to be picked up by the marshals, leading to speculation that he was trying to stop the TV cameras filming the damaged front section of his car.

"It was a classic mistake around Degner One," said BBC 5 live analyst Anthony Davidson. "But it was a mistake nonetheless.

"He lost the front end, felt the rear was a bit light, let the car run out wide and then he was on the gravel and paid the price."

Vettel insisted on Thursday that he was not going to approach this race any differently than any other, and after first practice he told BBC F1 pit-lane reporter Lee McKenzie that the crash was the best reminder he could have had to focus on what he was doing on track rather than the championship.

"It was not really a big mistake," he said. "Maybe at that moment I was not 100% awake, and mistakes around here can be quite costly.

"I went off and tried to come back, tried to slow the car down as much as possible but didn't make it and hit the wall slightly."

Button finished runner-up to Vettel at the last race in Singapore and is the only driver who has a mathematical chance of stopping the German from defending his Formula 1 crown.

To do that, the 2009 champion has to win each of the remaining five races and hope Vettel does not win a point.

Button has commented here that mistakes are punished at Suzuka and realistically he will need Vettel to continue making errors this weekend.

It was a straightforward day for the McLaren driver, who is searching for his first win in Japan.

Button headed Hamilton in the morning and eclipsed Alonso by 0.174secs to top the timings again in the afternoon. But the Red Bulls appeared dominant when the teams were doing their race-simulation runs at the end of the second session.

"They are in a league of their own," Davidson said.

Button added: "The car feels good round here but we don't really know what to take from today in terms of where we stand.

"We need to improve a lot more to really feel confident we can challenge the Red Bulls.

"There are a few areas that are still a bit weak in terms of balance but hopefully we can find that overnight.

"I think the Red Bull is still the car to beat."

Alonso, meanwhile, believes Ferrari have made a step forward from Singapore.

"We hope to be able to fight with McLaren and Red Bull, but we know it won't be easy," said the Spaniard.

"What we can say is that the feeling from today is a little bit more encouraging than in previous races."

Hamilton was subdued when speaking to the media in Japan about his clash with Ferrari's Felipe Massa at the last race in Singapore.

The 2008 champion was also determined to put the latest controversy behind him but he got held up in traffic when he was out trying to set his fastest lap with the car in qualifying trim on softer tyres and finished 1.344secs off Button's pace.

Nevertheless, he is optimistic that he can have a strong weekend.

Hamilton, though, was more optimistic.

"Looking at the times, I think Red Bull typically carries less fuel than us during Friday's long-run practices - that's often been the case throughout the year - and we're often closer in the races," Hamilton said.

"I think our long-run pace, particularly on Jenson's car, looks good: I think we've got a good chance of being very competitive. Our pace over a single lap also looks very good."

Vettel lost only eight minutes in the second practice as the team worked through the lunch break to mend his damaged Red Bull.

When he emerged he also lost time under a backed up field of cars and set the third fastest time, 0.194secs behind Button.

Williams driver Rubens Barrichello, Renault's Bruno Senna and Japanese Sauber driver Kamui Kobayashi were caught out by fast and narrow Suzuka during second practice.

Barrichello also came unstuck at Degner One, taking his Williams backwards into the barriers and putting him out of the session.

"That's not a mistake you'd expect Rubens to make," said Davidson. "When you're desperately looking for a contract for next year it's a misjudgement."

Williams's problems mounted when team-mate Pastor Maldonado retired his car shortly afterwards.

Senna fared slightly better as he managed to keep his engine going and was pushed out of the gravel after going off at Turn One.

Kobayashi had a bumpy, sideways ride through the awesome 130R corner - where cars reach 190mph - and did brilliantly to keep his car on the circuit.

"Save of the century from Kobayashi," said BBC F1 commentator Martin Brundle on Twitter. "Stood on the bank at 130R watching as he opens DRS and spins 190mph corner and didn't hit a thing!"

After the session, Hamilton, Michael Schumacher, Sebastien Buemi, Heikki Kovalainen and Bruno Senna were called before the stewards for ignoring yellow warning flags.

BBC.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15209837.stm)

There's also a video of the practice highlights at the bottom of the page but I'm not sure if it's available to viewers outside of the UK though.

LegendX
10-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Loving the time slot for this race :)

Still no idea when Senna comes out on DVD :(

BirdIsTheWord
10-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Loving the time slot for this race :)

Still no idea when Senna comes out on DVD :(

I'll probably miss most of the race tomorrow. I might have to record it.
And I think I read that October 10th Senna is out on DVD.

LegendX
10-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I'll probably miss most of the race tomorrow. I might have to record it.
And I think I read that October 10th Senna is out on DVD.

I don't know, I've googled a hundred times and I went to JB Hi-Fi two days ago and still have no date for its release.

LegendX
10-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Top Ten:

1 - Vettel (0.009 faster than 2nd)
2 - Button
3 - Hamilton
4 - Massa
5 - Alonso
6 - Webber
7 - Michael Schumacher
8 - Senna
9 - Petrov
10 - Kobayashi

Q2 Eliminations:

11 - Sutil
12 - Di Resta
13 - Barrichello
14 - Maldonado
15 - Buemi
16 - Alguesuari
17 - Perez

Q3 Eliminations:

18 - Kovalainen
19 - Trulli
20 - D'Ambrosio
21 - Glock
22 - Ricciardo
23 - Rosberg
24 - Liuzzi

BirdIsTheWord
10-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Vettel right at the end pips Button. Was a pretty boring Qualifying until the laps few laps. Would have liked to see Webber higher but 6th isn't bad.

And what ended up happening with Hamilton and Schumacher (and I think Webber as well) at the end there?

LegendX
10-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Vettel right at the end pips Button. Was a pretty boring Qualifying until the laps few laps. Would have liked to see Webber higher but 6th isn't bad.

And what ended up happening with Hamilton and Schumacher (and I think Webber as well) at the end there?

In Hamilton's words, they "attacked" him. I can't remember what corner he said but on one of them Schumacher tried to pass him on the outside and Webber attacked him from behind and tried to go up the inside, withthat said, Hamilton has done things like that to Massa in Singapore and other races.

LegendX
10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Also, I love how well Senna has been racing, would love to see him in a faster car but I don't see that happening for a couples years maybe, he's still young with a big future ahead of him.

