PDA

View Full Version : Javaris Crittenton charged with murder

Gators123
08-26-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/former-nba-player-charged-1146197.html

A former NBA player and Georgia Tech standout has been charged with shooting a 22-year-old woman to death, Atlanta police said Friday night.

Javaris Crittenton faces a homicide charge in the death of Jullian Jones, according to Carlos Campos, APD spokesman.

Jones was walking with others near 2915 Macon Drive in southwest Atlanta around 10 p.m. Aug. 19 when she was shot, Campos said. She later died from her injuries.

Investigators do not believe Jones was the intended target. Crittenton may have been seeking retaliation after being robbed April 21, 2011, Campos said.

Crittenton was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of the 2007 NBA Draft and was traded his rookie year to the Memphis Grizzlies. While playing for the Washington Wizards, Crittenton was involved in a December 2009 locker room incident with then-teammate Gilbert Arenas where the two pulled guns on each other.

On Jan. 25, 2010, Crittenton pleaded guilty and was given a year of probation on a misdemeanor gun possession charge. Two days later, Crittenton and Arenas were suspended for the rest of the season.

tweet from Gilbert

agentzeroshow-

i really wanna say sumthing but i wont becuz theirs a dead women involved..

COOLbeans
08-26-2011, 08:35 PM
what? if he's guilty hes going away for a long time.

NYman15
08-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Wow. I'm stunned. Guy had that incident with the guns and Arenas a few years ago, but that really wast a violent crime. This is stunning.

Avenged
08-26-2011, 08:47 PM
His misdemeanor on gun possession charges doesn't really help his cause here..

llemon
08-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Life can be a strange animal, can't it?

jimbobjarree
08-26-2011, 08:49 PM
what a twat

LakersA's49ers
08-26-2011, 08:50 PM
wow. he looks nice and hes actually evil

Cert
08-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Holy ****

showtym24
08-26-2011, 08:52 PM
:pity:

Venomous88
08-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Arenas should be grateful it wasn't him. He was probably joking the whole time, but you never know who has the ability to take someone's life.

GoPacers33
08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
:facepalm:

VCaintdead17
08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
What a twist!

lurkinglionsfan
08-26-2011, 09:19 PM
wow loved to watch him in college but never expected this.

Geargo Wallace
08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
moron.

Chi StateOfMind
08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Man these athletes just piss away their life when they have a golden oppurtunity right in their face. Sad to see and I hope other athletes start getting their stuff together. Embrace this talent and make it count.

Cal827
08-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Arenas should be grateful it wasn't him. He was probably joking the whole time, but you never know who has the ability to take someone's life.

This.

This really doesn't help the players image during this lock out. If he's guilty, I hope he never sees the light of day again.

Kinglorious
08-26-2011, 10:11 PM
:crazy:
real smooth, mr. crittenton... :facepalm: ya dumb ****ing idiot.

Tmath
08-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Big Bubba will be happy to have a new friend.

Stuckey#3
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
It sucks. When this kid first came in the league I thought he would be an all star... now he is just another statistic and some poor girl is laying in the ground because of his actions.

Waste of talent and life.

jrm2054
08-26-2011, 10:22 PM
wow how ****ing stupid can you be

DwayneMVPwade
08-26-2011, 10:23 PM
damn. He could be living the life right now, if he focused in improving his game. Now he might be going to jail for a long time now.

GrantHustle
08-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Instead of getting revenge on some loser who robbed you ....you should have worked on your game make a better life for you and your family....but now you have ruined your family and the family of this poor young woman....May she rest in peace

Sadds The Gr8
08-26-2011, 10:36 PM
****in ******

TO Rapz
08-26-2011, 10:38 PM
What a dumbass.

HeaTxRipZz
08-26-2011, 10:48 PM
idiot........sadly this is what is wrong with the world......We don't value life for anything

You have idiots like this looking to kill over money......Don't get me wrong I'm from where things like this happen all the time but the difference is I know Money will always come and go. Money can be made back, a life cannot be brought back

RIP to the woman that was killed

llemon
08-26-2011, 11:12 PM

If the victim had been Arenas, perhaps the lockout would have immediately ended.