BirdIsTheWord
10-09-2011, 12:10 AM
In Hamilton's words, they "attacked" him. I can't remember what corner he said but on one of them Schumacher tried to pass him on the outside and Webber attacked him from behind and tried to go up the inside, withthat said, Hamilton has done things like that to Massa in Singapore and other races.

Yeah, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Hamilton.

Wilson
10-09-2011, 12:45 AM

I read that Hamilton claimed was trying to leave a gap between himself and Button who was ahead of him, and initially he felt that Webber and Schumacher. However, later in the day Hamilton took responsibility and said that everyone was just trying to get over the line for their last Q lap before the time ran out.

I think the claim that he was attacked just came in frustration because he can't seem to get anything going, which doesn't make it right but at least he came out and took responsibility.

I'm going to be recording the race, it's 5:45 AM here and it starts soon. I'll watch it this afternoon probably.

BirdIsTheWord
10-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Should have been a penalty on Vettel. He definitely cut-off Button, IMO.

LegendX
10-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Hamilton.

Yeah don't feel too sorry for him at all, especially after just watching him make contact with Massa which was unnecessary, going into a turn or not, Hamilton should've seen him.

I read that Hamilton claimed was trying to leave a gap between himself and Button who was ahead of him, and initially he felt that Webber and Schumacher. However, later in the day Hamilton took responsibility and said that everyone was just trying to get over the line for their last Q lap before the time ran out.

I think the claim that he was attacked just came in frustration because he can't seem to get anything going, which doesn't make it right but at least he came out and took responsibility.

I'm going to be recording the race, it's 5:45 AM here and it starts soon. I'll watch it this afternoon probably.

Yeah I'm actually sort of surprised Hamilton accepted responsibility considering how dejected he looked at the end of qualifying.

That was easily a penalty, surprised noohing was done about it, also annoyed that at the moment nothing has been said about Hamilton connecting with Massa. Don't care if he gets punished or not, but considering who it is, it should be reviewed.

Edit: after having said that it returns to the racing from advertisement and now the incident is under review.

Edit: no further action, wonder if he'll get a warning though?

BirdIsTheWord
10-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Button wins, Vettel back-to-back world champion.
Top 4 within 10 seconds of each other, would have been interesting to see how the Red Bulls would have went if they weren't told to hold position towards the end. Great race anyway.

LegendX
10-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Yeah awesome race. I'm going to hold judgement on just how great Vettel is until the end of next season. Alonso won two back-to-back and I'm pretty sure he was the you get at the time, while he's still a great driver - I personally think he's the best in the world, he just doesn't have the car to prove it - he just hasn't been able to push it much further. Still, Vettel is a fantastic driver and well deserved Championship win - even though I think Horner is a complete wanker, does anyone else get that vibe?

Now to enjoy the race for second between Button, Alonso, Hamilton and Webber.

Gotta say, Button's girlfriend is hot, lol.

Finally, Bird, what platform do you play F1 on? If it's Xbox we should race ;)

BirdIsTheWord
10-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Yeah awesome race. I'm going to hold judgement on just how great Vettel is until the end of next season. Alonso won two back-to-back and I'm pretty sure he was the you get at the time, while he's still a great driver - I personally think he's the best in the world, he just doesn't have the car to prove it - he just hasn't been able to push it much further. Still, Vettel is a fantastic driver and well deserved Championship win - even though I think Horner is a complete wanker, does anyone else get that vibe?

Now to enjoy the race for second between Button, Alonso, Hamilton and Webber.

Gotta say, Button's girlfriend is hot, lol.

Finally, Bird, what platform do you play F1 on? If it's Xbox we should race ;)

The race for second should be terrific, hopefully Red Bull focus on Webber for once.

I've got it on Xbox 360 but I don't have Xbox Live or whatever you need to race against others.

Wilson
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM

I thought so as well but when I saw the view from behind (from Hamilton's car) it looked as though Button should have just pulled back a bit earlier and held onto second.

It was the same kind of thing in the Hamilton-Massa incident I think, although I honestly can't remember if Hamilton changed his line or what.

My favourite part of the race was when Button, Vettel, Alonso and the McLaren engineer were sat in the room after the race. Button asked Vettel if he saw him at the start of the race, Vettel said something (didn't catch what), Button says "So that's how we're racing?" and Vettel challenged him to a re-start :laugh2: Love the competitiveness.

Button wins, Vettel back-to-back world champion.
Top 4 within 10 seconds of each other, would have been interesting to see how the Red Bulls would have went if they weren't told to hold position towards the end. Great race anyway.

Yeah the Vettel/Webber relationship really bugs me. Obviously today it wouldn't have made a difference, but throughout the season it certainly gives Vettel an unfair advantage because whenever Webber is behind him, Vettel essentially has a body guard protecting him from being overtaken.

It was great to see Button win and keep his cool after the early controversy. If that was Hamilton you figure he probably would have gotten frustrated and lost it a bit; Button doesn't ever seem to lose his focus though.

I loved the battle between Button and Alonso at the end, they both had amazing drives and Alonso was insane at the end. Congratulations to Button :clap:

LegendX
10-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Been doing some searching and the only dates I can find for the Senna release are November 5 and December 1. :sigh:

BirdIsTheWord
10-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Been doing some searching and the only dates I can find for the Senna release are November 5 and December 1. :sigh:

Have you seen it? I haven't but as soon as it's out on DVD I'll certainly be picking it up. Been watching the Top Gear tribute to Senna and he really was a phenomenal driver and person.

LegendX
10-15-2011, 03:41 AM
Hamilton on pole. Was fun to watch everybody try and match him but only to see them get second and then for the next car to come by and take second. If I heard correctly, this is the first race where Red Bull hasn't started from pole.

LegendX
10-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Also found out that Senna will likely be released late October, I can't wait :jumpy:

BirdIsTheWord
10-15-2011, 04:03 AM
1 3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2 1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault
3 4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
4 2 Mark Webber RBR-Renault
5 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari
6 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
7 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
8 10 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1
9 15 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes
10 14 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes
11 19 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari
12 7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes
13 18 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari
14 16 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari
15 9 Bruno Senna Renault
16 12 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth
17 17 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari
18 11 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth
19 20 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault
20 21 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault
21 24 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth
22 25 Jerome d'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth
23 23 Vitantonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth
DNQ 22 Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth

BirdIsTheWord
10-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Going to be hard to beat Lewis tomorrow, he certainly looked the quickest and it showed with pole but you never know. Hoping for another good race like Japan GP last week.

Wilson
10-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Just watched the qualifying, it's fantastic to see Lewis getting on the camera for positive reasons this time, what an awesome drive from him. I hope he can keep it up tomorrow. Would like to see Button pip Vettel for second place too.

BirdIsTheWord
10-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Once Vettel has the lead I don't think it's possible for him to be caught. Loved the battle between Hamilton and Webber. Another great race.

LegendX
10-16-2011, 08:45 AM
I just want next season to begin :sigh: Although I do love the Brazilian GP.

Wilson
10-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Once Vettel has the lead I don't think it's possible for him to be caught. Loved the battle between Hamilton and Webber. Another great race.

Yeah the Hamilton-Webber battle was awesome. It looked like Button and Alonso would get involved as well, I was a bit disappointed they couldn't catch up.

It was a bit boring to see Vettel dominate again but otherwise a pretty good race. Hopefully Hamilton can carry some good form over into India.

Luca68
10-16-2011, 10:28 AM
vettel is just killing it.

Wilson
10-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Sebastian Vettel admitted to some last-lap stupidity before winning the Korean Grand Prix.

Vettel's victory helped Red Bull complete the rare feat of the double double - back-to-back drivers' and constructors' championships.

A week after Vettel became the youngest two-time title-winner in F1 history in Japan, the 24-year-old's win, coupled with Mark Webber's third place, nailed down the team prize for Red Bull.

However, Vettel admitted that his moment of stupidity could have proved costly. Not content with the win, Vettel had to have fastest lap too, doing so on the final lap when normally a driver would cruise across the line.

"I think they will kill me now," said Vettel afterwards.

Ego

"On the radio they initially said 'you didn't get the fastest lap' which obviously isn't true.

"Then they came back on the radio and said 'idiot, you got it'.

"It's really stupid. I think in other races it doesn't really make sense, but on the last lap I had a good feeling, and yeah, I was pushing a bit harder to get the fastest lap.

"It's a small thing. It's probably more to do with the ego because there are no points, so it's really stupid from my side, but now I've got one, I'm happy."

Sky Sports (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12433_7247095,00.html)

:laugh2: :laugh2:

If this wasn't a German who kicked Britain's *** every weekend, I think I'd really like him :p

LegendX
10-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Finally found out the release date for the Senna DVD in Australia, December 8

BirdIsTheWord
10-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Finally found out the release date for the Senna DVD in Australia, December 8

Should make a good Christmas present for myself.

And in relation to your sig I'm going for France too.

LegendX
10-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Should make a good Christmas present for myself.

And in relation to your sig I'm going for France too.

Yeah I'll try con my dad into buying it for me for Christmas, but knowing me I won't be able to wait that long.

I pray to God France wins.

On another note, I just had the drive of my life on F1 2011, started on pole position in Malaysia, about 3 laps in on the last corner Button tries to pass me and hits me and for whatever reason i get a drive-through penalty, I do the penalty and I fall back to 19th, work my way through the field on option tyres, I pit a lap earlier than most sticking with the Options I get back up to 2nd, on lap 30 I switched to Primes (due to tyre rule) and fall back to 8th, fight my way back up an get into second with Button just 15 seconds ahead of me, I close the gap to about 10 and started falling behind so on about lap 47/8 I switch to Options again and I'm about 20 seconds down on Button at this point so I gun it, cutting corners (legally) wherever possible, drafting wherever possible and using DRS whenever possible, I had my fuel mix up to Rich (makes you go faster) and I start knocking off fastest lap times like it's going out of fashion I get to within 2 seconds, then one, I pass him on slow, tight corners twice but he had the racing line and took the lead. On the very last lap I'm like Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher combined tryingto catch him, with about half of the final sector to go the fuel light starts flashing telling me I'm low on fuel, on the second last corner turning into the second last straight I use ALL my KERS just to catch Button (knowing he has KERS also) I got to within a second so I could use DRS, I cut up the middle on the last corner and again Button gets in the lead briefly because he had the racing line, DRS comes on and me and Button are literally wheel to wheel, I tried bumping him to slow him down (it's worked :cool:) and we cross the finish line side-by-side. I won. With a time split of....

+--:--.---

That was the time split. I came first because I had the fastest lap of the race.

I know it doesn't sound that exciting but for a racing game that is - excuse my French - ****ing awesome, what a race, what a game. I'll even get a picture of the time split and post it shortly.

BirdIsTheWord
10-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Hahaha, that's awesome. One of the races I was doing I put the rich mix on early and forgot about it and ran out of fuel in the end so I restarted the race, I was pretty annoyed, I think I was on course for a podium.

What difficulty are you on and do you do full race days?

Wilson
10-20-2011, 10:41 AM
That sounds awesome :laugh2:

I'm getting F1 2011 this weekend, can't wait :jumpy:

The best race I ever had was on GT5 in a race for classic race cars. I'd tried it in a few different cars and always come middle of the pack. Then out of the blue I won a Jaguar XJ13 in a different event and tried the classic race in that, coming 3rd and 2nd, but this Japanese fan car kept on blowing me away. So I tuned the Jag up a bit and started the race again, now there are two of this Japanese car, one starting right behind me and one in 2nd. I got blown away by the one behind be but I got it back in the first few corners, eventually catching up to the top of the pack. The whole race went with me creating space in the corners and losing it on the straight, then I ****ed up on the second to last lap. I kept the lead out of the last corner but the lap ends on a really long straight, where the Japanese car always caught up to me. So he takes me on that straight but I get the lead back in the first few corners and hold him off until that last straight again. On the last straight he slipstreamed me and had pulled out to over-take me, when we crossed the line his nose was level with my front wheels, so I barely hung on. It was ****ing awesome :D :p

BirdIsTheWord
10-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Just won at the Nurburgring. Smashed Webber (2nd) by 12 seconds. Got pole position in the wet, which is rare because I suck in the wet, but I had a 10 grid penalty from practice so I started at 11th. Got up to third in the first few corners, there was a fair bit of touching but no penalties thank goodness. Had a good little battle with Button but got him on the straight, then took Webber, then lead for the rest of the race setting fastest laps along the way.

Wilson
10-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Do you need a code to play F1 online? If you don't I might have to save a few pounds by buying it pre-owned...

EDIT: Nevermind, it turned out to not cost too much brand new. I like the game so far but I suck at it. I dominated a race on the easy setting but I can't keep up on medium. I can't see any of the braking points so I just bury the car in the walls all the time.