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Arenas grammar FAIL

MrfadeawayJB
08-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Wow, if he is convicted, this is a very sad story to Javaris Crittenton. We got a talented basketball player who allowed a mistake (the gun incident) define who he is. To bad we couldnt see a comeback story of sorts. I just dont see a bright light at the end of this tunnel

Slimsim
08-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Now he went from the NBA to now possibly spending the rest of his life in Jail, how do you not commit suicide after this ?

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2011, 11:32 PM
You can take the ballers outta the hood and dress em up in suits and send them to college... but you cant take the hood outta most of them. Drug charges, gun charges, assault charges, robbery charges..

DenButsu
08-26-2011, 11:37 PM
What a waste of two lives. Sad.

Fmaranesi
08-26-2011, 11:39 PM
I blame this on the lockout

six
08-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Some of you guys are acting like he was already found guilty. Lots of people get charged with crap they didn't do. So lets stop judging him before he is judged in court first.

DenButsu
08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Some of you guys are acting like he was already found guilty. Lots of people get charged with crap they didn't do. So lets stop judging him before he is judged in court first.

Point taken, and you're right technically... But the court of public opinion is not a court of law. And I think most people have the common sense to understand that the phrase "IF he's guilty..." implicitly prefaces the comments.

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2011, 11:56 PM

:laugh: Lets just say his track record aint that great

LakersMaster24
08-26-2011, 11:58 PM
The kid could have developed into a OK player and be a good role player in the league...Oh well...

HeaTxRipZz
08-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Granted we don't know if he did it or not but a court of law won't prove it either ask Casey Anthony

sixer04fan
08-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Arenas is probably saying "Damn, maybe he was actually going to kill me."

LionsFan..LOL
08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
If he really did do this then what a waste. Waste of a 2 lives (one taken from them unjustly). Also a golden opportunity like the NBA isn't given to everyone, and he goes and flushes it down the drain. :pity:

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Inocent 'til proven guilty

king4day
08-27-2011, 01:12 AM
I wonder what Arenas was going to say

S.J.Basketball
08-27-2011, 01:43 AM
Honestly, I wish it was Arenas that got shot instead. ****ing blowhard....

LTBaByyy
08-27-2011, 01:55 AM
This is so sad.

He better get Jose Baiz as his lawyer, seriously.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-27-2011, 04:01 AM
throw his *** in the jail for life.

BHF
08-27-2011, 04:18 AM
reading yahoo comments on this and wow so many idiots its not even funny
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AosX9V2PguMuzPN_RmNiaTo5nYcB?slug=ap-crittentonarrested

sventhedog
08-27-2011, 06:47 AM
people tend to do bad stuff when they aren't busy. lol.

Heediot
08-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Honestly, I wish it was Arenas that got shot instead. ****ing blowhard....

Wow...:confused:

LionsFan..LOL
08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
reading yahoo comments on this and wow so many idiots its not even funny
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AosX9V2PguMuzPN_RmNiaTo5nYcB?slug=ap-crittentonarrested

No joke, I open that link up and the first comment I see is this:

What's one more black sports guy in prison matter anyway ?

Who cares ? Once they retire, all black sports athletes should be PROACTIVELY thrown in prison for life to avoid innocent deaths that are sure to come if they remain free.

****ing moron. :mad:

Kakaroach
08-27-2011, 11:06 AM
This is terrible for the NBA. If he was an even slightly better player this could be huge news but chances are most people will forget by the time the lockout is over.

ramz.n
08-27-2011, 11:07 AM
why put yourself in that kind of situation at the age of 23 with all that talent..either way he would have gone to jail..first for shooting at a person he believed robbed him..and accidentally shooting that mother..this guy deserves to be put behind bars and lose everything.

mttwlsn16
08-27-2011, 11:24 AM
No joke, I open that link up and the first comment I see is this:

****ing moron. :mad:

:laugh:

gotoHcarolina52
08-27-2011, 11:40 AM
The needle cometh.

nickdymez
08-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Wow really? You should go into law!!!