Wilson
10-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Actually I'm getting used to the corners now. I was braking when I got to the red part of the line, thinking that was the braking point (like in GT5), rather than braking a bit before.

Just started a career mode, driving for Lotus. I'm doing full weekends to try and get used to the game a bit. I can't see myself challenging for championships in the Lotus, I'm going to try to keep difficulties tweaked to keep the results realistic, that seems to be happening right now because Vettel just blew my *** off the track :p

Absolutely loving the game so far.

LegendX
10-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Wilson I'm not sure if you're aware of this (i think you are but ill mention it anyway) or not but you can turn the racing line on so you can see it over the entire track or just the corners - I use it for corners. Also, it can help to use some specific track setups, if you can remember the websit or I can PM it to you. I really need to find someone to do Co-op with :sigh:

I restarted my career a few days ago and switched to Force India (I did the Malaysia race with Force India, FYI)

LegendX
10-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Also out of curiosity, what difficulty do you use? I used to use the Intermediate but I've switched to the Professional, I want to do it on Legendary but I think that will have to wait until I buy a steering wheel - they cost a fortune, $130, the cheap ones only work on PS3 or PC and they're crap, I've seen some that are $500, who on Earth would spend that much?! Lol.

Wilson
10-22-2011, 06:23 AM
I set it to medium but then changed a few of the settings around, I can't remember exactly what I did.

I've got the racing line over the full track for now but I will probably turn it off at some point.

I remember the website so I'll check out the race settings at some points, thanks :cheers:

My first race weekend was really strange. In practice I hit all the targets the engineers set me, but I couldn't compete with the times set by any other driver except my team-mate.

It got a bit better in qualifying, I recorded the 19th best lap time which was an improvement. I went out again to try and get up to 17th and get into Q2 but ****ing Sutil messed me up. First he went into the back of me going into a corner, then a few corners later, he came out of a corner really wide as I was trying to come back towards the middle of the track, which screwed up my time. Then the stewards gave me a ten place grid penalty, so I was stuck at the back of the pack in the race.

In the race I got up to 18th place and held it for ages. With around 20 laps left, Pastor Maldonado overtook Jerome d'Ambrosio for 19th place, which I had around a minute's lead on. But somehow the gap started disappearing, within five or six laps Maldonado had gotten the lead down to five seconds. I was able to get it back up to 10 or so and took what was supposed to be my last pit stop, coming out just behind Maldonado. I felt confident enough of catching him and re-taking 18th.

I don't know what the hell the pit crew did but my new tyres were terrible, I was slipping and sliding all over the place. Within a couple of laps I was back in the pits getting a better set of tyres, and had lost any chance of finishing 18th. 19th would still have been a decent result, except I had been set the target of 18th :mad: :laugh2:

BirdIsTheWord
10-22-2011, 06:46 PM
So are we all driving for Force India?
I've got it on Professional but I might change it to Legend, it's getting a bit too easy, I only have the racing line into the corners too.

LegendX
10-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Looks like we're going to see F1 in New York in 2013.

BirdIsTheWord
10-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Looks like we're going to see F1 in New York in 2013.

Just read a little about it before. A NY street circuit would be damn cool.

Wilson
10-24-2011, 06:50 AM
I thought it was going to be a New Jersey street race?

Will they replace one of the tracks they used this season or just add the New Jersey race onto the schedule?

BirdIsTheWord
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I thought it was going to be a New Jersey street race?

Will they replace one of the tracks they used this season or just add the New Jersey race onto the schedule?

New Jersey, New York, same thing. Well there's a race being added in Texas (in Austin I think) already next year and then possibly this one in 2013 so that would bring it up to 21 races. Apparently the Korean GP wasn't very popular and they didn't make the money they were hoping so it could be dropped for the race in New Jersey by 2013.

Wilson
10-24-2011, 07:13 PM
New Jersey, New York, same thing. Well there's a race being added in Texas (in Austin I think) already next year and then possibly this one in 2013 so that would bring it up to 21 races. Apparently the Korean GP wasn't very popular and they didn't make the money they were hoping so it could be dropped for the race in New Jersey by 2013.

Three races in the States, it seems like they're trying to push Americans on F1.

I wish we could have some extra races in England but I don't really know where we could put one :shrug:

LegendX
10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Three races in the States, it seems like they're trying to push Americans on F1.

I wish we could have some extra races in England but I don't really know where we could put one :shrug:

Three races? Where's the third? There's only two in 2013, New Jersey and Austin (and I'm not sure if Austin will be in 2013).

Wilson
10-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Three races? Where's the third? There's only two in 2013, New Jersey and Austin (and I'm not sure if Austin will be in 2013).

I was thinking F1 used Laguna Seca for some reason. I think they have raced there in the past, just not anymore.

LegendX
10-25-2011, 01:06 AM
I was thinking F1 used Laguna Seca for some reason. I think they have raced there in the past, just not anymore.

Ah okay. I don't think F1 is allowed to have more than one race in any particular country - I could be wrong, but I believe it is an FIA rule, I know V8 Supercars has that rule (although allowed to have as many races as possible in Australia). If that's the case - which I think it may be - then the reason we have had two races in Spain the past two years is because Catalunya is the Spanish GP and Valencia is the European GP - it was the same when they had Hockenheim and Nürburgring at the same time. I'll have to look it up.

Wilson
10-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Do you guys have any problems with the stewards in F1 '11? They've really irritated me in my last couple of races. In Turkey during a practice session, someone clipped me as I'm speeding along the really long straight with the slight bend. Because I was going at least 170mph, when the guy clipped me I went flying off the track and ending my session, but he didn't get a penalty. Then during the race, Vettel is lapping me so I slow down and stay on the edge of the track going around the corners but for some reason he doesn't go past and I get a drive through penalty for holding him up. In the end that one didn't matter too much because I was over a minute ahead of the next car and at least a minute behind the one in front of me.

In Spain I was absolutely screwed though. During one of the first few laps, Pastor Maldonado went off the track shortly before the chicane, and came back on into traffic. When he re-entered the track he went straight into the side of me, knocking me off the track and back a few positions, but he got no penalty. Still, I was having an absolute screamer of a race (in my opinion) and worked back up the field . I was in 12th ahead of Adrian Sutil and a few seconds behind Pastor Maldonado, and Sutil is really pushing to get past me. Going around one of the really long corners early in the lap, I'm sticking to the racing line and going really quick, with Sutil right next to me. Then he swerves left and back to the right, into me, and knocks me off the track (I'm lucky I didn't have to retire), but he got no ****ing penalty :mad:

I never caught back up with 12th place (I was already punching well above my weight), by the time I'd pitted (to replace my front wing) I was well back. Still, I was able to battle for positions 14-16, and was holding my own. I was in a battle with Rubens Barrichello and Vitaly Petrov and trying to make my way past Jerome d'Ambrosio, who was a lap behind. He let me past but then goes into my slip stream and for some reason starts pulling alongside me going into a corner, as if he's trying get back in front of me (despite him being a lap back). As I turn into the corner, there is contact between my back wheel and his front wing. d'Ambrosio lost part of his wing but stayed on the track, and I AM HIT WITH A DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY :mad: :mad:

After all that I finished in 18th, which usually would be a great result but considering the ******** penalty and non-penalties, I feel absolutely robbed.

BirdIsTheWord
10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
I've never had something like that happen to me, normally I'm pretty much at fault for my penalties. But yeah, I've had the same experience when overtaking drivers a lap down and then they're trying to overtake me again. I think the other drivers are a bit too perfect, they are always perfectly on the racing line and they don't ever really make any mistakes unless it's because of me. But still an overall great game.

BirdIsTheWord
10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
I got Xbox Live so PM me your gamertag and we can race against, or with, each other.

Wilson
10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm on PS3 I'm afraid. If anyone who visits this thread happens to be on PS3, my PSN is Wilson52Funk.

How are you guys on Monte Carlo by the way? I just retired from it, I couldn't drive it at all because I suck.

BirdIsTheWord
10-25-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm on PS3 I'm afraid. If anyone who visits this thread happens to be on PS3, my PSN is Wilson52Funk.

How are you guys on Monte Carlo by the way? I just retired from it, I couldn't drive it at all because I suck.

I crashed out, caught the front left on the corner outside the tunnel and took it off. I wasn't going so well up to that point either.

LegendX
10-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Monte Carlo is a fanastic track, I love it. I do every lap. The best car setup I've come across for it is the one made by a guy called Crimson Knight on the "website-we-dare-not mention".

BTW, my gamertag is RnR2334 (Xbox)

BirdIsTheWord
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Monte Carlo is a fanastic track, I love it. I do every lap. The best car setup I've come across for it is the one made by a guy called Crimson Knight on the "website-we-dare-not mention".

BTW, my gamertag is RnR2334 (Xbox)

I'll add you now. Yeah I love Monte Carlo, fun track but there's not much margin for error.

BirdIsTheWord
10-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm Teradactyl19 btw.

LegendX
10-26-2011, 12:20 AM
I'll add you know. Yeah I love Monte Carlo, fun track but there's not much margin for error.

That's what makes Monte Carlo so fun. I'm considering buying a steering wheel, but it's $130, although it would definitely make the racing more fun.

Wilson
10-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Yeah I agree that Monte Carlo is a great track, I just suck at it at the moment :p

LegendX
10-26-2011, 03:20 AM
There's are some great setups out there (you know where I'm talking about), look for the Monte Carlo one made by Crimson Knight, that setup is great at Valencia (extend the gears a little) and Singapore. Use that setup and you'll be blown away at how damn well it handles.

BirdIsTheWord
10-26-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm up to Spa at the moment. Was going to do Practice but there was a bit of rain so I put it off. I might do it Friday. Been playing a bit of quick race online, it would be better if there weren't jerks running into everybody.

BirdIsTheWord
10-26-2011, 04:20 AM
For 3 guys we've done quite well with this thread.

LegendX
10-26-2011, 04:34 AM
I'm up to Spa at the moment. Was going to do Practice but there was a bit of rain so I put it off. I might do it Friday. Been playing a bit of quick race online, it would be better if there weren't jerks running into everybody.

I absolutely love Spa, but I haven't come up with or found a decent setup yet, although I have tried them all. I should on almost all night if you want to race.

Also a little tip; only do quick race with friends. You're better off doing Custom Grand Prix where people have damage on full and realistic rules, all the wankers that purposely crash into you or simply can't drive get penalized and/or DSQ'd quickly.

On another note, if the connection between us isn't too bad, are you interested in doing a Co-op Grand Prix/Career?

Yeah it's gone pretty well, unfortunately there's only three races left and this season was almost literally a one man race. Hopefully next season it will be more competitive and close and we get to see the Cavallino Rampante return to it's former glory, back where it belongs, at the top. :D

In the mean time, if we're active enough I suppose we could use this thread to also talk and F1 2011 and any F1 news.

BirdIsTheWord
10-26-2011, 04:58 AM
I absolutely love Spa, but I haven't come up with or found a decent setup yet, although I have tried them all. I should on almost all night if you want to race.

Also a little tip; only do quick race with friends. You're better off doing Custom Grand Prix where people have damage on full and realistic rules, all the wankers that purposely crash into you or simply can't drive get penalized and/or DSQ'd quickly.

On another note, if the connection between us isn't too bad, are you interested in doing a Co-op Grand Prix/Career?

Yeah it's gone pretty well, unfortunately there's only three races left and this season was almost literally a one man race. Hopefully next season it will be more competitive and close and we get to see the Cavallino Rampante return to it's former glory, back where it belongs, at the top. :D

In the mean time, if we're active enough I suppose we could use this thread to also talk and F1 2011 and any F1 news.

If the connection is good I'm certainly up for it. Not sure if I'll make it on tonight though, I might but it'd be pretty late.

LegendX
10-26-2011, 05:09 AM
If the connection is good I'm certainly up for it. Not sure if I'll make it on tonight though, I might but it'd be pretty late.

It shouldn't be too bad, I've played plenty of games with friends in the UK and US and haven't had very many issues at all, so I dont think we will run into any. I'll likely be on all night switching between F1 and FIFA, so if you're on we can race, if not, no dramas.

Also, here's the picture of the final result in Malaysia: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56131812@N03/6264714776/

BirdIsTheWord
10-26-2011, 06:26 AM
It shouldn't be too bad, I've played plenty of games with friends in the UK and US and haven't had very many issues at all, so I dont think we will run into any. I'll likely be on all night switching between F1 and FIFA, so if you're on we can race, if not, no dramas.