Hellcrooner
08-27-2011, 02:17 PM
is there death penalty in the state he did the shooting?

GiantsSwaGG
08-27-2011, 02:26 PM
:facepalm: What a way to throw away your career...He's done.

Ban him from the league for good!

DenButsu
08-27-2011, 02:42 PM
This is terrible for the NBA. If he was an even slightly better player this could be huge news but chances are most people will forget by the time the lockout is over.

I don't think this is terrible for the NBA. Perhaps it should be, but it won't be.

By the time the next season starts, wveryone will have totally tuned out (except for us diehard fands). He'll just be a random sideshow, not anything to break up the game.

Antipod
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
F* him !!!
He just took a giant ***** on his live and that`s like 99% his own fault...
I`ll mostly forget about this in a very short period of time

Tony_Starks
08-27-2011, 03:53 PM
I guess it was a real situation when him and Gilbert was talking guns....... Sad to see him go out like that, it confirms all these these folks worst nightmare, if it's true......

JWO35
08-27-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm assuming Crittenton has a good amount of money, couldn't he have hired a hit man?

He's a complete dumass..the gun incident with Arenas should've been an eye opener

AIRMAR72
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
i saw it on the local news in atlanta but im not surprise at ALL by javaris action that dumb *** got exactly what he deserve for hanging around people who are not his level, javaries is addicted to the ghetto lifestyle which is polluted with drama, chickenheads, blink blink and wanna be gangstas

dodie53
08-27-2011, 10:58 PM
tsk tsk tsk

king4day
08-27-2011, 11:38 PM
:facepalm: What a way to throw away your career...He's done.

Ban him from the league for good!

I think he's banned from life for good. Nevermind the league. He just needs to be proven to have been in the car (nevermind the actual killing) and he's never touching an NBA floor again.

Hellcrooner
08-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I think he's banned from life for good. Nevermind the league. He just needs to be proven to have been in the car (nevermind the actual killing) and he's never touching an NBA floor again.

He has bigger problems than bieng allowed to play basketball.

i checked.
there IS death penalty in georgia.
He better prepare his coins to pay the ferryman.

Bulls_fan90
08-28-2011, 12:43 AM
At least he didn't turn his back on his hometown team on national television.

llemon
08-28-2011, 12:49 AM
He has bigger problems than bieng allowed to play basketball.

i checked.
there IS death penalty in georgia.
He better prepare his coins to pay the ferryman.

"Don't Pay The Ferryman"

Giraffes Rule
08-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Has nobody told Arenas to stop using his twitter account yet? Saying ANYTHING about this is ****ing stupid on his part.

LOOTERX9
08-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Wow! did not expect this story on this hurricane night

Chi StateOfMind
08-28-2011, 02:19 AM
If he was smart He would run until he can't anymore. Cuz life in prison is where he's headed. Money isn't gunna make this go away either.

TheRunKiller
08-28-2011, 03:18 AM
:facepalm: Stupid

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Poor girl, This dude is a clown#smh

tredigs
08-28-2011, 04:32 AM
I'll go ahead and wait for the facts to present themselves. Murder trials are more than often ridiculously convoluted and spun beyond belief. This doesn't look good for Javaris, but it's worth reserving judgement until the dust settles on **** like this.

RaiderLakersA's
08-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I'll go ahead and wait for the facts to present themselves. Murder trials are more than often ridiculously convoluted and spun beyond belief. This doesn't look good for Javaris, but it's worth reserving judgement until the dust settles on **** like this.

I agree completely.

Do I understand correctly that Crittenton has not been taken into custody yet?

chicago lulz
08-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree completely.

Do I understand correctly that Crittenton has not been taken into custody yet?