Also, here's the picture of the final result in Malaysia: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56131812@N03/6264714776/

Haha, wow. Huge fastest lap too.

Wilson
10-26-2011, 10:42 AM

Yeah we're doing work in here :D

Hopefully more people will join in when next season starts and the championships are open again.

I did the Canadian Grand Prix last night and absolutely loved it. What a cool track.

I have a question about tyres. Can you guys tell me why they only use Pirelli? It seems strange that the teams have the choice of four engine manufacturers but only one tyre manufacturer. Why not give them a bit more choice there to add a little more strategy?

LegendX
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah we're doing work in here :D

Hopefully more people will join in when next season starts and the championships are open again.

I did the Canadian Grand Prix last night and absolutely loved it. What a cool track.

I have a question about tyres. Can you guys tell me why they only use Pirelli? It seems strange that the teams have the choice of four engine manufacturers but only one tyre manufacturer. Why not give them a bit more choice there to add a little more strategy?

Yeah, the Montreal Grand Prix is great, I absolutely love the track, have got a proper setup for it yet though.

I'm not sure about the tyres, but you have to remember a number of years ago and Indianapolis (I think, but it wasn't a simply oval track) that there were safety issues with the Michellin tyres, it was so bad that only the Bridgestone cars raced as all cars with Michellin tyres backed out because of those safety issues, the race ended with only 8 cars. So safety issues could be the reason, but I personally love the Pirelli tyres and am glad there's only one tyre company involved, plus they've done a fantastic job designing the tyres.

Honestly, if they really want to add more strategy they need to re-introduce refueling....and call me crazy but I want more laps at some races, even though most all seem to roughly take the same amount of time to complete.

Wilson
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, the Montreal Grand Prix is great, I absolutely love the track, have got a proper setup for it yet though.

I'm not sure about the tyres, but you have to remember a number of years ago and Indianapolis (I think, but it wasn't a simply oval track) that there were safety issues with the Michellin tyres, it was so bad that only the Bridgestone cars raced as all cars with Michellin tyres backed out because of those safety issues, the race ended with only 8 cars. So safety issues could be the reason, but I personally love the Pirelli tyres and am glad there's only one tyre company involved, plus they've done a fantastic job designing the tyres.

Honestly, if they really want to add more strategy they need to re-introduce refueling....and call me crazy but I want more laps at some races, even though most all seem to roughly take the same amount of time to complete.

One of the commentators over here mentioned that it's much safer without re-fuelling, fires and engine blow outs are much less likely (I don't know how it reduces the likelihood of engine blow outs though).

With the tyres, I'm sure there are plenty of companies that could build good enough tyres but I guess if they were then they would get the contract with F1, so it's down to the companies not making the right tyres more than anything.

Wilson
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Hamilton hit with a ridiculous penalty. He has a three place grid penalty to start the race for going too fast through yellow flags, but there was a green one on the same corner. There's clearly a miscommunication between the marshalls and Hamilton is getting penalised because of it.

LegendX
10-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Perez got the same penalty.

Wilson
10-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Perez got the same penalty.

Yeah I saw that. I wasn't trying to claim that the stewards are just against Hamilton (most of the problems this year have been his fault) but I think this one is absolutely ridiculous.

Wilson
10-28-2011, 11:33 PM
I need something explaining to me. I'm about to start a race and was looking at the tyre strategy before I started. The default plan is to start on primes, chance to options on lap 17, back to primes on lap 28, back to options on lap 46 and change to another set of options on lap 58,

However, if I go to the screen where I can choose what tyres to start on, it says the first set of options is unavailable, the second set is absolutely shot and has six laps left in it, the next set only has 10 laps in it, I can do 14 laps on the fourth and the fifth set is unavailable. So that's two sets of options that for some reason I can't use. Why is this?

I thought that they might become available later in the race, however I've had a few races where the tyres I get at the end have almost no grip, so I know the pit crew will put worn tyres on the car.

BirdIsTheWord
10-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m24.178s
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m24.474s + 0.296
3. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m24.508s + 0.330
4. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m24.519s + 0.341
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m24.950s + 0.772
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m25.122s + 0.944
7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m25.451s + 1.273
8. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes
9. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari
10. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari

Q2 cut-off time: 1m26.319s Gap **
11. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m26.319s + 1.662
12. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m26.337s + 1.680
13. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m26.503s + 1.846
14. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m26.537s + 1.880
15. Bruno Senna Renault 1m26.651s + 1.994
16. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m27.247s + 2.590
17. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m27.562s + 2.905

Q1 cut-off time: 1m27.479s Gap *
18. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m27.876s + 1.687
19. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1m28.565s + 2.376
20. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1m28.752s + 2.563
21. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m30.216s + 4.027
22. Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1m30.238s + 4.049
23. Jerome D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m30.866s + 4.677
24. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m34.046s + 7.857

Hamilton to start 5th because of the penatly.

13th pole for Vettel, 16th for Red Bull.

Massa hitting the "baguette" was pretty crazy, a few drivers struggled through there so they all know how wrong it can go now.

LegendX
10-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Dear Louise Hamilton,

Learn to drive. Massa didn't **** your mother or piss in your cereal.

Regards,
Rest of the World.

Say what you want, but this is neither the first, second, third, or fourth time Hamilton has had an incident with Massa inwhich it has mainly been his fault.

LegendX
10-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Wow, what a ****ing joke. Massa gets penalized for that? Wow, just wow.

BirdIsTheWord
10-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Surprise, surprise with the winner.

LegendX
10-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Another boring race...

BirdIsTheWord
10-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Another boring race...

Except for the start and the Massa/Hamilton incident. But yes, certainly wasn't the most exciting race.

LegendX
10-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Except for the start and the Massa/Hamilton incident. But yes, certainly wasn't the most exciting race.

For about 20 seconds of the race I was actually interested. We only need 10 or so laps to find out who was going to win. F1 and the FIA will change the rules for the 2012 season to make it more competitive, they did it to Michael.

Now that I'm bored...I'm going to attempt to do every single lap of Monaco...and win. Lol.

Wilson
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Wow, what a ****ing joke. Massa gets penalized for that? Wow, just wow.

I thought that was harsh at first too but look at the replay of them coming down the straight...Massa looks over about three times, he knew full well Hamilton was on his side and he turned into him. This one was Massa's fault, and it knocked Hamilton back to 9th place so I don't think Massa can complain about the result.

LegendX
10-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I thought that was harsh at first too but look at the replay of them coming down the straight...Massa looks over about three times, he knew full well Hamilton was on his side and he turned into him. This one was Massa's fault, and it knocked Hamilton back to 9th place so I don't think Massa can complain about the result.

Massa was in front and still had the racin line, what do you expect him to do? Drive straight into the wall? Not to mention Hamilton isn't even turning when he hits him. I don't see how it was Massa's fault at all, infront + on the racing line. Even Martin and David were questioning how exactly it was Massa's fault, there was nothing he could do, you can't expect him to just give up the position either.

Oh well, Louise continues to convince me that he's not as good of a driver as he's made out to be.

Wilson
10-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm not saying Massa should just go into the wall but he knew full well that there was a guy there, he should have just gone wider through the corner. He could have avoided doing that by defending his position better in the first place instead of taking such an early line for the corner.

Hamilton had the inside line and Massa turned into him, it's as simple as that for me.

I don't know what you're on about that Hamilton wasn't even turning, he began to turn right before the contact was made.

As for Hamilton not being as good a driver as he's made out to be, are you saying that it's just all hype? That what it sounds like and it makes no sense because he has won a world championship. There's no doubt that he's sucked this year but this one year doesn't mean 'he's not as good as he's made out to be'.

Wilson
10-30-2011, 11:57 PM
By the way can anyone tell me why the last set of options and prime tyres isn't available to me during a race on F1 '11? Are they for emergency only or something? :shrug:

BirdIsTheWord
10-31-2011, 03:22 AM
For some reason I won by a minute and 5sec today at Singapore. At the end of the first lap (I started on pole) I was already 10sec ahead and when I pitted on the 6th lap I came out in 2nd place. At one point I was ahead of second by a minute and 13sec. I passed Vettel at one point, that felt good.

Wilson
11-01-2011, 01:38 PM
French manufacturer says struggling team have the potential to bounce back

Renault chairman Carlos Ghosn is convinced that they can help resurrect the ailing fortunes of the Williams team.

Despite being one Formula One's most famous names thanks to nine contructors' championships and drivers' titles for the likes of Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill, the Grove-based team have slipped into decline in recent years.

Without a win since 2004, Williams currently stand on the brink of their worst season in the sport for more than a quarter of a century, with drivers Rubens Barrichello and Pastor Maldonado having scored just five points between them.

Even then that has to be put into context, given that the top 10 are now allowed to score points. During Williams' early days in the 1970s, when the team were trying to find their feet and they were at their previous lowest ebb, the two ninth-place finishes from Barrichello and Maldonado's 10th would not have counted.

These are wretched times for the team founded by Sir Frank Williams and Patrick Head. Yet from next season Williams will be powered by Renault engines, returning to their famous partnership from 1989 to 1997 when they dominated the sport.

Given that Renault have helped propel Red Bull to world title glory over the last two years, Ghosn, chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan alliance, has no doubts they can also help Williams.

"We trust the Williams team, and obviously we supply engines to them because we think they have much greater potential than what they are delivering today," said Ghosn.

"They have the strategy, they share it with us, and we think by supplying them with engines it will help them re-position themselves in a much better place in Formula One."

Comfortable

Ghosn is also adamant that, for now, Renault will remain an engine supplier rather than a constructor. Although an F1 team currently bears its name, the French manufacturer sold its stake after the infamous 'crashgate' saga at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix and the outfit now carries Lotus branding.

Even so, Ghosn conceded that you can never say never. He added: "Every CEO is going to tell you 'that's it, this is forever', but that's not the case.

"We change, we adapt with regard to circumstances, technology, the competition.

"But for the moment and for the foreseeable future, we feel very comfortable with how we are, so you can count on this for the next three to five years."

Williams will be the fourth team on the grid to be powered by Renault and Ghosn said they would be happy to supply more if FIA rules allowed.

"We have the team of engineers, technology and the plant, although obviously we have to prepare for it," he added.

"We're ready to respond to the needs of any team who would love to have a Renault engine."

Sky Sports (http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12476/7283584/Renault-backs-Williams)

I like the sound of this, hopefully another English team can get up the table a bit. It's a shame the Cosworth engines have been so poor though.

Wilson
11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Guys, are any of the users on 'that' website more trustworthy than others? I just used the set-up posted there for Istanbul in the Williams car and it absolutely sucked. It made me slower in the corners, my brakes locked up the second I touched them and I had almost zero grip in the corners. Really annoying.

EDIT: I'm actually at a bit of a loss with the game at the moment. I've done three races since joining Williams and won two by over 40 seconds (despite having to make an extra pit stop in one because of a puncture), so I've put the AI difficulty up a bit. Now I can't get higher than 17th in practice and can't keep up with even the Lotus or HRTs on the straights. So I seem to have the choice of dominating and it being boring or being dominated and it being boring :shrug:

BirdIsTheWord
11-09-2011, 08:22 AM
I normally write a few down and tinker with them to get the best set-up.

Yeah sometimes it's a bit weird for me too. I won at Singapore by over a minute but now at Suzuka (I've kept the difficulty the same) they just seem a lot better. I'll admit I'm not the best at Suzuka but there still seems like a difference.

BirdIsTheWord
11-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm calling it, another Vettel win leading from start to finish.

Wilson
11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Not seen qualifying yet but I read that it's Vettel leading Hamilton. I hope Lewis kept himself out of trouble for once.

I read that both McLarens did well in practice so hopefully Button has a good starting spot. I'll watch the qualifying later tonight.

BirdIsTheWord
11-13-2011, 07:32 AM
These late races (here in Australia anyway) are killing me. I wouldn't mind going to bed. I just might if Vettel is way out in front by lap 10.

BirdIsTheWord
11-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Vettel puncture! I shouldn't be this happy.

Wilson
11-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Awesome to see Lewis finish first. He had a lot of luck with Vettel's puncture but either way Lewis kept out of trouble and drove like he was driving before this season. I wonder if he would have been able to keep up if Vettel didn't retire though.

I hope Ferrari get their act together next season because Fernando Alonso seems to be a great driver. I think both him and Lewis can challenge for the title next season if Ferrari get sorted out and Lewis drives consistently at his best.

It's been a great weekend with England beating champion of the world Spain and Lewis Hamilton winning a Grand Prix :clap: :clap:

BirdIsTheWord
11-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Man, another huge victory at Suzuka, I think I might have to change the difficulty up to Legendary. Have you guys finished a season yet and if yes which team did you change to? (if you did change) Just got an offer from Sauber which is the best I've gotten so far.