I don't believe they have been able to track him down

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is helping police in Atlanta and Los Angeles search for a former NBA guard wanted for murder.

NBA_Starter
08-28-2011, 10:52 PM
He's an idiot for sure!

lakers4sho
08-29-2011, 09:11 PM
nvm

JWO35
08-29-2011, 10:06 PM
If you're ducking the police while you are wanted for murder...they should skip the trial.

49GiantWarriors
08-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Wow just found out that he was on the dubs d-league team, he could of had the chance to become a decent player with the warriors rebuilding and all.

stawka
08-29-2011, 11:00 PM

Oh FFS :facepalm:

Anyway, this guy is an idiot. Everyone will forget about his name once he goes to jail or his punishment is dished out to him because he's a ****ing nobody. The sad part is, it won't even take that long for everyone (excluding family and friends) to forget the name of the victim.

Find him, **** his *** in prison, then jam a needle so far up his *** that it reaches his neck and put him down like the dog that he is.

I have no remorse for people like that.

Giraffes Rule
08-29-2011, 11:37 PM
@BreakingNews
Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton arrested at CA airport on murder warrant, FBI says - AP

sportscrazy34
08-30-2011, 12:37 AM
@BreakingNews
Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton arrested at CA airport on murder warrant, FBI says - AP

I don't get why they arrested him in california if he was on his way to alanta to turn himself in. From what i understand they had fbi guys there put two on the flight to make sure he dosen't skip and arrest him there.

beasted86
08-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Oh FFS :facepalm:

Anyway, this guy is an idiot. Everyone will forget about his name once he goes to jail or his punishment is dished out to him because he's a ****ing nobody. The sad part is, it won't even take that long for everyone (excluding family and friends) to forget the name of the victim.

Find him, **** his *** in prison, then jam a needle so far up his *** that it reaches his neck and put him down like the dog that he is.

I have no remorse for people like that.

Wow, funny listening to people jump to conclusions when they don't know the details of what happened, and nobody has been convicted of anything

Is it guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty? And even if he is guilty, we don't know if he's remorseful, what exactly happened, etc...

Maybe he went there to rob the people back and they started shooting at him first and it turned into a shootout that got her killed. It would still be wrong, and he should still see life in jail, but would you still call him a 'dog that deserves to be put down'?

Why don't we reserve judgement until everything is out?

Stuckey#3
08-30-2011, 01:02 AM
I don't get why they arrested him in california if he was on his way to alanta to turn himself in. From what i understand they had fbi guys there put two on the flight to make sure he dosen't skip and arrest him there.

According to his attorney he offered to turn himself in to CA authorities but ATL PD said no and that they wanted him to come back to ATL. This dude is innocent until proven guilty. Is it just me or if these guys (the targets) were thugs they might have been beefing with more than one person? Also how many black trucks do you think there are in ATL? People are jumping to conclusions.

Stuckey#3
08-30-2011, 01:03 AM
It's too bad (for him) that his last name isn't Rothlisburger; Georgia police aren't doing him any favors.

Cal827
08-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Wow, funny listening to people jump to conclusions when they don't know the details of what happened, and nobody has been convicted of anything

Is it guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty? And even if he is guilty, we don't know if he's remorseful, what exactly happened, etc...

Maybe he went there to rob the people back and they started shooting at him first and it turned into a shootout that got her killed. It would still be wrong, and he should still see life in jail, but would you still call him a 'dog that deserves to be put down'?

Why don't we reserve judgement until everything is out?

Yup. If this was the situation, then he should get death (as well as the other party). He went there with the intent of committing a crime in the robbery (which would mean he likely pulled a gun out first, I mean most people don't give people their wallets just because they say "I've come to rob you".). His actions provoked the "shootout", which lead to the death of a mother of 4. People damn well know what happens when you start shooting at each other in a public area.

Of course, this is a hypothetical. We don't know If he did this (Obviously it's innocent until proven guilty). But IF he did this, he doesn't deserve to live, I don't care how remorseful he is.