Wilson
11-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Man, another huge victory at Suzuka, I think I might have to change the difficulty up to Legendary. Have you guys finished a season yet and if yes which team did you change to? (if you did change) Just got an offer from Sauber which is the best I've gotten so far.

I went through a whole season with Team Lotus and changed to Williams at the end of the season. I think the offers from Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari will come later in your career when your reputation is higher.

BirdIsTheWord
11-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I went through a whole season with Team Lotus and changed to Williams at the end of the season. I think the offers from Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari will come later in your career when your reputation is higher.

Yeah I don't expect any offers from them yet, and even Lotus-Renault and Mercedes shouldn't be 'til the end of my next season atleast. I'm with Force India at the moment, 3 races left in the season. Williams offered me a contract but pulled out after Singapore. Got offers from all the scrub teams. I'll probably end up going to Sauber by seasons end, they're a pretty good team.

heatbb
11-21-2011, 12:57 PM
So, less than a week til the end of the season. Who you think takes the 'best of the rest' title?
I'm going with Alonso, just for the fact that Interlagos suits him better than Button I think.

Wilson
11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Alonso deserves it, he's driven great in a car that clearly isn't as good as the Red Bulls or McLarens.

I hope the British guys can finish strong.

LegendX
11-23-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm obviously going with Alonso as "best of the rest", even if he finishes behind Button.

I'm excited for the Brazillian GP but it starts at 3am and I'll either be too drunk to watch, too hungover or passed out so I won't get to watch it. I love the Brazillian track, one of my favorites, obviously I want Alonso to win but I would probably be happier to see Massa win at home. I think the only thing to rival a Ferrari win at Monza is a Brazillian win at Interlagos.

JJ_JKidd
11-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Stopped watching when Vettel stringed like 5 victories out of like the first 6 or 7 races of the season. Unreal.. NO COMPETITION IMHO. F1 is all about the money.

Missed the Schumi-Hakkinen duels though :rolleyes:

Wilson
11-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Stopped watching when Vettel stringed like 5 victories out of like the first 6 or 7 races of the season. Unreal.. NO COMPETITION IMHO. F1 is all about the money.

Missed the Schumi-Hakkinen duels though :rolleyes:

Everyone's been saying things like this this season. I think it's dumb. This time last season there were something like five drivers who could have won the championship on the last day of the season. Vettel and Red Bull have dominated this season but it's a complete opposite of what happened just one year ago. Considering how close McLaren have been at the end of this season, the improvements we know teams like Ferrari, Renault and Williams will make, and the continued growth of teams like Force India and Toro Rosso, we can definitely expect a much more competitive season next year.

BirdIsTheWord
11-23-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm obviously going with Alonso as "best of the rest", even if he finishes behind Button.

I'm excited for the Brazillian GP but it starts at 3am and I'll either be too drunk to watch, too hungover or passed out so I won't get to watch it. I love the Brazillian track, one of my favorites, obviously I want Alonso to win but I would probably be happier to see Massa win at home. I think the only thing to rival a Ferrari win at Monza is a Brazillian win at Interlagos.

3am!!!! :speechless: I can barely stay up for the 11:30pm starts. Although it might work out because I usually fall asleep on the couch then wake up at 2:30am, so I might catch all the race.

And Jenson will be best of the rest.

Wilson
11-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Starting grid for tomorrow:

1. S. Vettel Red Bull
2. M. Webber Red Bull
3. J. Button McLaren
4. L. Hamilton McLaren
5. F. Alonso Ferrari
6. N. Rosberg Mercedes GP
7. F. Massa Ferrari
8. A. Sutil Force India
9. B. Senna Renault
10. M. Schumacher Mercedes GP

11. P. Di Resta Force India
12. R. Barrichello Williams
13. J. Alguersuari Torro Rosso
14. Sebastien Buemi Torro Rosso
15. V. Petrov Renault
16. K. Kobayashi Sauber
17. S. Perez Sauber
18. P. Maldonado Williams

19. H. Kovalainen Lotus
20. J. Trulli Lotus
21. V. Liuzzi HRT
22. D. Riccardo HRT
23. J. D'Ambrosio Virgin
24. T. Glock Virgin

What a lap by Vettel to clinch pole. Bruno Senna and Mark Webber had great drives as well.

Hopefully someone can hang onto Vettel at the start of the race to make it interesting tomorrow.

BirdIsTheWord
11-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Come on Webber, finish with the win!

Good to see Senna up into 9th, hope he has a good drive for the home crowd. Same with Massa. Not sure if I'll make the race but I definitely try and watch it.

Wilson
11-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Come on Webber, finish with the win!

Good to see Senna up into 9th, hope he has a good drive for the home crowd. Same with Massa. Not sure if I'll make the race but I definitely try and watch it.

Barrichello too. If this is to be his last season it would be good to see him have a good race in his home Grand Prix.

Wilson
11-27-2011, 11:41 AM
I'll be watching the race after Liverpool v. Man City, so I'll check in with you guys then :cheers:

Wilson
11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
A bit of a **** race but it was good to see Mark Webber get a win.

Bit gutted to see Hamilton go out like that but at least he didn't hit Massa again :p

heatbb
11-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I held my breath when Hamilton was behind Massa even after the pitstops. But it really concludes Hamilton's season. He didn't have the right pace all year, made stupid mistakes and all 4 who finished ahead of him in the standings, where rightfully there.
I actually don't like that Webber won they way he did. Thought Red Bull had heard that team commands were allowed, apparently not.

Anyway, congrats to Vettel, Red Bull and hopefully we see a more interesting fight for the title next year.

BirdIsTheWord
11-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Super happy that Webber won. Dissapointed Vettel had the gearbox issues and couldn't make a race out of it but still happy for Webber. I thoroughly enjoyed the race.

LegendX
11-29-2011, 04:22 AM
Can't wait for next season. Hopefully Ferrari comes out with a more competitive and faster car.

heatbb
11-30-2011, 05:23 AM
Raikkonen confirmed for a Renault seat in 2012-2013. If Kubica comes back, this will be one of the best tandems in F1. Doubt LRGP is fast in 2012 given that Heidfeld is the only one who has any knowledge of developing a car on the team. But in the second half of 2012 I think Lotus will be consistently on the podium.