Really dude? :pity:

Lloyd Christmas
08-30-2011, 01:47 AM
I hope he's innocent. Not because I care about him but because I want all of those racist people in the yahoo comments to go **** themselves.

beasted86
08-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Yup. If this was the situation, then he should get death (as well as the other party). He went there with the intent of committing a crime in the robbery (which would mean he likely pulled a gun out first, I mean most people don't give people their wallets just because they say "I've come to rob you".). His actions provoked the "shootout", which lead to the death of a mother of 4. People damn well know what happens when you start shooting at each other in a public area.

Okay... so what if he went there strapped just to find out who robbed him (not to rob them back like earlier hypothetical), and it turned into an argument and they started shooting first and it turned into a shootout that got her killed?

And even in the earlier situation, he wouldn't get murder 1 and wouldn't get the death penalty.

All I'm saying is there is so many hypothetical situations where how we look at what he did or didn't do that can alter our perception on him. Why don't we reserve judgment.

Cal827
08-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Okay... so what if he went there strapped just to find out who robbed him (not to rob them back like earlier hypothetical), and it turned into an argument and they started shooting first and it turned into a shootout that got her killed?

And even in the earlier situation, he wouldn't get murder 1 and wouldn't get the death penalty.

All I'm saying is there is so many hypothetical situations where how we look at what he did or didn't do that can alter our perception on him. Why don't we reserve judgment.

That could be another hypothetical situation that could have occurred, but his defense would have a tough time convincing the jury that he just went there to talk to the guy who robbed him (especially if he was robbed at gunpoint). Unfortunately, the incident he had with the Wizards would likely pop up in this case too.

Wouldn't the previous situation be considered Capital murder? In that hypothetical, he committed a felony, while committing another felony (Robbery/Murder). I'm sorry if I'm wrong, obviously I don't know as much about American Law.

I do agree with you on reserving judgement on him (that why many people here are using "if", or innocent till proven guilty) but unfortunately it's not going the be like that for much of society (As some of those Yahoo comments suggest).

Stack_NJNets
08-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Life?

beasted86
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
That could be another hypothetical situation that could have occurred, but his defense would have a tough time convincing the jury that he just went there to talk to the guy who robbed him (especially if he was robbed at gunpoint). Unfortunately, the incident he had with the Wizards would likely pop up in this case too.
I don't think it's that hard of a case to get the charge reduce to 2nd or 3rd degree murder under a plea bargain.

Wouldn't the previous situation be considered Capital murder? In that hypothetical, he committed a felony, while committing another felony (Robbery/Murder). I'm sorry if I'm wrong, obviously I don't know as much about American Law.
I'm no law expert either... but I know Murder 1 is a premeditated and willful. The key is them shooting first why it would be reduced to Murder 2 in that scenario.

I do agree with you on reserving judgement on him (that why many people here are using "if", or innocent till proven guilty) but unfortunately it's not going the be like that for much of society (As some of those Yahoo comments suggest).
Agreed, but that doesn't make it right. I don't know when society and public opinion started overruling the justice system. We might as well go back to pitchforks and torches...

theducksmuggler
08-31-2011, 08:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/31747/javaris-crittentons-tweets
its a blog but its an interesting read, based on his twitter he doesnt seem like i guy who just shot and killed someone but who knows...

LongWayFromHome
08-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Under state of mind (iv), the felony-murder doctrine, the felony committed must be an inherently dangerous felony, such as burglary, arson, rape, robbery or kidnapping. Importantly, the underlying felony cannot be a lesser included offense such as assault, otherwise all criminal homicides would be murder as all are felonies.

Most states classify a homicide that occurs during the commission of a felony as first-degree murder, even though the element of premeditated intent is absent. In some states the commission of an act in itself imminently dangerous to others, such as throwing a bomb into a crowd and causing death, is classified as first-degree murder.

chonbon
08-31-2011, 11:32 PM
****ing tool bag piece of ****